Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:18:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BXC][Bitcedi :: upto 106% Fixed deposit Interest with Encrypted Messaging]  (Read 80394 times)
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:52:25 PM

i kinda hate the cryptonote algo coins they are botnet friendly ....

How is that any different than other algo's getting raped by large mining farms?  I seriously doubt that anyone is going to setup a botnet to mine this coin.

Hi. my first post in the thread. FYI In the BitCedi IRC there was or still is a Chinese guy who mines on 30x 12 core Intel Xeon workstations, lulworm can confirm. He held or still holds the majority of the supply so far I suppose.

Risky ---- cause BitCedi is not worth anything for now.

I agree that it can be risky.  Especially when you advertise that fact and people learn that one individual holds such a large percentage of the coin.  Distribution is important especially in the beginning.  A distribution where one individual holds the majority of the coin makes it unattractive for new people to invest btc by purchasing on an exchange or time into mining.  Distributions like that can effectively kill a coin.  The thing about cryptonote is that there is no rich list or way to see how many coins any address holds.  One of the strengths of cryptonote is it's anonymity and the inability to track addresses and balances.  It is rather ignorant to broadcast the fact that you have such a large supply of the coin.  People outside of the "When Yobit"  "When Exchange" crowd that actually look at the specifics of a coin and not the fancy graphics or logo will be turned off knowing one individual holds so many coins.  Those are the kind of people that make a coin successful.  And it is now likely that many of those people won't give this coin a second look.        
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1107

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 05:21:00 PM

this coin is minable with gpu, so i don't think the current hash is governed by botnet

If you have the right CPUs, GPUs are a joke when it comes to CryptoNote.

This is simply not true. In terms of hash per watt, yes CPUs are probably a little bit better than nvidia GPUs, but you can only get one (or maybe two) CPUs per motherboard. You can stick six nvidia or AMD cards on a single motherboard (and hash with the CPU). So if you consider hashes per dollar cost of the system+power, I think a GPU system will win every time. Unless you have access to a shitload of free CPUs (botnet, company servers at night, etc.)
prettybuds

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 05:22:26 PM

why reinvent the wheel?

Because even if you wanted to, hands down you couldn't.

Lulworm this is 100% a DarkNote clone. There is absolutely nothing more than that.

Africa? Ok. Africa. I've been to Africa. Now what? I don't see where a DarkNote copy can help Africa.
prettybuds

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 05:23:19 PM

this coin is minable with gpu, so i don't think the current hash is governed by botnet

This is simply not true. In terms of hash per watt, yes CPUs are probably a little bit better than nvidia GPUs, but you can only get one (or maybe two) CPUs per motherboard. You can stick six nvidia or AMD cards on a single motherboard (and hash with the CPU). So if you consider hashes per dollar cost of the system+power, I think a GPU system will win every time. Unless you have access to a shitload of free CPUs (botnet, company servers at night, etc.)

Thanks for your explanation - I might be wrong. Are you sure about that?
Server workstations with bleeding edge 12 core CPUs? Few of these in a row and any GPU can head home when mining the cryptonote algo, no?

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 06:11:36 PM

Thanks for your explanation - I might be wrong. Are you sure about that?
Server workstations with bleeding edge 12 core CPUs? Few of these in a row and any GPU can head home when mining the cryptonote algo, no?

That's why I was saying considering hash/($ of initial system+power cost). A high end server CPU goes for $500-1000+, not including motherboard or per supply etc, and you will get ~1 kh/s per high end CPU, plus you need an expensive motherboard for every one or two chips. An R290 can get you 800+ h/s, almost as much, and you can run six of those on one motherboard and they go on eBay for $200. Or nvidia 750ti is about $100, is super low power, probably comparable efficiency in h/W to a Xeon, and you can run six on a single low cost motherboard with a 750 W PSU.

If you already have a bunch of hardware, then yea, it's I think comparable in terms of power efficiency between server CPUs and nvidia GPUs, buy if you are planning to acquire hardware for mining, I think GPUs make a lot more sense.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:29:59 PM

i kinda hate the cryptonote algo coins they are botnet friendly ....

How is that any different than other algo's getting raped by large mining farms?  I seriously doubt that anyone is going to setup a botnet to mine this coin.

Hi. my first post in the thread. FYI In the BitCedi IRC there was or still is a Chinese guy who mines on 30x 12 core Intel Xeon workstations, lulworm can confirm. He held or still holds the majority of the supply so far I suppose.

I doubt it. Look there are people who claim all sorts of things. Some are just kids making it up or pathological liars or whatever.  Or maybe a half-truth, like he has that many servers but they don't mine full time or aren't all mining this coin.

30x12 cores @ 50 h/sec/core would be about 18000 h/sec which is more than the entire network hash rate right now.

It is much the same with botnets. Making claims you know that no one can prove or disprove is easy, doesn't make it true.

Don't forget one of the reasons people try to shittalk a coin or tell scare stories about it is because they are mining it themselves and want to discourage you from doing so. I have seen that so many times it isn't even funny.

I have no idea if this coin is ever going to be worth anything, but that depends a lot more on the development and marketing plans and execution than scare stories about some Chinese superminer, botnets, etc.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:38:56 PM

i'm doing 450 hash with a single 970 and consumption is 100w, i doubt you can do better with an i7
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:40:56 PM

Lulworm this is 100% a DarkNote clone. There is absolutely nothing more than that.

The high interest makes it a bit more like a XDN+HODL hybrid than pure XDN (the latter has interest but it is so low as to be almost irrelevant). Also, the distribution is much slower than XDN, which was clearly a fastmine (50% of initial supply per month). This one is still fast, but much less so.

Africa? Ok. Africa. I've been to Africa. Now what? I don't see where a DarkNote copy can help Africa.

Valid point. I'm interested in seeing the plans for this.
prettybuds

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:36:12 PM

jwintern and smooth, thanks for correcting me.
dNote

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 11:32:59 PM

The high interest makes it a bit more like a XDN+HODL hybrid than pure XDN (the latter has interest but it is so low as to be almost irrelevant). Also, the distribution is much slower than XDN, which was clearly a fastmine (50% of initial supply per month). This one is still fast, but much less so.

Valid point. I'm interested in seeing the plans for this.

there is no single tech innovation here. i am very surprised with @smooth on this:
"The high interest makes it a bit more like a XDN+HODL hybrid than pure XDN"

Bitcedi is a complete DigitalNote copy/paste
(not fork, because was copy/pasted) with a few numbers change.

any way leaving this topic, before something new will be introduced here.

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 12:22:43 AM

there is no single tech innovation here. i am very surprised with @smooth on this:
"The high interest makes it a bit more like a XDN+HODL hybrid than pure XDN"

Was there something incorrect about what I wrote? Do you disagree that the XDN interest of "0.4 to 1.094% annual" is very low?

Many of us told you from that start that 50% per month was way too much of a fastmine. It was an okay experiment, and in theory I suppose it had non-zero probability to work out, but it mostly hasn't.

So it stands to reason that trying something else with better (?) numbers may be a good idea.

Then again I have no idea if this coin will work out any better, especially since as you say it doesn't appear to have any other advantages.
somacoin

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 12:23:59 AM

could it be that smooth is secretly envious of DarkNote about being what Monero would like to be? Shocked
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 12:41:00 AM

could it be that smooth is secretly envious of DarkNote about being what Monero would like to be? Shocked

Is it true?  Tongue
kkraus69

Activity: 177

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 01:14:18 AM

Is it true?  Tongue

lol
That is funny.

XDN is running smoothly and working out perfectly with the most innovation of any cryptonote contrary to smooth's rants. XDN can still be bought very cheaply and there is a lot for sale on three exchanges.

Good luck to Bitcedi.
Nik4691

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:45:27 AM

Maybe you're right... But you can mine Monero now, you can mine Bitcedi too, but you can't mine DarkNote.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 04:43:44 AM

Maybe you're right... But you can mine Monero now, you can mine Bitcedi too, but you can't mine DarkNote.

Well, I mean, you can mine digitaldarkducknote, but it's probably not worth it unless you're planning to do some 51% attack or something (which you could do with about 10-20 GPUs at the moment Cheesy )
Nik4691

Activity: 352

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:14:07 AM

Well, I mean, you can mine digitaldarkducknote, but it's probably not worth it ...
I respect duckNote, it is one of the most developed coins out there. But from the mining perspective, the fun was over too soon.
If the emission curve is the only thing that differentiates Bitcedi from XDN let it be. I like it.
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:17:24 AM

http://185.106.122.31/bitcedi/#

The pool stats are a bit messed up. At time of writing this, the stats show the pool has a higher hashrate than the entire network. The block found stat is also confused, with the pool finding a block a minute ago, the network found a block 3 minutes ago
intec

Activity: 265

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:48:12 AM

http://185.106.122.31/bitcedi/#

The pool stats are a bit messed up. At time of writing this, the stats show the pool has a higher hashrate than the entire network. The block found stat is also confused, with the pool finding a block a minute ago, the network found a block 3 minutes ago

Everything is working just fine, the network is adjusting to the real "network hashrate" also blocks can be found by solo miners or private pools.

"with the pool finding a block a minute ago, the network found a block 3 minutes ago" this is also a common issue with most pools however everything is working properly.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:05:29 AM

i can not find any guide out there to use for mining with gpu in solo, is this even possible with cryptonote?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: