Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:26:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who really uses bitcoin?  (Read 14209 times)
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:49:32 PM

The US national census is every 10 years with the next one being in 2020. And the US economic census is held in every year ending in "2" and "7". Maybe someone will add demographic queries about Bitcoin to the index of questions of either or both censuses. That would give some actual data, at least in the US.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
th3nolo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 669

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 09:01:52 PM

people who do business with them, gradually are more those who know the bitcoin. it is true that many keep their bitcoins, but there are other people who actively do business, remittances, donations ect. Roll Eyes

▄██▄
   ▄██▄      ▀█▀▀     ▄██▄
   ▀██▀▄  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▐███▀
       ███████████████
      ████████▀▄▄▄▀████
 ▄▄  ▐███▀▄▀██▄▀▀▀▄█████  ▄▄
████▀█████▄███▀▀█████ ██▀████
 ▀▀  ▐███▄███ ██ ████ █▌  ▀▀
      ▀████▄██▄▄███▀▄█▀
    ▄▄ █▀██████▀▄▄▄█▀█ ▄▄
   ████▀   ▀▀▀█▀▀▀   ▐████
    ▀▀       ▄██▄      ▀▀
             ▀██▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩             ▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █▄
 █           ▀▀▀  █
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄
█ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀█ █
█ █ █       █    █ ▄
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    █ █
█ █ ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄ █ █
█ █ █   █  ██  █ █ █
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ █ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩       ▄████▄  ▄████▄
      ████████████████
      ████████████████
       ██████████████
        ▀██████████▀
██        ▀██████▀        ██
██▌   ▄            ▄   ▐██
███  ███▄          ▄███  ███
▀███▄ ▀███▄      ▄███▀ ▄███▀
  ▀████████      ████████▀
     ▀████▀      ▀████▀
     ▄   ▄▄      ▄▄   ▄
     ▀█████      █████▀
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:47:07 PM

I do believe the people which uses bitcoin are the developers and the people which as me do search for a source of income online, in the general the most are man, womans dont like to waste their time collecting money, they like to spent it nothing else, man always do search something to earn a extra money dont know why just man.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:49:51 PM

I do believe the people which uses bitcoin are the developers and the people which as me do search for a source of income online, in the general the most are man, womans dont like to waste their time collecting money, they like to spent it nothing else, man always do search something to earn a extra money dont know why just man.

Because women knows that they will get everything ready on table and their men will take care of their expenses but at this stage very few people are aware about it and very minimum percentage of entire population is using it.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:56:43 PM

Hi I wonder about the demographics of bitcoin. Who uses it, race, location, gender?

I read the coindesk paper on it, but wonder if there is some other more updated documentation on it.

Regards

I think bitcoin is being used by any age starting from 12 years old and up to old people, but the highest number of people's age should be from 18-35 without ignoring the big early adopters and big investors which I doubt that are teenagers. Gender should be male and about location I could vote for Asia.
fujyo86

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:02:15 PM

bitcoin is used by people who noticed existence of btc, soon many more will use bitcoins. Simple design, simple name, there isn't anything in bitcoins that can insult someone or something
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:03:49 PM

Yes I would say most Bitcoin users are males between 18-40 years old.
Asia has a higher population than probably all other regions, but there are users in every country.

Hopefully as time goes on the demographic expands to other users, but for now its going to be people who know a lot about the internet and technology in general.

MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:09:34 PM

Yes I would say most Bitcoin users are males between 18-40 years old.
Asia has a higher population than probably all other regions, but there are users in every country.

Hopefully as time goes on the demographic expands to other users, but for now its going to be people who know a lot about the internet and technology in general.
Demographics like this wouldn't surprise me personally, and I too would like to see the demographics expand to a wider range of people, but at the same time the people we see using Bitcoin are the ones who are more than likely going to be exploring new things and experimenting.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:10:00 PM

there are so many peopel who are sing the bitcoin right now and that is nice because allot of people needs to use the bitcoin to see the price rising
becuase the most are holding they also needs to spend you will see the price rise again.

Not many are using at a moment as the popularity of bitcoin is limited at a moment but in future we can expect that more people will start using it when people will get aware about it.
That is very true. But my friends and I are using it. We use it to pay each other back if we go out, or to give each other loans. I also use it for online payments for games and things like that.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414

= jasad =

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:53:40 PM

bitcoin is used by people who noticed existence of btc, soon many more will use bitcoins. Simple design, simple name, there isn't anything in bitcoins that can insult someone or something
indeed those people who admit on bitcoin existence used it frequently ,
but doesn't mean it has low number of user who did not admit bitcoin existence is real but keep using bitcoin ,
for example those people who used bitcoin as their illegal transaction they just use and convert it repeatedly ,
they just take benefit on bitcoin then just throw it away.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 07:52:51 PM

there are so many peopel who are sing the bitcoin right now and that is nice because allot of people needs to use the bitcoin to see the price rising
becuase the most are holding they also needs to spend you will see the price rise again.

Not many are using at a moment as the popularity of bitcoin is limited at a moment but in future we can expect that more people will start using it when people will get aware about it.
That is very true. But my friends and I are using it. We use it to pay each other back if we go out, or to give each other loans. I also use it for online payments for games and things like that.
Yeah there is a lot of people are using bitcoin and you are right that bitcoin is normally use for online shopping and other product and there is a lot of game are available which can be buy with bitcoin easily .
springgers

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 09:10:30 PM

Yeah there is a lot of people are using bitcoin and you are right that bitcoin is normally use for online shopping and other product and there is a lot of game are available which can be buy with bitcoin easily .

We all will like when we will can go out and pay a beer with Bitcoin.
Your group of friends is a good point, you all can moviment money between each other, well, actually you can play poker with chips and use Bitcoin as payment too, there's a lot of options to introduce the Bitcoin to anothers peoples, unfortunataly none of my friends use Bitcoin yet.
apriloni

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:27:01 PM

i am using bitcoin and i feel too much secure with bitcoin because bitcoin is very much safest investment and i do not worry about risk about bitcoin because bitcoin have do not any risk bitcoin increasing its price too much faster .
Dodnastes

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 04:36:58 PM

i am using bitcoin and i feel too much secure with bitcoin because bitcoin is very much safest investment and i do not worry about risk about bitcoin because bitcoin have do not any risk bitcoin increasing its price too much faster .

That is right. The bitcoin is the safest investment if you can keep your computer from virus or keep the bitcoin in cold wallet.
genos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 03:14:29 AM

but doesn't mean it has low number of user who did not admit bitcoin existence is real but keep using bitcoin ,
for example those people who used bitcoin as their illegal transaction they just use and convert it repeatedly ,
I do not think so, becouse there are somplace in my country that accept bitcoin as a payment type, although there just 1 place that I realy now. I think the people who use bitcoin is the people who looking for second resources, anonimity, and alternatif payment beside fiat. I also think that the most of them is male, although woman is use bitcoin too but the amount is not big.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 09:31:12 AM

I do not think so, becouse there are somplace in my country that accept bitcoin as a payment type, although there just 1 place that I realy now. I think the people who use bitcoin is the people who looking for second resources, anonimity, and alternatif payment beside fiat. I also think that the most of them is male, although woman is use bitcoin too but the amount is not big.
Spending  directly your  bitcoin would  really bring  great feeling   especially if its  already available    on your country  then  its  really an advantage  to some  coutries  but   its  not a  problem  if  there no  available on our place because  adoption would really spread all over the world.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 09:54:49 AM

Spending  directly your  bitcoin would  really bring  great feeling   especially if its  already available    on your country  then  its  really an advantage  to some  coutries  but   its  not a  problem  if  there no  available on our place because  adoption would really spread all over the world.

Please explain me what advantage Bitcoin has when buying your daily needs compared to fiat.

Here some details about paying with fiat in your local area;

# Instant transactions where you don't depend on internet since you can also pay in cash.
# Every transaction has zero fees. (I'm not talking about paying with credit card like services)
# You don't have to buy Bitcoin first in order to spend it, since you can use fiat to do the job already.

With these things in mind, what benefit does Bitcoin have when it comes to being used locally to buy daily goods and stuff?
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 10:24:44 AM

That is right. The bitcoin is the safest investment if you can keep your computer from virus or keep the bitcoin in cold wallet.
but the important thing is to conduct transactions anywhere and anytime. we will not be able to work in mobile if such. online wallet is probably a very good alternative at all. bitcoin user is a person who has active properties.
marleybobthedog

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 11:03:31 AM

Bitcoin user based on race: unknown

In bitcoin we don't care about location, race or gender we just care about bitcoin address and amount.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 11:22:04 AM

Mostly I think 25-35 age cause it's yet catching up. It's yet to catch up in Asia, it's there but yet many know about it. It's pain explaining it to mostly youngster under 16-20 Age group.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: