Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:19:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ANC] Anoncoin (anoncoin.net) | Privacy-centric currency | I2P darknet  (Read 40504 times)
cryptogaga

Activity: 506
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:16:59 PM

you need to open your ports to point if from outside.

Im Sorry to be so buggy but Please how can i open my ports?
Cryptoslave (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:44:19 PM

This depends of your modem/router/firewall. I cannot help you for that sorry :S

Otherwise, you can also rent a small digital ocean VPS like a 10$/month droplet, install ubuntu (automatically done), install anoncoin following https://wiki.anoncoin.net/How_to_build_Anoncoin_from_source#Ubuntu_64_bit_or_Debian_8 , synchronize with the bootstrap.dat and configure correctly the anoncoin.conf in ~/.anoncoin
If you want to be a node for the i2p network you can also install i2p or i2pd and configure the anoncoin.conf in mixed mode (commented #onlynet=i2p and all others #onlynet= , and [i2p.options] enabled=1). It is better to not be in onlynet=i2p if you want to mine on this node because of an increase in stale blocks (although this is possible you will lose a small part of mined blocks due to increased propagation time, thereby reducing your mining efficiency).

Hope it helps and thank you to strengthen the Anoncoin network (especially if you happen to mine TX)!
cryptogaga

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:08:38 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2017, 12:22:12 PM by cryptogaga

This depends of your modem/router/firewall. I cannot help you for that sorry :S

Otherwise, you can also rent a small digital ocean VPS like a 10$/month droplet, install ubuntu (automatically done), install anoncoin following https://wiki.anoncoin.net/How_to_build_Anoncoin_from_source#Ubuntu_64_bit_or_Debian_8 , synchronize with the bootstrap.dat and configure correctly the anoncoin.conf in ~/.anoncoin
If you want to be a node for the i2p network you can also install i2p or i2pd and configure the anoncoin.conf in mixed mode (commented #onlynet=i2p and all others #onlynet= , and [i2p.options] enabled=1). It is better to not be in onlynet=i2p if you want to mine on this node because of an increase in stale blocks (although this is possible you will lose a small part of mined blocks due to increased propagation time, thereby reducing your mining efficiency).

Hope it helps and thank you to strengthen the Anoncoin network (especially if you happen to mine TX)!

Thank you for taking your time to enlighten me i think the digital ocean option is my best bet, how do i ensure to mine TX? and is there any incentive for running a node without mining?
Cryptoslave (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:26:32 PM

For those who prefer the full installer over the anci2pd bundle:

Anoncoin 0.9.6.13 setup for win32 and win64 have been uploaded on Github! Grin

https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/releases/tag/5e441d8
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:02:04 AM

Hi all...been out of the crypto world for a while. I see there is a new version of ANC...does anyone have the 64 bit non-installable (zip) version?

Not sure right now what version the pool runs but I think it is 0.9.6.12.
Is that still compatible or do I need to update it as well? If so then I will (try) compile the Linux version from the source.

I know the version of p2pool I run does not support the larger TX's but I don't feel like maintaining a different p2pool code base just for ANC than the other coins.

If you feel it is appropriate I can just take down the p2pool node I run.

Cryptoslave (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:34:25 AM

Hi all...been out of the crypto world for a while. I see there is a new version of ANC...does anyone have the 64 bit non-installable (zip) version?

Is that still compatible or do I need to update it as well? If so then I will (try) compile the Linux version from the source.

I know the version of p2pool I run does not support the larger TX's but I don't feel like maintaining a different p2pool code base just for ANC than the other coins.

Hi CartmanSPC,

I have uploaded two zip files with all executables created by the build process. Yes 0.9.6.12 is compatible with 0.9.6.13, the last one resolve a bug about spending change. I think it would be best if you keep your p2pool service! Also your pool seems to mine at least some of the mempool TX. We thank you to run your p2pool node and service, please let it run. 

CS
CartmanSPC
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:40:12 AM

I have uploaded two zip files with all executables created by the build process. Yes 0.9.6.12 is compatible with 0.9.6.13, the last one resolve a bug about spending change.

Perfect...thanks!!!

CartmanSPC
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:55:31 AM

Yes thats my address from btc38 and i use it to mine on pools when i can the balance is not exactly accurate as it only shows entire transaction i wish i had that 4k+ though.  Thanks for making things clear now

You can NOT use an exchange address with p2pool. The exchange got your block rewards but do not know they belongs to you. I actually forget the technical reason for this (lol) but that's the way it is. I would contact them letting them know that you used one of their addresses with p2pool. I'm sure they can work it out somehow.

coinfinder000

Activity: 350

Swipe

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 09:10:08 AM

Community taked over?

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
cryptogaga

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 11:40:14 AM

Yes thats my address from btc38 and i use it to mine on pools when i can the balance is not exactly accurate as it only shows entire transaction i wish i had that 4k+ though.  Thanks for making things clear now

You can NOT use an exchange address with p2pool. The exchange got your block rewards but do not know they belongs to you. I actually forget the technical reason for this (lol) but that's the way it is. I would contact them letting them know that you used one of their addresses with p2pool. I'm sure they can work it out somehow.
Ouchhhh i didnt know! i used bittrex and cryptopia address for other algo mining i thought it was same process, thanks for your effort,
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:32:17 PM

There are a lot of huge txs, it would be nice if you could merge the patch. it just does a small change and you could even make it dependend on network (ie, only if anoncoin network selected). this way you wouldnt break compatibility with others (i'd add that code to my version, so you could cherry-pick the 2 commits). I didnt ask you to take it down tough Wink

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
CartmanSPC
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:36:51 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 07:47:11 PM by CartmanSPC

There are a lot of huge txs, it would be nice if you could merge the patch. it just does a small change and you could even make it dependend on network (ie, only if anoncoin network selected). this way you wouldnt break compatibility with others (i'd add that code to my version, so you could cherry-pick the 2 commits). I didnt ask you to take it down tough Wink

Ok! Cheesy
I will add the code you developed to my ANC P2Pool node...I believe it is just this one commit?

https://github.com/K1773R/p2pool/commit/6079f026e22ffcfb80a5ac1937005ab2b9d5ccd0

Edit: I faintly recall forestv specifying reasons not to increase the TX size setting but since I don't have any connecting peers the point is moot. Also the benefit outweighs the risk for ANC specifically.

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 09:18:22 PM

Ok! Cheesy
I will add the code you developed to my ANC P2Pool node...I believe it is just this one commit?

https://github.com/K1773R/p2pool/commit/6079f026e22ffcfb80a5ac1937005ab2b9d5ccd0

Edit: I faintly recall forestv specifying reasons not to increase the TX size setting but since I don't have any connecting peers the point is moot. Also the benefit outweighs the risk for ANC specifically.
That is correct, thats the only commit you'll need to be able to mine bigger tx's.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Cryptoslave (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:28:56 PM

So btc38 stopping ANC/BTC trading pair and adding ANC/CNY instead (as before). I guess it is ok, but I have experienced lots of problems over there lately. Maybe the english version of the site will be discarded at some point? What do you think

I think there will be more volume in ANC/CNY as the BTC market there was for the little volume coins. Yes BTC38 sucks big time.
mdnajir

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:02:05 PM

Wow, worth of anoncoin is steady increasing, terribly happy to finally see some real action.

Whats the most effective exchange at the instant to shop for anoncoin?  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Cryptoslave (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:00:48 PM

Wow, worth of anoncoin is steady increasing, terribly happy to finally see some real action.

Whats the most effective exchange at the instant to shop for anoncoin?  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Best is Nova, but most volume are on BTC38, if you can ask the support to open for you the ANC wallet. Otherwise there are two I2P exchanges (exchanged.i2p and Cryptocurrency exchanger, a shapeshift clone on I2P)  but they are under construction at the moment. Check https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Exchanges

CS
CartmanSPC
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:20:50 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2017, 04:31:34 AM by CartmanSPC

Ok! Cheesy

That is correct, thats the only commit you'll need to be able to mine bigger tx's.

xpool.net update to allow larger tx's!

Can you/someone test to see if it is working?

Cryptoslave (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:53:00 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2017, 12:45:00 PM by Cryptoslave

Ok! Cheesy

xpool.net update to allow larger tx's!

Can you/someone test to see if it is working?

Thank you!

For the moment TX are broadcasted regularly, I did not try a purposeful big TX but the network is behaving well now. Both blocks and TX are on time and the PID work well too I just checked the last 35000 blocks. The increased global hashrate I think is also good (there are about 9 GH/s on the network now which is 50% more than two weeks ago and 5000% more than a couple of months ago).

CS
seaman staines

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:03:53 AM

So btc38 stopping ANC/BTC trading pair and adding ANC/CNY instead (as before). I guess it is ok, but I have experienced lots of problems over there lately. Maybe the english version of the site will be discarded at some point? What do you think

I think there will be more volume in ANC/CNY as the BTC market there was for the little volume coins. Yes BTC38 sucks big time.

Does btc38 allow registering without verifying your identity? The announcement post implies btc38's anoncoin wallet isn't on the right chain. If btc38 gets back on the right chain will it allow anoncoin withdrawals without identity verification?
Cryptoslave (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:47:32 PM

Does btc38 allow registering without verifying your identity? The announcement post implies btc38's anoncoin wallet isn't on the right chain. If btc38 gets back on the right chain will it allow anoncoin withdrawals without identity verification?

BTC38 is on the right chain and allow withdrawal of coins in a limited amount (1000$ worth/day) and deposit of ANC works correctly. You have to ask the support to activate ANC wallet. In fact they have no issue with the ANC wallet for new account after asking the support. They cannot activate ANC wallet for whatever reason on old accounts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: