Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:17:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who really uses bitcoin?  (Read 14209 times)
Dodnastes

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 05:42:11 PM

There's not much peoples in the world that counted using bitcoin in real life, like buy something with bitcoin, accept salary, and many more.
But almost all peoples who knows bitcoin are use it for trading and investment.

That is right. Most of the bitcoins are used in the trading or investment. Only small proportion is used as a currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 08:05:15 PM

There's not much peoples in the world that counted using bitcoin in real life, like buy something with bitcoin, accept salary, and many more.
But almost all peoples who knows bitcoin are use it for trading and investment.

Yeah and I think the maximum usage of bitcoin is done by full time gamblers in gambling as gambling with bitcoin is very easy and gambling holds maximum number of bitcoin users I guess.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 11:08:57 PM

Aside from traders, investors, etc. I guess one of the most bitcoin users are those gamblers and thats one reason why gambling is exploding. And they also has big a part why btc is becoming more popular.
useless4

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 11:57:35 PM

There aren't any accurate estimations right now although we could probably guess a good info according to the BTC community we see here, There are plenty of US, Chinese and Russian users as well as few from all around Europe, Mostly males.. I guess this might make a great survey topic.
you are right, it is impossible to calculate how much people are using it and it will be like that in the future

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:48:07 PM

Hi I wonder about the demographics of bitcoin. Who uses it, race, location, gender?

I read the coindesk paper on it, but wonder if there is some other more updated documentation on it.

Regards
I am sure that there are some people that really make use of Bitcoin but most people just use it as an investment and i am doing the same thing.
With Bitcoin you can make some extra money and everybody wants to make use of that.
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 06:53:57 PM

Richard Branson is on a video on youtube saying he will accept Bitcoin if someone wants to buy a ride in one of his "spaceships."  Not sure if they are his or not, but just book one on one that doesn't explode.

Tanic

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 07:04:48 PM

1. China
2. India
3. USA
Here is the list of three countries where bitcoin used the most. Of course first two mostly cause of its' big population. I even heard that India will be on the first place soon. And I think it is normally for the country where there is places where 100$ per month salary is ordinary salary.
Ocatin

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:06:50 PM

1. China
2. India
3. USA
Here is the list of three countries where bitcoin used the most. Of course first two mostly cause of its' big population. I even heard that India will be on the first place soon. And I think it is normally for the country where there is places where 100$ per month salary is ordinary salary.

I think the USA is where the bitcoin is used most as many stores there accept the bitcoin. China is for trading only.
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 05:17:36 PM

Look at those big Bitcoin magazines or their websites and you don't need to speculate on where BTC is at.

mmmtr

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 07:08:17 PM

hi Guy

Check this out!

https://cointelegraph.com/news/counting-them-all-how-to-figure-out-actual-number-of-bitcoin-users
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 08:04:19 PM

1. China
2. India
3. USA

I think the USA is where the bitcoin is used most as many stores there accept the bitcoin. China is for trading only.
Yes for me too, this list is seeming like ranked based on number of bitcoin users.
Still, I doubt that India will be having more number of bitcoin users compared to USA as the literature level in India is very low.

China is having many bitcoin mining farms still not sure about bitcoin adoption rate by individual people.

USA must be having more bitcoin users as there are a lot of promotions occurs usually for them.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 08:09:04 PM

1. China
2. India
3. USA

I am not really sure of this statistic that you put up about India though. It seems in my city very few people use bitcoin. However I have heard that in other states of India it is being used and is gaining popularity. Though the government needs to work on it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
arcanaaerobics

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 11:28:21 PM

1. China
2. India
3. USA

I am not really sure of this statistic that you put up about India though. It seems in my city very few people use bitcoin. However I have heard that in other states of India it is being used and is gaining popularity. Though the government needs to work on it.

I think he's talking about people, those 3 are 3 big countries, a lot of people... So at the end you can't find no one near you...
What's the statistics percentage of use?
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 11:33:28 PM

1. China
2. India
3. USA

India is kind of a sketchy choice for being in the top 3 countries that use Bitcoin the most. Per capita it would likely be something like China, US, Japan or a very similar list to that. For total population, I would think the 3rd place spot would be a toss-up, and the top two would go China, US. I don't know whether or not India is that high on the list, or how popular Bitcoin is in India.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 02:19:08 AM

We can not estimate who are users uses bitcoin more we do not have data on that and the users is came from different countries, and guys where you get your data about on your statement what is your basis?
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:08:33 PM

Hi I wonder about the demographics of bitcoin. Who uses it, race, location, gender?

I read the coindesk paper on it, but wonder if there is some other more updated documentation on it.

Regards

The number 1 people who use bitcoin are the person who registered in bitcointalk.org. Meaning these are the bitcoin lovers, bitcoiner, or bitcoin enthusiast though all of this came at the same definition. That's it very simple!
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:14:58 PM

lots of differant people use bitcoin everyday.

Indeed, I think all types of people all around the world now are using bitcoin. We have american citizens, Russian, European, China, Indonesian, Australian, Philippines, London, Canada etc.
Diffrerent people but one internsion they want to earn bitcoin because of something that they really want bitcoin is wolrdwide nowadays and lots of people are really uses it some country are banned bitcoin for no reason or they dont want it.
caxandra

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 10:59:02 AM

Seen few surveys around this forum and they where asking the same questions you are asking now, did not see the results however since they were not posted here.. I guess there are plenty of asian from china and india /caucasians from US and europe, Mostly males.
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 12:32:02 PM

We can not estimate who are users uses bitcoin more we do not have data on that and the users is came from different countries, and guys where you get your data about on your statement what is your basis?

Exactly we cannot calculate the exact number of users using bitcoin as its impossible to do, the only thing we can know is that users who are part of this forum are using bitcoins apart from that we cannot judge who are using it.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:48:44 PM

Now more and more people have decided to use bitcoin in their every day lives and many ordinary people who are not at all techies, this is a really good thing and more people will want to save it so that means the price will inevitably rise.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █