Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:00:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒ Syscoin -Blockchain Scalability, Trustless Interoperability for ERC20 projects  (Read 501974 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:57:37 AM

I've been really enjoying how well made this market is. Will you be pushing marketing on it to get wide adoption soon?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 03:51:51 PM

Tell me, what is this release?

https://twitter.com/syscoin/status/956970676514107392

This Blockmarket Web 1.0 & Desktop 1.c, which was marked in your road map? If not, how important is this release and will it be by the end of January?

This is ground-breaking technology; roadmaps can be flexible, which is why we set our targets as quarterly targets and not dates. However, we do our best to meet our those quarterly targets as best as we can.

The picture you are referencing clearly shows Quarterly targets and not specific dates. Q1= January to March, Q2= April to June, Q3= July to September, Q4 = October to December.

Our last release was Blockmarket Desktop 1.2 with payment processors, meeting our quarterly target.

According to our target, we also completed the first round of Beta testing for Syscoin 2.2 (with masternode implementation) https://medium.com/@BlockchainFoundry/syscoin-2-2-beta-1-with-masternodes-e2d370c40b59.

Now our community is testing Syscoin 2.2 with assets implementation (in addition to the masternode implementation). Assets are an important part of 2.2 and needs to be thoroughly tested and updated according to those results. The Syscoin API 2.0 is dependent on the Syscoin 2.2 release, Blockmarket Web is dependent on the Syscoin API 2.0 release.

Many of our releases are dependent on community testing. If you would like to contribute to the current beta-testing, you can join our #beta-testing channel on our Slack; please DM me your e-mail address and I'll send you an invite to our Slack.

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 04:15:16 PM

You guys must run a very lean company to be able to survive on such little fees!

Or how about somebody who has been screwed by Paypal and refuses to work with them on ethical principles?

This sounds like you're describing me. I've had so many problems with Paypal, people reversing payment on me after sending them very expensive products, and Paypal does nothing about it. On my most recent business they just decided they didn't want to be associated with it even though it was perfectly legal and closed my account down and locked my funds for months.

Exactly.. a decentralized policy is a paradaigm shift over central policy makers. Ive had similar issues. Depends on which way wind blows.

This kind of stuff is exactly what makes me excited for the future. Decentralized platforms are going to be for the good of all, instead of prioritizing benefiting the few people that managed to come up with the idea first.

Pretty much everyone who uses Paypal to receive payment has been on the wrong end of a support ruling there - they treat buyers better than sellers,  because they know sellers have no choice to suck it up. Furthermore, Paypal is owned by Ebay, making Ebay/Paypal a giant monopoly with very little real competition. The exorbitant Ebay/PP fees get pulled directly, right out of the vendors account, "no payment necessary" (and vendors had no choice but to suck up these new payment terms or get banned). They're getting to be almost as bad as Comcast in the customer service department as well. Often these characteristics (monopoly, poor service, high fees) are perfect indicators of a dinosaur corporation that needs to suddenly become extinct. There is a long way to technical mastery of running a market decentrally, and consumer adoption will certainly take time. But looking at the Blockmarket product offerings, I'd say it's not THAT far away.

Of course there will also be problems in decentralized markets, with scamming vendors and/or frozen escrows. However it appears that these problems are mitigated by reputation systems and the occasional iron fisted banhammer on a vendor. Scamming buyers is less of a problem, as the losses are limited. Generally, the wholesale/retail wall is broken down, leading to better prices for buyers and sellers!

Finally, using cryptos to pay for goods on a decentralized market should in theory be safer than using a credit card, because there is no "shared secret" requirement. No more giving somebody you don't know your credit card number!

Agreed, eBay, Paypal, Amazon, Alibaba all have huge monopolies respectively. We've had tons of merchants really excited by our upcoming Blockmarket Web release.

Many have tried and abandoned the idea of selling online due to the huge cuts that these companies take. Currently, only large merchants are benefited from those models, those can affort the cut taken and can buy in bulk at much lower prices. It is a system that truly only benefits the already wealthy.

Blockmarket Web will open the commerce door to almost everyone in the world.

Approximately 4.93 Billion people will be cellphone users in 2018 (up from 4.77 Billion in 2017): https://www.statista.com/statistics/274774/forecast-of-mobile-phone-users-worldwide/ , which means almost 100% has access to use a one device could be shared by a few people.

Less than half of the world, however, has access to a bank account. Most of the world is "unbanked" and even then banks are highly restrictrictive on how you can do business, and they charge expensive fees such as wire-transfers & withdrawals, restrict which countries you can do business with, etc.

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 04:26:23 PM

You guys must run a very lean company to be able to survive on such little fees!

Or how about somebody who has been screwed by Paypal and refuses to work with them on ethical principles?

This sounds like you're describing me. I've had so many problems with Paypal, people reversing payment on me after sending them very expensive products, and Paypal does nothing about it. On my most recent business they just decided they didn't want to be associated with it even though it was perfectly legal and closed my account down and locked my funds for months.

Indeed, that happened to me years ago as well, which was the initial fuel to my commitment to this project.

Wronging people like that is a great way to motivate someone to move mountains.

Agreed Smiley I wouldn't be where I am if that wasn't the case!

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 04:32:29 PM

Exactly.. a decentralized policy is a paradaigm shift over central policy makers. Ive had similar issues. Depends on which way wind blows.

This kind of stuff is exactly what makes me excited for the future. Decentralized platforms are going to be for the good of all, instead of prioritizing benefiting the few people that managed to come up with the idea first.

Pretty much everyone who uses Paypal to receive payment has been on the wrong end of a support ruling there - they treat buyers better than sellers,  because they know sellers have no choice to suck it up. Furthermore, Paypal is owned by Ebay, making Ebay/Paypal a giant monopoly with very little real competition. The exorbitant Ebay/PP fees get pulled directly, right out of the vendors account, "no payment necessary" (and vendors had no choice but to suck up these new payment terms or get banned). They're getting to be almost as bad as Comcast in the customer service department as well. Often these characteristics (monopoly, poor service, high fees) are perfect indicators of a dinosaur corporation that needs to suddenly become extinct. There is a long way to technical mastery of running a market decentrally, and consumer adoption will certainly take time. But looking at the Blockmarket product offerings, I'd say it's not THAT far away.

Of course there will also be problems in decentralized markets, with scamming vendors and/or frozen escrows. However it appears that these problems are mitigated by reputation systems and the occasional iron fisted banhammer on a vendor. Scamming buyers is less of a problem, as the losses are limited. Generally, the wholesale/retail wall is broken down, leading to better prices for buyers and sellers!

Finally, using cryptos to pay for goods on a decentralized market should in theory be safer than using a credit card, because there is no "shared secret" requirement. No more giving somebody you don't know your credit card number!

Great points overall, but I think one thing you should know is that Paypal and Ebay split a while back. I think Paypal saw Ebay as a sinking ship, but the lifeboat they're in now is about to hit turbulent waters caused by the tempest that is cryptocurrency!

They did technically split, however, you still need to use paypal for purchases and to cash out(whether with a paypal login or with their "secure" checkout that is also provided by Paypal). I may be wrong though as I haven't tried to use them for the last couple of years.

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 04:41:50 PM

I've been really enjoying how well made this market is. Will you be pushing marketing on it to get wide adoption soon?

Absolutely, we always have marketing pushes (which you may not always be aware of as we sometimes target specific regions/populations), however, we are waiting until it is easy-to-use for all, which is why Blockmarket Web is so important.

Although Blockmarket is arguably the most advanced Blockchain software available to use today, Blockmarket Desktop currently has many troubleshooting requests due to requiring Software (antivirus misdiagnosis, installation issues, etc), Syncing (people do not realize that all wallets that you control need to sync); all very common issues that all crypto wallets have. If we push marketing to the common population now, those who catch the bait will leave and never come back as soon as they run into issues.

Blockmarket Web will remove the requirement to download software (all you will need is a web browser from a phone or computer; not dependent on operating system or specific software), you will also no longer need to wait to be synced as the node you log into will already be synced, resolving most troubleshooting issues.

celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:22:01 PM

Absolutely, we always have marketing pushes (which you may not always be aware of as we sometimes target specific regions/populations), however, we are waiting until it is easy-to-use for all, which is why Blockmarket Web is so important.

Although Blockmarket is arguably the most advanced Blockchain software available to use today, Blockmarket Desktop currently has many troubleshooting requests due to requiring Software (antivirus misdiagnosis, installation issues, etc), Syncing (people do not realize that all wallets that you control need to sync); all very common issues that all crypto wallets have. If we push marketing to the common population now, those who catch the bait will leave and never come back as soon as they run into issues.

Blockmarket Web will remove the requirement to download software (all you will need is a web browser from a phone or computer; not dependent on operating system or specific software), you will also no longer need to wait to be synced as the node you log into will already be synced, resolving most troubleshooting issues.

I like the idea of Blockmarket Web. It seems to alleviate many of the issues Blockmarket Desktop has. Are you planning to improve Blockmarket Desktop or just steer away from it?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Crypto_Man1212

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:43:48 PM

Cool, thanks for the reply!
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:06:49 PM

I like the idea of Blockmarket Web. It seems to alleviate many of the issues Blockmarket Desktop has. Are you planning to improve Blockmarket Desktop or just steer away from it?

We are continually improving Blockmarket Desktop as it is the basis for Blockmarket Web, everything and more will be ported-over to Web.

earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:14:55 PM

Do you have any plans to work with big retailers like Amazon?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:02:45 PM

Cool, thanks for the reply!

My pleasure! And thanks for your support!

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:09:00 PM

Do you have any plans to work with big retailers like Amazon?

We certainly have plans to have retailers on-board and have been actively working with merchants to do so:

https://medium.com/@BlockchainFoundry/merchant-pilot-program-update-7479fe451639

We really are not able to discuss specific partnerships under NDAs (Non-Disclosure Agreements) but you will certainly find out about up-coming partnerships when both parties agree to go public with the information. Keep an eye on our communications!

zeoflavius

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:21:20 PM

I looked through your wallet Blockmarket. An excellent application for storing coins, which does not require downloading the entire Blockchain if I understand correctly. Tell me how to make a backup copy of my wallet correctly.
Angel Di

Merit: 251

EVOS

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:32:54 PM

Syscooin is still undervalued coin but this is best investment for long term this market still has big potential to grow more strong. I think very soon it will get more big investors dev is working really amazing.
Yes, I tend to agree with your opinion. This coin is really strong undervalued and has great potential for growth. But large investors probably need a slightly lower price, they will be very much to buy.
zeoflavius

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:26:42 PM

Syscooin is still undervalued coin but this is best investment for long term this market still has big potential to grow more strong. I think very soon it will get more big investors dev is working really amazing.
Yes, I tend to agree with your opinion. This coin is really strong undervalued and has great potential for growth. But large investors probably need a slightly lower price, they will be very much to buy.

Here I can agree with you, now many have estimated the potential of the project and are ready to buy a lot. The question is whether the correction of the price with such great interest in the project.
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:50:43 PM

Do you have any potential features that you've discussed that could make it into a future version?
Hakamoto

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:20:46 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 06:10:57 PM by Hakamoto

I am sure that SYSCoin has a great future! Where can I buy tokens after the end of ICO?
when and on which exchanges can I buy a token?

okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:52:03 PM

I noticed that while everything in the market seemed to be going down, syscoin did not. What do you think is the cause of that?
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:57:04 PM

I noticed that while everything in the market seemed to be going down, syscoin did not. What do you think is the cause of that?

In my opinion, I think it comes down to actually having a useful product. Much like how while everything else plummeted during the recession in 2009, Dollar Tree in the US was soaring. Even during hard times, there are certain things people are willing to spend money on, especially if it can save or make them more money, like I think Syscoin's market can.
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:54:27 PM

I looked through your wallet Blockmarket. An excellent application for storing coins, which does not require downloading the entire Blockchain if I understand correctly. Tell me how to make a backup copy of my wallet correctly.

Blockmarket Desktop does require to download the blockchain just like all other full wallets, Blockmarket Web, however, will not require syncing of the blockchain as the nodes you log into will already be synced.

Your wallet.dat is located at the following locations on your PC or Mac, encrypting it with the application is best to secure the wallet and then store it somewhere safe and secure(make sure that the computer you created it with is secure as well).

PC:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Syscoin\

Mac:

/Users/[USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/Syscoin/

Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: