Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:46:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒ Syscoin -Blockchain Scalability, Trustless Interoperability for ERC20 projects  (Read 501974 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 05:02:39 PM

Syscoin is still undervalued coin but this is best investment for long term this market still has big potential to grow more strong. I think very soon it will get more big investors dev is working really amazing.

Thanks, we appreciate your support and the fact that you share our vision!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:35:19 PM

I'm very bullish on this coin and the dev team. I saw a rumor that Blockchain Foundry wants to IPO?!

I'm still not sure if I grasp the concept of Blockmarket web - is the idea that only a SYS daemon is needed and the vendors and users use the BM web portal to administer?  Without a Blockmarket Linux distribution running a server seems impractical/insecure.

Also I understand that everything is moving at light speed in this space, so I'm not demanding anything, just curious. Thanks.

Yes absolutely, we(Blockchain Foundry Inc) are working on going IPO in Canada very soon.

Anyone can already setup their own version of Blockmarket using the Syscoin API that we have developed to make it easier to integrate Syscoin's features into their own software.

Everything you see in Blockmarket Destop(and more) will be ported over to Blockmarket Web using the power of Masternodes as a hosting service.

Blockmarket Web: Pro Edition: Will allow you to run your own virtual mall on the Syscoin network and earn revenue from merchants; Shopify for the blockchain

Building on Blockmarket Web, the pro edition allows for multi-merchant marketplaces run by operators. Think of it as a virtual mall on the Syscoin blockchain. Mall operators don't have to sell any items themselves but provide the hosted space where other merchants can easily sign up, buy Syscoin, customize their space, and list their items while paying the operator a small fee maintaining the front end. With Blockmarket Web: Pro Edition you can run your own Shopify-like offering secured and powered by the blockchain!

We certainly understand the need for Linux versions and will eventually be working on it on a priority-basis.

That's awesome people can setup their own markets using your API. Do you collect fee's from theirs markets?

Also, how much are the fees on Blockmarket?

Less than 0.04 cents to get started:

A transaction costs 0.017 SYS (less than 2 cents)

-It will cost you one transaction to create an Alias (this is your "identity" or "store name"). Your identity will last for one year unless you pay much more for it to last longer (this is done to prevent name squatting such as is currently done with Domain Names).

-It will cost you another 0.017 SYS to list an item on Blockmarket which will also last 1 year.

That's incredibly cheap. There's not a fee when someone purchases from a listing?

All transactions technically cost a mining fee (like any Bitcoin-based protocol), however purchasing is really a dust amount (a few sys-toshis), it varies but it is around 0.00000861 SYS.

You guys must run a very lean company to be able to survive on such little fees!
joblessminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:12:06 PM

this thing with the MN sounds great.
Problem is, it is damned expensive.
i started to collect syscoins but i am very far away from a MN.
SO i let others do this and HODL my coins.
 Grin Grin Grin

maybe there will be a service to buy shares of a masternode. for dash its possible to buy a share of a masternode, cuz in the meantime its too expensive to buy a whole one !

Yes, V2 of masternodes will have a system that allows holders to pool their efforts to run a masternodes, reducing the barrier-of-entry to contribute to the network considerably.

That sounds great. Adds stability to your network, lets people get in and stay devoted, increases the pool of SYS sitting and dedicated. It's a win-win-win.
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:26:56 PM

I'm very bullish on this coin and the dev team. I saw a rumor that Blockchain Foundry wants to IPO?!

I'm still not sure if I grasp the concept of Blockmarket web - is the idea that only a SYS daemon is needed and the vendors and users use the BM web portal to administer?  Without a Blockmarket Linux distribution running a server seems impractical/insecure.

Also I understand that everything is moving at light speed in this space, so I'm not demanding anything, just curious. Thanks.

Yes absolutely, we(Blockchain Foundry Inc) are working on going IPO in Canada very soon.

Anyone can already setup their own version of Blockmarket using the Syscoin API that we have developed to make it easier to integrate Syscoin's features into their own software.

Everything you see in Blockmarket Destop(and more) will be ported over to Blockmarket Web using the power of Masternodes as a hosting service.

Blockmarket Web: Pro Edition: Will allow you to run your own virtual mall on the Syscoin network and earn revenue from merchants; Shopify for the blockchain

Building on Blockmarket Web, the pro edition allows for multi-merchant marketplaces run by operators. Think of it as a virtual mall on the Syscoin blockchain. Mall operators don't have to sell any items themselves but provide the hosted space where other merchants can easily sign up, buy Syscoin, customize their space, and list their items while paying the operator a small fee maintaining the front end. With Blockmarket Web: Pro Edition you can run your own Shopify-like offering secured and powered by the blockchain!

We certainly understand the need for Linux versions and will eventually be working on it on a priority-basis.

That's awesome people can setup their own markets using your API. Do you collect fee's from theirs markets?

-It will cost you one transaction to create an Alias (this is your "identity" or "store name"). Your identity will last for one year unless you pay much more for it to last longer (this is done to prevent name squatting such as is currently done with Domain Names).

-It will cost you another 0.017 SYS to list an item on Blockmarket which will also last 1 year.

That's incredibly cheap. There's not a fee when someone purchases from a listing?

All transactions technically cost a mining fee (like any Bitcoin-based protocol), however purchasing is really a dust amount (a few sys-toshis), it varies but it is around 0.00000861 SYS.

You guys must run a very lean company to be able to survive on such little fees!

Smiley Actually, we don't make money from those fees at all, Blockchain Foundry's revenue comes from B2B consultation/development services that we offer to corporations that want to harness the power of the blockchain. Blockmarket is indeed also used as a proof-of-concept to show our clients and partners how the blockchain can be used for world-use.

GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:00:37 PM

Smiley Actually, we don't make money from those fees at all, Blockchain Foundry's revenue comes from B2B consultation/development services that we offer to corporations that want to harness the power of the blockchain. Blockmarket is indeed also used as a proof-of-concept to show our clients and partners how the blockchain can be used for world-use.

The more I find out about you guys the more I'm blown away.
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:33:01 PM

this thing with the MN sounds great.
Problem is, it is damned expensive.
i started to collect syscoins but i am very far away from a MN.
SO i let others do this and HODL my coins.
 Grin Grin Grin

maybe there will be a service to buy shares of a masternode. for dash its possible to buy a share of a masternode, cuz in the meantime its too expensive to buy a whole one !

Yes, V2 of masternodes will have a system that allows holders to pool their efforts to run a masternodes, reducing the barrier-of-entry to contribute to the network considerably.

That sounds great. Adds stability to your network, lets people get in and stay devoted, increases the pool of SYS sitting and dedicated. It's a win-win-win.

Indeed! That's our train of thought, network stability has always been a top-priority for us.

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 01:42:04 AM

The more I find out about you guys the more I'm blown away.

Thanks! we appreciate your interest and support.

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:11:29 AM

ATTENTION BETA-TESTERS

Syscoin Testnet 5 is released!

It includes Z-Dag and Assets. Beta Testers need to upgrade visit our Slack channel for upgrade info.

New testers welcome on the #beta-testing Syscoin Slack Channel!

If you would like an invite to the Syscoin Slack, send me a PM with your e-mail address.

classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:51:34 AM
Merited by sebastien1234 (1)

Well they also got $3 million in investment... and furthermore the fees are paid in their own coin - all the devs and investors already have plenty of those.

Right now Blockchain Foundry is most likely seeking to create a network effect with their product - this is what will give it value quickly. Which shouldn't be that hard, given that there aren't too many competitors in the space. And the concept just "makes sense".

Think about anyone who can't sell their item on Ebay right now, who is not able to do the darknet business - this market would take them maybe a day to set up and a week to become profitable. If the coin appreciates noticeably (as one would expect with a rapidly growing userbase), they could be a millionaire by year's end...

Or how about somebody who has been screwed by Paypal and refuses to work with them on ethical principles? Or someone living in a country that is cut off from banking/Paypal/Ebay? Or someone whose product has become unprofitable to sell due to tariffs or very high taxes? There are so many use cases, and in all of them the key is "disintermediation" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disintermediation). This is what has created the majority of economic growth in the world over the past 5 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformation_in_economics#Self-service,_disintermediation_and_customization

Because there is no new productive sector to emerge, the economy seeks to reinstate its new balance through these new modes of doing business. Producers and providers are outsourcing their production and services to customers and to technology. Outsourcing to customers is a natural and necessary self-organizing process, including disintermediation, customer integration and mass customization, all driven by the global productivity at the cusp of transformation.

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 09:58:52 PM

Well they also got $3 million in investment... and furthermore the fees are paid in their own coin - all the devs and investors already have plenty of those.

Right now Blockchain Foundry is most likely seeking to create a network effect with their product - this is what will give it value quickly. Which shouldn't be that hard, given that there aren't too many competitors in the space. And the concept just "makes sense".

Think about anyone who can't sell their item on Ebay right now, who is not able to do the darknet business - this market would take them maybe a day to set up and a week to become profitable. If the coin appreciates noticeably (as one would expect with a rapidly growing userbase), they could be a millionaire by year's end...

Or how about somebody who has been screwed by Paypal and refuses to work with them on ethical principles? Or someone living in a country that is cut off from banking/Paypal/Ebay? Or someone whose product has become unprofitable to sell due to tariffs or very high taxes? There are so many use cases, and in all of them the key is "disintermediation" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disintermediation). This is what has created the majority of economic growth in the world over the past 5 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformation_in_economics#Self-service,_disintermediation_and_customization

Because there is no new productive sector to emerge, the economy seeks to reinstate its new balance through these new modes of doing business. Producers and providers are outsourcing their production and services to customers and to technology. Outsourcing to customers is a natural and necessary self-organizing process, including disintermediation, customer integration and mass customization, all driven by the global productivity at the cusp of transformation.

This is great thanks! We love it when our community is as enthusiastic as we are about our project(s).

joblessminer

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:29:52 AM

Or how about somebody who has been screwed by Paypal and refuses to work with them on ethical principles?

This sounds like you're describing me. I've had so many problems with Paypal, people reversing payment on me after sending them very expensive products, and Paypal does nothing about it. On my most recent business they just decided they didn't want to be associated with it even though it was perfectly legal and closed my account down and locked my funds for months.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:21:45 AM

Or how about somebody who has been screwed by Paypal and refuses to work with them on ethical principles?

This sounds like you're describing me. I've had so many problems with Paypal, people reversing payment on me after sending them very expensive products, and Paypal does nothing about it. On my most recent business they just decided they didn't want to be associated with it even though it was perfectly legal and closed my account down and locked my funds for months.

Exactly.. a decentralized policy is a paradaigm shift over central policy makers. Ive had similar issues. Depends on which way wind blows.
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:12:15 AM

Exactly.. a decentralized policy is a paradaigm shift over central policy makers. Ive had similar issues. Depends on which way wind blows.

This kind of stuff is exactly what makes me excited for the future. Decentralized platforms are going to be for the good of all, instead of prioritizing benefiting the few people that managed to come up with the idea first.
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 04:30:41 AM

Indeed, that happened to me years ago as well, which was the initial fuel to my commitment to this project.

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 04:32:42 AM

This kind of stuff is exactly what makes me excited for the future. Decentralized platforms are going to be for the good of all, instead of prioritizing benefiting the few people that managed to come up with the idea first.

Indeed, and that's why we've created Blockmarket Destop/Web and have/will deploy it free of charge for everyone (other than miner fees of course but that doesn't go into our pocket).

classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:40:15 AM

Pretty much everyone who uses Paypal to receive payment has been on the wrong end of a support ruling there - they treat buyers better than sellers,  because they know sellers have no choice to suck it up. Furthermore, Paypal is owned by Ebay, making Ebay/Paypal a giant monopoly with very little real competition. The exorbitant Ebay/PP fees get pulled directly, right out of the vendors account, "no payment necessary" (and vendors had no choice but to suck up these new payment terms or get banned). They're getting to be almost as bad as Comcast in the customer service department as well. Often these characteristics (monopoly, poor service, high fees) are perfect indicators of a dinosaur corporation that needs to suddenly become extinct. There is a long way to technical mastery of running a market decentrally, and consumer adoption will certainly take time. But looking at the Blockmarket product offerings, I'd say it's not THAT far away.

Of course there will also be problems in decentralized markets, with scamming vendors and/or frozen escrows. However it appears that these problems are mitigated by reputation systems and the occasional iron fisted banhammer on a vendor. Scamming buyers is less of a problem, as the losses are limited. Generally, the wholesale/retail wall is broken down, leading to better prices for buyers and sellers!

Finally, using cryptos to pay for goods on a decentralized market should in theory be safer than using a credit card, because there is no "shared secret" requirement. No more giving somebody you don't know your credit card number!
Provizor-071

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:02:28 PM

Tell me, what is this release?

https://twitter.com/syscoin/status/956970676514107392

This Blockmarket Web 1.0 & Desktop 1.c, which was marked in your road map? If not, how important is this release and will it be by the end of January?
johntradez

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:32:07 PM

Syscoin's website states that "[Digital] certificates can be used to store and transfer small documents on the Blockchain with optional encryption." Does this mean more complicated digital assets such as songs, apps, video games, movies, etc. cannot be traded on Blockmarket?
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:18:11 AM

Indeed, that happened to me years ago as well, which was the initial fuel to my commitment to this project.

Wronging people like that is a great way to motivate someone to move mountains.
joblessminer

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:45:36 AM

Pretty much everyone who uses Paypal to receive payment has been on the wrong end of a support ruling there - they treat buyers better than sellers,  because they know sellers have no choice to suck it up. Furthermore, Paypal is owned by Ebay, making Ebay/Paypal a giant monopoly with very little real competition. The exorbitant Ebay/PP fees get pulled directly, right out of the vendors account, "no payment necessary" (and vendors had no choice but to suck up these new payment terms or get banned). They're getting to be almost as bad as Comcast in the customer service department as well. Often these characteristics (monopoly, poor service, high fees) are perfect indicators of a dinosaur corporation that needs to suddenly become extinct. There is a long way to technical mastery of running a market decentrally, and consumer adoption will certainly take time. But looking at the Blockmarket product offerings, I'd say it's not THAT far away.

Of course there will also be problems in decentralized markets, with scamming vendors and/or frozen escrows. However it appears that these problems are mitigated by reputation systems and the occasional iron fisted banhammer on a vendor. Scamming buyers is less of a problem, as the losses are limited. Generally, the wholesale/retail wall is broken down, leading to better prices for buyers and sellers!

Finally, using cryptos to pay for goods on a decentralized market should in theory be safer than using a credit card, because there is no "shared secret" requirement. No more giving somebody you don't know your credit card number!

Great points overall, but I think one thing you should know is that Paypal and Ebay split a while back. I think Paypal saw Ebay as a sinking ship, but the lifeboat they're in now is about to hit turbulent waters caused by the tempest that is cryptocurrency!
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: