Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:11:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FS] All aluminum open-air case frames (now with support beams for USB risers)  (Read 10860 times)
Spotswood (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 05:53:57 AM

What are the sizes of these new 2 PSU versions with Riser mounts? I assume they won't stack on previous designs that were for 1 PSU?

All of the two PSU models share the same footprint and all of the one PSUs share the same footprint. 

The one PSU model will/does also have the USB support beams.  I just haven't added it to this thread just yet.  Roll Eyes

So with the stand and 2 single PSU rigs I previously purchased, is it possible to add the 2 PSU version to stack?

Separately, can I add the riser support beams?

You can't stack one onto two PSU models, or vise versa.

A kit to add USB riser support to your existing frame is $10.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:43:30 AM

What are the sizes of these new 2 PSU versions with Riser mounts? I assume they won't stack on previous designs that were for 1 PSU?

All of the two PSU models share the same footprint and all of the one PSUs share the same footprint. 

The one PSU model will/does also have the USB support beams.  I just haven't added it to this thread just yet.  Roll Eyes

So with the stand and 2 single PSU rigs I previously purchased, is it possible to add the 2 PSU version to stack?

Hmm,

How about a base large enough for a 2 PSU Frame to Sit on, then some sort of Riser/Coupler to allow the smaller 1 PSU frames to sit on top of a 2 PSU base frame?

I'm thinking about building a 2 PSU frame and what to add the riser base to my 2 existing 1 psu frames but I don't want to replace my frames to do this.

Also is it possible to get additional clearance between the base of the riser supports and the mainboard? (Taller side posts) - Specifically I want enough clearance have up to a 165mm Heatsink on top of the CPU of the 2 PSU Frame.

I have some ideas on a base with outriggers similar to one I got last time but I don't know if you have bandwidth to do something one-off, let me know.
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 01:55:04 AM

Hmm,

How about a base large enough for a 2 PSU Frame to Sit on, then some sort of Riser/Coupler to allow the smaller 1 PSU frames to sit on top of a 2 PSU base frame?

I'm thinking about building a 2 PSU frame and what to add the riser base to my 2 existing 1 psu frames but I don't want to replace my frames to do this.

Also is it possible to get additional clearance between the base of the riser supports and the mainboard? (Taller side posts) - Specifically I want enough clearance have up to a 165mm Heatsink on top of the CPU of the 2 PSU Frame.

I have some ideas on a base with outriggers similar to one I got last time but I don't know if you have bandwidth to do something one-off, let me know.

Ah, yes, all of that is doable.  Please send me a sketch.  If not too complicated, I should have the time.

ptang

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:20:32 AM

Just wanted to add myself to the list of satisfied customers hailing from Canada that received my order today. Rack is sturdy and well built.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:38:54 PM

+1 for another satisfied customer.  I ran into some issues assembling and Rich was more than accommodating to all my ridiculous questions.
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 08:07:08 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2021, 07:34:27 AM by Spotswood

A small improvement...

The PSUs are now secured to the frame via three mounting points.

Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2021, 03:54:22 AM

bump  Grin

Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 09:16:57 PM