Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:16:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTCTC][[ASICMINER-PT]] - Public trading of ASICMINER shares  (Read 74376 times)
burnside (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 08:13:59 AM

is it possible to move my share to Bitfunder?? or can i just keep them on BTC-TC for now? or will there come some instructions in the near future? on how to do this?
+1

Last I checked import/export for Bitfunder was still frozen?

It's really up to Ukyo.  If he's ok with taking imports, I'm happy to facilitate that.

Cheers.

can u contact ukyo to open the door to transfer asicminer-pt from btct to bitfunder?
u maybe the only one can do this

I apologize, I cannot do that.  Sad

With Ukyo's public blessing and confirmation that such transfers will be readily accepted and processed I am happy to process transfers to the G.ASICMINER asset for people that want it.  Sans that, I cannot help.

It's not as big a deal as you might think, because once you have direct shares you can transfer anywhere you want anyway.

Cheers.
blo8i

Activity: 960
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 02:11:28 PM

is it possible to move my share to Bitfunder?? or can i just keep them on BTC-TC for now? or will there come some instructions in the near future? on how to do this?
+1

It's really up to Ukyo.  If he's ok with taking imports, I'm happy to facilitate that.

Cheers.

can u contact ukyo to open the door to transfer asicminer-pt from btct to bitfunder?

With Ukyo's public blessing and confirmation that such transfers will be readily accepted and processed I am happy to process transfers to the G.ASICMINER asset for people that want it.  Sans that, I cannot help.

It's not as big a deal as you might think, because once you have direct shares you can transfer anywhere you want anyway.

Cheers.

i still have a few questions, what happens if i keep my chare on BTC-CT? and what is the diff between direct shares, and the shares i have now?
Carnth

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:20:25 AM

i still have a few questions, what happens if i keep my chare on BTC-CT? and what is the diff between direct shares, and the shares i have now?

Shares left on btct.co are scheduled to become "direct" shares (from what I can tell.)

My explanation of "direct shares" can be found here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148350.msg3226858#msg3226858
pc163

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:23:34 AM

+1

Cheers.

Cheers.

but how's the transferring  going? i have send  a lot of shares to your account on btct, and  pm and email you to comfirm , but i was wondering can u get this done before next dividend date?
Carnth

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:04:56 PM

but how's the transferring  going? i have send  a lot of shares to your account on btct, and  pm and email you to comfirm , but i was wondering can u get this done before next dividend date?

I feel the need to help. So I want to compile all the information about the ASICMENT-PT on btct.co and relay it in an easy to understand format. (Some people need this.)

Everything after this point is information I know to the best of my ability. It may be wrong. I do not speak on behalf of Burnside. I don't not manage any ASICMINER pass-throughs, so don't consider anything in this post "official" for any ASICMINER pass-through manager.

First, a little background.

What are direct shares?:

ASICMINER is a mining company/equipment manufacturer. It sell it's shares directly to the public--not on any exchange. Friedcat manages sales/transfers of these direct shares. He has a complete list of every shareholder, their email address and Bitcoin address. When you own these direct shares, your dividends are paid directly to the Bitcoin address Friedcat has on file. To buy or sell shares, you need to find a buyer/seller your sell and negotiate an individual price (I'll pay your X for Y number of shares). After a deal is done, Friedcat must be notified that the sell took place and who the new owner of the shares are.

Pass throughs (I.E. a depository receipts)

Because it takes a lot of work to find a buyer and a seller that can come to an agreeable price, many people thought it would be a good idea to offer ASICMINER shares on an exchange.
It works like this: The pass-through manager would buy direct ASICMINER shares... then they wold sell an equal number of shares on the exchange.
In the case of the btct.co exchange, Burnside is the person who actually bought the direct shares and has his email and Bitcoin address on file with Friedcat. When ever his Bitcoin address got paid dividends, he would send an equal payment to the pass-through account btct.co and re-pay the dividend.
Ukyo manages the pass-through on BitFunder. TAT Investments manages the pass-through on Havelock.
Different managers run their pass-thoughs in different ways. Make sure to read the asset contracts when choosing a pass-through.

I own pass-through shares on btct.co... what can I do?

Right now, 2 out of 3 choices are available to you.

• - Do nothing. Burnside will have your shares converted to direct shares by giving your email and Bitcoin address to Friedcat.
    While waiting for that to happen, dividends will continued to be paid as normal. After you have your direct shares, you can do what ever you want. Keep them, sell them, or "import" them to a different pass-through.
  • - Transfer your shares to Havelock.
    ThickAsThieves has made steps to ensure a smooth transition right now without having to wait for direct shares. See this thread with complete instructions.
  • - Transfer your shares to BitFunder.
    Right now this is not available. Ukyo has not provided support or instructions for transferring shares to BitFunder. But you should be able to "import" direct shares when you get them.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 05:49:29 PM

Thank you Carnth!  Very much appreciated.
blo8i

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:53:01 PM

So after the shares become direct the dividends will still continue to be paid as normal?? or does anyone know?
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:38:18 PM

So after the shares become direct the dividends will still continue to be paid as normal?? or does anyone know?
Of course, just like all other direct shares.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
blo8i

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 03:07:49 PM

so why are the price diving so much.
Carnth

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 03:43:29 PM

If you believe in ASICMINER, buy some.
shmoula

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 03:43:41 PM

Because of difficulty? ;-)

Habbeat - beat your habits more effective way!!!
Always empty box(no cat also no coin): 1SHM1tiur2iNBCVxCBr7vAJ84PrPZ6d6v
ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 03:54:45 PM

http://www.asicminercharts.com/live/

Our slice of the pie is getting smaller and smaller each day, wondering how long we can still hold above 1% of the network.....

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
blo8i

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:38:25 PM

If you believe in ASICMINER, buy some.

i do but i am just kinde kicking myself, bought at 1,7btc each and i was like "sweet i got a great deal"
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:49:04 AM

@burnside, I've sold all my AsicMiner-PT after last dividend paying day. Could I still get the dividend of my shares on that  day, which were postponed due to the closure of bitcointalk? Thanks.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 06:16:52 AM

@burnside, I've sold all my AsicMiner-PT after last dividend paying day. Could I still get the dividend of my shares on that  day, which were postponed due to the closure of bitcointalk? Thanks.

You have to be holding the shares when divs are issued.  As you must be aware, those divs have already been paid to whomever bought the shares from you.

Cheers.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 06:17:56 AM

Quick reminder that trading is going to stop in less than 24 hours.
supert

Activity: 160

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 07:04:52 AM

I've been waiting 10 days for a manual Asicminer-pt transfer. Will this bedone soon?
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 11:59:49 AM

Regarding share migrations from BTCT to other exchanges:

1. Do not email your request more than once.

2. Do not include extra questions or comments.

3. Follow the instructions exactly, nothing more.

4. Do not include multiple migration requests in one email.

The better the instructions are followed, the faster this will be. We're getting bogged down by a high % of people not following directions.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 12:29:19 PM

MIGRATION OF ASICMINER-PT SHARES

To my knowledge, Friedcat will not be receiving the final list from Burnside until this Thursday.

If you wish to have your shares transferred to Havelock (AM1), rather than hold direct shares, you must initiate the transfer TODAY.

Most AM1 imports are processed within 24 hours.

Transfer Instructions are here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300776
viruscs

Activity: 160

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:40:48 PM

how to transfer asicminer-pt on btct to g.asicminer-pt on bitfunder?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: