Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:18:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Batch 3 [CLOSED- Seven 4 module Avalons ordered]  (Read 49814 times)
khamark

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:30:27 AM

i am interested in buying too at a reasonable price
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:50:47 AM

This is the same reason non pass-through ASICMINER auctions now start around 50 shares per trade.  Auctions around the first dividend probably caused a few headaches for Friedcat due to selling a few shares here and a few shares there, etc. These kinds of trades are going to cause headaches for CoinHoarder, albeit a much smaller scale.  

Also, giving up "partial" spots in this opportunity just seems wrong to me.  Why not hold what you have and wait for the payback?  

Edit: CH, can you please update the original post with the order number list and excel spreadsheet of the buy-ins? Thank you.
mrbrt

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:59:13 AM

How do we deal with that if we are to group all of the unwanted shares from multiple sellers into 1 pool?

We could decide on a collective offer per share? We probably wouldn't be able to match every offer to buy/sell (since apparently 3 times the investment amount has already been offered) but if we can include most of them, trading would at least be less effort in administration and still make most people happy. Having a smaller number of investors in total probably makes things easier overall.

I would not be against offering a somewhat larger amount (though not double) than the actual amount invested as a compensation.

I think this is worth a shot, especially if several investors are interested in dumping their shares, per CH's earlier post.

As far as admin goes I would be willing to help in whatever role is needed. Perhaps someone with the expertise can set up a site to automate the btc mined minus fees, electric, etc, and then divy up btc payout per share %?

Shall we give it a try and start with a list of who wants to sell/buy/hold?

Based on the posts on the previous pages of the thread, willing to buy are:
- bitrocket
- cryptojournal
- dchou
- ibminer
- khamark
- koquillion
- silvercoins
- skyhigh2004

Selling are:
- Rampion (2BTC)
- TheJuice (partial)

My suggestion would be to add something to the price of the share (opening offer: shall we say 20%?) to compensate for things like the trouble of investing and to provide some profit.

I'm not against either allowing new investors into the group or a listing on an exchange, but I think the most important thing for us (besides a jazzy name) is to get organized as a group and making sure everyone is happy with their share.

Please add me to the above list because I am interested in buying. 20% is great, but I believe the going rate is about 200%.
koquillion

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:04:48 AM

Based on the posts on the previous pages of the thread, willing to buy are:
- bitrocket
- cryptojournal
- dchou
- ibminer
- khamark
- koquillion
- mrbrt
- silvercoins
- skyhigh2004

Selling are:
- Rampion (2BTC)
- TheJuice (partial)

Please add me to the above list because I am interested in buying.

To prevent a possible 80+ posts flooding the thread I suggest a PM if you want on the buy, sell or hold list, but let's keep discussion about the proposal itself and price of the shares in the thread.

20% is great, but I believe the going rate is about 200%.

Yes, but if we start out with 200% we'll end up with 500% and that might not be what all sellers/buyers are looking for or are willing to pay.
rm187

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:07:52 AM

wow CoinHorder, This has grown exceptionally large. (I bought in on your first order, before they went on sale). You sure have some work on your hands. I bought in thinking this would be much smaller and more personal.

I was putting my money into Rick & the prison, now this feels like I'm apart of Woodbury...

We need to get this more organized. This is a large group. First a private website for investors.
Public blog for CoinHorder to update us. Private forums that CH verify each account. Only people with current shares will have access. If you sell all your shares then your access will be removed.

For share trade/sells I propose this.
Members will find other members that want to sell/buy and come to agreement. Once a week/month, CH will go through a list of members that wish to trade. Members send payments, CH verifys, updates records, etc.

Take 10mins to setup, few days to get everyone to reg/verify forum accts. I have servers/domains. I'm sure half of us do. Don't know why it take us so long to do simple thing as this.
Drop me a PM CH if interested.

1x5AFgSYTzXZ9eKJTKUfr7tiSuGyBE7Yd
dchou

Activity: 97

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:16:33 AM

I'd be a buyer at 1:1 and a seller at 3:1!
koquillion

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:21:19 AM

Don't know why it take us so long to do simple thing as this.

It's because we don't have a jazzy groupname yet. We need that to identify with.

Seriously though, it's probably because the group became way larger than expected and things escalated and CH has been busy with making sense out of his administration. It's a good idea to delegate some tasks (such as a site/forum) to several others.
koquillion

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:22:51 AM

I'd be a buyer at 1:1 and a seller at 3:1!

That's not really helping!  Grin
skyhigh2004

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:27:42 AM

wow CoinHorder, This has grown exceptionally large. (I bought in on your first order, before they went on sale). You sure have some work on your hands. I bought in thinking this would be much smaller and more personal.

I was putting my money into Rick & the prison, now this feels like I'm apart of Woodbury...

We need to get this more organized. This is a large group. First a private website for investors.
Public blog for CoinHorder to update us. Private forums that CH verify each account. Only people with current shares will have access. If you sell all your shares then your access will be removed.

For share trade/sells I propose this.
Members will find other members that want to sell/buy and come to agreement. Once a week/month, CH will go through a list of members that wish to trade. Members send payments, CH verifys, updates records, etc.

Take 10mins to setup, few days to get everyone to reg/verify forum accts. I have servers/domains. I'm sure half of us do. Don't know why it take us so long to do simple thing as this.
Drop me a PM CH if interested.

I like this approach.  Having a dedicated site/forum for this group would be ideal in my opinion.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
mrbrt

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:36:05 AM

This is the same reason non pass-through ASICMINER auctions now start around 50 shares per trade.  Auctions around the first dividend probably caused a few headaches for Friedcat due to selling a few shares here and a few shares there, etc. These kinds of trades are going to cause headaches for CoinHoarder, albeit a much smaller scale.  

Also, giving up "partial" spots in this opportunity just seems wrong to me.  Why not hold what you have and wait for the payback?  

Edit: CH, can you please update the original post with the order number list and excel spreadsheet of the buy-ins? Thank you.

I dont want to sell any shares, but I don't see why there is anything "wrong" with giving up partial shares. Perhaps someone wants to lessen their exposure? Seems completely reasonable to me.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:38:39 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2013, 01:57:27 AM by CoinHoarder

Well, there seems to be enough opposition to going on a security exchange that I am willing to scrap that idea.

ATTENTION INVESTORS:

First, I have taken some mBTC off of my ownership interest to make our numbers and percentages add up to 100% ownership of the seven Avalons.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7b7omfd7hrbk9gs/Ownership%20Percentages%20%26%20Profit%20Projections.xls

Second, everyone owns a percentage of ALL Avalon's that the group has ordered. Splitting up interest to each 7 Avalon's and making 7 different payments each month would be an accounting nightmare for me. Although there may be some downside to this for the very first investors, as others have mentioned, there are also advantages to owning a percentage in all of the Avalon's. For instance, if I ever have any technical problems with one of the Avalon's, at least you are still making BTC with the other six.

Third, I am willing to commit to a temporary solution to allow the buying and selling of ownership interest at this time. I will allow you guys to transfer/sell/buy shares to whomever you want... people in the group or out of the group, either one. I don't feel like it is fair to say you MUST sell your shares to people already in the group... if someone is offering you 3x what someone in the group will, by all means.. sell your shares to the highest bidder. I have the right to suspend the selling and buying of ownership interests at any time, as this was never covered in the original investment offer, I am only trying to accommodate you guys.

Ya'll must take care of all negotiating and transactions yourselves. To avoid people blaming me for transaction errors, all sales of ownership interest MUST be posted as a reply in this thread. The post to inform the group that you have sold your shares should be similar to the following format: I sold 1 BTC of my interest to <insert name> who would like to receive his dividends at <insert bitcoin address>. The amount of shares you're selling must be in BTC.

Ownership transactions are non reversible, so make sure you get paid first. I highly recommend you change your password on the forums to something secure, and something that you don't use on any other sites. I will not be held responsible for your account getting hacked and someone selling your shares to themselves.

I hope this temporary solution is OK for most of you, thanks,

Ch
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:46:46 AM

I agree we need a dedicated forum, this topic doesn't belong in the custom hardware section of bitcointalk.

Is anyone in the group willing to setup/host this for us?
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:47:18 AM

It's because we don't have a jazzy groupname yet. We need that to identify with.

Seriously though, it's probably because the group became way larger than expected and things escalated and CH has been busy with making sense out of his administration. It's a good idea to delegate some tasks (such as a site/forum) to several others.

Obviously, The Magnificent Seven.

I try to be respectful and informed.
cryptojournal

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:48:43 AM

Thank you CH.

Well, to those who want to sell their shares, you know about me. I won't pay 3.33 x the original BTC amount you paid. If you have a decent proposition for me, you can PM me here. Not something that would suppose a 4-5 month ROI after delivery if difficulty doubles (which it most probably will). If you find someone willing to pay 3.33 x the original amount, by all means sell your shares to them Smiley

CJ
koquillion

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:48:57 AM

I could go with that.
cryptojournal

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:50:00 AM

Obviously  Cheesy
Or maybe the original that inspired Sturges, "the Seven Samurai"?
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:58:41 AM

Obviously  Cheesy

"Find hungry Samurai"

I try to be respectful and informed.
koquillion

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 02:04:50 AM

Obviously  Cheesy

"Find hungry Samurai"

CoinHoarder and the Seven Dwarfs.
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 02:07:30 AM

I agree we need a dedicated forum, this topic doesn't belong in the custom hardware section of bitcointalk.

Is anyone in the group willing to setup/host this for us?

I've got a dedicated server at Softlayer that I could host it on. Any preference towards forum software?
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 02:11:39 AM

CoinHoarder and the Seven Dwarfs.

ROFL  Cheesy

I have updated the bottom of the OP to include all spreadsheets and also links to the latest updates. Any time I have an important update, I will post it at the bottom of the OP in case some do not want to wade through this long thread to pick out important information.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: