Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:52:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Foundation  (Read 127559 times)
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 07:33:29 AM

Did they PGP sign the press release at least  Wink

I hope not. They couldn't disavow it in that case.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 04:03:48 AM

I would like to suggest that we change the wording of one of the paragraphs on this page:
https://bitcoinfoundation.org/about/why

Here's the paragraph in question:

As the Bitcoin economy has evolved, we have all noticed barriers to its widespread adoption—botnets that attempt to undermine the network, hackers that threaten wallets, and an undeserved reputation stirred by ignorance and inaccurate reporting.

I think words like botnets, hackers, ignorance and inaccurate should all be left out. These are negative words. I think many normal people could be put off by using these words. Those diving into Bitcoin will learn about it soon enough, for the rest, they don't need to know much to use Bitcoin, it's like driving a car, somebody explain to you how to start it, and you don't need to know what's under the hood. While geeks may be interested in it, most people just want to pay their stuff.

Perhaps something like this could work better:
As the Bitcoin economy has evolved, we have all noticed barriers to its widespread adoption, both on a business- and user level. We work dilligently towards educating the users and businesses. The bitcoin user experience is continually being improved. We seek to work with the media to provide accurate and factual information about bitcoin.

Thus, you keep it much more positive and up to beat. I think many will avoid bitcoin simply because when they read to many negative words, they simply just jump to the next glossed up payment provider. While the original statement is not necessarily wrong, they may sound a little bit scary.

Rule number one of marketing is to make everything look nice and welcoming. Smiley We don't need to lie, but at the same time, we don't need to tell about the problems right away. There will always be assholes, but let's focus on the technology and what the Foundation can do.

Perhaps it would be good to go through the entire site by someone which profession is public PR. After all, we don't see many banks telling about their problems on their webpages, do we ?

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 10:01:47 PM

I would like to suggest that we change the wording of one of the paragraphs on this page:

As the Bitcoin economy has evolved, we have all noticed barriers to its widespread adoption—botnets that attempt to undermine the network, hackers that threaten wallets, and an undeserved reputation stirred by ignorance and inaccurate reporting.

I think words like botnets, hackers, ignorance and inaccurate should all be left out. These are negative words. I think many normal people could be put off by using these words. Those diving into Bitcoin will learn about it soon enough, for the rest, they don't need to know much to use Bitcoin, it's like driving a car, somebody explain to you how to start it, and you don't need to know what's under the hood. While geeks may be interested in it, most people just want to pay their stuff.

As the Bitcoin economy has evolved, we have all noticed barriers to its widespread adoption, both on a business- and user level. We work dilligently towards educating the users and businesses. The bitcoin user experience is continually being improved. We seek to work with the media to provide accurate and factual information about bitcoin.

Thus, you keep it much more positive and up to beat. I think many will avoid bitcoin simply because when they read to many negative words, they simply just jump to the next glossed up payment provider. While the original statement is not necessarily wrong, they may sound a little bit scary.

Rule number one of marketing is to make everything look nice and welcoming. Smiley We don't need to lie, but at the same time, we don't need to tell about the problems right away. There will always be assholes, but let's focus on the technology and what the Foundation can do.

Perhaps it would be good to go through the entire site by someone which profession is public PR. After all, we don't see many banks telling about their problems on their webpages, do we ?

great idea

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 05:05:43 AM

On a similar note, I hit a brick wall when I read the word barrier. You've soften it up considerably, and that's appreciated, but 'barrier' still comes across as too harsh. Is there a way to smooth out that particular edge?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 05:17:13 AM

On a similar note, I hit a brick wall when I read the word barrier. You've soften it up considerably, and that's appreciated, but 'barrier' still comes across as too harsh. Is there a way to smooth out that particular edge?

"we've all noticed a few speed bumps on the road to widespread adoption"

Helluva lot better! Doesn't come across as harsh. Thanks, Holliday.

~Bruno K~
Herodes

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 09:32:34 AM

I posted it here to get critisism, and I appreciate that there were good input in that regard. More heads = brighter thinking.

Now, can we have anyone at the Foundation actually looking into this ? Wording is rather important in matters like these.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 06:10:38 PM

I posted it here to get critisism, and I appreciate that there were good input in that regard. More heads = brighter thinking.

Now, can we have anyone at the Foundation actually looking into this ? Wording is rather important in matters like these.

Concur!
EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 02:26:14 AM

Indeed

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
Herodes

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 10:07:32 PM

Have the wording on the site been looked into yet ? If not, I'll try to mail the foundation soon.
luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 09:26:48 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2013, 09:57:19 PM by luffy

hi guys,
 i would like to state a thought i have about future acceptance and use of bitcoin as a currency by  ALOT
of people.
My concerne is that bitcoin cannot continue to grow with current form and name
(since 21 milions is the hard limit).
People are used for decades to use as a currency "something" that has 3,4,5,...etc digit value.
For example we say i get 100 dollars or i pay a thousand euros for this and that.
You can understand now my thinking, you cannot convince someone to get or pay 0.000001 btc
even if this figure equals thousand of dollars!
Not even if you represent it as a fraction (mBTC), it just doesn't sounds right. I believe it is psychological.
That is why i believe that BTC should change form or name (like "satoshi") that some sites
are using to represent 0.00000001 btc
(i have 270000 satoshis in this site and i feel already rich :p )
I may be wrong about it but if i am right then BTC should continue to be promoted as "satoshi" or any other name,
exchanges and all the sites should accept and use "satoshi".
I hope it isn't too late and i hope i posted my thought in the right thread  Smiley

p.s. perhaps something for your spring meeting if not already discussed or it isn't in the agenta  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60]
  Print  

Jump to: