Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:30:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PrimeAsic - 80 Ghash/sec Asic Miner [SCAM]  (Read 67012 times)
RoboCoder

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 11:00:45 PM

Big question is: Why do they sell this stuff when they can make ~300$/day with one of those.

They can probably do both if they want to and are prepared.  But maybe they actually believe in keeping bitcoin as decentralized as possible?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:01:30 PM

Big question is: Why do they sell this stuff when they can make ~300$/day with one of those.

Quote from: BFL
Why don't you guys mine? This is a popular question.  The answer is pretty simple.  Hardware is the focus of our passion.  We're hardware designers.

If this is real, they could have a mining farm @ 1PH ready and sell 1 million dollars of preorders in one day, deliver them and start up the asic farm.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
mitty

Activity: 359

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:06:34 PM

I'm interested to see if this is real.

If so, what would be the price + shipping to USA?
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:06:51 PM

Either a good scam or legit. We will see tomorrow i guess.

We are a well established Hungarian company (Kft) with local store and pickup available, phone support, no pre-orders or holding the customers money for weeks/months.

We are a Hungary based company, started developing this project in 2012 June, finished it without ANY pre-order money at all.
Now the units are ready to ship, or to be picked up locally.

Code:
localhost:~ $ whois bitasic.com

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: BITASIC.COM
   Registrar: DYNADOT, LLC
   Whois Server: whois.dynadot.com
   Referral URL: http://www.dynadot.com
   Name Server: NS1.DYNADOT.COM
   Name Server: NS2.DYNADOT.COM
   Updated Date: 27-jun-2012
   Creation Date: 27-jun-2012
   Expiration Date: 27-jun-2013

>>> Last update of whois database: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 22:50:52 UTC <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
Registrars.
Domain Name: bitasic.com
Registered at http://www.dynadot.com

Registrant:
Edi-Green Kft.
Edi-Green Kft.
Futó u. 16.
Budapest, Budapest 1082
Hungary

Administrative Contact:
Edi-Green [b]Kft[/b].
Edi-Green Kft.
Futó u. 16.
Budapest, Budapest 1082
Hungary
primeasic@gmail.com
+36 19995748

Technical Contact:
Edi-Green Kft.
Edi-Green Kft.
Futó u. 16.
Budapest, Budapest 1082
Hungary
primeasic@gmail.com
+36 19995748

Record expires on 2013/06/27 UTC
Record created on 2012/06/27 UTC

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.dynadot.com
ns2.dynadot.com

Companies using gmail addresses always pings my scamdar, but Edi-Green has been in business since at least 2011 at that same address.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:07:28 PM

I tried to call the number in the whois, it's "not in use" (well, that way easy to guess, 9995748 is the kind of number you pseudo randomly generate writing fast on the keyboard [5748 = cross]).

Here is the google map location of their offices.

[...] but Edi-Green has been in business since at least 2011 at that same address.
Care to share your google-fu, please?

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:08:15 PM

price and payment methods accepted please.
Regards

Avalanche is a must own
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:11:07 PM

You can go to ozco.in pool, check the user top 20 and see us there:)
Mining will be stopped after our page comes live.

Why should you stop mining after your webpage goes lives?
rofni

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:12:10 PM

I'm also interested in the price.
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:12:53 PM

Hello Everyone!

I'm posting to announce our ASIC product, PrimeAsic which does up to 80Ghash/s using a little over 800W power.

Stay tuned for more info!

Can you connect 10 of your devices to that pool, so it shows about 800GH/s for primeasic, because I don't think one 78 GH/s miner on a pool proofs that much?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
repentance

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:15:32 PM

I tried to call the number in the whois, it's "not in use" (well, that way easy to guess, 9995748 is the kind of number you pseudo randomly generate writing fast on the keyboard [5748 = cross]).

Here is the google map location of their offices.

[...] but Edi-Green has been in business since at least 2011 at that same address.
Care to share your google-fu, please?

http://www.feketelista.hu/kereses-egy-konkret-cegre/cegazonositas/935804-edi+green+kereskedelmi+%C3%A9s+szolg%C3%A1ltat%C3%B3+kft/

Use Google translate.  A tax ID is given.  Someone in Europe may know how to verify it, find out who owns the company, pull up any previous business names, etc.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:17:03 PM

Quote from: BFL
Why don't you guys mine? This is a popular question.  The answer is pretty simple.  Hardware is the focus of our passion.  We're hardware designers.

At least for BFL we know now that this is a lie.

Quote from: BFL_Josh
The ASIC team is a third party we have contracted with to do the design and routing on the chip itself, they are located in California. ...

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:19:03 PM

http://www.feketelista.hu/kereses-egy-konkret-cegre/cegazonositas/935804-edi+green+kereskedelmi+%C3%A9s+szolg%C3%A1ltat%C3%B3+kft/
Use Google translate.  A tax ID is given.  Someone in Europe may know how to verify it.

We have a problem here. We have a real company.

Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:27:29 PM

Why should you stop mining after your webpage goes lives?

Because thats when its mining contract ends. They just rent enough to have the page up and ppl believe in it.
repentance

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:28:08 PM

Of course that doesn't prove they have working ASICs, but it's more confidence inspiring than the total opacity of many Bitcoin enterprises.

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:38:51 PM

Of course that doesn't prove they have working ASICs, but it's more confidence inspiring than the total opacity of many Bitcoin enterprises.

And this is somehow scaring! I really liked the way you said it, your wording, btw..

I'm only 800km away, I could drive the whole night and reach them tomorrow, to be their first client and do the affair of my life.

But I think I will simply go to sleep and follow this drama tomorrow with a truck of popcorn.

repentance

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:41:11 PM

And this is somehow scaring! Good wording anyway.

I'm only 800km away, I could drive the whole night and reach them tomorrow, to be their first client and do the affair of my life.

But I think I will simply go to sleep and follow this drama tomorrow with a truck of popcorn.

I'm pretty confident that someone will end up physically going to check this out.  Hell, someone bought one of those Lightning Miners and they seem like an obvious scam.

It would be great for Euro customers if there's a Euro ASIC vendor.

darkip

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:44:26 PM

I'm pretty confident that someone will end up physically going to check this out.
I'm in the UK so it's only a cheap flight for me.

If they can provide a reasonable price and photos, and guarantee I can see + purchase some units, I'll fly over this week.
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:49:59 PM

Why just not wait till they connect 10 devices or so to that pool, like I asked. Though it doesn't look like the Green Edi Sales and Services LLC will do so tonight.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
repentance

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:53:16 PM

Why just not wait till they connect 10 devices or so to that pool, like I asked. Though it doesn't look like the Green Edi Sales and Services LLC will do so tonight.

I agree, there's no harm in waiting a few days.  Customers having the opportunity to go and see a working unit before outlaying anything would be a first, though.

MXRider

Activity: 466

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:54:06 PM

- Pictures, connect few of them to a pool

- Price of one unit

And I will be there Wednesday morning.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: