Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:50:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTCTC][[ASICMINER-PT]] - Public trading of ASICMINER shares  (Read 74375 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 09:15:48 AM

Assuming I'm in no hurry and would like direct shares per your plan, do I need to transfer my shares to you at any point or will you simply execute this plan for any remaining shares after the cutoff date?

We would simply execute this plan for any remaining shares as of Oct 10.

So, to be clear. People who hold the AsicMiner pass through managed by you, burnside, do not need to do anything. Our shares will automatically be converted to direct shares on October 10th, after which are free to convert them to AsicMiner shares on bitfunder?
I also have the same question. Please address this.

He already addressed it.  The answer is 'yes.'   Is English your third language? 

Maybe a flowchart or interpretive dance would aid your faltering comprehension.    Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:34:31 AM

You are also welcome to push your ASICMINER-PT shares to my account, TATInvestments, where I can convert them to AM1 shares on Havelock.
See https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=AM1 for full details and instructions.

There are no management fees on dividends for AM1 and Havelock has low trade fees as well.

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL AFTER THIS WEEK'S DIVIDENDS. ALSO DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO EXPORT TO DIRECT SHARES FASTER (IT WILL NOT BE FASTER).

This is what I want to do, everything else is already over there.
I'll wait until after Wed as requested.
viruscs

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:04:42 PM

You are also welcome to push your ASICMINER-PT shares to my account, TATInvestments, where I can convert them to AM1 shares on Havelock.
See https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=AM1 for full details and instructions.

There are no management fees on dividends for AM1 and Havelock has low trade fees as well.

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL AFTER THIS WEEK'S DIVIDENDS. ALSO DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO EXPORT TO DIRECT SHARES FASTER (IT WILL NOT BE FASTER).
nice

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:58:14 PM

I am unsure what "direct shares" actually means. where do I hold them? I understand they are virtual, but how are they shown to be owned by me and how do I move them around? obviously I am dependent on securities exchanges here... but from what I am reading, most find direct shares preferable, still I am unclear on how I go about holding, selling, or collecting dividends on shares held outside of an exchange. please illuminate me.
Carnth

Activity: 634

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:17:50 PM

I am unsure what "direct shares" actually means. where do I hold them? I understand they are virtual, but how are they shown to be owned by me and how do I move them around? obviously I am dependent on securities exchanges here... but from what I am reading, most find direct shares preferable, still I am unclear on how I go about holding, selling, or collecting dividends on shares held outside of an exchange. please illuminate me.

Direct shares are "real" ASICMINER shares. They are managed directly by friedcat. As such, they are not listed on any exchange.

To buy or sell direct shares, you have to find a buyer (or seller) and negotiate ("I'll pay you X for Y number of shares"). After the deal is done, the seller has to PM freidcat and tell him to "transfer" the direct shares into your name (you give friedcat your email and Bitcoin address).

You get paid dividends directly to your Bitcoin address that friedcat has on file.

Does this make more sense?
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:31:42 PM

Direct shares are "real" ASICMINER shares. They are managed directly by friedcat. As such, they are not listed on any exchange.

To buy or sell direct shares, you have to find a buyer (or seller) and negotiate ("I'll pay you X for Y number of shares"). After the deal is done, the seller has to PM freidcat and tell him to "transfer" the direct shares into your name (you give friedcat your email and Bitcoin address).

You get paid dividends directly to your Bitcoin address that friedcat has on file.

yes, thanks. It was what I had assumed, but was not sure about. I am also assuming FC sends some sort of contract to me stating I am the rightful owner of x number of shares, and that I can take this info to an online exchange like bitfunder and place them there if I choose.
do I pay a penalty for doing this? It is so much easier to move shares quickly on an exchange.
Carnth

Activity: 634

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:56:51 PM

yes, thanks. It was what I had assumed, but was not sure about. I am also assuming FC sends some sort of contract to me stating I am the rightful owner of x number of shares, and that I can take this info to an online exchange like bitfunder and place them there if I choose.
do I pay a penalty for doing this? It is so much easier to move shares quickly on an exchange.

There is a certain convenience of having your ASICMINER shares on an exchange. This is why pass-throughs are popular.

If you want to have your shares moved to a different exchange, pass-throughs are available on both Bitfunder and Havelock and each have a different process. As far as I know, neither have a fee or "penalty" for depositing direct shares into their pass-through.
Before you move your shares, consider the contract of each and know the rules and process of when dividends will be paid; and the procedures and possible fees if you want to "withdraw" your pass-through shares back into direct shares.
xiaopeifeng

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:00:29 AM

There is a certain convenience of having your ASICMINER shares on an exchange. This is why pass-throughs are popular.

If you want to have your shares moved to a different exchange, pass-throughs are available on both Bitfunder and Havelock and each have a different process. As far as I know, neither have a fee or "penalty" for depositing direct shares into their pass-through.
Before you move your shares, consider the contract of each and know the rules and process of when dividends will be paid; and the procedures and possible fees if you want to "withdraw" your pass-through shares back into direct shares.
How could I transfer  ASICMINER shares to Bitfunder and Havelock? Can you tell me? Thank you.
ThunderSheep

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

The sheep who walks through walls.

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:06:24 AM

How could I transfer  ASICMINER shares to Bitfunder and Havelock? Can you tell me? Thank you.

I'm not sure if anything is set up for Bitfunder.
GuiltySpark343

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:02:31 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2013, 09:59:28 PM by GuiltySpark343

I have pushed my AM-PT shares to TAT as instructed, and emailed TAT with the relevant info. The assets are now gone from my portfolio at BTCTC. Hopefully I will get some type of confirmation from TAT and the new shares will show up in Havelock soon.

UPDATE: AM-PT shares successfully transferred by TAT to Havelock. Thanks!!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Ƀ:17wbDetEw2aESM5oWXbm5ih9NSdDruyWNT
blo8i

Activity: 960
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 09:14:15 PM

is it possible to move my share to Bitfunder?? or can i just keep them on BTC-TC for now? or will there come some instructions in the near future? on how to do this?
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:06:46 PM

is it possible to move my share to Bitfunder?? or can i just keep them on BTC-TC for now? or will there come some instructions in the near future? on how to do this?
+1
burnside (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 02:45:53 AM

+1

Last I checked import/export for Bitfunder was still frozen?

It's really up to Ukyo.  If he's ok with taking imports, I'm happy to facilitate that.

Cheers.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:54:27 AM

We've been keeping with migrations from AM-PT to AM1 on Havelock pretty well.

Share count has doubled in the past few days and the pace is picking up.

For more info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300776.0
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:52:06 PM

I just want to turn my shares to direct shares, no hurry. Should I just wait ?
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:06:24 PM

Just wait. Anything not transferred out to Havelock via TAT will be changed into direct shares.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 07:55:28 PM

Just wait. Anything not transferred out to Havelock via TAT will be changed into direct shares.

+1, I am almost 5 days behind on manual transfers.  I received a flood of them after the winding down announcement.

You're better off waiting until Oct 10 for the mass transfer if you want direct shares.

Cheers.
DefectiveNu

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:14:43 PM

So the mass transfer will turn all PTs into direct shares, based on the listed public address I assume?
ThunderSheep

Activity: 88

The sheep who walks through walls.

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:17:52 PM

So the mass transfer will turn all PTs into direct shares, based on the listed public address I assume?

That is correct.
pc163

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 10:03:04 PM

+1

Last I checked import/export for Bitfunder was still frozen?

It's really up to Ukyo.  If he's ok with taking imports, I'm happy to facilitate that.

Cheers.

can u contact ukyo to open the door to transfer asicminer-pt from btct to bitfunder?
u maybe the only one can do this
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: