Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:48:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD  (Read 362424 times)
xtrusion

Activity: 513
Merit: 150

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:39:17 AM

Is anywhere a Roadmap? What's planned for near future? A quick overview or so
dricoteixeira78

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:17:22 PM

this coin is dead. loose 5 btc  Angry
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:21:50 PM

It is so usual to read negative opinions when price crashes like this...
Though, I agree, time hasn't come yet for LBRY.
There is no working product yet. Angry

No working product? Have you checked out lbry.io/get? If you are having trouble getting something to work, come join the vibrant slack community at slack.lbry.io and someone can give you a hand!

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:22:25 PM

Is anywhere a Roadmap? What's planned for near future? A quick overview or so

https://lbry.io/roadmap

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 10:02:20 PM

this coin is dead. loose 5 btc  Angry

like i have told people for a YEAR:
STOP thinking LBC is an "investment vehicle" LBC will NOT make you nubs rich trading it, its a token to be used on the platform, if it was an investment they would have SOLD it to you as such Cheesy
You bought a PoW coin (on a free market), when POW is getting slayed from too many profit miners and not enough liquidity, LBC hitting 5k was a GIVEN really with the current mining ecosystem
So how bout we blame the one who pushed the "buy" button, eh? Cheesy

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Preventative.Measures

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:00:23 AM

All coins right now are investment vehicles/speculative vehicles, LBC included.  I still have faith in the team and want to believe this is all part of a master plan...that they're devoting their efforts to developing the project rather than pumping hype and bullshit.

However a part of me is starting to worry.  I mean why the same ultra-shitty web site for months?  Why no road map/milestones?  And why not a single representative on btct responding to the extreme criticism?

I get the distinct impression they want to keep things quiet "until its ready" but with the breakneck speed of crypto that tactic may simply result in a stillborn network.

They have what I consider a great brand image and a great concept a lot of folks can get down with.  I just hope, for all our sakes, that's not the beginning and the end of it.  I really hope these guys aren't a bunch of aspies that got too many pats on the back from mom and dad.."you can do anything!"...only to realize they bit off more than they can chew and run away tail between legs...letting the project quietly die while all of us sit here and wonder.
jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:54:55 PM

All coins right now are investment vehicles/speculative vehicles, LBC included.  I still have faith in the team and want to believe this is all part of a master plan...that they're devoting their efforts to developing the project rather than pumping hype and bullshit.

However a part of me is starting to worry.  I mean why the same ultra-shitty web site for months?  Why no road map/milestones?  And why not a single representative on btct responding to the extreme criticism?

I get the distinct impression they want to keep things quiet "until its ready" but with the breakneck speed of crypto that tactic may simply result in a stillborn network.

They have what I consider a great brand image and a great concept a lot of folks can get down with.  I just hope, for all our sakes, that's not the beginning and the end of it.  I really hope these guys aren't a bunch of aspies that got too many pats on the back from mom and dad.."you can do anything!"...only to realize they bit off more than they can chew and run away tail between legs...letting the project quietly die while all of us sit here and wonder.

The team is focusing on product development, you can watch all the GitHub activity https://github.com/lbryio/lbry-app/ / https://github.com/lbryio/lbry/.  The roadmap is located at https://lbry.io/roadmap - sure it could be prettier, but it actually pulls from real work products as opposed to some fancy powerpoint.  In terms of the website re-design - I think it's functional and to the point. I'd rather see the devs focus on the product than trying to re-design the website for marketing/hype purposes. 

What type of criticism do you want the team to respond to? That the price is going down? LBRY has an active slack community here: slack.lbry.io where they handle most of the user communication. No offense to BCT, but it isn't necessarily the most engaging place to discuss product development.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
1x12ty

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:05:31 PM

i download LBRY software but when i open it

program must be confirm a human real , i try confirm by youtube , but nothing

i waiting 12h  and restart program ,do not  confirm .

anyone have  an idea or plan put forward for other suggest ?
jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:03:22 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2017, 11:25:29 PM by jiggytom

i download LBRY software but when i open it

program must be confirm a human real , i try confirm by youtube , but nothing

i waiting 12h  and restart program ,do not  confirm .

anyone have  an idea or plan put forward for other suggest ?

If you can't verify with youtube, it means you don't meet the qualifications in terms of views/channels - they'll be working to fix that feedback process. Try CC verification (fastest) or #verification channel on slack.lbry.io.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
Preventative.Measures

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:17:28 AM

The team is focusing on product development, you can watch all the GitHub activity https://github.com/lbryio/lbry-app/ / https://github.com/lbryio/lbry/.  The roadmap is located at https://lbry.io/roadmap - sure it could be prettier, but it actually pulls from real work products as opposed to some fancy powerpoint.  In terms of the website re-design - I think it's functional and to the point. I'd rather see the devs focus on the product than trying to re-design the website for marketing/hype purposes. 

What type of criticism do you want the team to respond to? That the price is going down? LBRY has an active slack community here: slack.lbry.io where they handle most of the user communication. No offense to BCT, but it isn't necessarily the most engaging place to discuss product development.

I looked at GitHub before I posted and all I saw in recent past were typo fixes on readmes and the like.  The website has the same videos/images from months ago...does lbry have only like six videos uploaded?

The live thing w your ceo from a few months ago everyone was looking forward to was a disaster, can't even get a digital camera right.  Put in a little fucking effort and stop making excuses!

The public deserves regular updates on the project that aren't buried in chaff on social media, and not everyone wants to join the dipshit circlejerk that is slack.  If you can't be bothered to update the website with such basic information...something a person with novice web skills could do in at most an hour..then how can anyone trust in your ability to program a groundbreaking piece of blockchain technology?  I mean you all are so busy you can't update the homepage now and again?  For really real?  It seems to me like you have nothing but thinly veiled contempt for early adopters when it should be exactly the other way around.

The founder of this project is a moneygrabber like the tezos and bancor scum...should have known better.  Any doubt I had is now gone.
jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:37:42 PM

I'm a typical BCT user

And right there is the reason why LBRY doesn't entertain the BCT community Smiley

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
KylesmomisaB

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:13:32 AM

I got a question about the Library wallet. I see that it functions inside the application itself which is fine, but how come I see no option to encrypt the wallet? This seems like a

big flaw in an otherwise good application. Is there a feature to encrypt and I just missed it? Or is it that there simply is no encryption here in which case, why not!? Thanks guys

Wallet encryption is being worked on by the team.

Thanks for response, I too was looking for this information. I like have my coins 100% secure and therefore will wait until that occurs before investing then.

TOPLANCER.CO
Zero commission, Escrow payment & Dispute Settlements
PreSale GET YOUR BONUS JOIN NOW
jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:59:01 PM

I got a question about the Library wallet. I see that it functions inside the application itself which is fine, but how come I see no option to encrypt the wallet? This seems like a

big flaw in an otherwise good application. Is there a feature to encrypt and I just missed it? Or is it that there simply is no encryption here in which case, why not!? Thanks guys

Thanks for response, I too was looking for this information. I like have my coins 100% secure and therefore will wait until that occurs before investing then.

If you are on a secure system (i.e. not windows unless you are absolutely sure), it's still fairly safe to keep your coins there. Or create a air-gapped environment, generate a wallet, copy securely and then forget about it (if storing).

Another option for Android is to use Coinomi to store LBC.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
$dakini

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:33:44 PM

This is something very basic for any wallet, who are serious about security. How can the devs miss this one?  Huh
solarrobot

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:33:10 PM

What advantages does LBRY have over something like SWARM?  have people checked out Dtube? A Steem plugin/youtube site. Works really well and plugs right into the steem blockchain which already has their economic incentives.  LBRY developers seem committed, which is awesome.  Haven't been convinced yet on their product though.
Preventative.Measures

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:43:36 AM

You won't get a response.  They have a 15 year old fanboy on here who buries posts and thats about it.  I'm too poor to have the exposure some of the dudes on the last few pages have and thank Christ for that.  I think the one dude lost over five BTC and nothing but snark from LBC?  Wow...

There's literally no excuse for them to have "Trump Bombs Syria" in the current events feed on their webpage, and they know that, so they dodge and blame "typical BCT users" for their glaring failures.
jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:39:01 PM

You won't get a response.  They have a 15 year old fanboy on here who buries posts and thats about it.  I'm too poor to have the exposure some of the dudes on the last few pages have and thank Christ for that.  I think the one dude lost over five BTC and nothing but snark from LBC?  Wow...

There's literally no excuse for them to have "Trump Bombs Syria" in the current events feed on their webpage, and they know that, so they dodge and blame "typical BCT users" for their glaring failures.

You want LBRY to reply to a guy who lost money trading LBC? I'm really confused about that one.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
AltsBoom

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:17:20 PM

can anyone tell me what the average time is to confirm a LBRY transfer?

been waiting over a few hours

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Preventative.Measures

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:52:03 AM

You want LBRY to reply to a guy who lost money trading LBC? I'm really confused about that one.

I want you to answer one simple question:  Why does LBRY have "Trump Bombs Syria" on their homepage in the current events tab, on September 23, 2017?

LBRY hasn't put in minimal effort regarding their image...they've put in literally no effort.  Why is that?  How could that possibly be?

I get the "not until it's ready" mentality, but projects like this hinge upon building a strong network.  Explain to me how you can build a strong network when the feed on the homepage hasn't been touched in six months.  Explain to me why people should fund this project via capital and creativity when the team, through their actions, has demonstrated they give zero fucks about the folks out there eagerly looking for updates and wanting, with every fiber of their being, to support this project.

Why can they give us nothing after all this time, even if its sugar coated dog turds?  I mean literally nothing, zero effort on the public facing side.  I'm puzzled and flabergasted....is the team really that tone deaf?
suppersz

Activity: 336

There is a day to be born, and another to die

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:54:28 AM

can anyone tell me what the average time is to confirm a LBRY transfer?

been waiting over a few hours

a lbry transfer? it should be instantaneous, just like any other crypto, right? you must have had a very low fee or something

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: