Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:45:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ANC] Anoncoin (anoncoin.net) | Privacy-centric currency | I2P darknet  (Read 40504 times)
Cryptoslave (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:23:20 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2016, 07:20:53 PM by Cryptoslave

I think the fact that Cryptopia doesn't simply compile untrusted code rather makes them different from Cryptsy. Wasn't it malicious code injected by some coin (lucky7coin or so) that brought Cryptsy down in the first place..?

Supposedly, but I think it's widely believed that Vern just took the money and ran (to China), and the lucky7 exploit thing was just an excuse/ruse.

Re: Cryptopia, they didn't open an issue on GitHub, and I'm assuming they didn't ask for help on irc. If you come to the land of trolls asking for help at the last minute, don't be surprised if you get trolled.

The libraries downloaded by the toolchain are public and open source.

Those very same libraries (boost, openssl, qrencode, qt, berkeley-db, miniupnc,...) are used by many altcoin and Bitcoin. For more info Building headless Bitcoin and Bitcoin-qt on Windows. Compare the libraries with for instance https://gist.github.com/kostaz/19729e6d53adc5d1606c

BTW the OSX DMG Build was added today https://anoncoin.net/downloads/0.9.6.11/Anoncoin-0.9.6.11.dmg Checksum: MD5 40FFC15255518EC30D6678EA3469C313 SHA-1 0C4E8F229EE09F8F1CDD8F500496F510A21A8A0A

I have updated a procedure for building anoncoind, anoncoin-cli and anoncoin-qtc without the toolchain on Ubuntu and Debian, for people who need it. Also good to check the Bitcoin guide https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

Code:
If you want to build anoncoind and anoncoin-cli without using the toolchain.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install g++ git automake
sudo apt-get install autoconf make libtool pkg-config libqt4-network libqtgui4

After the dependencies got installed, download anoncoin and configure the building process.

cd
git clone https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin.git
cd anoncoin
./autogen.sh
./configure

If you encounter any error.

sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev git libdb++-dev libssl-dev

If you encounter configure: error: libdb_cxx headers missing.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev

Now launch the configure again.

./configure

If you want to compile the GUI (anoncoin-qtc). After "make", anoncoin-qtc will be found in src/qt/.

sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler
./configure --with-gui=qt4

Now after a succesful configure ending, launch the build.

make -j`nproc`

You now have built src/anoncoind, src/anoncoin-cli and maybe src/qt/anoncoin-qtc.

The executables are quite big because they are built with GCC and you can strip the debug symbols, which reduces the executable size by about 90%.

strip src/anoncoind
strip src/anoncoin-cli
strip src/qt/anoncoin-qtc

Setup of first run in command line.

Code:
Anoncoind and anoncoin-cli will have been created in anoncoin/src folder. To run it the first time, with no previous datadir (if it exists from a previous version please remove everything in ~/.anoncoin but not wallet.dat).

mkdir ~/.anoncoin
cp doc/anoncoin.conf.sample ~/.anoncoin/anoncoin.conf
nano ~/.anoncoin/anoncoin.conf

In anoncoin.conf, change rpcuser, rpcpassword

For clearnet-only comment onlynet=i2p and in i2p.options set enabled=0

For I2P-only uncomment onlynet=i2p and in i2p.options set enabled=1

For I2P and clearnet (mixed mode) comment onlynet=i2p and in i2p.options set enabled=1

For I2P router configuration and settings check https://wiki.anoncoin.net/How_to_setup_your_Anoncoin_wallet#Using_the_command_line_to_generate_a_random_anoncoin_address_and_run_anoncoind_with_I2P

Execute anoncoind and anoncoin-cli

src/anoncoind
src/anoncoin-cli getinfo
src/anoncoin-cli getchaintips

tomothy

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:09:16 PM

Thanks for the hard work cryptoslave. The name seems especially fitting with all the work you've been putting out. Thanks.
Cryptoslave (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:10:42 PM

Thanks for the hard work cryptoslave. The name seems especially fitting with all the work you've been putting out. Thanks.

Thank you tomothy, yep hence the name Wink

So I have received confirmation from BTC38, cryptopia and exchanged.i2p: they are all on the good version (0.9.6.11) Smiley

Cryptoslave (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 11:05:22 PM

Only vircurex to go... They're slow, let's see if they update or drop ANC

I contacted them for the second time.... we will see if they answer.

Hardfork is in 4 days! Please update your wallets everybody! All people on 0.8.5.6 will be disconnected soon from the correct blockchain (0.9.6.11)!

Thanks

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 03:49:10 PM

I think the fact that Cryptopia doesn't simply compile untrusted code rather makes them different from Cryptsy. Wasn't it malicious code injected by some coin (lucky7coin or so) that brought Cryptsy down in the first place..?

Supposedly, but I think it's widely believed that Vern just took the money and ran (to China), and the lucky7 exploit thing was just an excuse/ruse.

Re: Cryptopia, they didn't open an issue on GitHub, and I'm assuming they didn't ask for help on irc. If you come to the land of trolls asking for help at the last minute, don't be surprised if you get trolled.
bump

Sallah says he's now come to the same conclusion Silver has reached about Big Vern's story.

"You do the math," Sallah says. "If you think someone hacked in, why would he have written that kind of confessional letter, posted it, and moved to China?... If it's not corporate looting, it's at least extreme corporate malfeasance."

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
himikk

Activity: 220
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 03:41:28 PM

ANC added to hash-to-coins.com
Cryptoslave (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:18:11 PM

ANC added to hash-to-coins.com

Pool added!

All miners shall take note that prohashing.com and multipool.us are on the incorrect chain so please use another pool!

CS

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 07:18:32 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2016, 07:33:08 PM by K1773R

vircurex.com also trades ANC and you have to inform them about the wallet upgrade. I have been trading lots of ANC over there and so far I have not had any problems with deposits or withdrawals

Only vircurex to go... They're slow, let's see if they update or drop ANC

vircurex is run by the known scammer kumala, AVOID or lose your coins.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
HPt

Activity: 70
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 02:49:09 PM

Did the blockchain fork after the hard fork?
My transfer of 9.9 ANC from AMXraoVxaBvkiwWHbYRkQW7nmo6vHNHBrQ to ASoVC4BfzXKvuCp96ckq41QsxnWLh3gxnx has a lot of confirmations, but it doesn't show up in the explorer http://abe.darkgamex.ch:2751/chain/Anoncoin
Cryptoslave (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:38:37 PM

My transfer of 9.9 ANC from AMXraoVxaBvkiwWHbYRkQW7nmo6vHNHBrQ to ASoVC4BfzXKvuCp96ckq41QsxnWLh3gxnx has a lot of confirmations, but it doesn't show up in the explorer http://abe.darkgamex.ch:2751/chain/Anoncoin

Hi,

Yes, the hardfork worked correctly.  Smiley

http://abe.darkgamex.ch:2751/chain/Anoncoin is still on the old chain but is being updated at the moment.

Your transaction was done on the correct chain.

Sadly, I am not very happy with the tuning of the retarget algo with 90% of our hashrate being multipools it retarget too strongly both upward and downward and consequently the remaining faithful miners (around 400 MH/s) have to mine very difficult blocks (even up to 100 times more difficult than some of the quick blocks mined by multipools). The chain is thus for the moment about 30% too slow with very broad block time.

So I will check how to tune the moving averages differently to not have so much variation with this particular 90%+ intermittent multipool hashrate as well as the proportional term of the PID to have a smoother ride with retargetting less aggressively in those worse mining conditions. In a couple of weeks a new hardfork (0.9.6.12, same codebase) will be proposed with the new settings for the PID after we testnet it and will be announced here as well as with the alert key.

CS

cryptoadoption15

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 01:29:22 AM

Hi,

http://abe.darkgamex.ch:2751/chain/Anoncoin is still on the old chain but is being updated at the moment.

Sadly, I am not very happy with the tuning of the retarget algo with 90% of our hashrate being multipools it retarget too strongly both upward and downward and consequently the remaining faithful miners (around 400 MH/s) have to mine very difficult blocks (even up to 100 times more difficult than some of the quick blocks mined by multipools). The chain is thus for the moment about 30% too slow with very broad block time.

So I will check how to tune the moving averages differently to not have so much variation with this particular 90%+ intermittent multipool hashrate as well as the proportional term of the PID to have a smoother ride with retargetting less aggressively in those worse mining conditions. In a couple of weeks a new hardfork (0.9.6.12, same codebase) will be proposed with the new settings for the PID after we testnet it and will be announced here as well as with the alert key.

CS

How is the difficulty re-targeting looking now after you have had a few more weeks to evaluate it post fork?
Cryptoslave (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 10:38:38 PM

Hi,

CS

How is the difficulty re-targeting looking now after you have had a few more weeks to evaluate it post fork?

Hi,

I did a post with the current data from mainet on the wiki: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/GroundRod_PID_main_ver1

I hope it answer your questions!

As stated above I am still tuning the PID to limit the dispersion in block time.

Thank you for your question! Smiley

CS
cryptoadoption15

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:57:27 AM

Hi,

CS

Hi,

I did a post with the current data from mainet on the wiki: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/GroundRod_PID_main_ver1

I hope it answer your questions!

As stated above I am still tuning the PID to limit the dispersion in block time.

Thank you for your question! Smiley

CS

I cannot read your answer because https://wiki.anoncoin.net/GroundRod_PID_main_ver1 has a security certificate error. I know the problem is not unique to me because I attempted to access it fro multiple devices, browsers and IP addresses.

Can you cut and past your response here until you are able to fix the ecurity certificate error?

Based on this issue and the toolchain problem described by Cryptopia perhaps these easy certificate/build errors should be fixed before more time is spent on PID.

It is hard to convince people to use privacy/security software when these basic issues are present
Cryptoslave (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:18:25 AM

I cannot read your answer because https://wiki.anoncoin.net/GroundRod_PID_main_ver1 has a security certificate error. I know the problem is not unique to me because I attempted to access it fro multiple devices, browsers and IP addresses.

Can you cut and past your response here until you are able to fix the ecurity certificate error?

Based on this issue and the toolchain problem described by Cryptopia perhaps these easy certificate/build errors should be fixed before more time is spent on PID.

It is hard to convince people to use privacy/security software when these basic issues are present

The build without toolchain was proposed here above, it is not and never was an issue at all. Just two ways of building with dependencies.

The SSL certificate is self-signed by Meeh as the wiki site is hosted on its norway server. The only thing I can do for that is to ask him to renew his signature, which I did right now; but I have no more power than this on this SSL certificate.

I can copy paste here but it will be huge post, which is why I used the wiki for that.

CS
cryptoadoption15

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:02:32 AM

The build without toolchain was proposed here above, it is not and never was an issue at all. Just two ways of building with dependencies.

The SSL certificate is self-signed by Meeh as the wiki site is hosted on its norway server. The only thing I can do for that is to ask him to renew his signature, which I did right now; but I have no more power than this on this SSL certificate.

I can copy paste here but it will be huge post, which is why I used the wiki for that.

CS

AFAIK Meeh has not been active with ANC for a long time. I assume that his failure to even update the OP of the announcement thread regularly was part of the reason you created this new thread.

Based on his long absence why are you still posting content on a site hosted on a server he controls? It seems to me that copying the important content and transferring it to a new site under your control would be a better option. For a long time you have been far more reliable than Meeh in providing updates to the community and answering questions.

You have done a lot for ANC. I think some of the old community might return if things continue to move in the right direction.
tomothy

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 02:25:24 PM

Enclosed post below. Feel free to delete and make a prettier post if wanted.

GroundRod PID main ver1
Here we show the result of 5000+ blocks mining after the hardfork on block 555555 using the GroundRod PID Retarget Difficulty Algo featured in the new 0.9.6.11 version of Anoncoin.

https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/blob/master/src/pow.cpp

The PID settings used in mainet are the one from the 9.6.11 version after hardfork-block 555555.

define PID_PROPORTIONALGAIN "1.7"
define PID_INTEGRATORTIME "172800"
define PID_INTEGRATORGAIN "5"
define PID_DERIVATIVEGAIN "0"
define TIPFILTERBLOCKS_DEFAULT "21"
define USESHEADER_DEFAULT false
define NMAXDIFFINCREASE "200"
define NMAXDIFFDECREASE "170"
define DMININTEGRATOR 170
define DMAXINTEGRATOR 190
define WEIGHTEDAVGTIPBLOCKS_UP 4
define WEIGHTEDAVGTIPBLOCKS_DOWN 6
const int64_t nTargetSpacing = 180;

Here are the results so far...

It seems mining on mainet is characterized by about 10% constant hashrate and 90% multipool hashrate jumping on and off the chain. Mining quick blocks at low diff and increasing the diff until it is high enough for them to leave. The slowest block is then on hold for indefinite amount of time till the 10% constant hashrate find it, then the decrease of difficulty due to not having found a block for hours is accompanied by multipools jumping on the lower difficulty block, finding quickly many blocks while the difficulty drop and then increase to a high difficulty, which make multipools leave, repeating the cycle.

So in those very difficult mining conditions this is what we have so far at block 560555 using PID with the above settings.

Blocktime
Blocktime is too slow with around 214.6 sec instead of 180 sec, we can see when no block was found for a long time with almost vertical section and many quick blocks with almost horizontal section. The oblique parts with flatter slope are mostly due to the integral term requesting quick blocks for long times, to try to reduce the increased time toward the target of 180 sec.

Average Blocktime
This is a simple mean above all blocks since block 555149. Here we also see the avg blocktime tending to 210 sec.

Integral term
The integral term over 2 days (172800 sec) is almost always at the maximum which is equal to (190 - 180 = 10) * 5 + 180 = 230.

PIDOut
The PID output sum is characterized by periods of stability like from 1400-2000 or 3800-4400 interspersed with chaotic periods were the PIDOut achieve very high values. It is evident the higher percentage of constant mining in the stable period is enough to not have very long space without any found blocks like when the multipools alone are mining, leading to very high PIDOut due to no blocks for hours. We conclude there is some amount of constant mining relative to multipool mining which is needed to achieve stability. If nobody is mining or at a very low hashrate the high difficulty blocks then nothing can really help unless an automatically decreasing difficulty which is in fact possible with the PID (parameter useheader=1) but disabled on mainet due to lack of time consensus between peers and subsequent possible attack vector.

TipsAvg
TipsAvg is looking quite OK but it hides information about very slow blocks followed by very quick blocks.

Space
Block spacing shows the very long blocks that anoncoin is subject to. This is no new to PID, very long blocks were also found with KGW due to the same multipools inconstant hashrate. The difference between KGW and PID is PID gives much less quick block than KGW which gave around 140 at a time.

Space zoom

A zoom on the space chart shows the very quick blocks following the very long blocks. This is of course due to conjugated effect of decrease of difficulty by the PID to remove the impact of the long block and increased hashrate due to multipools jumping onto the chain to get the easy difficulty blocks.

Log of difficulty
A logarithm of difficulty shows the extent of variation of difficulty between the slow difficult block and the quick easy blocks. We can see there is two order of magnitudes between those two extremes which is a lot. This is partly due to a too strong retargetting of the difficulty with these particular proportional gain, maximum diff increase and decrease and the too short periods of 4 and 6 blocks for both moving averages.

Difficulty chart
The difficulty chart shows 400 blocks using the old Kimoto Gravity Well retarget algo followed by about 5000 blocks using the new GroundRod PID.

It is very well seen on this chart that sometimes there is only multipools mining with no constant hashrate (p.ex. 749-1378) and other times there is a constant hashrate stabilizing the fluctuation (p.ex. 1378-2092). The same conclusion can be done which is Anoncoin need some fraction of constant mining to have a well behaving chain, but miners have more incentive to mine on multipools so it is not easy to get this constant hashrate.

Conclusion

The GroundRod Retarget PID was tuned for quick retargetting in case of high fluctuation of difficulty, but with the necessity to have at least ca one hundred blocks at each hashrate levels. Here the pattern of mining is more like mine 25 easy, let others mine one hard, mine 25 easy, let others mine one hard. Consequently I am in the process of tuning the parameters of the PID to have less aggressive variation of difficulty for then the ratio between easy and hard difficulty block will be less than one hundred as it is actually, limiting the impact of higher and lower difficulty and hopefully smoothing the block distribution. The community will be updated when I will be satisfied with the new parameters. CS
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:19:19 AM

Conclusion

The GroundRod Retarget PID was tuned for quick retargetting in case of high fluctuation of difficulty, but with the necessity to have at least ca one hundred blocks at each hashrate levels. Here the pattern of mining is more like mine 25 easy, let others mine one hard, mine 25 easy, let others mine one hard. Consequently I am in the process of tuning the parameters of the PID to have less aggressive variation of difficulty for then the ratio between easy and hard difficulty block will be less than one hundred as it is actually, limiting the impact of higher and lower difficulty and hopefully smoothing the block distribution. The community will be updated when I will be satisfied with the new parameters. CS

Thank you for the detailed summary and analysis!
tomothy

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 03:58:50 PM

That's all CS, I just copy pasted. lol. CS continues to produce!
tranzactionezlive

Activity: 261

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:10:52 PM

Can you please post some nodes ?
M8BWNNRFMNdak68c

Activity: 373

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 03:14:29 PM

addnodes:
213.152.161.117:55167
103.253.43.162:50438
211.149.148.149:58147
73.69.100.22:9377
88.206.141.110:55831

so why is cryptopia again "Investigating wallet issues" since a week now? ( wallet offline )
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: