Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:26:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FS] All aluminum open-air case frames (now with support beams for USB risers)  (Read 10860 times)
Spotswood (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 05:53:57 AM

What are the sizes of these new 2 PSU versions with Riser mounts? I assume they won't stack on previous designs that were for 1 PSU?

All of the two PSU models share the same footprint and all of the one PSUs share the same footprint. 

The one PSU model will/does also have the USB support beams.  I just haven't added it to this thread just yet.  Roll Eyes

So with the stand and 2 single PSU rigs I previously purchased, is it possible to add the 2 PSU version to stack?

Separately, can I add the riser support beams?

You can't stack one onto two PSU models, or vise versa.

A kit to add USB riser support to your existing frame is $10.

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:43:30 AM

What are the sizes of these new 2 PSU versions with Riser mounts? I assume they won't stack on previous designs that were for 1 PSU?

All of the two PSU models share the same footprint and all of the one PSUs share the same footprint. 

The one PSU model will/does also have the USB support beams.  I just haven't added it to this thread just yet.  Roll Eyes

So with the stand and 2 single PSU rigs I previously purchased, is it possible to add the 2 PSU version to stack?

Hmm,

How about a base large enough for a 2 PSU Frame to Sit on, then some sort of Riser/Coupler to allow the smaller 1 PSU frames to sit on top of a 2 PSU base frame?

I'm thinking about building a 2 PSU frame and what to add the riser base to my 2 existing 1 psu frames but I don't want to replace my frames to do this.

Also is it possible to get additional clearance between the base of the riser supports and the mainboard? (Taller side posts) - Specifically I want enough clearance have up to a 165mm Heatsink on top of the CPU of the 2 PSU Frame.

I have some ideas on a base with outriggers similar to one I got last time but I don't know if you have bandwidth to do something one-off, let me know.
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 01:55:04 AM

Hmm,

How about a base large enough for a 2 PSU Frame to Sit on, then some sort of Riser/Coupler to allow the smaller 1 PSU frames to sit on top of a 2 PSU base frame?

I'm thinking about building a 2 PSU frame and what to add the riser base to my 2 existing 1 psu frames but I don't want to replace my frames to do this.

Also is it possible to get additional clearance between the base of the riser supports and the mainboard? (Taller side posts) - Specifically I want enough clearance have up to a 165mm Heatsink on top of the CPU of the 2 PSU Frame.

I have some ideas on a base with outriggers similar to one I got last time but I don't know if you have bandwidth to do something one-off, let me know.

Ah, yes, all of that is doable.  Please send me a sketch.  If not too complicated, I should have the time.

ptang

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:20:32 AM

Just wanted to add myself to the list of satisfied customers hailing from Canada that received my order today. Rack is sturdy and well built.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:38:54 PM

+1 for another satisfied customer.  I ran into some issues assembling and Rich was more than accommodating to all my ridiculous questions.
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 08:07:08 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2021, 07:34:27 AM by Spotswood

A small improvement...

The PSUs are now secured to the frame via three mounting points.

Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2021, 03:54:22 AM

bump  Grin

Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 09:16:57 PM