Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:45:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you like to receive your salary in BTC?  (Read 49082 times)
biggbox (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 02:38:03 AM

With the recent volatility, I am having 2nd thoughts if we should even be receiving our salary in BTC. It feels that I may be short changed within a time span of 12 hours.

Bitcoin is now a form of investment, and lesser of a digital currency for me. Like some forumers have always advocated, how do you spend gold?

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
subham1

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:40:09 AM

no i would like to get my salary in fiat...bitcoin is volatile currency thats why cannot risk my hardly earned money
MTBTT

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:59:40 AM

no i would like to get my salary in fiat...bitcoin is volatile currency thats why cannot risk my hardly earned money
yeah besides bitcoin has a very high fluctuation. we also use fiat currencies as a major in the world. so inevitably
you have to accept the payment of salaries to the bitcoin
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:01:22 AM

With the recent volatility, I am having 2nd thoughts if we should even be receiving our salary in BTC. It feels that I may be short changed within a time span of 12 hours.

Bitcoin is now a form of investment, and lesser of a digital currency for me. Like some forumers have always advocated, how do you spend gold?

Yeah that is one problem if it keeps moving. Better get fiat than bitcoin. Just change that fiat salary in bitcoin when you feel it. It should not be a forced currency rather used as a investment. Problem is people want to force to make it a currency. I dont see much movement when that happen.
Nevis

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:31:04 AM

If you are a BTC lover, would you one day like to get your paycheck 100% in BTC?

Personally I won't. Because many facilities in my area doesn't support BTC payment. Smiley I do not mind receiving, say, 20% of my pay in BTC denomination.
it depends on the situation, because the greater the BTC? yes I like BTC through just my salary, but the low value of the BTC, through your money just pay me, 😇😇😇
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:32:00 AM

Definitely would like to receive my salary in BTC. I convert my salary to bitcoins anyway usually. So if I just receive my salary in bitcoins then it would cut out the middle exchanger and make it a lot easier.

So yeah, great idea.
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:34:39 AM

If you are a BTC lover, would you one day like to get your paycheck 100% in BTC?

Personally I won't. Because many facilities in my area doesn't support BTC payment. Smiley I do not mind receiving, say, 20% of my pay in BTC denomination.
it depends on the situation, because the greater the BTC? yes I like BTC through just my salary, but the low value of the BTC, through your money just pay me, 😇😇😇

I think if it really happen its still based on USD and we can get little amount of btc if the price is high.

But for me i dont like to recieve btc as salary payments because it so hassle if we go to banks to cash out, its hassle to fall in line, fill up some forms and waiting for my priority number to be entertain thats why i must choose physical currency As salary payments it straight to the hand and we can use instantly.

praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:08:27 AM

I think that I would rather not get my salary in Bitcoins because even tho you can make extra money with them by holding them, I cannot pay anything with them.
My bills and all other stuff that need to be payed cannot be payed that way.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:28:53 AM

I do not want my salary to be in btc. Our area is rural and 99% of people here have no idea what bitcoin is. Secondly there are 5% of our municipals population have pc and 1% of that have internet. Given the condition It will cost us charges to withdraw bitcoins here since banks are very far from our area. If it will happen maybe 30 years from now when our place accepts bitcoin already.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:46:25 AM

Actually no , i dont want to receive my salary in bitcoin we all know that bitcoin has no fixed value and its price is oftenly fluctuating so it is not a good idea to get your salary that is based on bitcoin i dont want to have my salary deducted because bitcoin fluctuated to lower price what if im in a emergency and i need to withdraw my salary but it was reduced .
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:57:20 AM

yes, if we receive a salary with BTC then there are three possibilities
1. BTC when the price rises, the salary we to rise
2. BTC when the price drops, the salary we had come down
3. BTC prices stable when possible I will do altcoin trading for profit.
baomuydtab34261

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 10:17:38 AM

The price of BTC is not stable, so we can receive 20% salary with BTC ,and other use legal money,because i love BTC ,but that is not all for me .
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 11:19:21 AM

Yes, I receive 100% of my salary in bitcoins using BitWage.

I did that last year at an average bitcoin price of $250 for the year.

Why would you want your money in a currency that is made to lose value over time?

As for stability, if the price is up since your last vacation, spend the bitcoins. If the price is down, wait until your next paycheck.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 11:22:46 AM

I wouldn't mind receiving my wages in bitcoin if it was easier to pay all my utility bills with it,  at the moment though it would be more Hassle than it would be worth since id have to change half of it back to fiat again to buy my week to week items.  Besides that it would be a bit of a nuisance if the day after being paid bitcoin drops by 30 dollars or so  but it could also go the other way so swings and roundabouts i suppose.

FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:41:46 AM

As for my opinion, I prefer the BTC for my wages. I can increase the price of BTC. because when you accept your cash. cash really no hope rising. I'm right? but it just depends on the situation.

Cash/wages are meant for covering your daily regular spendings. Bitcoin in most of the cases should just be intact with exchanges to take advantages of the price fluctuations.

If in my case, I will accept bitcon instead of cash as my salary then that will just give me a doubt if I have to use it or not to support my daily needs since I care for the bitcoin price.

Just consider the bitcoin as a currency, so just like other currencies you will use your bitcoins on your daily needs whenever you need them and have to save your bitcoins if you feel now you have completed your needs and have to save.

Disagree. Im treating bitcoin more as an investment compare from being currency so spending them for daily needs will really have a hard time for me to decide.

But you know, if only most of the people will treat this as a currency then maybe I will go the flow but for now Im treating this as investment to make profits.

you treat bitcoin as a currency it means that you will leave bitcoin as soon as you get your benefit/profit from it, which is hazardous for the life of bitcoin, with this act you are going to destroy bitcoin, and those people who treat bitcoin as a currency will never ever leave bitcoin, so they are the real support of bitcoin and with them bitcoin will survive till the end of the world.
pocarime32

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:47:32 AM

Yes i would like to receive it, because the price of bitcoin is increase so high now. But if the price of bitcoin price goes down, i won't like to receive in bitcoin, haha.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 11:48:51 AM

I wouldn't mind receiving my wages in bitcoin if it was easier to pay all my utility bills with it,  at the moment though it would be more Hassle than it would be worth since id have to change half of it back to fiat again to buy my week to week items.  Besides that it would be a bit of a nuisance if the day after being paid bitcoin drops by 30 dollars or so  but it could also go the other way so swings and roundabouts i suppose.

There are some things that are easier to pay for with bitcoins in the US (like shopping at most stores and restaurants) and some things in Europe are easier (like paying bills, etc).

Most things on the Internet are easier (cheaper) to pay for with bitcoins.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:53:04 AM

Im do not like cause the value of bitcoin is not stable in that your salary would be unstable theres a time it go high and also going low.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 11:55:06 AM

Bah, I should have known better than to post to a thread that is just a bunch of signature campaigns posting the same thing.

escrowboy

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:56:04 AM

Of course yes, this might be an advantage to me because the price is keep on changing. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: