Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:21:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395420 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MrCluster87

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 11:56:09 AM

So the Ethereum HF went trhough yesterday.

Can we start talking about serious business now?  Happy first week snapshot  Wink !!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:52:06 PM

Can we start talking about serious business now?  Happy first week snapshot  Wink !!!

Happy first week snapshot too! I see the Ardor counting up in my account.  Cheesy
wolffang

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 02:58:34 PM

Join the Chain: Blockchain Technology for All via #infotainnews #Ardor #Nxt
http://infotainmentnews.net/2016/07/21/join-chain-blockchain-technology/
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:02:15 PM

Happy first week snapshot too! I see the Ardor counting up in my account.  Cheesy

yes they are knocking on the door of my wallet. soon the can come on. and remember: let the right one in.
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 03:07:32 PM

Bitcoin Lecture - Advanced Concepts in Blockchain Design
by Lior Yaffe R&D team leader at Software AG and NXT core developer

Electra Tower, Yigal Alon 98, Tel Aviv-Yafo (map)

Large Lecture Hall (end of corridor)

Agenda:

19:00-19:30 - Gathering and refreshments
    19:30-20:45 - Advanced Concepts in Blockchain Design (Lior Yaffe)
    20:45-21:30 - Free discussion

NXT is one of the first alternative blockchain platforms to offer a feature set that expands on the original one implemented in Bitcoin.

In this talk, we will discuss some advanced concepts that have made it into NXT's design, such as: Proof of Stake, Brain Wallets, Forging, Prunable data, The Ardor platform, Smart transactions and hard fork management.

We will also demonstrate hands-on usage of the platform and wallet.

The talk will be given in English.

http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/events/232620342/

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
exia911

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 11:32:22 PM

Been reading up on nxt and the ardor launch. how is the ardor different from nxt or ethereum? i like the childchain concept.
oneredpanther

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 01:16:38 AM

After watching for a while i guess i need to jump on this train before it gets to far down the line! i am loving the ideas and the solid workmanship of this coin!

Looks like you just made some money if you got in when you posted! Cheesy
StolenCoinSalesman

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 01:27:09 AM

After watching for a while i guess i need to jump on this train before it gets to far down the line! i am loving the ideas and the solid workmanship of this coin!

Looks like you just made some money if you got in when you posted! Cheesy

And you will make a ton more if you hold onto it.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 02:26:02 AM

Although, logically, most people on these threads are interested in these developments with an eye on the NXT price (and dumping by the millions on new buyers, of course), I would like to understand a little bit more of what really it is going on here, with this new asset-to-become-token-to-become-stock-over-a-year-from-now that you guys call ARDOR and that, as far as I understand, is just NXT 2.0 in the same way that Windows 8's new version is called Windows 10. Please do correct me if I am wrong in this, so far.

If I am not (wrong), allow me to chapeau you for the scheme (win-win-win solution) in which a few people with a lot of down-and-out NXT coins (and I mean A LOT... and growing quickly since they collect the practical totality of new coins being forged) is being able to dump millions of coins for over triple the price it had a few weeks ago... a feat that wouldn't have been even remotely achieved without the invention of the asset/token. And no one will exactly complain since all the NXT holders, whether they keep it or dump it, will be very happy and grateful for the pumped price. Once again: chapeau. Amazingly smart.

And from very smart people, I expect more too, so the great selling of NXT 2.0 I believe is backed up by great features with a great future. But, as a layman, here is where I -and I am going to presume that most too-, get a bit lost. So I'd appreciate some explanations, please.

-- In layman's terms, what is a "child chain" and what exactly does it do ... beyond being a shorthand for the real thing and, consequently, faster in the transmission/recording of data. Specifically, give me three examples if you will, practical ones, of real-world use of a "child chain".

-- I understand that users of these "child chains" will have to pay for them. To who? and through/depending on what?

-- In what way, if any, are those "new" features listed in the OP, any different from the currently widely available so-called "smart contracts" and "decentralized markets"?

I would appreciate clear explanations and current times use case scenarios. I am not trying to be critical, just understand what is it that you are selling here that is not a new name for the otherwise usual development of the NXT project.

Additionally, I would be very interested in knowing many more details about the "more professionalized" new stage of the project. I know you are not deliberately being secretive about it but it would be nice to know much better the new core development team (like names and photos, as well as well deserved bragging rights for previous achievements). All of that would no doubt contribute to enhance the pumping effect this new stage has already brought. And that's what everyone wants, isn't it?
jackychan

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

The future will be Digital

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 03:26:37 AM

This is vey interesting platform ,wish will have bright future

freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 06:31:21 AM

as far as I understand, is just NXT 2.0 in the same way that Windows 8's new version is called Windows 10. Please do correct me if I am wrong in this, so far.

From the history of Windows I am familiar with: 95, 98, 2000, NT, XP, Vista, 7, 8 your understanding of Nxt 1.0 - Nxt 2.0 differences is completely off base. Is Windows 10 that much more different from 8 than 8 from 7 or XP?

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 06:52:50 AM

as far as I understand, is just NXT 2.0 in the same way that Windows 8's new version is called Windows 10. Please do correct me if I am wrong in this, so far.

From the history of Windows I am familiar with: 95, 98, 2000, NT, XP, Vista, 7, 8 your understanding of Nxt 1.0 - Nxt 2.0 differences is completely off base. Is Windows 10 that much more different from 8 than 8 from 7 or XP?

That's hardly the point but yes, if you get to know the different versions of the system and depending of your usage of it, there are very significant differences between some of those, especially the most recent one. That was for illustrative purposes only though but since you bring it up maybe I should clarify it a bit more: If instead of calling it an asset-token-share, it would have been added to the set of tools already in NXT and called NXT 2.0, we will have exactly the same thing within just one name instead of 2? I hope the question is clearer now and easier to answer...
martismartis
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 07:16:35 AM

That's hardly the point but yes, if you get to know the different versions of the system and depending of your usage of it, there are very significant differences between some of those, especially the most recent one. That was for illustrative purposes only though but since you bring it up maybe I should clarify it a bit more: If instead of calling it an asset-token-share, it would have been added to the set of tools already in NXT and called NXT 2.0, we will have exactly the same thing within just one name instead of 2? I hope the question is clearer now and easier to answer...

NXT 2.0/Ardor is completely new and fundamentally different type of blockhain, just using all present NXT 1.0 features on childchains. Using microsoft OS comaprison, I think its is DOS (NXT 1.0) and Windows (NXT 2.0/Ardor). Here is very rough and ugly infographics, explaining how it will look like:

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 07:33:45 AM

^^^ Thank you for trying but your infographics doesn't help me understand, even remotely, sorry. I take though that the DOS-WINDOWS comparison is, in fact, what I thought it was. In other words, that it wasn't at all necessary to add a new name to the project and it could have worked exactly the same under the same one, with or without the 2.0.

It would be very nice to understand exactly what these "childchains" can do in the actual world. And I'm sure I will eventually get it when I see regular companies -as opposed to digital concepts- and individuals using it for practical, day to day purposes. But, since we are in a controversial election year here in the US, exactly how that would have a use for Ardor or whatever you want to call it? There's already software in place in the booths and every interested individual or organization is aware that that software not only can but has been (admitted before a commission in the US Congress) manipulated. Now, exactly how would a child or no child chain work to ensure that every vote is properly counted? Maybe breaking down my questions to specific details it'll be easier to get them answered?

The other question is who will pay for it (and the obvious work of actually get it, whatever it is, fully tested and implemented) and to whom since no physical individual will be involved in this whole process, other than in the part of those who secure the service?

Again thank you for trying but if it cannot be explained in very basic, layman's terms, it is a waste of time and effort.
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 07:33:56 AM

Is there a way to verify that a snapshot of our nxt accounts have been taken?
Click a node with OpenAPI on http://www.peerexplorer.com/nodes, and click Open Wallet GUI, Returning user, and enter you NXT address (not your passphrase). Then click on Ardor Distribution Status.

Thank you for the help!  Much appreciated Smiley  But why is my current balance only .08% of my expected balance?  Can anyone explain this?
habraken

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 07:48:05 AM

Again thank you for trying but if it cannot be explained in very basic, layman's terms, it is a waste of time and effort.

No it isn't. Try explaining how email works to a layman in the 90's. This tech right now is not aimed at laymen.

Read this, written by the core dev: https://nxt.org/nxt-2-0-overview/ where FXT = Ardor.
martismartis
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 07:52:27 AM

Is there a way to verify that a snapshot of our nxt accounts have been taken?
Click a node with OpenAPI on http://www.peerexplorer.com/nodes, and click Open Wallet GUI, Returning user, and enter you NXT address (not your passphrase). Then click on Ardor Distribution Status.

Thank you for the help!  Much appreciated Smiley  But why is my current balance only .08% of my expected balance?  Can anyone explain this?

Snapshot is calculated every 60 blocks and status updated every 720 blocks. There will be 2160 snapshots in total during snapshotting period, so current ardor balance is the 1/2160 of your NXT balance every 60 blocks, just status in client updates every 720 blocks. Hope this explains Smiley
durerus

Activity: 321
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:37:12 AM

Easy explanation in layman terms: HODL till the end and you will get 100%. Too complicated? Buy gold at your local coinshop.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 10:00:23 AM

No it isn't. Try explaining how email works to a layman in the 90's. This tech right now is not aimed at laymen.

Read this, written by the core dev: https://nxt.org/nxt-2-0-overview/ where FXT = Ardor.

I disagree: Explaining e-mail in layman's terms in the 90's, even the 1890's, couldn't have been simpler: Just like regular mail, only instant. They surely wouldn't have understood how it was possible but would immediately have understood what it actually does.

I'll go further and explain to you something maybe possible in the future that is not possible now and I am sure you will understand: Teletransportation. It's like flying from one place to another only without having to leave the current position to get to the new one. It is simple and clear enough.

What I am asking is exactly which current activity, or service, in whatever environment, be it individual, a company or a nation, can be vastly, evidently to anyone -AND VIABLY- improved by the usage of these childchains, in practical, current purposes of situations. And I offered an example that, apparently, is already in use (by Democracy Now). If you don't know, I'd appreciate if you don't contribute to the confusion. Otherwise, I'd appreciate any real knowledge. Thanks.
habraken

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 10:44:14 AM

I disagree: Explaining e-mail in layman's terms in the 90's, even the 1890's, couldn't have been simpler: Just like regular mail, only instant. They surely wouldn't have understood how it was possible but would immediately have understood what it actually does.

I'll go further and explain to you something maybe possible in the future that is not possible now and I am sure you will understand: Teletransportation. It's like flying from one place to another only without having to leave the current position to get to the new one. It is simple and clear enough.

What I am asking is exactly which current activity, or service, in whatever environment, be it individual, a company or a nation, can be vastly, evidently to anyone -AND VIABLY- improved by the usage of these childchains, in practical, current purposes of situations. And I offered an example that, apparently, is already in use (by Democracy Now). If you don't know, I'd appreciate if you don't contribute to the confusion. Otherwise, I'd appreciate any real knowledge. Thanks.

Read https://nxt.org/nxt-2-0-overview/ .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: