Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:39:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HEAT: 3.0 crypto*multisig fiat*a2a hft*1000tps*DSA*PoS+PoP*e2ee chat*  (Read 418478 times)
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:55:43 AM

Congrats to the whole community and devs! more then 1600 BTC raised! Smiley

I want to suggest to use some of the btc for an beautiful and slick website and maybe a strong logo..
The current website doesnt function well and doesnt look to professional imo.

I also hope to see that when the time is right it will be listed on major exchanges such as poloniex and bittrex.

Keep the HEAT on!

I agree. The current website is poor.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:57:55 AM

We had this graphic discussion in the lisk forum too, but the project was already staged too far for any graphical customisation. Anyway, we should take a look on the excellent work of plutus. Overwhelming NFC payment tech behind and a very comfortable, sleek, bright & proud look and feel on the corporate brand. Its like the perfect blend. And yeah, HEAT will properly do good on that as well.

Plutus has a simple website that is modern and very easy to do. I agree. Something like this is what is needed.

In fact, I think this project would have raise 2x what it did with a better website. I almost didnt invest when I saw the website. Thats how bad it was on first impression.
rnr

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:06:16 AM

Dear Fimk Developer,

this is a reply that i hopefully write to bring it to you mind.
in your mind of brand-marketing and psychology, because you have to start to understand
what mighty power good designed brands have.

(Eliphaz this have nothing to do with my private message to you, and my offer to deliver what heat needs- where u didnt answer)

At first i have to confront you with your old visual brand of fimk!
This is a reference for us to see how u reacted things, what is in your mind of marketing an branding.
For all those who don´t know the FIMK Corperate Design have a look at http://fimk.fi/

first of all i have to say some positiv things
- you started to understand that a brand needs a homepage... yeah
- u made it responsive! - good one
- functions are your Strength

But here are so many people that not only look after functions and developing skills.
At this moment you target a few of those who already understand what potential cryptocurrencies have.
Only those people who understand that BTC can not only be the number 1 because there are so many
great projects that have better ideas than the pioneer Bitcoin.
Not everybody understands ur dev skills! So you have to do make it tasty - simple - great!

back to your fimk design

this CI Design tell us more than you think
- its corny
- you have no ideas how to presentate things
- this design looks like a Laser-Tag-Arena in 1990!

This shows us that your basic idea of great design and brand buidling is completly wrong!!!

I have to say i dont write this post not to make ur things bad!!
I write to hopefully give you an other direction before u create things that u have to redesign early because ur
project get not noticed!!!!!!

The basic problem that exist is that u think you are doing a great job with the HEAT Leadger Design!

Your are a team of great dev´s! and your probably better than each of us.
But your a not a Designer that have a right thinking of what is a good design and what is a bad design!
We see it on fimk and the Heat Logo!

Stop thinking you have the eye to decide in which way this have to look!
There a so many great people in this thread to try to give u a direction!

Because the HEAT LEADGER Logo is fucking bad! - Im sorry for that but i have to talk to you with clear words!

Even your decision to call your Coin HEAT LEADGER ... what did you think yourself?
Its a funny think because ur a Batman fan our ur Childhero is Heath Ledger?

Those are thinks that confusion People!
I write those things because iam an professional Graphic Designer with many years experiences in Brand Building.
I want to get that HEAT Design goes in a way that it equivalent with you amazing dev. skills!

that is like u presentate a ferrari in a Fiat Bodykit!

So what you have to do?
- STOP thinking u vision of the design is great! Sorry! But they are not !
- Start to accept things that your community gives you!
- belive in the eyes and the ideas of your Investors like as we trust in your dev. skills!
- Forget about HEAT LEADGER // reduce it to HEAT! - i cant believe that i have to say this.
- Start accept the thought that its so fucking important to have a great Design!

People will not recognize your awesome idea if its boxed it an old Windows 95 packaging.

Yes i offered you to make your design! It doesnt matters now.... this is not the reason why i wrote this..
after this you sure not let me do this.. and this is okay! I want that HEAT goes up - so i give you all my Infos
about my knowledge where im a expert - i never talk to your visions of ur code or something because im
a noob in this topic area, so i just to try to give you things on the way i really know about.

and heat is lost if you going this way!

@Mjbmonetarymetal look at this wallpaper .. it not perfect.. but it is 100000 times better than ur wallpaper Eliphaz.
Accept what people are telling and showing to you.

im sorry for my english, and sorry for things that looking to negative in this reply .. i havnt the sensitiveness in english
to write it on the perfect way.

i have to repeat me .. i love what u doing with heat... but you/we have to make it awesome.. we want to help.
But marketing and a great designer needs money.

You think everything over 1000$ are way to much for a complete Corperate Design .. that ridiculous .. in front of that we have to ask you what do you think about your hudge developing costs
you think its around 1 mio $ worth? And you got this Investment from us .. to make the whole thing great. Start Putting money in a Designer!

we trust in you!
think about it!

Thanks!!! 100% agree!!!! @devs: listen to him.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:36:39 AM

HEAT concept, desktop image

This is nice.

I won't spam this thread with ideas as it might be better if a professional designer handle it. What I came up with might look cool but in essence it's a H on a coin which maybe is more 1.0 than 3.0.

Bitrated user: Mick.
DaddyH

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:06:26 AM

It seems I'm not the only one questioning the branding and presentation of this project. Unfortunately the presentation of a product can leave a bad first impression. Some people will look elsewhere in the belief that if a company can't be bothered to invest in a good design, then the product probably isn't much good either. It would be a shame in this case with such a promising project.

My suggestions:
  • Reconsider the branding: Emphasis on HEAT and less Ledger.
  • Modern clean logo desgin.
  • Refresh website accordingly.

◇◆  STRATIS  ◇  BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTIONS  ◆◇
◇◇◆ BLOCKCHAIN AS A SERVICE [BAAS] PRIVATE CHAINS ◆◇◇
| FULL NODE GITHUB | STRATIS WEBSITE | FORUM THREAD |
JUSTDLISK

Activity: 457

Bancor

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:44:36 AM

I agree.... I think Heat Ledger should be shortened to Heat..
I think the logo is a bit tacky...
I don;t like the design on the website....
I am not looking forward to seeing the GUI on the Heat mainnet based on this....
But the Tech is clearly awesome...

Just some revamp onto the design could work wonders.
I think keeping it to a more minimal design would work better like the fresh feel you get when you go on the APPLE website.
Connecting the term 'Heat' with photos of fire is just a bit tacky/corny - Very much 1.0 not 3.0 - Its not slick.

Good luck.

Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:50:50 AM

I am not looking forward to seeing the GUI on the Heat mainnet based on this....

I think keeping it to a more minimal design would work better like the fresh feel you get when you go on the APPLE website.
Connecting the term 'Heat' with photos of fire is just a bit tacky/corny. Very much 1.0 not 3.0. Its not slick or clever.

Good luck.

I guess people have different opinions. Imo the Apple site looks like a cheap scam site. Far too many pictures with little to no info and endless scrolling.

The HEAT design could certainly be improved but not by imitating the apple site.

Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 10:53:28 AM

Thanks for the input guys well appreciated. We're still on ground zero regarding brand building, based on what we can ourselves achieve - which may not be much but - was clearly enough to achieve the next step even when the marketing teambuilding timing was badly failed for the ICO due to various coincidencies. (That said, the logo and web site were designed by professionals, in co-operation with me. As usual for design I'm involved with, they divide opinions strongly, which I agree isn't good for optimal PR even when hitting perfectly home for some tastes).

The blockchain and crypto platform are called HEAT. Heat Ledger is the company. It causes confusion ok, because of that and the fact that HEAT is a ledger. But HEAT is being emphasized towards as the brand for the public blockchain, no worries about that.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

JUSTDLISK

Bancor

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:48:25 AM

Connecting the term 'Heat' with photos of fire is just a bit tacky/corny. Very much 1.0 not 3.0. Its not slick or clever.

Good luck.

I guess people have different opinions. Imo the Apple site looks like a cheap scam site. Far too many pictures with little to no info and endless scrolling.

The HEAT design could certainly be improved but not by imitating the apple site.

Maybe their marketing has influenced me into thinking that way when i go on the website. But i can see your point - anyways the website is fit for e-commerce which is different to Heat. The point is Minimal and classy is better like Apple designs or Bang & Olufson designs. Heat at the moment is like a Fiat, we need it to look like a humble Lambo.

Waves has a very slick designer btw.

anewafresh

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 12:16:03 PM

Waves has a very slick designer btw.

Agree on that. They have a done a very good job on their wallet GUI and pictures of how the upcoming decentralized exchange will look are very impressive.

Love IOTA's website as well. HEAT do need to get their game up as far as design goes.

IOTA - iotatoken.com
bitcoinuserz

Activity: 360

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:13:00 PM

Just look at The DAO website. Let it sink in. Biggest crowdfund in crypto history.

I don't like ETH peeps, but they do marketing all right.

Korean Chinese Translator

Professional Korean translator.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:30:28 PM

Thanks for the input guys well appreciated. We're still on ground zero regarding brand building, based on what we can ourselves achieve - which may not be much but - was clearly enough to achieve the next step even when the marketing teambuilding timing was badly failed for the ICO due to various coincidencies. (That said, the logo and web site were designed by professionals, in co-operation with me. As usual for design I'm involved with, they divide opinions strongly, which I agree isn't good for optimal PR even when hitting perfectly home for some tastes).

The blockchain and crypto platform are called HEAT. Heat Ledger is the company. It causes confusion ok, because of that and the fact that HEAT is a ledger. But HEAT is being emphasized towards as the brand for the public blockchain, no worries about that.

Please Eliphaz,

Contact this guy: https://twitter.com/sandroieva

He is your men on branding. I hired him when I was managing Qora, he can make beautiful videos, websites, can think with content and knows how to brand and has several crypto branding projects on his name. He accepts crypto or fiat and has an fair price.

For 1 or 2 btc you have an complete slick and beautiful webpage, logo and a video where is explained what HEAT is and does.

I think this is one of the most important things for an coin to succeed, bringing your message to the world in an slick and sexy way.

(please dont make the same mistake as with FIMK, where there was no money invested in branding and marketing, while there where many btc invested)
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:44:35 PM

You didn't hit "perfectly home for some tastes" except for your own. You need real help in marketing and design. It's obvious the vast majority of people think you need help. Get real help.
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 03:18:11 PM

Like mentioned, the situation isn't optimal and we haven't yet started to make it so. It means yes we'll get appropriate marketing assistance. We're also not immune to learning from what FIMK has done wrong. The resources and feedback provided by the community are valuable, appreciated.

Today we had a preliminary JV discussion with a BIG player. Very early, can't tell if anything comes out, but when you shoot enough of these and even one hits home it's jackpot for HEAT. Again can't disclose anything else except what we told them to clarify HEAT's position:

There are two types blockchain related ventures: cryptocurrencies ("altcoins") working on public legder only - usually not organized officially - and corporate blockchain solution providers, usually real companies, making private blockchain solutions. HEAT is a hybrid of these two, which is rare or even unique in its way. Do we have any real competition combining this kind of setup? Waves come close on some parts technically, but from what I know they don't have a company. That complicates and eventually prevents many things business, as we know from experience with NXT (that has no legal entity) and FIMK (non-profit entity). Generally, corporate customers don't want to work with something as vague as "platform", they want to work with other companies that are legal entities.

JUSTDLISK

Bancor

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:32:13 PM

Like mentioned, the situation isn't optimal and we haven't yet started to make it so. It means yes we'll get appropriate marketing assistance. We're also not immune to learning from what FIMK has done wrong. The resources and feedback provided by the community are valuable, appreciated.

Today we had a preliminary JV discussion with a BIG player. Very early, can't tell if anything comes out, but when you shoot enough of these and even one hits home it's jackpot for HEAT. Again can't disclose anything else except what we told them to clarify HEAT's position:

There are two types blockchain related ventures: cryptocurrencies ("altcoins") working on public legder only - usually not organized officially - and corporate blockchain solution providers, usually real companies, making private blockchain solutions. HEAT is a hybrid of these two, which is rare or even unique in its way. Do we have any real competition combining this kind of setup? Waves come close on some parts technically, but from what I know they don't have a company. That complicates and eventually prevents many things business, as we know from experience with NXT (that has no legal entity) and FIMK (non-profit entity). Generally, corporate customers don't want to work with something as vague as "platform", they want to work with other companies that are legal entities.

Stratis is a competitor

Kazadar

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:44:53 PM

Stratis is a competitor
Yes but their solutions to many of the blockchain issues are quite different.

JUSTDLISK

Bancor

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:46:42 PM

Stratis is a competitor
Yes but their solutions to many of the blockchain issues are quite different.

Very true

johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:46:42 PM

is heat going to be trade-able on bittrex or poloniex?
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 04:50:50 PM

We don't know yet. We'll do our best to get there, but the final decision isn't up the coins listed but the exchanges. It's usually not even a question of money but policies with details unknowable to outsiders. It's basically the exchanges' own business whom they want to work with.

johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:57:44 PM

We don't know yet. We'll do our best to get there, but the final decision isn't up the coins listed but the exchanges. It's usually not even a question of money but policies with details unknowable to outsiders. It's basically the exchanges' own business whom they want to work with.

i do hope they want to work with you. But you didnt put FIMK on bittrex?

The question is, if you are supporting the listing on bittrex.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 323 »
  Print  

Jump to: