Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:44:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WAVES : Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 49041 times)
ccs5t

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:32:26 PM

I am still debating whether I supported a scam here? There is hardly any volume and the price keeps crashing. If there were in fact any buy walls how could this be possible?

Have buy walls been used yet? Or is the dev team waiting to use them?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thegreenone

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:39:52 PM

Okay guys. The main cause of the problem was in the fact that the nodes start to blacklisting each other. After that, Waves team solved the problem and started a new blockchain synchronization. Presumably syncing will end in ≈5 hours http://wavesexplorer.com

Please wait, and again I apologize for the inconvenience.

hmmm this is what you called  "maintenance"  Grin Grin Grin the nodes start to blacklisting each other wtf lol lets see can waves hit rise price in less then 30 days!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

dolores is back in good form. I love it.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:43:36 PM

I do not care about who is back or not, etc. and all this forum bullshit.  I just want to see some results from WAVES both in tech AND in price action (going up, not down for once).  So screw everything else and make that important stuff matter!   Also can someone post the devs updates posts from the WAVES slack/chat in here as many of us are not in that.
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:44:54 PM

I am still debating whether I supported a scam here? There is hardly any volume and the price keeps crashing. If there were in fact any buy walls how could this be possible?

What part of what they said do you believe is a scam? Price and volume have NOTHING to do with if a project is a scam, it's market forces 101. In investor Series 7, Sasha mentioned a 1,000 BTC buy wall was placed.  It could easily be eaten up by investors that thought this would be a 3x+ Lisk flip.  When investors realized it was not or gambled on the fact others would feel that way and the price would drop, they left. I've been buying back around 22-24k, if it drops to 17k. I won't be scam accusing just bad trading on my part.

I have a lot of criticisms I shared about their delivery but there's nothing to see here concerning scam.  If the price shot up,  less people would question it which is quite sad.
Twiggy Smile

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:47:20 PM

The dev team is currently engaged in the development and promotion of the project. Some time ago, the funds were used for this (was spent about 1K BTC and buy-back about 3M Waves). After that waves team stopped using this method. And now I do not think that that is the best solution to use the funds to maintain price. These funds can be used for more important tasks.
thegreenone

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:54:03 PM

The dev team is currently engaged in the development and promotion of the project. Some time ago, the funds were used for this (was spent about 1K BTC and buy-back about 3M Waves). After that waves team stopped using this method. And now I do not think that that is the best solution to use the funds to maintain price. These funds can be used for more important tasks.

Its obvious this is not a scam. An oversubscribed ICO, perhaps.
aldenpogi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:00:03 PM

Watch that 100btc wall getting wrecked as btc price increases.
Price will then go to hell.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 02:02:29 PM

I think buy walls is actually part of the reason the price has dumped so much.

It does not inspire confidence to see one of dev's first moves (before waves withdrawals have even finished) was to transfer 6k BTC to exchanges, where it is out of view of public, and 1k BTC gets burnt on buy walls.

There was no communication about what this 5k BTC was getting used for except for a very vague, "we're using it for development"

What does that mean?  Are you hiring people with this $3 million which disappeared to exchanges?  Who are you hiring?  What are these funds getting used for?  Where are they going?  To a bank account?  Held in BTC balances on exchanges?  Held as fiat balances on exchanges?  Transferred into devs pocket?

No one knows because there was very vague communication about this, and only after the transfers took place.  That's the main reason people lost confidence and started dumping below ico.

Trader  bill has  hit the nail on the head here.   All  we need is a  bit of communicatio.  I  mean without all the shouting about scams waves  could be a  perfectly legitimate coin but why  not explain where the funding is going?   Did you hire new devs?  A new pr  guy?   Or is there a  new  lambo sitting outside the house now?    

Twiggy Smile

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:12:30 PM

It does not inspire confidence to see one of dev's first moves (before waves withdrawals have even finished) was to transfer 6k BTC to exchanges, where it is out of view of public, and 1k BTC gets burnt on buy walls.
There was no communication about what this 5k BTC was getting used for except for a very vague, "we're using it for development"
What does that mean?  Are you hiring people with this $3 million which disappeared to exchanges?  Who are you hiring?  What are these funds getting used for?  Where are they going?  To a bank account?  Held in BTC balances on exchanges?  Held as fiat balances on exchanges?  Transferred into devs pocket?
No one knows because there was very vague communication about this, and only after the transfers took place.  That's the main reason people lost confidence and started dumping below ico.

Oh. Of course, full report will be provided about how the funds were spent.
Twiggy Smile

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:15:50 PM

https://blockchain.info/address/3DWBSSAue32YS8PcW2gLs6m52BCCv3UgDA
Disappearing of roughly 6k BTC out of escrow on 16-06 and 18-06 (before withdrawals were finished or waves had even started trading on exchange), I think is what really sent investors into panic-dumping mode.
There was no explanation or re-assurance about such a large transfer of funds out of public view at the time, so the market panicked.

###

According to escrow agreement the funds have to be transferred from the escrow address.
https://blockchain.info/address/35fe2CM2zbMeSfhRjpjW8ikTJcZj8NooFD official Waves cold wallet
5 k is withdrawn for current and upcoming development and marketing costs, good moment to sell BTC. 1 k out of it is spent on WAVES buy-back.
Twiggy Smile

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:18:38 PM

Yes exactly.  Here is the ICO address:
https://blockexplorer.com/address/3DWBSSAue32YS8PcW2gLs6m52BCCv3UgDA

Of the 29,634 BTC raised, Waves has withdrawn/spent 18,271 BTC already!

18,271 BTC spent already, read that until it sinks in.  That's roughly $11 mil USD, even if you calculate BTC at $600/ea.

It's shocking to see the nodes having issues and any downtime with that spending.  Where was this money spent?  $11 mil USD??  I mean come on, that's enormous money, more than several alt ICO fundings combined.  Entire companies make that much in a year, and it's gone from the Waves ICO account in less than a few weeks... and during that time, almost zero marketing, zero development updates (not considering changing a background image on the wallet or changing some text / version numbers).  

I'm in Silicon Valley.  You can hire the best developers on earth for less than $11 million USD.  The top developers at Google, Facebook, Apple, Tesla, etc. are not making that kind of money, and the Waves team burns through that without finding a lead dev and doing no marketing?

And after all that, the nodes blacklist each other?  Again, $11 million USD is not a small number.  You should have ZERO downtime and ZERO maintenance with that number.  And again where the fuck is the marketing??  A superbowl advertisement broadcast to 50 million viewers cost $2-$3 million USD.  Imagine what you could seriously do with $11 million USD.  I should be seeing Waves plastered over the Internet.  Lisk did 100x more advertising with a fraction of the money.  

I call this a scam or complete idiocy.[/size]

###

According to escrow agreement the funds have to be transferred from the escrow address.
https://blockchain.info/address/35fe2CM2zbMeSfhRjpjW8ikTJcZj8NooFD official Waves cold wallet
5 k is withdrawn for current and upcoming development and marketing costs, good moment to sell BTC. 1 k out of it is spent on WAVES buy-back.

idolacchacked

Activity: 598
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:19:00 PM

Twiggy i know you are only the messenger but..as i said yesterday announcement before action is taken is what's needed  

dont post after the fact ..it only looks made up
pusaka

Activity: 1064
Merit: 590

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:20:01 PM

OMG the waves is down everyday.
dev whats are you doing?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Twiggy Smile

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:20:14 PM

Twiggy i know you are only the messenger but..as i said yesterday announcement before action is taken is what's needed  

dont post after the fact ..it only looks made up

The full report has not yet been announced.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:23:58 PM

I start to agree with coinbiz.  WAVES team you have already a few weeks to get stuff going in the right direction, many ppl's time and patience is running out.  If you had NO funding like solid real small coin/dev team then we can understand...but you have amazing ICO FUNDS to work with.  Where is your results that twiggy keep mentioning?!  I don't want just "community member" answer I want talk from WAVES guys and some plans for where this is going.  The right way.

I'm still giving benefit of doubt because we know 90% of this shit is FUD/manipulation things on bittrex and on this forum.  So I can only assume that is case for ALL this crap.  I still hold and wait for magical price action!
Twiggy Smile

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:24:01 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2016, 02:55:30 PM by Twiggy Smile

Disappearing of roughly 6k BTC out of escrow on 16-06 and 18-06 (before withdrawals were finished or waves had even started trading on exchange), I think is what really sent investors into panic-dumping mode.
There was no explanation or re-assurance about such a large transfer of funds out of public view at the time, so the market panicked.

###

Where the hell is this marketing?  I'm not seeing it.  Please tell me why your invisible marketing costs $3 million USD???  
Show me the articles, the advertisements you paid for.  You could buy a damn small business with that money.  You haven't advertised shit.  You guys are lying scum.  Prove the ad spend.  
And what development?  I haven't seen any major code pushed.  Only bugs and downtime which conveniently corresponds to massive dumping on Bittrex.

### https://wavestalk.org

Wavesplatform is coming to the Internet – This is what you need to know!

https://wp.stakepool.com/2016/06/09/wavesplatform-is-coming-to-the-internet-this-is-what-you-need-to-know-bitcoin-kickstarter-wavesplatform/

WAVES raises $2m in 24 hours in bid to take on permissioned blockchains

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/waves-raises-2m-24-hours-bid-take-permissioned-blockchains-1554785

Blockchain platform WAVES partners with 'Swiss knife' Bitcoin wallet Mycelium

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/blockchain-platform-waves-partners-swiss-knife-bitcoin-wallet-mycelium-1558914

WAVES blockchain raises $16m after 'tsunami of Bitcoins' floods last days of crowdsale

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/waves-blockchain-raises-over-16m-tsunami-bitcoins-flooded-last-days-crowdsale-1563973

Blockchain Tokens Platform WAVES Launches Testnet

http://www.econotimes.com/Blockchain-Tokens-Platform-WAVES-Launches-Testnet-197793

Blockchain Platform 'Waves' Partners With Bitcoin Wallet 'Mycelium'

http://www.econotimes.com/Blockchain-Platform-Waves-Partners-With-Bitcoin-Wallet-Mycelium-205577

Waves CEO Talks Raising $16m, Open-Blockchain Platform Potential

https://news.bitcoin.com/interview-waves-ceo-sasha-ivanov/

Blockchain platform Waves raise more than $2m at the Start of the Crowdsale Campaign

http://bitcoinist.net/blockchain-platform-waves-raise-more-than-2m-at-the-start-of-the-crowdsale-campaign/

WAVES Blockchain-powered Platform Announces Partnership with Mycelium and CORE Media

http://coremedia.info/index.php/blockchain-news/item/248-waves-blockchain-powered-platform-announces-partnership-with-mycelium-and-core-media/248-waves-blockchain-powered-platform-announces-partnership-with-mycelium-and-core-media

WAVES Platform - ICO Summary, Post-ICO Calendar

http://coremedia.info/index.php/blockchain-news/item/257-waves-platform-ico-summary-post-ico-calendar

WAVES - ICO Progress, Testnet Update, Roadmap, Ethereum Russia

http://coremedia.info/index.php/blockchain-news/item/250-waves-ico-progress-testnetupdate-roadmap-ethereumrussia

WAVES Platform - Post-ICO Interview with Sasha Ivanov, Last Minute Update

http://coremedia.info/index.php/blockchain-news/item/255-waves-platform-post-ico-interview-with-sasha-ivanov

Waves Launch at Exchanges, Network Security and Waves Lite Client Tutorial

http://coremedia.info/index.php/blockchain-news/item/261-waves-launch-at-exchanges-and-network-security-lite-client-tutorial

WAVES Launches The Best of Blockchain and Banking in One Platform

http://coremedia.info/index.php/blockchain-news/item/258-waves-launches-thebest-of-blockchain-and-banking-in-one-platform

The new Mycelium wallet is integrating fiat currencies, debit cards, personal finance, and more

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/the-new-mycelium-wallet-is-integrating-fiat-currencies-debit-cards-personal-finance-and-more/

WAVES and Mycelium join forces

http://bitscan.com/articles/waves-and-mycelium-join-forces

WAVES Token Platform Raised 5000 BTC in First Week of ICO

http://cointelegraph.com/news/waves-token-platform-raised-5000-btc-in-first-week-of-ico

Blockchain Platform WAVES Finishes ICO, Raises Over $16.000.000 USD in Bitcoin

http://cointelegraph.com/news/blockchain-platform-waves-finishes-ico-raises-over-16000000-usd-in-bitcoin

Waves Platform For Investors #4 - Investor Q&A With Sasha Ivanov, Creator Of The Waves Platform PT1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eiv93mM_rE

Waves Platform For Investors #5 - 5 Reasons To Invest Into The Waves Platform - By Tai Zen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHfZISbVnpE

Waves Platform For Investors #6 - Investor Q&A With Sasha Ivanov, Creator Of The Waves Platform PT2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyKrSdL1rzk

Sasha interview with Synereo and the Stakepool Community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKuv0pEOKSc

Waves Platform For Investors #7 - Post ICO Update With Sasha Ivanov, Creator Of The Waves Platform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXo49HfQxu4

WAVES与Mycelium合作,打造数字货币的瑞士军刀

http://mt.sohu.com/20160510/n448648069.shtml

ICO已达300万美元的WAVES宣布与比特币钱包提供商Mycelium建立合作关系

http://toutiao.com/i6282544612896670210/

News Huobi

https://news.huobi.com/index/detail/8330

http://bbs.money.163.com/bbs/licai/608968466.html

Blockchain Incredible Party http://bip001.com/ 7th of July with Wavesplatform

https://twitter.com/coremedia_info/status/748093748375076864

##############################

And what development?  I haven't seen any major code pushed.  Only bugs and downtime which conveniently corresponds to massive dumping on Bittrex.

Coinbiz analysis is spot on. Why would waves team indicate a major (v3 to v4) upgrade on a minor/non-breaking change.

Twiggy - these types of questions are not FUD and it would help if they were addressed.

So. What do you want to hear about it? Why changed the client version?

Well, that the code changed for a new release does not mean it has to be "lot of code", sometimes there are "small input with big difference". Like the fee, when increasing the fee this is a non-backward compatible change, therefore we increased version from 0.3 to 0.4 (also the optional 1W)

The main changes in the new version of the client had been told repeatedly

Mainnet v0.3.3
@Tosch110 Tosch110 released this 12 days ago · 38 commits to master since this release

Changelog:

New Backup modal when logged in - use it to Backup your account
Enhancing guidance for users in creation accounts
Advancing process for account registration and import
Adding more words to wordlibrary

Mainnet v0.4.0
@Tosch110 Tosch110 released this 7 days ago · 7 commits to master since this release

Make 1W optional in addresses - 1W will just be an optional prefix.
Unconfirmed transaction flow in the client
Advanced error and warning messages

Mainnet v0.4.1
@beregovoy68 beregovoy68 released this a day ago

Increased transaction fee amount.

###

Please do not forget about that the Waves wallet it is a light client (with basic functions at this time).

More features will surely available in the next releases.

###

At the same time, code for full node is still in the development stage (at least about 2 weeks).

Once the source code for a full node will be available to the public, then welcome to do some investigation.

###

Thx @prix

Here are examples of the most meaningful commits (spent about 40 minutes pulling out of history). In fact, if you do a more thorough analysis, you can see a lot more work, of course if you want.

https://github.com/wavesplatform/WavesGUI/commit/6b8d10cffac84fd3e06625eb04649b2a5187168a
https://github.com/wavesplatform/WavesGUI/commit/cac71b54fa50241b93afe3aa4ab51b5330cc5baa
https://github.com/wavesplatform/WavesGUI/commit/57be72b23bb0d01af7d36259827aa8d8b2b78b7f
https://github.com/wavesplatform/WavesGUI/commit/b2e613493bc89a6c66d32158a5cd5f1d6957a2f5
https://github.com/wavesplatform/WavesGUI/commit/91708ccae93bf8dcfd8da95794b494cc6b61f1f1
https://github.com/wavesplatform/WavesGUI/commit/d07e9f3fd7ef6821dcfb9ab86375a58cd498e79e
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:24:36 PM

Whres is dev team working on ?
This only dump

thegreenone

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:37:52 PM

Trader  bill has  hit the nail on the head here.   All  we need is a  bit of communicatio.  I  mean without all the shouting about scams waves  could be a  perfectly legitimate coin but why  not explain where the funding is going?   Did you hire new devs?  A new pr  guy?   Or is there a  new  lambo sitting outside the house now?    

Yes exactly.  Here is the ICO address:
https://blockexplorer.com/address/3DWBSSAue32YS8PcW2gLs6m52BCCv3UgDA

Of the 29,634 BTC raised, Waves has withdrawn/spent 18,271 BTC already!

18,271 BTC spent already, read that until it sinks in.  That's roughly $11 mil USD, even if you calculate BTC at $600/ea.

It's shocking to see the nodes having issues and any downtime with that spending.  Where was this money spent?  $11 mil USD??  I mean come on, that's enormous money, more than several alt ICO fundings combined.  Entire companies make that much in a year, and it's gone from the Waves ICO account in less than a few weeks... and during that time, almost zero marketing, zero development updates (not considering changing a background image on the wallet or changing some text / version numbers). 

I'm in Silicon Valley.  You can hire the best developers on earth for less than $11 million USD.  The top developers at Google, Facebook, Apple, Tesla, etc. are not making that kind of money, and the Waves team burns through that without finding a lead dev and doing no marketing?

And after all that, the nodes blacklist each other?  Again, $11 million USD is not a small number.  You should have ZERO downtime and ZERO maintenance with that number.  And again where the fuck is the marketing??  A superbowl advertisement broadcast to 50 million viewers cost $2-$3 million USD.  Imagine what you could seriously do with $11 million USD.  I should be seeing Waves plastered over the Internet.  Lisk did 100x more advertising with a fraction of the money. 

I call this a scam or complete idiocy. 

Coinbiz - you botched your v0.3.0 -> v0.4.0 review (which I mistakenly followed). Might want to give it a few days before you start hurling bombs again.
Crypto_MERC

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:39:32 PM

###

A 3-line explanation for a transferring of $3 million worth of funds out of public view was given 9 days after the transfer took place, and that was only after people were screaming about it and panic-dumping.

I'm being serious, but this coinbiz guy is clearly bullshitting.  You can obviously see the other 12,5k BTC which has been withdrawn still sitting on the blockchain in a 10k chunk and a 2,5k chunk.

It's only 5k BTC which was moved out of public view.  So it was sold for fiat on exchanges, and now it's being held as fiat balances on exchanges?  Or has it been transferred out of exchanges to a bank account?

What other explanation is there for Waves trading at 30% lower than the net asset value of the 30k BTC which Waves holds?  Confidence factor is the only explanation I see.  Which is a good thing, because I think confidence can be built with positive actions + good investment of funds, and the market will eventually forget about the rough start on bittrex.

They will never disclose full details of their spending, no matter what they say.  Or they will bullshit it after the fact.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:57:50 PM

BTC is rising again.  Don't be surprised if the price starts falling again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: