Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:34:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Batch 3 [CLOSED- Seven 4 module Avalons ordered]  (Read 49813 times)
CryptoZen

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:28:26 PM

CH - latest spreadsheet is great, nice job.  And, the groups ROI projections seem sound, & rather positive.   Grin

I'd like to make a proposal - that CH creates a new thread (in this sub-forum, "Custom Hardware"), that deals with the concept specifically of how we want to "structure our group".  We currently have about 85 stakeholders, and that can be a lot of opinions, and could make this current thread (which we can keep for discussing hardware, delivery dates, etc.) quite long & rather hard to find info as the months progress.

If CH makes a new thread, in it we can figure out some guidelines.  I'm hoping that another group member "steps up", and can help CH with all the accounting & BTC moving involved within concept of members transferring (selling) their interest over time -- basically creating a single point of contact for CH for "stakeholder transfers".  Someone with a good & long-standing reputation on BTCtalk, so definitely not me because I'm very new.  Assuming somebody "steps up", that person might eventually create a "buy/sell Group 7 interest" thread in the Economics forum.

What I'm hoping, is that there is enough buying interest within our own group to purchase anybody who wants out, for exactly the price they came in (I'll probably be a buyer).  If we give ourselves two weeks to set up the guidelines and such, and have CH's approval ahead of that time, then the first "bulk transfer" of those who want to sell could happen on April 14th.

Sound cool?  (or not?)  I'm happy to try and help us organize things initially, if most everyone wants me to.  Regardless -- onwards to Avalon hashing!   Cool
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mrbrt

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:34:41 PM

Everything looks correct for me. Thanks CH!

I'm also (pending CH's approval on share transfer) willing and able to buy any unwanted shares.
mrbrt

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:36:25 PM

CH - latest spreadsheet is great, nice job.  And, the groups ROI projections seem sound, & rather positive.   Grin

I'd like to make a proposal - that CH creates a new thread (in this sub-forum, "Custom Hardware"), that deals with the concept specifically of how we want to "structure our group".  We currently have about 85 stakeholders, and that can be a lot of opinions, and could make this current thread (which we can keep for discussing hardware, delivery dates, etc.) quite long & rather hard to find info as the months progress.

If CH makes a new thread, in it we can figure out some guidelines.  I'm hoping that another group member "steps up", and can help CH with all the accounting & BTC moving involved within concept of members transferring (selling) their interest over time -- basically creating a single point of contact for CH for "stakeholder transfers".  Someone with a good & long-standing reputation on BTCtalk, so definitely not me because I'm very new.  Assuming somebody "steps up", that person might eventually create a "buy/sell Group 7 interest" thread in the Economics forum.

What I'm hoping, is that there is enough buying interest within our own group to purchase anybody who wants out, for exactly the price they came in (I'll probably be a buyer).  If we give ourselves two weeks to set up the guidelines and such, and have CH's approval ahead of that time, then the first "bulk transfer" of those who want to sell could happen on April 14th.

Sound cool?  (or not?)  I'm happy to try and help us organize things initially, if most everyone wants me to.  Regardless -- onwards to Avalon hashing!   Cool

I agree. I'd be willing to help or even take point, but I'm also new and don't have much of any rep to speak of.
koquillion

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:58:38 PM

I am wondering why some want out so quickly - after just a few days, other than making a quick profit by selling their share at two or three times their investment. I think somewhere in the topic a listing on Litecoinglobal was mentioned. That's probably a good option, but until then, since almost everybody wants to either buy more or sell everything, the fairest way (at least for this first redistribution of shares) is probably dividing up all shares to be sold amongst all those looking to buy more, by % already invested, by % willing to additional invest or just divided up by number of buyers.
louhija

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:23:52 PM

I am wondering why some want out so quickly - after just a few days, other than making a quick profit by selling their share at two or three times their investment. I think somewhere in the topic a listing on Litecoinglobal was mentioned. That's probably a good option, but until then, since almost everybody wants to either buy more or sell everything, the fairest way (at least for this first redistribution of shares) is probably dividing up all shares to be sold amongst all those looking to buy more, by % already invested, by % willing to additional invest or just divided up by number of buyers.

It's a safe bet to sell. No politics, no difficulties and a little profit. Maybe they don't like how the things have gone on the ASIC front last days. If I had a large amount of shares, I could try to sell a percentage of them, for say double the price and still be in. Or if I had only a small amount of shares (1 btc) I could easily double it instead of waiting for months.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 07:56:16 PM

The sheet looks like all machines are divided through every buyer. So the first investors, whose machines are delivered first will have to give away something to the later investors. Shouldnt it be divided by the machines one bought?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
msm595

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:58:28 PM

The sheet looks like all machines are divided through every buyer. So the first investors, whose machines are delivered first will have to give away something to the later investors. Shouldnt it be divided by the machines one bought?
The difference between the first and last investor was roughly two days....

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 08:02:28 PM

The difference between the first and last investor was roughly two days....

But it will be way more probably when the machines are sent. Only saying... it might be a month between the first and last machine shipping.
Its not that i want to enfore this handling, i only wondering because i thought i buy a part from one machine, not a part of a share.

koquillion

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:04:49 PM

That makes things at lot more complicated. Most investors wanted to invest in as many machines as possible, even if at first we were trying for just the one. What would happen, once they all arrive, if one breaks down but the other ones keep running? Or, in a less horrorlike scenario  Wink if the last order arrives first?
cryptojournal

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:21:17 PM

Everything looks correct for me. Thanks CH!

I'm also (pending CH's approval on share transfer) willing and able to buy any unwanted shares.

Same here. Will it happen on a personal negotiation basis, or through public (intra-group) sales of unwanted shares? Of course, this is all pending CoinHoarder's validation.
louhija

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:29:24 PM

I don't think so, what if a machine breaks down? I think it's more fair we're all on the same board. I was like the 3rd investor and then again I think I was on machine 6. I really don't mind we're all on the same pool. It's far more secure that way.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 08:32:04 PM

Ok, so spread risks... i mean it has advantages this way too.

khamark

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:46:00 PM

what if your machines breaks and CH has to ask for repair? Send it back, wait for repair (if that will be possible), send it again to CH and mounting. Would you be happy of earning nothing? I think we are on the same boat too, and this way it is lot easier for CH too.

my 2 cents
louhija

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:47:50 PM

At least that's what I'd like to see. Can't speak for anyone else. We should propably do a google group or something so we could spread documents and do polls very easily.
norman

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:39:19 PM

At least that's what I'd like to see. Can't speak for anyone else. We should propably do a google group or something so we could spread documents and do polls very easily.

As a later buyer, I would not be overly-offended if somehow those earlier in ended up with some tiny advantage, but it was fairly clear at least past the first or second unit that it would be a group buy.  In any case, it's clearly in everyone's interest to spread the risk across all the machines.  Would the couple people first in truly be happy if machine one didn't come up and they sat on the sidelines for a week or two while the issue was resolved.  Having so many units is really nice with this regard.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:41:44 PM

As a later buyer, I would not be overly-offended if somehow those earlier in ended up with some tiny advantage, but it was fairly clear at least past the first or second unit that it would be a group buy.  In any case, it's clearly in everyone's interest to spread the risk across all the machines.  Would the couple people first in truly be happy if machine one didn't come up and they sat on the sidelines for a week or two while the issue was resolved.  Having so many units is really nice with this regard.

You won't be able to tell which is "machine 1" or "machine 7"

koquillion

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:46:18 PM

They have different order numbers (except the first two), so it would be possible if a majority would really want to. Let's hope they don't.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:49:53 PM

They have different order numbers (except the first two), so it would be possible if a majority would really want to. Let's hope they don't.

Im an early investor (order 1), but still I don't see why we shouldn't spread the risk on all machines.

Reminder: I could use some immediate liquidity, therefore I'm willing to sell my shares if offer good enough. If interested please PM

ThingNL

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:52:33 PM

That will not do.... when all is up and running, and the dust has settled... I want at least one picture of "My Precious" working his butt off... So I move we have CH put a large sticker on every machine
with a number... don't care on what order of color.... as long as there is a "My Precious" with a large #1 on it....
koquillion

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:09:55 PM

Reminder: I could use some immediate liquidity, therefore I'm willing to sell my shares if offer good enough. If interested please PM

I'm willing to buy your shares, but I'm not going to offer double or more for them (some profit, however, just for getting in the coins for the project is fine). If you'll accept such offers I'll buy your shares.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: