Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:05:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] OPHION - A Secure, Anonymous & Decentralized Market |CROWDSALE LIVE|  (Read 15849 times)
Hazelnutter (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 11:11:35 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2016, 09:57:34 PM by Hazelnutter

Please Read

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1464725.msg14892191#msg14892191

Crowdsale Started Tuesday 10th May 2016 22:00 BST (GMT +1)

The Ophion ICO is going to last for 7 Weeks with a price change each week.

Week 1 - 1 OPH = 0.00010 BTC (~0.05 USD) 10 May - 17 May
Week 2 - 1 OPH = 0.00019 BTC (~0.08 USD) 17 May - 24 May
Week 3 - 1 OPH = 0.00028 BTC (~0.12 USD) 24 May - 31 May
Week 4 - 1 OPH = 0.00036 BTC (~0.16 USD) 31 May - 07 June
Week 5 - 1 OPH = 0.00045 BTC (~0.20 USD) 07 June - 14 June
Week 6 - 1 OPH = 0.00055 BTC (~0.25 USD) 14 June - 21 June
Week 7 - 1 OPH = 0.00060 BTC (~0.27 USD) 21 June - 28 June

There is a set asset of 8,000,000 OPH for ICO, Any OPH assets that have not been purchased will be destroyed by sending to an impossible address which will be made public.

We are being as transparent as possible with the funds we receive and have shown a breakdown below.

Project Developemt Fund: 70% ICO - Hiring Staff, Building Project, Extras (Private Git, Inital Build VPS) Help to aid development.
Marketing / Advertising Fund: 15% ICO - Advertisments, Hiring Dedicated Community Manager, Email Services.
Sebastian Bates: 5% ICO - Salary/Wage for development work and time
David Ladner: 5% ICO - Salary/Wage for development work and time
Project Dev/Design/Graphics: 5% ICO - Salary/Wage for development work and time

A breakdown of this can be proven by looking at our coinsplit scheme:

Coinsplit Scheme

CROWDSALE LINK

Ophion is, in essence a simple marketplace, a place where we can buy and sell goods or
services. The uniqueness of Ophion is shown in how it works and the challenges it
overcomes as compared to other popular decentralized marketplace concepts.

Ophion works similar to the Bitcoin network, in-fact it works on the Bitcoin network
and uses the blockchain to authorize transactions.

Ophion has been designed from the ground up to be as secure and anonymous as it
can possibly be. The security is reliant mostly on the software that we have
conceptualized but it also requires that users take their part in protecting themselves.
This is a two-part process; we have done our part so you will have to do yours.

Ophion has a large feature set aimed towards ease of use, anonymity and security. We
have also added features to help smooth out transactions between third parties.

Decentralized P2P Platform
AES-256 Encrypted Platform
Asset System & Built-in coin mixing
No Logging - At All!
Tor/i2p / Socks4/4a/5 Integration
2 of 3 Multisig Automation
Seller/Buyer Rating System
Encrypted Private Messaging System
Public Store Creation
Hidden Store Creation
SSL Certificate Support for Hidden Stores
RPC API

* Please note that due to the high level of security and encryption Ophion provides,
There will be no logging or viewing of previous transactions, Ophion representatives will not be able
to view this or help dispute if you have not provided them with a MultiSignature key.

Anonymity is a big part of Ophion’s goal, we believe in a free world, which we currently
do not have. Ophion is a major step forward in this domain.

Ophion comes with Tor/i2p / Socks4/4a/5 Integration as standard. This is to help
you mask your IP when the client is launched. We understand that some people will not
want to be monitored by their ISP, especially when using crypto currencies or similar
services.

Ophion also allows and recommends using SSL certificates for hidden stores. Although
a hidden store will already be encrypted on the blockchain it would be available to view
if someone was to come across your store link without a certificate.

Ophion will also be using an asset based system on the Bitcoin network and this allows
smaller, harder to find transactions with built in mixing. This decreases the chance of
tracking or linking your transactions.

One of Ophion’s big factors is security, especially to aide anonymity.
Security wise all transactions are stored using AES-256 CBC (128 block Size cipher and
256 key size) Cipher Block Chaining. This is also the case when sending another user of
Ophion a private message.

For certain features, such as Hidden Stores (Stores not publicly viewable), you can
enable SSL Certificate support. In this case you would need to send your buyer the
certificate to connect to your store and view your items for sale. This is not something
even an Ophion representative can see as all data is AES-256 CBC encrypted and
encrypted with SSL certificate underneath that.

Ophion will never ask for your details, such as name, address, email address, social media
identities, or other personal information. It is up to you to keep yourself secure; we have
simply provided the tools in order to do so.

Whitepaper PDF
Website Link

Official Twitter
Official Slack Channel
Get Slack Channel Invite

Sebastian Bates

My name is Sebastian, I am a professional web developer and currently lead a team of 6 people.

I have followed the cryptocurrency scene for the past 3 to 4 years but have rarely had the opportunity
or time to get involved.

Ophion has given me this opportunity, It's a dream of a free and encrypted market that holds hands well
with blockchain technology.

In my personal life I enjoy spending time with my family, wife and 2 daughters... and not forgetting our cat,
I play golf, football (soccer) and enjoy reading science journals.

If you wish to link up with me. Please see below.

LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/hazelnutter
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HazelnutterDev
GitHub: https://github.com/Hazelnutter

❰❰ OPHION ❱❱▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨ A SECURE, ANONYMOUS & DECENTRALIZED MARKET ▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨❰❰ OPHION ❱❱
TRADE GOODS OR SERVICES ■NO LOGGING - AT ALL■ 2 OF 3 MULTISIG AUTOMATION ■SELLER/BUYER RATING SYSTEM■ AND MANY MORE
❰❰▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❰❰ JOIN THE CROWDSALE ❱❱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❱❱
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:43:58 PM

It is an interesting twist, but... since "Ophion representatives will not
 be able to view this (Transactions) or help dispute (transactions) if you have
not provided them (Ophion) with a MultiSignature key".

Buyers are 100% at risk. Since, even if you are provided the MultiSignature key,
you would not know who the seller is.  Unless you can roll a transaction back???

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 01:49:57 AM

It is an interesting twist, but... since "Ophion representatives will not
 be able to view this (Transactions) or help dispute (transactions) if you have
not provided them (Ophion) with a MultiSignature key".

Buyers are 100% at risk. Since, even if you are provided the MultiSignature key,
you would not know who the seller is.  Unless you can roll a transaction back???

When a buyer chooses to buy a product from a seller the buyer is presented with a dialog asking whether they want to send funds direct or create a 2 of 3 multisig address

1. Default cannot be changed is seller.
2. Default cannot be changed is buyer
3. Default is Ophion representative - This can be changed to someone else who both parties agree on though

The address is generated but no funds are transferred until all parties agree everyone who should have a key has a key - They can confirm via Ophion Private Messaging System. Unless its Ophion Representative. The buyer is at risk if he does not follow the recommended guidelines lined out above. If there is no problem the buyer can release the funds. If there is a problem the buyer can contact Ophion Representative if used. If Ophion Representative was not used the buy will have to contact the third key holder and explain the issues, this key holder can cancel the trade or release the funds.

The Seller and Buyer both have Pseudonyms or Nicknames, This is not anonymous, but you could register with MickyMouse1501 and no-one would know who you actually are. However like other markets out there, there is always an element of risk.

I hope this answers your question.

❰❰ OPHION ❱❱▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨ A SECURE, ANONYMOUS & DECENTRALIZED MARKET ▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨❰❰ OPHION ❱❱
TRADE GOODS OR SERVICES ■NO LOGGING - AT ALL■ 2 OF 3 MULTISIG AUTOMATION ■SELLER/BUYER RATING SYSTEM■ AND MANY MORE
BitFomo

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 02:11:33 AM

I like the idea.

Do you offer any translation bounties?
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 02:21:45 AM

I like the idea.

Do you offer any translation bounties?

Once ICO starts we may start offering translation bounties for the post, whitepaper, etc.

BitFomo

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 02:26:44 AM

Can you provide more details about the structure? ie. How will coin holders benefit from holding this coin, when the market will use bitcoin? Is there a profit share from fees?
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 02:39:14 AM

May I know why AES is used? With quantum computers and implementation of Shor's getting better, wouldnt it be better to use post-quantum crypto? It would offer you the biggest edge over bitcoins , although sha256 is still pretty resistant to shor

Luckily the lucky 13 attack has been patched by OpenSSL recently

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 02:40:56 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2016, 05:06:15 AM by Hazelnutter

Can you provide more details about the structure? ie. How will coin holders benefit from holding this coin, when the market will use bitcoin? Is there a profit share from fees?

Hi BitFomo,

We will be utilizing OPH Assets instead of Bitcoin directly, We have chosen this for a specific purpose. Security and Anonymity.

Using OPH for payment will add an extra payment protection layer underneath Bitcoin which will increase the difficulty of tracing if not make it near impossible. The current Bitcoin system requires mixing to be nearly anonymous and that still is not guaranteed with taint analysis, this is already done with an asset based system especially when you can withdraw to Bitcoin via an exchange and then re-purchase.

We are hoping to be on exchanges shortly after release. Especially as this is a new technology if there is lots of interest you may see it on popular exchanges sooner than later.

Edit: I noticed another part of your question I have yet to answer.

During initial crowdsale we will be selling OPH Asset at a cheaper price than its prospective value when the network launches. Holding onto the OPH Asset you buy during the initial weeks of crowdsale will benefit you if you decide to sell on after crowdsale ends.

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 02:46:38 AM

May I know why AES is used? With quantum computers and implementation of Shor's getting better, wouldnt it be better to use post-quantum crypto? It would offer you the biggest edge over bitcoins , although sha256 is still pretty resistant to shor

Hi Quartx,

We have looked into many algorithms for this project and weighing up the pros and cons. We wanted an algorithm that would not slow the network down when loading public viewable products for sale, not too much anyway. We have gone for what we decided what a practical solution rather than something that was overkill or could compromise practicality of the network.

Our main aim is to keep our clients data and transactions safe and if there comes a point where this is no longer possible, then Ophion 2.0 will be released.

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 09:00:09 AM

Update:

Hi All,

We now have an official twitter and slack channel, feel free to join to ask questions and join the community spirit. You will need to get a slack channel invite first before you can join, The link is below.

Official Twitter
Official Slack Channel
Get Slack Channel Invite

Regards,

Sebastian

Jazzycrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:04:12 AM

is there planned any reward for ICO promotion like twitter/FB/sign?
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:08:33 AM

Any bounties?
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 11:04:46 AM

is there planned any reward for ICO promotion like twitter/FB/sign?

Jazzyscript,

We plan on doing a signature campaign after we get the ICO Started and some funds start coming in. We want Ophion to be as successful as possible and that's determined by the amount of users we have and followers we have obtained.

Any bounties?

Cryptoheadd,

Once ICO starts we may start offering translation bounties for the post, whitepaper, etc. This question was answered above, hope this is sufficient.

Hunterwolfie

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:58:14 PM

So this willl be the next Drugs R Us Marketplace.

How many OPHIONS(OPH) will 1 gram of charlie cost?

That is the question.

Might want to load up on OPHIONS (OPH) then, where do I sign up?
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 03:14:17 PM

That is the question.

I think you misunderstand the meaning of anonymity and the meaning behind Ophion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymity

Just because you can be anonymous does not mean you need to partake in illegal activities. We do not condone any illegal activity on Ophion, these illegal activities that are not placed under hidden shops will be taken down without question. If Ophion representatives are able to see it and it's illegal then it will be taken down, but we can't do anything about hidden shops.

batysta

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:32:36 PM

I liked. I'll keep one eye in it.
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:38:41 PM

That is the question.

I think you misunderstand the meaning of anonymity and the meaning behind Ophion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymity

Just because you can be anonymous does not mean you need to partake in illegal activities. We do not condone any illegal activity on Ophion, these illegal activities that are not placed under hidden shops will be taken down without question. If Ophion representatives are able to see it and it's illegal then it will be taken down, but we can't do anything about hidden shops.

1. You are explicitly implying that illegal activities will occur in the hidden shops.

2. Aren't you worried about potential legal implications since you have openly revealed your identity, if it is indeed you?

Just curious.

I will be following with interest.
MEDVEDja

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:41:57 PM

ICO and dev Jr.Member Angry , maybe we need Bittrex ICO Huh  

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 03:47:56 PM

1. You are explicitly implying that illegal activities will occur in the hidden shops.

2. Aren't you worried about potential legal implications since you have openly revealed your identity, if it is indeed you?

Just curious.

I will be following with interest.

Sorry if you misunderstood what I said but I explained that Ophion Representatives will not be able to see what happens in hidden shops, we do not condone illegal activities but we have no way of managing what goes on in these hidden shops.

I'm not worried about any legal implications because of the simple fact that we don't condone those activities. Yet, it is not our fault that we can't do anything about them if they are done in hidden shops.

Think about it theoretically, if a doctor prescribed you some medication and you sold it, would the doctor be at fault? Even though he didn't know that's what you'd do? No.

I hope this clears things up here.

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 03:53:39 PM

ICO and dev Jr.Member Angry , maybe we need Bittrex ICO Huh  

This project has been in planning for about two months already and we need the funds for continual development and future advertising to raise awareness and knowledge of Ophion's presence in the Crypto community. We have a whitepaper that explains all about the project, if you'd like more information feel free to contact us at support@ophion.io or message me on BCT or simply reply in this thread.

Ref link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1408773

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: