Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:21:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTCTC][[ASICMINER-PT]] - Public trading of ASICMINER shares  (Read 74376 times)
burnside (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 12:36:46 AM

The website seems under attack again. Cloudflare trying to keep up but struggling.
I don't think it is an attack per se....just overload from people rushing to buy in before the dividend.
It will go away in a few hours.

Burnside says the site has been under DDoS attack on the front page - It is likely that cloudflare should be able to handle simple customer volume influx... I look forward to hearing back from Burnside for confirmation - Not too found of BTC-TC going dark on me...

Something load or hardware related.  I am currently unable to log into the box.  The other boxes running the db and wallet are ok though.  I've reached out to the guys in the datacenter to take a look.

Cheers.
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:43:26 AM

Hold down power button, wait 5 seconds, listen for the fans to spin down, press button, enjoy web surfing  Roll Eyes

CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:46:15 AM

The website seems under attack again. Cloudflare trying to keep up but struggling.
I don't think it is an attack per se....just overload from people rushing to buy in before the dividend.
It will go away in a few hours.

Burnside says the site has been under DDoS attack on the front page - It is likely that cloudflare should be able to handle simple customer volume influx... I look forward to hearing back from Burnside for confirmation - Not too found of BTC-TC going dark on me...

Sorry, that DDOS message on the front page is a week old message hence my speculation it was just load.

saveawedge

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:47:41 AM

Seems to be working fine for me now
Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:50:24 AM

Yep its up

AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:58:46 AM

The site is back up for me too, but the fact remains it was down for 30+ mins. This is bothersome when it is a site where people's Bitcoins (and securities) are circulating. Burnside, thank you for making your site overly secure, there is no cutting costs for that + I look forward to BTC-TC having its uptime / ability to withstand load increase too.
vesper39

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:20:16 AM

Anyone know what time dividends are handed out by freidcat on wednesday?

If I were to sell my shares on btct after freidcat releases, but before burnside distributes, would I get the dividends or would the buyer get them? Just curious  Grin
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:21:44 AM

People are pretty good about dividends in mid-transfer. The general rule is, if you've paid for it, and the xfer request is in process waiting on Friedcat, you own it.

Thanks again.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:21:53 AM

Anyone know what time dividends are handed out by freidcat on wednesday?

If I were to sell my shares on btct after freidcat releases, but before burnside distributes, would I get the dividends or would the buyer get them? Just curious  Grin

You must actually hold shares when the asset operator distributes dividends.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 01:52:27 AM

The site is back up for me too, but the fact remains it was down for 30+ mins. This is bothersome when it is a site where people's Bitcoins (and securities) are circulating. Burnside, thank you for making your site overly secure, there is no cutting costs for that + I look forward to BTC-TC having its uptime / ability to withstand load increase too.

Yeah, there are a lot of redundancy improvements we'll be able to make with improved cash flow.  If the volume we've seen this month holds up, I don't see any reason we couldn't build out redundancy at the app server, caching, and db layers.  (That's exactly the sort of thing I do all day at work.)

Cheers.
Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:45:13 PM

Hold down power button, wait 5 seconds, listen for the fans to spin down, press button, enjoy web surfing  Roll Eyes

Appears to be down again, is the site running on Windows NT?   Tongue

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:52:23 PM

Code:
Error:

backend server failure at 145

same here, still on the positive side last time there was a big DDoS agains btctc the price of ASICMINER-PT went up, maybe we will see the same again.

Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:22:06 PM

Code:
Error:

backend server failure at 145

same here, still on the positive side last time there was a big DDoS agains btctc the price of ASICMINER-PT went up, maybe we will see the same again.

At this moment, I would still like to see ~2BTC per share (pipe dream), but I really feel these will soon be somewhere between 7-10BTC per as hype grows.  I'd like to scrape up as many PT's and micro PT's as possible before the rest of the bitcoin world discovers these assets in full.  Going off on a tangent, considering the new user base involvement, I estimate it takes a newbie 6-8 weeks to learn enough (albeit small), obtain BTC, grow a pair when it comes to risk, and become aware of ASICMiner shares and other assets available, before a surge in purchasing. 

I figure this, news spread like wildfire on April 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th.  As an average person, I am guessing a week or so to sift through the news headings and gain an impression.  Another week of following, and during that week, on the 17th the market begins to recover and correct.  Now the new user is intrigued, and begins the long process of getting fiat into the exchanges (two weeks, May 5th, roughly, they are in).  First BTC purchases are made (now gaining newbie status in the world of bitcoin), and then a lull for the new user as they read more and more on the forums, starting in the speculation subforum as many do and google.  They then begin to look into day trading, and attempt to learn as much as possible from the considerable amount of posts and information out there.  They either enjoy the small profits they obtain and continue trading, or lose out on small trades and rethink their process. Daytrading will then lead to discovery outside of the speculation forum as the user attempts to expand their awareness of Bitcoin.  They then begin to find btct.co, bitfunder and havelock, some transfer coin right away, others wait and research for a further week +\-. 

Sorry for the synopsis, but in short starting at the correction, 6-8 weeks out puts us at the 29th to the 12th, and I think we will see the bubble(?) of these shares to my estimated 7-10BTC per.  So hold!  Just my 2BTC

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:25:06 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2013, 02:56:23 PM by mem

back up Cheesy, still no divs yet :p, no rush now anyway as the gf has gone to sleep.
Hopefully she sees her first tomorrow, she loved the idea of paid for mining hosting once I explained what the shares actually were and as happy to pay up to 2 btc per share when buying.

crap, ~2.5 btc/ share.

edit:

Registration is currently closed.

Why is this ? hit target amount of users ?

I have a friend wanting to use the service Smiley

SilentSonicBoom

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 04:44:49 PM

Site having issues again right now. Good luck with the fix burnside.

Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:37:54 PM

Can't wait for the payout, so the dividends can go right back into shares  Cheesy

zeocrash

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:48:40 PM

AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:13:10 PM

Website down - no divs seen yet...
dexX7
Legendary

Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 06:21:01 PM

Sidenote: ASICMINER-PT on btct.co surpassed Bitstamp and BTC-E yesterday in terms of daily Bitcoin volume. Grin

Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:56:10 PM

Sidenote: ASICMINER-PT on btct.co surpassed Bitstamp and BTC-E yesterday in terms of daily Bitcoin volume. Grin
SHHHHH you are letting the cat out of the bag!!!   Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: