Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:26:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395411 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wolffang

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 05:13:39 AM

If you have missed the live interview of @Damelon on CORE tv about the Ardor platform yesterday:
https://youtu.be/Dzt59pkBYnU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luis77

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 05:25:58 AM

I have 70000 nxt and have been forgin for more than 5 days and never get anything.  Do you know why could it be?
You can also join a forging pool

Can you explain an easy way to join a forging pool? More commons and trusteds?

If I join one and they have for example 1million nxt forgin and i have there 1% in nxt if they take a profit/fee/reward of for example 1000 nxt I will get 1% of that= 10nxt? Is that the way it works?

I have 70000 nxt and have been forgin for more than 5 days and never get anything.  Do you know why could it be?

You need to wait until redemption period is over.

He is talking about forging a block in general. With 70k you might forge a block once a week by my guess. I like the forging bounty but it would be nice if they sent coins to people who are putting up the effort to forge with small amounts.

Yeah, Ardor is going good I already have like 9k , but what I was talking about is was about forging nxt, I have this account since 2 years ago with something like 14k-10k nxt and Ive been triying to forge like maybe 400-700 hours in this 2 years and never get anything.

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 11:09:18 AM

such generosity in NXT forging

3000 NXT / month, here I come

freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 11:34:58 AM

I have 70000 nxt and have been forgin for more than 5 days and never get anything.  Do you know why could it be?

You will generate a block, don't give up.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
PotShot-RSA

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 12:23:21 PM

If I join one and they have for example 1million nxt forgin and i have there 1% in nxt if they take a profit/fee/reward of for example 1000 nxt I will get 1% of that= 10nxt? Is that the way it works?

This pool has 30 million nxt forging: http://pool.nxtcrypto.org/howto.html
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 12:30:43 PM

The price made me laugh out loud this morning  Cheesy

Why? Is there a reason why we should be laughing? I think it is still too high to get in at these price. I am still awaiting for it to go down and have a fair bargain before buying.

I kinda expected it to go back down to 2k sat to be honest, not sure if it's gonna get there any time soon.
Also, I am getting about 150 NXT/day forging now, which is awesome

On what basis?

Holding NXT means you get Ardor, the more NXT you hold (the door), the more Ardor you get. This should act to increase demand in NXT, so a falling NXT price right now would not make sense. There may be a sharp fall in price in September running up to the Ardor distribution but they might be counteracted by late comers trying to get in the door through FOMO.

I feel the wider crypto community are ignorant to the Ardor release and many will be waking up as volume increases.

I have pointed out this before that we can use the price of NXT as a barometer to measure the interest in Ardor. If there is not much demand in NXT then we can see that not many people are interested in Ardor. Right now we are seeing that the NXT community got in to buy and hold NXT. We still have not seen outside the NXT community because there is not much chatter in the forum about Ardor. Everyone is busy talking about ETC and before that STEEM.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
habraken

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:30:40 PM

Why? Is there a reason why we should be laughing? I think it is still too high to get in at these price. I am still awaiting for it to go down and have a fair bargain before buying.

I kinda expected it to go back down to 2k sat to be honest, not sure if it's gonna get there any time soon.

On what basis?

Holding NXT means you get Ardor, the more NXT you hold (the door), the more Ardor you get. This should act to increase demand in NXT, so a falling NXT price right now would not make sense. There may be a sharp fall in price in September running up to the Ardor distribution but they might be counteracted by late comers trying to get in the door through FOMO.

I feel the wider crypto community are ignorant to the Ardor release and many will be waking up as volume increases.

I have pointed out this before that we can use the price of NXT as a barometer to measure the interest in Ardor. If there is not much demand in NXT then we can see that not many people are interested in Ardor. Right now we are seeing that the NXT community got in to buy and hold NXT. We still have not seen outside the NXT community because there is not much chatter in the forum about Ardor. Everyone is busy talking about ETC and before that STEEM.

The ARDR tokens will be tradeable soon after 12 October. Maybe some people don't buy NXT now to get 'free' ARDR (and maybe dump their NXT), but will buy ARDR at market prices without buying NXT now.
atchoum6760
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:21:49 PM

This is a great project !

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 05:57:30 PM

On what basis?

You are quite right, I believe, regarding price/barometer. But you forget the most important and the determining factor in NXT, since practically the very beginning: The fat wallets owners have one (logical) purpose. One only: To cash in on their holdings as fast (but orderly) as possible. Wouldn't you? They own many millions, tens of millions of it. And they won't be wealthy until they sell, at a decent price, most of their holdings. So the selling pressure is absolutely constant. At any price. And, logically, sucks up every wave of buying. The market doesn't allow for more of what has happened in the last few weeks (much bigger fish to catch) and therefore the price will continue going down... all the way to where it was before the Ardor announcement. No one of the small fish is selling (they are all accumulating ARDR), but the fat wallets are selling as much as they can and as quickly as they can. Like I said, they do it in an orderly fashion to keep the price from nosediving, but the selling is relentless. That was before ARDR and continues now that the influx from current holders have subside. That's how NXT "works".

As for Ardor itself, I have been trying to understand what it is and I believe I have it, finally. It's just a relative small advance in the same already existent technology. I guess what I was hoping for was some kind of actual REAL WORLD use of it. There's none. It isn't a technology that is going to be used by any real company. Any bank. Any retailer. Any exchange. Any country. It is a technology that will be used -as it is already- in the "Asset exchange", which is basically trading between a minimal group of people "assets" of no value or relevance in the real world. Or by chimeric "customers", such as NAUT or the Democracy thing that no country will ever use in the real world. So, again, it is something sold only to the exact same of convinced people with the exact same amount of resources but that is no closer to any mainstream use than it was two and a half years ago. Oh, and yes, the blockchain technology is being pushed in the real world, but it is being pushed (studied, experimented with...) by big REAL companies that will eventually come up with ready-to-implement solutions that will be sold to all the big companies (REAL ones) that are going to implement it.

As for the idea of decentralization... well, let's just say it is never, ever going to happen in the real world. Ever. And for good, evident reasons.

So now I finally understand that all the speak here -and in other boards- is directed at the "cult", not at the real world. But isn't it fun?
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 06:51:28 PM

^^^^^^
All is good, we heard your opinion. Don't waste your time here and move to other crypto with REAL WORLD use of it, if you know such Smiley
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 08:47:36 PM

When will documentation  on Ardor's API come out?

Also has there been any word on the cost ( in Ardor ) to start a chain  or what the cost ( in Ardor ) would be for child chains   to be attached to the main chain  ( i assume this will be a daily maintenance fee )  but if not   how would this work?

freshman777

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 08:56:01 PM

When will documentation  on Ardor's API come out?

Also has there been any word on the cost ( in Ardor ) to start a chain  or what the cost ( in Ardor ) would be for child chains   to be attached to the main chain  ( i assume this will be a daily maintenance fee )  but if not   how would this work?

The devs' plan is to launch Ardor on testnet around December and run it on testnet for 6 months, API will be released at that time and developed all through the testnet period in I assume. The fees too.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 09:17:16 PM

On what basis?

You are quite right, I believe, regarding price/barometer. But you forget the most important and the determining factor in NXT, since practically the very beginning: The fat wallets owners have one (logical) purpose. One only: To cash in on their holdings as fast (but orderly) as possible. Wouldn't you? They own many millions, tens of millions of it. And they won't be wealthy until they sell, at a decent price, most of their holdings. So the selling pressure is absolutely constant. At any price. And, logically, sucks up every wave of buying. The market doesn't allow for more of what has happened in the last few weeks (much bigger fish to catch) and therefore the price will continue going down... all the way to where it was before the Ardor announcement. No one of the small fish is selling (they are all accumulating ARDR), but the fat wallets are selling as much as they can and as quickly as they can. Like I said, they do it in an orderly fashion to keep the price from nosediving, but the selling is relentless. That was before ARDR and continues now that the influx from current holders have subside. That's how NXT "works".

As for Ardor itself, I have been trying to understand what it is and I believe I have it, finally. It's just a relative small advance in the same already existent technology. I guess what I was hoping for was some kind of actual REAL WORLD use of it. There's none. It isn't a technology that is going to be used by any real company. Any bank. Any retailer. Any exchange. Any country. It is a technology that will be used -as it is already- in the "Asset exchange", which is basically trading between a minimal group of people "assets" of no value or relevance in the real world. Or by chimeric "customers", such as NAUT or the Democracy thing that no country will ever use in the real world. So, again, it is something sold only to the exact same of convinced people with the exact same amount of resources but that is no closer to any mainstream use than it was two and a half years ago. Oh, and yes, the blockchain technology is being pushed in the real world, but it is being pushed (studied, experimented with...) by big REAL companies that will eventually come up with ready-to-implement solutions that will be sold to all the big companies (REAL ones) that are going to implement it.

As for the idea of decentralization... well, let's just say it is never, ever going to happen in the real world. Ever. And for good, evident reasons.

So now I finally understand that all the speak here -and in other boards- is directed at the "cult", not at the real world. But isn't it fun?

Ardor's key achievement is the ability to have your own blockchain in a easy to fabricate fashion.   Currently to make your own chain, you have dive into code , manually change parameters and add any additional feature that you might want,  ensure that feature is secure and works as intended , compile the code,  run your own chains,   ally with enough people who you hope won't screw you over in the low node/mining power phase of the development of your chain.  and the list goes on and on.  

As for real world uses:    Here is one off the top of my head:    Think of a block chain based Udemy,   classes and books are stored in encrypted files on the data cloud.   Only those that paid for access to the file can access it  ( read only ),  ardor secures the system preventing double spend.   In the current solution the bad actor only needs to attack the central servers controlled by udemy  ( for access to all )  or a specific user ( for access to what they have access to ).   Ardor can't prevent the latter,  but the former  becomes a lot harder  because of the decentralized nature of the platform ( i.e. needing consensus that the person requesting is credentialed for access ).

Another, one which I am currently working on,  would be a record of organization meeting minutes.     These often are public documents that even in todays day and age are hard to track down.  With a child chain,  you can have the organization send the meeting minutes to a burn address ( genesis block if these child chains are nxt clones ).   The minutes are stored there and  when someone wants to look at them all they have to do is  search the organizations public address in a block explorer-like  app.    This would be a great use of  child chains,  as  public record/historical documents  need to be safeguarded against  bad actors from changing their contents.  ( my work is not on nxt/ardor,  but getting a frontend ready to hook on to the chain, hence the asking of when api docs being released. )

Yes, technically these features can be done on ardor itself  ( and nxt  as well ),  but hosting all these on one chain creates  bloat  ( makes it harder for transaction times and block chain syncing )  and disorganization  (  look at the wide variety of entries in any part of nxt ( data cloud, asset exchange, marketplace etc. ) to see what I mean.  

Childchains allow categorization by function and distribution of load,   so in that sense it is a big step for crypto.
freshman777

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 09:51:31 PM

[Another, one which I am currently working on,  would be a record of organization meeting minutes.    

You really ought to ask about API changes in nxtforum.org, I heard something to the tune that the API will not change much but you'll need to add the chain id to the request.

luis77

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 12:11:02 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2016, 12:21:42 AM by luis77

I have 70000 nxt and have been forgin for more than 5 days and never get anything.  Do you know why could it be?

Thanks, will try that.  How many a month do you think I could be possible to forge with 74K NXT?

luis77

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 12:17:58 AM

Where can I see how many Ardors I have on Poloniex?

Did I "generated" Ardor in polo if I have it in open orders?

PotShot-RSA

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 12:27:37 AM

Thanks, will try that.  How many a month do you think I could be possible to forge with 74K NXT?

I guess maybe 20, but it will vary.
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 12:39:06 AM

@polycryptoblog, thank you for post #454, helped me understand more easily, sounds exciting stuff
StolenCoinSalesman

Activity: 385

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 12:46:16 AM

On what basis?

The constant sale pressure I have seen over the past few weeks. Multiple times nxt has hit 1000 btc volume yet stuggles once it gets past 4500 sat only to be push back to 3900 sat range multiple times.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 07:10:51 AM

I think there might be some exaggeration in the statement of constant selling of millions. Since NXT was as low as 1000 sat, I expect a lot of people cashing out at blazing 300% gains. Whales have been around for ages, and the NXT ATH has been much higher than it is today, while the distribution used to be much worse due to rules of entropy.

You think whales don't profit from a tenfolding or hundreadfolding? You think they don't care? They have so much funds they can manipulate, if not create, the entire market.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: