Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:37:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VLT | Veltor | Donar Network | Minimalism.  (Read 141283 times)
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:49:16 PM

Some conflicts going on in slack as VLT stating that it's too great an effort to bring VLT on another exchange and that it will likely stay on yobit forever.
Awishformore
I think people should ask themselves the question: if a project is really promising technically, why would it need to go to extreme lengths for marketing and getting on exchanges.
I believe that would save many people from getting involved with the many projects that will disappear 2-3 years from now when the blockchain market consolidates.

I can understand their position, it's better they spend their time on what they find interesting, but I also understand why people in the community want it on a more reliable exchange.

Yep their position is part of why I love the project, but I hope they will modify the policy down the line as more people come to it.
DurbanPoison

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:37:51 PM

I would really like to buy into this project but there's no way I'm sending anything to Yobit.

Please get VLT added to Novaexchange as someone else suggested... for Bittrex we should obviously wait for the new codebase but we do need a reliable exchange for trading now.
jasonv75 (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

I'm an artist, my paint is code

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 05:49:44 PM

Sunday update:

Veltor will do an initial coin offering in Q3-Q4 2017 in order to distribute the Veltor tokens created by the launch of the new client codebase. The foundation aims to raise between €5 and €20 million (the minimum and maximum will be somewhere in that range). The funds will be used to accelerate development, to sponsor research and to create the Donar Network, a revolutionary blockchain platform.

The Veltor project started as a hobby, but it has since grown beyond what anyone initially imagined. The technology has the potential to transcend the current blockchain disruption. Unfortunately, the vision has become too big to implement with the free time of a handful of people. We need to dedicate serious resources to reach the full potential of the platform.

80% of the tokens will be distributed to ICO investors, while 20% of the tokens will be granted to the foundation, including 5% of the total supply which will be swapped in direct exchange for old Veltor tokens. It will give early investors a chance to keep their initial investment reasonably intact in terms of absolute value. We can't deny, though, that it will significantly dilute their share of the total market capitalization.

We realize that this will upset and disappoint a number of loyal followers and sympathize with their position. Who wouldn't want to discover a promising project early and invest some money? Then, it turns out to be next big thing and generates life-changing money in the process. The reality is more sober, however: the funds invested by early investors didn't go to the project team and most of the early coins are held by miners. Without a serious injection of funds, Veltor cannot move forward as a project.

The conundrum was a difficult one. It's easy to say in hindsight, but the early developers probably made a mistake when they published a working client before implementing at least part of the Veltor vision. This lead to a market that reflected the speculative value of the project's future and thus takes value away from a possible ICO. It was a tough spot, but we had to address the situation. The announced ICO terms should lead the Veltor market to reflect the ICO valuation, which is a much more reasonable state for the old network and the future of the project.

As a team deeply rooted in the community, we are accutely aware of the fragile image of Veltor. This announcement certainly does not instill confidence in a market full of scams and questionable projects. We hope that most people will give us the benefit of the doubt for just a few more weeks. We promise you that we have many big announcements in the pipeline that should put any and all doubts to rest.

When we revealed Jason's identity, it was because we made the decision to take this project further. We want to instill the project with strong values and a solid foundation. We want to be transparent, accessible and open to the community. In that spirit, please get in touch with us if you have any sincere questions. We will do our very best to put your minds at ease.

No matter your decision, thank you for your support.

Veltor.
aleet

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:59:45 PM

Sunday update:

Veltor will do an initial coin offering in Q3-Q4 2017 in order to distribute the Veltor tokens created by the launch of the new client codebase. The foundation aims to raise between €5 and €20 million (the minimum and maximum will be somewhere in that range). The funds will be used to accelerate development, to sponsor research and to create the Donar Network, a revolutionary blockchain platform.

The Veltor project started as a hobby, but it has since grown beyond what anyone initially imagined. The technology has the potential to transcend the current blockchain disruption. Unfortunately, the vision has become too big to implement with the free time of a handful of people. We need to dedicate serious resources to reach the full potential of the platform.

80% of the tokens will be distributed to ICO investors, while 20% of the tokens will be granted to the foundation, including 5% of the total supply which will be swapped in direct exchange for old Veltor tokens. It will give early investors a chance to keep their initial investment reasonably intact in terms of absolute value. We can't deny, though, that it will significantly dilute their share of the total market capitalization.

We realize that this will upset and disappoint a number of loyal followers and sympathize with their position. Who wouldn't want to discover a promising project early and invest some money? Then, it turns out to be next big thing and generates life-changing money in the process. The reality is more sober, however: the funds invested by early investors didn't go to the project team and most of the early coins are held by miners. Without a serious injection of funds, Veltor cannot move forward as a project.

The conundrum was a difficult one. It's easy to say in hindsight, but the early developers probably made a mistake when they published a working client before implementing at least part of the Veltor vision. This lead to a market that reflected the speculative value of the project's future and thus takes value away from a possible ICO. It was a tough spot, but we had to address the situation. The announced ICO terms should lead the Veltor market to reflect the ICO valuation, which is a much more reasonable state for the old network and the future of the project.

As a team deeply rooted in the community, we are accutely aware of the fragile image of Veltor. This announcement certainly does not instill confidence in a market full of scams and questionable projects. We hope that most people will give us the benefit of the doubt for just a few more weeks. We promise you that we have many big announcements in the pipeline that should put any and all doubts to rest.

When we revealed Jason's identity, it was because we made the decision to take this project further. We want to instill the project with strong values and a solid foundation. We want to be transparent, accessible and open to the community. In that spirit, please get in touch with us if you have any sincere questions. We will do our very best to put your minds at ease.

Shitstorm in 3... 2... 1..
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 06:01:09 PM

It will give early investors a chance to keep their initial investment reasonably intact in terms of absolute value.

Reasonably intact? You absolute scumbags. You could easily raise significant funds without deliberately screwing over the early investors like this.

I don't see how anyone in the space is going to trust you again.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
KKbit

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:03:21 PM

So the past weeks of dumping was because some lucky ones with inside info about this devalutaion of current tokens and new ICO.

Nice way to go and now asking for more 5 to 20 million not sure whose money is gonna be but not mine for sure.

Smells like scam everywhere.

styn234

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:12:24 PM

Sunday update:
early investors a chance to keep their initial investment reasonably intact in terms of absolute value. We can't deny, though, that it will significantly dilute their share of the total market capitalization.

Shitstorm in 3... 2... 1..

yeah wtf so ill lose 95% of my share, thats the most unreasonable thing i have heard all day
no matter your decision (because we win anyways), thanks for your support (so we could dump on it)
alt213

Activity: 537
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:19:06 PM

€5 and €20 million  Shocked
Veltor is good project because it was started from nothing, always greed ruin good projects.
kingcrimson
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:25:51 PM

What will be the new coin supply? And original holders only get 5 % trade in? So we're being diluted by 95 % ?
KKbit

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:28:27 PM

Veltor lost all the little credibilty it had left.

I was holding like most thinking veltor dump had to do with the BTC highs, but no, it was all linked with this decision and team and their  friends antecipating it, dumping in long term holders.

SCAM

Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:30:53 PM

so this thing turned into a scam? i was looking forward to the 0.01 value with a huge pump as it was looking very promising, very sad for this, i'm lucky that i hold only 10 veltor, and indeed yobit isn't helping, select another exchange which is not a pump and dump fest

jeewaka

Activity: 248

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:33:48 PM

Sunday update:

Well I am not sure you are aware, nobody invests in ICO's when you wear a mask. Also did you look in to what happened to the ShadowProject? when they tried to do a ICO, its exactly what you are trying to do.
They failed even with their faces shown. Well its one thing to be be a great coder, and another thing to ask for people's hard earned money while you are being secretive.
But as always I really hope this pans out, usually does.

Bitdegree██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
|██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512

quarkchain.io

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:36:21 PM

@Developer team( aka: JasonV)
To do such thing as you described the ICO part and that slap on your current supporters , you have to create and follow some very strong roadmap. Not just a little bit of "sunday updates". I mean - if you intend to gain investors here , you need to gain their trust first.
That's a low of work should have to be done before unleash a statement like that...
Otherwise you're flushing your current supporters to the toilet...
kingcrimson
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:47:43 PM

Sunday update:

Well I am not sure you are aware, nobody invests in ICO's when you wear a mask. Also did you look in to what happened to the ShadowProject? when they tried to do a ICO, its exactly what you are trying to do.
They failed even with their faces shown. Well its one thing to be be a great coder, and another thing to ask for people's hard earned money while you are being secretive.

The bet now is who would give $5 mill to these people, when it was already heavily accused of being a JC scam. How dumb do they think people are? I have a suspicion that JC already bailed and the rest have scrambled together to salvage it.
jeewaka

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:50:37 PM

You are absolutely right. This is why we decided to kill off the Jason facade and reveal the team behind the project. We should probably have done this sooner, but the project grew and became serious a lot faster than we were prepared for.

Tell me even with a roadmap , how am I or others to trust you when you change without community input?
I am very sure knowing what you had done so far, you guys will change the roadmap on a whim.
You have to have a working product in testnet before anybody will invest in an ICO without a proven track record.
You want the community invest in an ICO, but without community input, do you see the what i am getting at?

Bitdegree██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
|██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
KKbit

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:50:54 PM

So the past weeks of dumping was because some lucky ones with inside info about this devalutaion of current tokens and new ICO.

Nice way to go and now asking for more 5 to 20 million not sure whose money is gonna be but not mine for sure.

Smells like scam everywhere.

I'm sad to see you go, I hope that you will consider changing your mind once you see what we have in store. The reason why we revealed this decision before posting any substantial updates was to get it out in the open in a transparent and fair way.

I can vouch for the entire team behind the project. No one from the Veltor team has sold anything over the last 1-2 weeks. In terms of the dump, the majority of it happened before anyone else knew about it.

No I won't consider it anymore, ever. I might have a newbie tag but don't fool me.

What a coincidence price drops 150% in one week and you saying nobody knew this decision.

You think we are retarded? To bad I know many will still buy into this scam coin.

There are hundreds of projects outhere you should have shame of what you doing.

raimch89
Legendary

Activity: 1169

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:54:37 PM

- 150 %?
you know with only -100 % vlt value is 0? so -150 %... Cheesy
jeewaka

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:55:02 PM

€5 and €20 million  Shocked
Veltor is good project because it was started from nothing, always greed ruin good projects.

I think you could argue whether it's greed or vision. We have concrete plans that need concrete resources. Without fundraising, the project would have died soon. The team has invested a lot of personal money to keep the project going, but at some point, that's not sustainable anymore.

Can you show us the concrete plans that require resources?
What personal money to keep the project going? I honestly would like to see that?
I would have donated to the costs as I have done for other projects that have a great vision.
Are you talking about the website for Veltor? as thats the only thing the community see's.

Bitdegree██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
|██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
raimch89
Legendary

Activity: 1169

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:58:27 PM

i hope swap between vlt and token is not 1 to 1
kingcrimson
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 07:04:06 PM

i hope swap between vlt and token is not 1 to 1

They are only giving off 5 % of the supply. We've been given the boot.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: