Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:42:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The latest Avalon announcement in China(Translated). Batch #3, price and more.  (Read 36503 times)
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:41:51 PM

I still had the tab open, so for those doubting price/numbers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkip

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:42:41 PM

Quite disappointed to hear that Batch 2 is being delayed Sad
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:45:14 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2013, 03:12:21 PM by Rampion

You can buy a BFL minirig for 500 btc, and delivery would probably be in the same timeframe.
You can "buy" one, yes. But you are not going to get any ROI, because no working BFL ASIC hardware exists.
Avalon does exist and currently running units get an insane ROI.

A bit naive, don't you think? It's clear that BFL has been developing hardware..don't let their incompetence cloud your judgment. Anyway, we're not here to talk about BFL..this is an Avalon thread silly. Wink

Seriously though, people really don't have a problem paying $7,000 for a 600w+ 80GH/s device? I also find it kind of funny that the buyers from Batch #1 paid the lowest price and are making the highest return on their investment. The Batch #2 price hike was expected...it was kind of like the "Fuck you, we're legit and you missed out on the first round".

But to triple the price for Batch #3 sort of solidifies the initial notion that they are indeed using preorder funds to complete the previous orders (it also fully explains why they "shipped" 2 months ago and are still behind on their first shipment). I imagine after selling out of Batch #3 they'll have enough money to get everything back on track again (financially anyways).

1.) Batch 2 was more expensive because shipping was included in the price. Batch 1 was $1299 + shipping.
2.) BFL won't ship anytime soon. You're welcome to prove me wrong. http://bitbet.us/bet/307/bfl-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-july-1st/
3.) Avalon could have mined themselves, and keep all the profit. Yet they are selling to the public. It's ludicrous to think that they would set up a ponzi like structure with their orders. Due to the insane ROI of Avalons, 88 BTC seems like a bargain still. 4.) I'd imagine Avalon customers are not newbies and have BTC beforehand way before the price spike. Batch 1 is actually more expensive than Batch 3 BTC wise.

Point 1) is correct.

Point 2), is pure gambling. We don't know if BFL won't ship before July. They may, or may not.

Point 3), I don't see a +6.000usd or 90btc 67GHs machine as a "bargain" given the timeframe. A "bargain" is what batch #1 customers got. They are the ones doing an insane ROI. Batch #2 customers also got an excellent deal. But when the 1.500 AVALON units will be deployed we will have 3x the current difficulty, and therefore ROI will come in 2/3 months. Add to the equation more hashing power deployed by ASICminer, and ROI may come much later. If BFL also deploys a fraction of their preorders, AVALON batch #3 customers are screwed, and the stakes are high (again: 6.000usd for a 67GHs unit).

I agree with point 4). If you have mined/bought hundreds of btc when the difficulty/exchange rate was lower, AVALON is definitely a bet you can afford to take. But if you have to exchange usd for btc, or you have a modest amount of btc, then it's much safer to hold on your existing coins and buy more with your fiat. Gambling most of your btc on this, or exchanging +6.000usd for an AVALON, is too risky in my opinion. It's a gamble I wouldn't take, because in any case the profit (if there's at all) will be modest.

GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:48:59 PM

yes, the biggest bummer is delay of batch 2 shipment....ugh.... guess it wont be here for my birthday after all =(
Wish they would take this crap into account when advertising the shipment of the batches on purchasing them.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:49:56 PM

/damn i though it will be 2000$ or something around it i think i will pass it  Cry Cry.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:53:10 PM

/damn i though it will be 2000$ or something around it i think i will pass it  Cry Cry.

Hehe, we have to gambles now:

pay 90 btc for a unit you know exists, and that you will received sometime around June (and maybe sooner!)
pay 20 btc for a BFL unit you don't know if exists, and that they tell you that you will receive in July if ordered now (and most likely later!)

Both of them seems quite risky to me, but if I had enough coins bought cheap, I would take both Wink

Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:58:13 PM

pay 90 btc for a unit you know exists, and that you will received sometime around June (and maybe sooner!)
pay 20 btc for a BFL unit you don't know if exists, and that they tell you that you will receive in July if ordered now (and most likely later!)

Both of them seems quite risky to me, but if I had enough coins bought cheap, I would take both Wink

you would still be better off buying 5 bfl units in the long term, even if it were another month or two delay.
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:59:41 PM

Well, so if they will ship by the end of April, then batch 2 will be in the hands of customers at the end of May adjusting for more excuses.

*yawn

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:04:52 PM

you would still be better off buying 5 bfl units in the long term, even if it were another month or two delay.

That's true, the fact here is that "a two months delay" seems VERY optimistic. But with that 400% price increase of Avalon, I'm sure that a lot of people who saved money for AVALON batch three will prefer to take the gamble with BFL just because if you loose, you will loose a lot less (let's don't forget also that BFL units are supposed to be way less "power hungry").

In any case, greed is taking over.

Normally, first batch should be more expensive, third batch much cheaper, because obviously ROI diminishes day by day. But as AVALON is, at the moment, the only proved legit ASIC company (apart from ASICminer, who don't sell their units), they can set up the price they want. I'm sure they will sell at least 50% of the third batch at those insane prices because, again, greed is taking over

tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:08:55 PM

Fuck if they sold 600 unit for 6000$ they will make 3,600,000$ how they manged to make batch 1 and 2 lower and batch 3 higher price FUCK  i was going to buy it  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry. Cry Cry Cry Cry
Miner99er

Activity: 310

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:09:51 PM

Well, I thought I would jump into Avalon Batch three... but my jaw hit the floor when I saw the price. What the bloody hell?

Going all in on BFL seems like a better idea than this shit. $5k for a box that cost initally $1299. Someone decided they don't want customers.

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:11:16 PM

Well, I thought I would jump into Avalon Batch three... but my jaw hit the floor when I saw the price. What the bloody hell?

Going all in on BFL seems like a better idea than this shit. $5k for a box that cost initally $1299. Someone decided they don't want customers.

You'd rather buy a box of fans than something that actually exists?

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:15:08 PM

Well they are in the position to do this, the price is just... wow lol Guess good things come when you say something and follow through with it.

Miner99er

Activity: 310

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:21:10 PM

If it comes to getting 66-67 GH/s or waiting a bit and getting 240 GH/s for the same price... Kind of a no brainier there.

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:27:55 PM

I think that while BFL lost the "race" to release first, and the pole position, I think long term they will get their product out in some form. Even if they don't come out until august, its a better deal. Even at double or quadruple the power its still a better deal.

I was considering buying 10-20 batch 3 units. However at this price it's not gonna happen I'd rather just lock in a minirig and wait. One small unit, much less power and much more refined.

I'm in it for the long term and not for a quick buck. I'm a university researcher.

Asking for a price in btc, ok. Thats the idea of btc. Asking for a huge amount basing it on expected ROI is absurd. Bitcoin value could crash tomorrow.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:29:35 PM

Has Avalon sent a really nice fruit basket to Butterfly Labs to thank them for allowing them to be able to extract these rents from the market?   Do not get me wrong, I completely agree with what Avalon is doing as it makes perfect sense (and actually may make this a more orderly business as people will have to think for a minute before pulling the trigger).

Buy Bitcoins because they are going nowhere but UP as people will need to buy more than they expected.

Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:35:53 PM

You can buy a BFL minirig for 500 btc, and delivery would probably be in the same timeframe.
You can "buy" one, yes. But you are not going to get any ROI, because no working BFL ASIC hardware exists.
Avalon does exist and currently running units get an insane ROI.

This here is the crux, as I said before, Avalon are the ONLY company to have delivered ASICs. They can charge whatever they want, and should, while they still can.

It's almost embarrassing to admit I have a BFL order, that operation is such a cluster f***, with a sociopath as their main spokesperson, makes me cringe.
mtminer

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:38:43 PM

Two months to ship first 300? So four months to ship the next 600. July or August for batch 3 to hit?

Yikes.
RoboCoder

Activity: 388

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 03:54:02 PM

I don't think any of the ROI calculations matter  that much.  The batches sell out super fast.  Therefore there is demand.  Demand means they can ask more money for the product - which is even more true since they effectively have a monopoly.  Does anyone believe that even with the price that the 600 won't sell out within, lets say a day or so, instead of the 1 hour.. thats all i see as the difference.

I think they are just taking advantage of their position.  Which is certainly not unique to just the Bitcoin world.

FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:54:35 PM

wow...five fucking grand? no....

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: