News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is €1000,- a lot of money?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Soo, I'm planning on buying €1000 in bitcoins. Yes or no?  (Read 18041 times)
User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:32:10 PM

I think nowdays people should invest more than ever.
Microsof accepting BTC now, Japan using it soon?

It is true that you can add money to your Mircosoft account using Bitcoins. But the second statement is just a rumor. The Japanese government is not going to use Bitcoins anytime in the near future, because BTC is a direct competitor to the JPY.

Under what rock have you been hiding? Explain these:

Countdown: Bitcoin Will Be a Legal Method of Payment in Japan in Two Months
Bitcoin Accepting Shops in Japan Increase Drastically, by 4.5x
20 000 merchants accepting Bitcoin in Japan

Please don't be, like, ".. but they are not using it as a currency." because no government ever will. It will just be a legal payment method but it will not replace their fiat currency. Fiat currency is very essential to the government and there's no reason for them to replace their fiat currency with bitcoin since bitcoin isn't mainstream yet. But certainly they are starting to accept or already accepting bitcoins now.

Nothing special there. Bitcoins are already legal in countries such as Singapore and the United States. The status of the crypto-currency will be legalized. That is it[1]. But you can't say that "Japan is using it soon"[2]. Some of the Japanese are already using it, and the latest development will make hardly any difference.[3]

Funny how I just proved your point wrong using facts and links of them and you just said "nothing special there" Roll Eyes About the latest updates in the technology we can expect that rich countries like Singapore and the US will have it first.

[1] That's it? It's not a "that's it" thing because the concept of bitcoin definitely is not the same as the government's centralized system. From our point of view, it's pretty obvious that bitcoin users don't want to use fiat anymore and are well-aware of the fiat slavery going on in the system. It's not a "that's it" thing just because you saw Singapore and the US has accepted it. There's far more many countries and all these countries will have different opinion on something as big as bitcoin.

[2] Why? I don't see any reason why I cannot or shouldn't.

[3] Of course some Japanese have been using it. Just like how a couple of people in other countries are using it. Small amount of people using bitcoins in a country don't matter at all since all the rest are still using fiat and aren't aware of bitcoins at all. The latest development or implementation for bitcoin being a legal payment method will surely make a huge difference since it will make all the other Japanese people that something like bitcoins is existing and they can use it. And since Japan is one of the countries people look up to, if they started using bitcoins, other people might use it as well.

Does that mean that you can pay taxes with BTC ?

If yes this would be quite an big step for BTC

[could be your ad]
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 10:49:37 PM

For me, this is kind of a huge investment, but should I actually do it?

What are the risks of doing this?

I hope you actually took the plunge and did the investment, you would be up for more than double the money. So here you have it, that was an easy way to double your money. Often people ask "how do I double my bitcoins?" this was yet another demonstration of buy bitcoin and hold until it doubles. I just hope you don't sell yet, big things to come into the future.
SpiritOfLife

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 06:59:51 AM

today is best to sell our bitcoin, not to buying, better waiting price fall to under $500 again in this year.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 04:03:49 PM

I think nowdays people should invest more than ever.
Microsof accepting BTC now, Japan using it soon?

It is true that you can add money to your Mircosoft account using Bitcoins. But the second statement is just a rumor. The Japanese government is not going to use Bitcoins anytime in the near future, because BTC is a direct competitor to the JPY.

Under what rock have you been hiding? Explain these:

Countdown: Bitcoin Will Be a Legal Method of Payment in Japan in Two Months
Bitcoin Accepting Shops in Japan Increase Drastically, by 4.5x
20 000 merchants accepting Bitcoin in Japan

Please don't be, like, ".. but they are not using it as a currency." because no government ever will. It will just be a legal payment method but it will not replace their fiat currency. Fiat currency is very essential to the government and there's no reason for them to replace their fiat currency with bitcoin since bitcoin isn't mainstream yet. But certainly they are starting to accept or already accepting bitcoins now.

Nothing special there. Bitcoins are already legal in countries such as Singapore and the United States. The status of the crypto-currency will be legalized. That is it. But you can't say that "Japan is using it soon". Some of the Japanese are already using it, and the latest development will make hardly any difference.
Definitely yes, it’s value is expected to rise soon. Keeping your money with you won’t help you. Try converting them in bit coins and you never know your money gets doubled. As japan has given some statements on accepting this crypto currency and I really hope this works well for all the users and investors here.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:46:05 PM

today is best to sell our bitcoin, not to buying, better waiting price fall to under $500 again in this year.

You're dreaming, do you know what time is it? It's bitcoins time and the prices keeps soaring higher across all the major exchanges so if you're yet waiting for it to fall to $500 then you're late and not updated.
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:15:13 PM

For me, this is kind of a huge investment, but should I actually do it?

What are the risks of doing this?
The risk would be losing money. If you can afford to do this than it my be a profitable investment, however don't invest more that you can lose (this applies to most all investments). The best answer comes from you or maybe an expert in this area, not random people on the internet.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 08:51:11 PM

if you realize that you are fine with the risk then you can buy €1000 in bitcoins but first, you need to make sure that when you buy bitcoin, the price is in the bottom of the price so if there is decrease price for more, you can still buy another bitcoin to get more amount.
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:53:52 PM

So today is March 2017. Around 7 months from op. Did op bought btc worth of 1k eur back then? Would have been more than 40% growth iirc.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 03:24:29 AM

So today is March 2017. Around 7 months from op. Did op bought btc worth of 1k eur back then? Would have been more than 40% growth iirc.
Well, the OP was las active today so if you want to know you could send him a PM and ask if he followed through with the idea of investing in bitcoin back in the day, if he did he made big earnings so I hope he did.
agamasrori

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 03:48:34 AM

if you realize that you are fine with the risk then you can buy €1000 in bitcoins but first, you need to make sure that when you buy bitcoin, the price is in the bottom of the price so if there is decrease price for more, you can still buy another bitcoin to get more amount.
if he wants to get more bitcoin. he may not buy bitcoin at one time. I think the appropriate strategy to buy bitcoin is the method dolllar cost averaging, so buy bitcoin on a pre-determined schedule. for example, he bought bitcoin worth € 300 per month, every 1st.
that's my opinion.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
olyaru

Activity: 275

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 10:07:41 AM

if he wants to get more bitcoin. he may not buy bitcoin at one time. I think the appropriate strategy to buy bitcoin is the method dolllar cost averaging, so buy bitcoin on a pre-determined schedule. for example, he bought bitcoin worth € 300 per month, every 1st.
that's my opinion.
If you look at the statistics of growth and falling bitcoin, it is possible to calculate the times when these fluctuations take place every year at the same time. It is in such times, you need to buy a bitcoin.
The_Dark_Knight

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:03:58 AM

This is easily done by just looking at some charts and by looking at the historical price of bitcoin, with both of those tools determining if we are in a high point or a low point is relatively easy and we can choose the best moment to buy.
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:54:42 PM

As with any investment, there is always a little bit of a risk. If you are looking to make money in the long term (at least a few years), it does not matter if you invest when Bitcoin is at 1100 or perhaps 1150. I believe that the price will naturally increase rapidly. However, if you are thinking short term, now is probably not the right time since Bitcoin is close to an all time high (so very risky if you are investing short term).
Alfa123

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 06:39:15 PM

Now is a very good time to buy bitcoins. The price goes down. And you need to wait a bit and buy bitcoins. I'm sure that soon the price will go up again
The_Dark_Knight

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:40:49 AM

As with any investment, there is always a little bit of a risk. If you are looking to make money in the long term (at least a few years), it does not matter if you invest when Bitcoin is at 1100 or perhaps 1150. I believe that the price will naturally increase rapidly. However, if you are thinking short term, now is probably not the right time since Bitcoin is close to an all time high (so very risky if you are investing short term).
Correct this is the mistake investors made when they bought bitcoin when bitcoin was in an all time high a few years ago only to see the price fall very rapidly, probably some just accept it the losses and move on while others keep holding in the hope of a recovery.
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 06:08:54 AM

It still matters since it's your starting point. Supposed that you bought at $1100, and exactly ten years from now, you're going to sell your coins and at that time, the price was just $1200. That's just $100 profit for every coin and $10 profit for each year. It's 1% gain per year.

The price might increase rapidly, but what really matters is the time that you're going to sell your coins and the time that you bought them. Whatever happens in between is irrelevant since you didn't sell at those times. This is why you should always check out the latest news to whatever coin you invested in. Like I said, supposed that you invested at $1100, and after ten years the price was just $1200. If you checked the news more, then maybe you were able to sell at a much higher price in between the time you bought your coins and the time that you planned to sell them.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Intristing

Activity: 227

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:55:46 AM

It still matters since it's your starting point. Supposed that you bought at $1100, and exactly ten years from now, you're going to sell your coins and at that time, the price was just $1200. That's just $100 profit for every coin and $10 profit for each year. It's 1% gain per year.

The price might increase rapidly, but what really matters is the time that you're going to sell your coins and the time that you bought them. Whatever happens in between is irrelevant since you didn't sell at those times. This is why you should always check out the latest news to whatever coin you invested in. Like I said, supposed that you invested at $1100, and after ten years the price was just $1200. If you checked the news more, then maybe you were able to sell at a much higher price in between the time you bought your coins and the time that you planned to sell them.

If the past performance is of any indication, it rises on average 3 times every year. So it will be $27,000 in three years.
Wesimon

Activity: 406

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 03:06:07 PM

It will be a very huge investment tho. But as long as you focused in that huge investment of yours, you must consider everything so that you'll be sure that your investment will profit. But based on the performance of bitcoin nowadays, I think it very ideal to buy it.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
Zisove28

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 09:24:11 PM

It will be a very huge investment tho. But as long as you focused in that huge investment of yours, you must consider everything so that you'll be sure that your investment will profit. But based on the performance of bitcoin nowadays, I think it very ideal to buy it.

I am sure that it will be profitable to buy bitcoins for several more years. The price of bitcoin rasteyi and multiplies our capital
Intristing

Activity: 227

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:30:54 AM

I am sure that it will be profitable to buy bitcoins for several more years. The price of bitcoin rasteyi and multiplies our capital

Not necessary true. If the bitcoin transaction fee is too high, people will use altcoins to do the transactions. So bitcoin price will not go much higher.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: