Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:36:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin is the sleeping giant  (Read 36216 times)
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 06:05:36 PM

Here's an updated list of reasons I like Litecoin:

• Capable of four times as many transactions as Bitcoin in a ten minute period. Frankly if payment processors had adopted Litecoin in the past year current Bitcoin block discussions would be irrelevant (and likely the price of both coins higher). Anyone who has watched these discussions understands the immediate advantage of a network with larger transactional capability.  
  • Faster confirmation times. The only people who don't think this is important have never spent a single coin or they have patience that the average person does not possess.
  • Blocks are not full.
  • The faster block time of litecoin reduces the risk of double spending attacks.
  • Anti-spam.
  • Fast well established network. Current Hashrate is 2,100 GH/s. Since scrypt is memory intensive it is known to be approximately 1000 times slower hardware wise in comparison to SHA256. Fair comparison to the Bitcoin network requires multiplying that hashrate by 1000 (2,100TH/s). The fact is for most of Litecoins history the hashrate has been relatively high and secure. Those comparing it to the Bitcoin network without considering this 1k factor are either being disingenuous or just ignorant of the facts.
  • Continuous development look here at number of releases in past year: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/releases
  • Upcoming new features and active development look here for whats happening in 2016:
    https://litecoinassociation.org/data/roadmap.pdf
  • Longevity. Many coins have temporarily eclipsed litecoin as they were marketed for the purpose of increasing the fiat accounts of a small group and emptying the accounts of new users. Unfortunately this has been detrimental to crypto-space in general.
  • Great community. Definitly helps when consensus is needed.
  • Unlike bitcoin, it is possible to make changes to litecoin.
  • Fully supported by GoCoin a growing merchant payment processor used by thousands of merchants https://www.gocoin.com/ as well as other processors such as coinpayments, Asmoney, Alfacoins and Coinify
  • Liquidity. You can sell thousands and not crash the market. Maintains value. Look at the chart here indicating volume in the last 24 hours relative to other coins http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin/#markets in fact volume has remained high month after month for years.
  • The speed, liquidity and value of Litecoin is useful to traders seeking arbitrage opportunities between exchanges.
  • Now on GDAX soon to be on coinbase.
  • Upcoming release to include a on-chain adaptive block size scaling solution. This will substantially increase the transactional capacity of Litecoin.
  • Planned anonymity features for an upcoming release. https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/53c0v6/confidential_transaction_for_litecoin/
  • Fair release. In a crypto world of premined and ICO releases many appreciate this fact. The code was released well before the Genesis block was mined and everyone knew when it would be going live; therefore, individuals could anticipate and get their miners and software ready.
  • It's primary function is to be a cryptocurrency.
  • Still mineable in many western countries even after electrical costs are factored in. Here in Canada my Titans still make a profit long after shutting my Neptunes down.
  • Many low value coins can be merge mined with it increasing profits for miners
  • It will always maintain the integrity of the blockchain (no hard forks for special interests).
  • Likely the first coin to activate segwit on it's network.
  • The possibility of utilizing sidechains for smart contracts without the possibility of corrupting the original non-turing complete blockchain.
  • Potential of using the Lightning Network as a method of increasing transactional capacity.
  • Possible upcoming block size increase.
  • Security.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 06:26:33 PM

I am making about four times the profit mining LTC as I am mining BTC right now.

Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 06:49:12 PM

Here's an updated list of reasons I like Litecoin:

• Capable of four times as many transactions as Bitcoin in a ten minute period. Frankly if payment processors had adopted Litecoin in the past year current Bitcoin block discussions would be irrelevant (and likely the price of both coins higher). Anyone who has watched these discussions understands the immediate advantage of a network with larger transactional capability.  
  • Faster confirmation times. The only people who don't think this is important have never spent a single coin or they have patience that the average person does not possess.
  • Blocks are not full.
  • The faster block time of litecoin reduces the risk of double spending attacks.
  • Anti-spam.
  • Fast well established network. Current Hashrate is 2,100 GH/s. Since scrypt is memory intensive it is known to be approximately 1000 times slower hardware wise in comparison to SHA256. Fair comparison to the Bitcoin network requires multiplying that hashrate by 1000 (2,100TH/s). The fact is for most of Litecoins history the hashrate has been relatively high and secure. Those comparing it to the Bitcoin network without considering this 1k factor are either being disingenuous or just ignorant of the facts.
  • Continuous development look here at number of releases in past year: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/releases
  • Upcoming new features and active development look here for whats happening in 2016:
    https://litecoinassociation.org/data/roadmap.pdf
  • Longevity. Many coins have temporarily eclipsed litecoin as they were marketed for the purpose of increasing the fiat accounts of a small group and emptying the accounts of new users. Unfortunately this has been detrimental to crypto-space in general.
  • Great community. Definitly helps when consensus is needed.
  • Unlike bitcoin, it is possible to make changes to litecoin.
  • Fully supported by GoCoin a growing merchant payment processor used by thousands of merchants https://www.gocoin.com/ as well as other processors such as coinpayments, Asmoney, Alfacoins and Coinify
  • Liquidity. You can sell thousands and not crash the market. Maintains value. Look at the chart here indicating volume in the last 24 hours relative to other coins http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin/#markets in fact volume has remained high month after month for years.
  • The speed, liquidity and value of Litecoin is useful to traders seeking arbitrage opportunities between exchanges.
  • Now on GDAX soon to be on coinbase.
  • Upcoming release to include a on-chain adaptive block size scaling solution. This will substantially increase the transactional capacity of Litecoin.
  • Planned anonymity features for an upcoming release. https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/53c0v6/confidential_transaction_for_litecoin/
  • Fair release. In a crypto world of premined and ICO releases many appreciate this fact. The code was released well before the Genesis block was mined and everyone knew when it would be going live; therefore, individuals could anticipate and get their miners and software ready.
  • It's primary function is to be a cryptocurrency.
  • Still mineable in many western countries even after electrical costs are factored in. Here in Canada my Titans still make a profit long after shutting my Neptunes down.
  • Many low value coins can be merge mined with it increasing profits for miners
  • It will always maintain the integrity of the blockchain (no hard forks for special interests).
  • Likely the first coin to activate segwit on it's network.
  • The possibility of utilizing sidechains for smart contracts without the possibility of corrupting the original non-turing complete blockchain.
  • Potential of using the Lightning Network as a method of increasing transactional capacity.
  • Possible upcoming block size increase.
  • Security.

What information is there on this bullet point

Bitrated user: Mick.
shyliar

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:00:34 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4lngmu/what_are_the_thoughts_of_rbtc_on_litecoin/d3p6qry/

losh11 is a LTC developer. The post is from six months ago and it does seem like segwit (the next release) has taken priority. I know there was talk about a block size increase at the next halving as well so that may be in the works instead of  (that I don't know).
RollBit.io

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 09:35:05 PM

I think the only reason Litecoin is still alive is because Charlie Lee is the face of the coin. It has survived longer than anything else and is still standing strong and very liquid.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:51:51 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4lngmu/what_are_the_thoughts_of_rbtc_on_litecoin/d3p6qry/

losh11 is a LTC developer. The post is from six months ago and it does seem like segwit (the next release) has taken priority. I know there was talk about a block size increase at the next halving as well so that may be in the works instead of  (that I don't know).

I've heard Losh11 mention an adaptive blocksize increase, I don't know if I've heard it mentioned elsewhere. I believe in the latest dev update (on reddit) there was an announcement about a straight blocksize increase which was quickly removed - I think the perp was subdued with a blow to the head with a 20lb bag of hard forks then taken into custody by the blocksize police.

It seems to be all about the segwit/LN, there's no speculative interest in these activating which I find odd either these things will be really good for LTC and nobody realises it yet or they'll be really bad and everyone knows it.

Bitrated user: Mick.
shyliar

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:58:57 PM

losh11 is a LTC developer. The post is from six months ago and it does seem like segwit (the next release) has taken priority. I know there was talk about a block size increase at the next halving as well so that may be in the works instead of  (that I don't know).

I've heard Losh11 mention an adaptive blocksize increase, I don't know if I've heard it mentioned elsewhere. I believe in the latest dev update (on reddit) there was an announcement about a straight blocksize increase which was quickly removed - I think the perp was subdued with a blow to the head with a 20lb bag of hard forks then taken into custody by the blocksize police.

It seems to be all about the segwit/LN, there's no speculative interest in these activating which I find odd either these things will be really good for LTC and nobody realises it yet or they'll be really bad and everyone knows it.

My expectation will be that segwit will be good for LTC. It certainly won't hurt it at all and it will continue to function as intended. I'm sure there will be the usual naysayers; but, that's just things as usual. The LN still is in the future and speculative. The segwit release is imminent.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:59:26 PM

I am making about four times the profit mining LTC as I am mining BTC right now.
i did not know that mining Litecoin is that easy since the difficulty level is high. i would like to know what is the hardware you are using to mine litecoin and are you mining any other coin simultaneously ,Bitcoin mining is not at all a profitable hobby  Cheesy unless you have a big budget and free electricity . Smiley I really hope the price will pump back and reach a good price in the coming years.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 11:15:16 PM

when they decide to pump it they always pump it hard meaning lots of profit.

there've only been two proper pumps as far as i can tell. 2013 of course and the other one from $1-8 ish which i believe was related to some type of chinese ponzi. why aren't they doing more pumping considering even the most pathetic shitcoin (which litecoin certainly isn't) can do it multiple times this year?
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 11:22:37 PM

well up until now I haven't seen any significant movement or improvement from litecoin, I believe litecoin still got a potential, but the user is too little and most of the investor already invest in other coin, I think litecoin already dying and it is going to be hard to try to bring litecoin back

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 02:18:38 AM

i did not know that mining Litecoin is that easy since the difficulty level is high. i would like to know what is the hardware you are using to mine litecoin and are you mining any other coin simultaneously ,Bitcoin mining is not at all a profitable hobby  Cheesy unless you have a big budget and free electricity . Smiley I really hope the price will pump back and reach a good price in the coming years.

I am using a Zeusminer x2 (the two fan ones that go to around 28 mhz).   I am mining at LTCpool and I think they do mine
another coin but just add it in as 3% bonus on the top.  I would be paying for the heat anyway, so it's just on top of that.
I just started this and the rig with power supplies was $50 local.

bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 05:16:51 PM

Title = Fact.

Segwit and more to be deployed /updated jan 1st 2017.

HUGE News. Check Litecoin forums, reddit, telegram, and litecoin.org.

Big things about to happen to LTC price.

MOMENTUM IS IMMENSE.

Confimation that previous dump was shakeout before mega rally.

BUY LITECOIN NOW IF YOU'RE SMART.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 10:22:25 AM

Title = Fact.

Segwit and more to be deployed /updated jan 1st 2017.

HUGE News. Check Litecoin forums, reddit, telegram, and litecoin.org.

Big things about to happen to LTC price.

MOMENTUM IS IMMENSE.

Confimation that previous dump was shakeout before mega rally.

BUY LITECOIN NOW IF YOU'RE SMART.

This may be true, cuz from what i have read only Litecoin and Viacoin are fully integrated in segwit, is this good for them we will see after new year no other explanation or speculation he will remain same or will go up.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

dwgscale11

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 04:06:31 PM

Something is ready to happen!  Rubber banding
1enterthebtc

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 09:42:45 PM

Why all these Litecoin threads lately? There are so many other opportunities right?
andron8383

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 09:55:36 PM

Why all these Litecoin threads lately? There are so many other opportunities right?

Life as usual bagholders are making noise because of XYZ feature will blow up market.
LTC maybe will move up a bit but usually it moves before release and you sit with bag at news day.

In arbitrage and speed ETH is better than LTC.
Eth have greater volume.
There are fast coins in play all time.
That adaptive blocksize don't make any revolution to me at end.
If i had to put and chose arbitrage coin now i would go now with ETH for sure.
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 10:49:21 PM

I think the only reason Litecoin is still alive is because Charlie Lee is the face of the coin. It has survived longer than anything else and is still standing strong and very liquid.
It is not the only reason dude.It is the first script coin and there are many advantages and the best thing is the transaction speed when compared to bitcoin, the only thing about it is that it is difficult to mine like bitcoin and i am sure i will wake up in the future.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
asriloni
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1024

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:15:08 PM

the best thing is the transaction speed when compared to bitcoin, the only thing about it is that it is difficult to mine like bitcoin and i am sure i will wake up in the future.
Get your free electricity and try to mine bitcoin and you will get a decent bucks a day. Even the difficulty always increase, but it's suitable with that price. But this makes no sense although the transaction of litecoin already fast rather than bitcoin and why they are need implementing segwit.  Huh

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
couldbeangel

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:30:48 PM

litecoin has nor commercial vale at all. look how far the price dropped. 2017 will cut in half at least.
charmingfreddie

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 02:42:58 AM

define soon. you said this 6 months ago.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: