Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:07:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PrimeAsic - 80 Ghash/sec Asic Miner [SCAM]  (Read 67012 times)
Flatlinezor

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Funny quote

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 10:25:57 PM

Hopefully enough so we can entertain ourselves with a new scammer every month Smiley

Calm sea doesn't breed skilled sailors!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 10:43:43 PM

Everyone else is making orders and hoping that this is legit.

Please tell me people aren't really this stupid..

To quote the late (late, late) Thomas Tusser:
A foole & his money,
be soone at debate:
which after with sorow,
repents him to late.

Non-poetic translation: A fool and his money are soon parted

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 10:58:41 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2013, 05:13:41 AM by Sitarow

To quote the late (late, late) Thomas Tusser:
Non-poetic translation: A fool and his money are soon parted
That is the phrase that comes to mind when I witness people throwing caution to the wind and playing into the hands of the swindler.

I have yet to receive a reply for my request to have hands on access in order to validate the claims made by "primeASIC" regarding their hardware.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 12:28:23 AM

I'm amazed that this thread has managed to grow into page 24  Cheesy

Magnate

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 08:37:00 AM

PRE-SALE SCAM UPDATE

I have had an over whelming response to my call for deposits to convince the bank to fund me for my proposed 8x 32ghs chip bit mining boards boards. So far I have received deposits from 75 excited suckers customers and only need another 25 to commit before I close this off and get on with my holiday in the Bahamas securing funding from the bank and starting to create masks etc.
Remember I am only asking for a 10% deposit now and the balance once the test wafer and sample boards have been produced.

I have been working with the PCB supplier discussing some of the ideas from customers for the mondo miner and mini mondo miner.
The mini mondo miner will have 32x32Ghs chips=1Ths, and the mondo miner twice that at 64x32Ghs=2Ths in groups of 4 for easy fitment of off the shelf coolers. They will also have full Intel I3 socket support with north and south bridges. This means each board can be user built up with coolers of your choice, ivy bridge processor of your choice (on board graphics enabled), hard drive/SSD of choice, SATA ports and plenty of USB ports. Each board is therefore completely stand alone, with OS of your choice, and will be able to act as host to other external miners.

So please I need another 25 suckers customers to throw money away deposit in my scam project so I can deliver the most non-exsistent awesome products in your dreams the next few months

Please give me your bitcoins
17b7tyxRtrwRMdzv6mpANdwhdKTd46Mri2
MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 05:17:16 PM

I received and email where PrimeAsic told me that local pick up is not possible. Scam level raised to 100%

Summary:
- Anonymous guy appears from nowhere
- He claims to have devices that even a company with several million dollars can't produce in a timely manner. On top of that he claims to have paid the whole thing from his own pocket
- He can handle the whole process of creating a bitcoin ASIC miner (500 of them) but can't answer emails, answer forum questions or design a proper website
- He uses fake address, fake company, fake phone number
- No proof of other than one unit (amateur photo)
- Units can be delivered to customer or customer can pick them up by himself. No money is needed in advance
- People make orders and some even sent money to them...
- Local pick up is not possible anymore

Case closed
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 06:08:46 PM

I received and email where PrimeAsic told me that local pick up is not possible. Scam level raised to 100%

Summary:
- He claims to have devices that even a company with several million dollars can't produce in a timely manner. On top of that he claims to have paid the whole thing from his own pocket
- He can handle the whole process of creating a bitcoin ASIC miner (500 of them) but can't answer emails, answer forum questions or design a proper website
- Units can be delivered to customer or customer can pick them up by himself. No money is needed in advance

Case closed

What's ironic is that a similar list--ten times longer--applied to Avalon, yet they delivered.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 06:11:09 PM

What's ironic is that a similar list--ten times longer--applied to Avalon, yet they delivered.
There were ZERO doubts that avalon will deliver. The question was about BFL and BASIC one is gone already second  question still remains Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 06:34:53 PM

Summary:

Case closed
I got this email from them this morning.
from "primeASIC"
Hi!
I'm sorry but due to so many request local pickup has been closed.
Let me know if you still need your miners via the postal service.
Thanks!

as you know I was 1 of the first to request local pickup or the request to validate their product.
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 06:39:23 PM

Summary:

Case closed

I had no reservations when ordering from Avalon first batch.

the only problem I faced with AVALON was the order process.

The persons involved in that project are highly skilled and passionate about what they do.

RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 06:41:02 PM

Loshia, it was you who had zero doubts. You've won your lottery ticket, but it was a kind of lottery, so don't generalize.

Phinneaus, most of the listed points didn't applied to Avalon team. They were known of FPGAs which they delivered before.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 06:46:36 PM

Loshia, it was you who had zero doubts. You've won your lottery ticket, but it was a kind of lottery, so don't generalize.

Phinneaus, most of the listed points didn't applied to Avalon team. They were known of FPGAs which they delivered before.
Dude,
I made a bet on technical skills not on adds or daily forum updates if you are following my thoughts. I have said many times and i will say it again BFL (and BAIC) is nothing more than a proxy. As we all know Proxy always talks (or most of the times) relays on upstream and when upstream dies proxy follows. I just made that comment because the Phinnaeus Gage was still trying to bash avalon.

To Phinnaeus Gage: where is the list? in Chinese forum ? we will use google translate if we had to Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 07:28:51 PM

There were ZERO doubts that avalon will deliver. The question was about BFL and BASIC one is gone already second  question still remains Grin
There have never been any legitimate doubts that BFL will deliver.
A bunch of trolls shouting "scam" does not make it so.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 07:36:34 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2013, 07:55:22 PM by loshia

There were ZERO doubts that avalon will deliver. The question was about BFL and BASIC one is gone already second  question still remains Grin

Luke,

I respect you and your work. The only way to stop us trolling is to see a proof that something happaning in BFL camp and they to start to deliver. I will sent my apologies to BFL and who feels affected buy me. No irony here if that matters at all.  Until then we will troll. I do not mean to offend you not only because you helped me once but because of your work and skills
Please excuse me ...

Just face the facts - pictures with fans, chips heat sinks are just pictures and nothing more this is the way most of us see things. Kano went there and show us air plains and buildings. Probably the initial idea was to get a prototype in order to develop cgminer. Even though he stayed longer than expected nothing came out of it. What does it mean? Shit happen again 100%. How big it is - we will never know. Yeah BFL has air plain PCb machine probably and so? just a few pictures came out of it for now. It just not making sense for me. I have sated many times that BFL is not a scam it is just a proxy that is all. It might become a sacam eventually when upstream fails. Let us hope that this will never happen not because of BFL but because of the dudes here who put their money and hopes in the company

silvalley

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 07:56:42 PM

There were ZERO doubts that avalon will deliver. The question was about BFL and BASIC one is gone already second  question still remains Grin

Luke,

I respect you and your work. The only way to stop us trolling is to see a proof that something happaning in BFL camp and they to start to deliver. I will sent my apologies to BFL and who feels affected buy me. No irony here if that matters at all.  Until then we will troll. I do not mean to offend you not only because you helped me once but because of your work and skills
Please excuse me ...

Just face the facts - pictures with fans, chips heat sinks are just pictures and nothing more this is the way most of us see things. Kano went there and show us air plains and buildings. Probably the initial idea was to get a prototype in order to develop cgminer. Even though he stayed longer than expected nothing came out of it. What does it mean? Shit happen again 100%. How big it is - we will never know. Yeah BFL has air plain PCb machine probably and so? just a few pictures came out of it for now. It just not making sense for me. I have sated many times that BFL is not a scam it is just a proxy that is all. It might become a sacam eventually when upstream fails. Let us hope that this will never happen not because of BFL but because of the dudes here who put their money and hopes in the company

good point , dude
freifallspoiler

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 07:57:13 PM

I'm pretty sure only one at this point. He used Paypal and counts on buyer's protection (I wouldn't). Everyone else is making orders and hoping that this is legit.
That was me. But I already posted that I canceled my order via email and got my money back already.

Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 08:10:41 PM

I'm pretty sure only one at this point. He used Paypal and counts on buyer's protection (I wouldn't). Everyone else is making orders and hoping that this is legit.
That was me. But I already posted that I canceled my order via email and got my money back already.

in my opinion you made the right choice.
freifallspoiler

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 08:35:17 PM

On the one hand I feel safe now and cannot be scammed any more, on the other hand...

I want a new toy!
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 08:36:12 PM

On the one hand I feel safe now and cannot be scammed any more, on the other hand...

I want a new toy!
Avalon batch 3  Wink

MXRider

Activity: 466

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 09:01:29 PM

What? PrimeAsic sent your money back? Or was the transaction somehow canceled?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: