Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:48:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Silver and Gold Bullion at Low Prices! Updated 10/3/16  (Read 12405 times)
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:48:41 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2016, 12:08:16 AM by SaltySpitoon

Hi all, I'm offering silver and gold bullion at or near spot price. You can see the price breakdown compared to spot value next to every listing. Every order ships free to the U.S via priority shipping with tracking label and signature confirmation if you would like it unless otherwise listed. I can ship same day if you order early enough, but within 1 business day of your order guaranteed. My inventory updates daily, so be sure to check back often for new products and sales!

If you are outside of the US, I can get you a shipping quote. Please make sure you are aware of your country's laws on importation of precious metals for any importation tax you may have to pay if you are outside of the US. I will abide by all of your country's importation laws. Declared package value is always the spot value of the metal, though I will do my best to make the package inconspicuous to lower risk of theft. I cannot be held responsible for issues with the package due to customs or international shipping problems. I will get the package sent out to you legally, after that I can make no absolute guarantees.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to ask.

Check here for a neat demonstration on testing gold/silver! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1555690.msg15769186#msg15769186

Silver Spot Price (1 Troy Oz):

Gold Spot Price (1 Troy Oz):

Gold Spot Price (1 gram):

Thanks to tim-tams for the incredibly useful BTC:XAG/XAU converter: https://youmeandbtc.com/bitcoin-converter/

Fresh In!
(2) MS70 1/10oz Gold 2011 Perth Year of the Rabbit Coin  

(3) MS69 2004 1 Oz Silver Eagle   These Coins do have milk spots on them link below explains:
http://www.coinweek.com/education/coin-grading/ngc/coin-analyst-collectors-crying-milk-spotted-american-silver-eagles/

(7) 2 Oz Elemetal "Kraken" rounds   Spot +$7.50/Oz!   Comes in Acrylic Airtite Container!

(1) Roll of 20 1/2 oz Sunshine mint silver rounds   Spot +2$/Oz!

(2) 1 Oz Silver Nasty Fans Seats     here is a link to OGnasty's original thread with details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352515.0

(1) Roll of 25 1 Oz 2014 Perth Saltwater Crocodiles   Spot +$4/Oz!

(3) Rolls of 20 2014 1 Oz Philharmonics    Spot +2.50/Oz!

FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 12:07:42 AM

So what does this break down against spot price. I don't understand your prices
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 12:27:53 AM

I just checked big online retailers and priced similar to them. At time of writing, spot is $20.31 USD. The generics are $22 each, Crocodiles are $27 each, Philharmonics are $26 each, and the year of the horse bars are $220 or $22/oz.

If spot price jumps or drops $1/oz I'll change the prices of course.
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 02:51:04 AM

I just checked big online retailers and priced similar to them. At time of writing, spot is $20.31 USD. The generics are $22 each, Crocodiles are $27 each, Philharmonics are $26 each, and the year of the horse bars are $220 or $22/oz.

If spot price jumps or drops $1/oz I'll change the prices of course.

I'll take one generic will you use trusted on site escrow or send first and I/escrow wouldn't release payment until I confirm its real?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 01:25:47 PM

I'll take one generic will you use trusted on site escrow or send first and I/escrow wouldn't release payment until I confirm its real?

Happy to use escrow, pmed.
Washika

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:02:26 PM

Happy to use escrow, pmed.

I don't understand why anyone would need to use an escrow dealing with you. They should send first.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:20:19 PM

I don't understand why anyone would need to use an escrow dealing with you. They should send first.

Past reputation and the fact that I'm a global moderator here has little to do with trustworthiness. I highly advocate the use of the escrow system, so I'm happy to offer it for any trades/sales I do. It is in the spirit of Crypto to not trust a screen name. While I personally wouldn't scam anyone, there is no reason for anyone to have blind faith in me.
Washika

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:22:10 PM

Past reputation and the fact that I'm a global moderator here has little to do with trustworthiness. I highly advocate the use of the escrow system, so I'm happy to offer it for any trades/sales I do. It is in the spirit of Crypto to not trust a screen name. While I personally wouldn't scam anyone, there is no reason for anyone to have blind faith in me.

Its not like your account will be sold or hacked though. I just find it funny is all.
Would you consider selling some of your silver at spot?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:45:47 PM

Its not like your account will be sold or hacked though. I just find it funny is all.

I hope it never will be hacked. Quick way to do a double check is to check one's trust page. If their password has been changed recently it will say so in red letters. Its not a bad habit to at least check that before doing a deal with someone. I'm not interested in selling at spot, sorry. I have local dealers who will pay spot to spot +$1 for generics. I'm trying to sell my generics for spot +$1.50-2.00 depending on how the spot price is fluctuating. I currently have them listed at $22/oz for the generic 1 oz and 10 oz bars. $27 for the crocs (compare to $35 at APMEX) and $26 for the Philharmonics. Apparently 2014 was one of the lowest if not the lowest mintage for philharmonics, so they hold a bit more premium than regular Eagles/Maples.

Compare my pricing to that of APMEX or JMBullion or any of the other large dealers, and you will see that they are similar, however my turn around time and customer service is much better. Every order I've ever made from APMEX didn't ship for at a minimum of a week, two weeks wasn't uncommon. JMBullion is a bit better, but 4 days to a week isn't uncommon either.

All of that said, I'm considering listing more of my stash. I've got a lot more smaller increment stuff and graded things that I may let go of.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1107

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 09:02:35 PM

Buyer pays shipping? Or free in the USA? I'm interested in a roll of crocs and a horse bar, but curious about shipping.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Buyer pays shipping? Or free in the USA? I'm interested in a roll of crocs and a horse bar, but curious about shipping.

Typically its $6 for shipping via small flate rate box. Thats priority (2 day) shipping with tracking number. I'd cover the shipping cost for the roll of crocs + a horse bar though.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1107

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 02:43:41 AM

Typically its $6 for shipping via small flate rate box. Thats priority (2 day) shipping with tracking number. I'd cover the shipping cost for the roll of crocs + a horse bar though.

Thanks, I'm definitely interested. Think I'm gonna wait a day or five and see what BTC (and silver spot price) do, make sure I have money to rebuy BTC I spend, etc. Hopefully you don't sell everything by next Monday...

Do you have any concerns about sending 2+ lbs of silver worth over $800 in a flat rate parcel box? Is insurance possible or a good idea?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 02:55:23 AM

Thanks, I'm definitely interested. Think I'm gonna wait a day or five and see what BTC (and silver spot price) do, make sure I have money to rebuy BTC I spend, etc. Hopefully you don't sell everything by next Monday...

Do you have any concerns about sending 2+ lbs of silver worth over $800 in a flat rate parcel box? Is insurance possible or a good idea?

I've shipped and received a lot of packages of metals, and never had any sort of issue. I typically just ship with Tracking and Signature confirmation if people want it, but I'm sure insurance of at least the spot value of the metal can be done as well.

When dealing with anything of value, always ship via USPS. Since they are a branch of the government, if a package goes missing, there is actually a federal investigation. It greatly discourages theft and such, and misplaced packages are very very uncommon for similar reasons. The worst I've ever had was something that looped a few times through the same sorting facility, but that was resolved with a call. UPS and Fedex, if an employee steals a package and is caught, its up to the company to decide how its handled.
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 04:46:30 AM

To SaltySpitoon:

Can you get 1/10 Oz rhodium baird bars on the price of $127-130 through your supply channel?

I will buy 10 of these

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 12:58:47 PM

To SaltySpitoon:

Can you get 1/10 Oz rhodium baird bars on the price of $127-130 through your supply channel?

I will buy 10 of these

Sorry, I don't have Rhodium nor do I buy it. If I'm not mistaken, Rhodium is difficult to work, so the premium on bars/rounds is high. I don't have an issue buying gold/silver with a premium, because I know I'll always be able to get that premium back when I go to sell. Rhodium is a bit more complicated.
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 02:08:30 PM

Sorry, I don't have Rhodium nor do I buy it. If I'm not mistaken, Rhodium is difficult to work, so the premium on bars/rounds is high. I don't have an issue buying gold/silver with a premium, because I know I'll always be able to get that premium back when I go to sell. Rhodium is a bit more complicated.

Understood. Just from reading JM market perspectives it looks like three-way catalysts will be enriched with Rh in 2017, which will cause it price up. I do not expect $3000 per once as it was 10 years ago, but $1500 easily

Good luck with your rounds!
Washika

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 06:43:18 PM

I hope it never will be hacked. Quick way to do a double check is to check one's trust page. If their password has been changed recently it will say so in red letters. Its not a bad habit to at least check that before doing a deal with someone. I'm not interested in selling at spot, sorry. I have local dealers who will pay spot to spot +$1 for generics. I'm trying to sell my generics for spot +$1.50-2.00 depending on how the spot price is fluctuating. I currently have them listed at $22/oz for the generic 1 oz and 10 oz bars. $27 for the crocs (compare to $35 at APMEX) and $26 for the Philharmonics. Apparently 2014 was one of the lowest if not the lowest mintage for philharmonics, so they hold a bit more premium than regular Eagles/Maples.

Compare my pricing to that of APMEX or JMBullion or any of the other large dealers, and you will see that they are similar, however my turn around time and customer service is much better. Every order I've ever made from APMEX didn't ship for at a minimum of a week, two weeks wasn't uncommon. JMBullion is a bit better, but 4 days to a week isn't uncommon either.

All of that said, I'm considering listing more of my stash. I've got a lot more smaller increment stuff and graded things that I may let go of.

I would buy a few at spot +1$ if your interested. Im even willing to send first because I see no need to pay someone to escrow this deal.
Let me know.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 06:53:47 PM

I would buy a few at spot +1$ if your interested. Im even willing to send first because I see no need to pay someone to escrow this deal.
Let me know.

The offer is appreciated, but no thank you.
Washika

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:31:55 AM

Let me know.

The offer is appreciated, but no thank you.

You sure you don't want to reconsider?  Kiss
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:00:16 AM

You sure you don't want to reconsider?  Kiss

I am sure. Thanks again for the offer though. As I said, I can get between spot and spot +1 at my local dealer, and walk out with cash in hand, not worrying about whether a package is going to get stolen/lost etc. I'm pretty firm on my pricing unless someone wanted to buy large quantities. The problem with pricing things fairly to begin with, is you have no wiggle room when people want to negotiate. Maybe next time I sell my silver I'll start it higher so people can negotiate me down. Let me know if you want to do that  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: