Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:49:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PASC] PascalCoin: Induplicatable NFT  (Read 990665 times)
PascalCoin (OP)

Activity: 334
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 09:24:57 AM

One question, as much as I know after 4 years all inactive PASA account will be recycle, but, if I send somo PASC to an account the clock will be reset to another 4 years, no?  Huh

Inactive account = No operation made that altered this account.

So, if you own account X, you don't do anything in 3 years, but suddenly account X receives some coins from other accounts, the account inactive timestamp will reset to 0 and will need to wait 4 more years prior to recycle. Note that you didn't altered account X, but somebody sending coins to you did.

PascalCoin is the first crypto currency without need of historical operations to control double spend and with ORDINAL account numbers. YES! LIKE A BANK!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PascalCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:34:03 PM

Dear PascalCoin users,

New PascalCoin Build 4.0.0

Build 4.0.0 - 2018-10-26
- MANDATORY UPGRADE - HARD FORK ACTIVATION WILL OCCUR ON BLOCK 260000
  - PIP - 0009: RandomHash (New mining algo)
    - RandomHash is a new hash algo created by Herman Schoenfeld, see https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/blob/master/PIP/PIP-0009.md
  - PIP - 0015: Fast Block Propagation
  - PIP - 0016: Layer-2 protocol support
  - Critical bug fix: New digest hash for signature verifications
  - Limit blockchain to allow max only one 0-fee operation by signer per block (prior was limited by network, not by core) 
  - Added OrderedAccountKeysList that allows an indexed search of public keys in the safebox with mem optimization
  - Improved net protections

You will find source code on Github:
https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/releases/tag/4.0.0

Binaries also at Github or at SourceForge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pascalcoin

Remember: Hard fork activation at block 260000, probably on Thursday, 15-November-18
Mandatory upgrade to Version 4 prior to block 260000

PascalCoin is the first crypto currency without need of historical operations to control double spend and with ORDINAL account numbers. YES! LIKE A BANK!
AlloM

Activity: 798
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:35:59 PM

How to make my wallet sync again it stuck on last week after a hour it doens't showing any progress. Is there any working node for this to make it sync again?
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:02:01 PM

Where is the best place to discuss randomhash?

DeepLee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:25:10 AM

Where is the best place to discuss randomhash?

You can join Discord from pascalcoin official website. https://www.pascalcoin.org/
And discuss randomhash in channel #pip9-randomhash

PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain
tlaskows

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

Join GANTECH’s team of game changers

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 01:25:00 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2018, 04:10:24 PM by tlaskows

How to make my wallet sync again it stuck on last week after a hour it doens't showing any progress. Is there any working node for this to make it sync again?

It syncs fine.

I have been running production 4.0.0 since the 26th.  Compiled from source.

It takes time if your local wallet has not been in use for a while.

GANTECH | End-User Computing Solutions
http://gantech.net/who-we-are/our-leaders/
tlaskows

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 06:34:00 AM

Dear PascalCoin users,

New PascalCoin Build 4.0.0

Build 4.0.0 - 2018-10-26
- MANDATORY UPGRADE - HARD FORK ACTIVATION WILL OCCUR ON BLOCK 260000
  - PIP - 0009: RandomHash (New mining algo)
    - RandomHash is a new hash algo created by Herman Schoenfeld, see https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/blob/master/PIP/PIP-0009.md
  - PIP - 0015: Fast Block Propagation
  - PIP - 0016: Layer-2 protocol support
  - Critical bug fix: New digest hash for signature verifications
  - Limit blockchain to allow max only one 0-fee operation by signer per block (prior was limited by network, not by core) 
  - Added OrderedAccountKeysList that allows an indexed search of public keys in the safebox with mem optimization
  - Improved net protections

You will find source code on Github:
https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/releases/tag/4.0.0

Binaries also at Github or at SourceForge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pascalcoin

Remember: Hard fork activation at block 260000, probably on Thursday, 15-November-18
Mandatory upgrade to Version 4 prior to block 260000

Thank you.

One question.  I have been running a node (mining with few instances of v3 on a CPU to verify the ops - it will never find a block obviously).

My IP address shows up as a server. 

Currently I don't have my keys on this computer (they are offline).  Do I need to import my wallet before the HF or can I use the random key that daemon generated?

PascalCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:23:45 PM

Thank you.

One question.  I have been running a node (mining with few instances of v3 on a CPU to verify the ops - it will never find a block obviously).

Currently I don't have my keys on this computer (they are offline).  Do I need to import my wallet before the HF or can I use the random key that daemon generated?

Keys does not need to be available on the Hard fork, they are independent.

If you want to mine, keep the private key in a safe backup, otherwise if you lost it your mined coins will not be accessible.

tlaskows

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 07:50:58 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2018, 04:05:19 PM by tlaskows

Thank you.

One question.  I have been running a node (mining with few instances of v3 on a CPU to verify the ops - it will never find a block obviously).

Currently I don't have my keys on this computer (they are offline).  Do I need to import my wallet before the HF or can I use the random key that daemon generated?

Keys does not need to be available on the Hard fork, they are independent.

If you want to mine, keep the private key in a safe backup, otherwise if you lost it your mined coins will not be accessible.

Thank you.

That answers my question.
BTW.  I do want to mine and help to keep the network decentralised.

Best,

~Thomas

tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 04:09:13 PM

@nightraven
@polyminer
@jason

How many blocks per month would an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x be able so solve?
I ran the TESTNET on various old CPUs and have no clue which one to use.

I have this one.  But it only has a fan controller with fans hooked up to it.   Huh

tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 04:15:19 PM

LOL, Boot into Windows then instead of Ubuntu ! LOL.

I don't have Windows.  My MacBook died and I cannot afford another one.  It ran Windows.

I have been trying to fix it for several months.  It's non-repairable.

Sad

tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 12:08:36 PM

RE.  TESTNET.

I put two 4770ks on it last night (old gaming computers).
It's still going.  I was curious how Windows binaries compare to Linux.

Wink

syclone

Activity: 755
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:19:19 PM

Hey all, what is Poloniex doing for the fork?  That is where my coins are now. 
tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 12:21:12 AM

For Poloniex support, you need to contact them.
They take forever.
My coins were there for 7 months (missing from the blockchain/stuck).  Now on local wallet.
That's a huge risk if you ask me.

nightraven

Activity: 286
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 01:16:28 AM

Don't worry Poloniex will update to the new version.
Skybuck

Activity: 384
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:18:27 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2018, 06:34:44 AM by Skybuck

Heya Folks,

Today is the first time I saw RandomHash in action, it was quite amuzing (why is secret for now). Unfortunately my main CPU is probably a bit too slow to compete with modern CPUs though with a bit of luck maybe some mining can be done, or maybe some parts of the randomhash can be executed on gpu Tongue though I am not yet sure if there will be CPU-mining pools I would guess so which might make mining with a single CPU useless anyway.

However that is not the main reason I am writing this.

The main reason is this:

I just tested the new miner on a very shitty german laptop which I got for free from somebody... I ran multiple miners on it... and after only a few minutes the laptop shut off... it probably got to warm.

This is a little bit alarming really ! Cause this laptop was able to game, but somehow it shuts off... I did kinda let the laptop fall while setting it down near a candy carnval shop not sure if that has anything to do with it and it also has driver/IRQ blue screen issues probably cause I stopped some services or maybe there is some other damage... not sure though...

Hover this shutdown seemed different... total black screen and simply power down.

What I am concerned about... even on my main system ! is this:

RandomHash alledgedly uses some "memory algorithm" which is supposedly hard to run on a GPU and it's memory chips, so now instead it will run on CPU/MAIN RAM right ?! (The gpu option of the pascalminer is not to be used... ?! instead cpu option !)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!! SO THE ISSUE/WARNING ALERT IS THIS: !!!

RandomHash will make your memory chips RUN HOT !!!!

!!! Probably/maybe much hotter than normal !!!

And at least on my hardware there is no way to check the MEMORY TEMPERATURE OF MAIN RAM ?!?!?!?!?!?!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So as far as I am concerned this is a very bad and dangerous situation.

I can monitor CPU core temperatures fine with CPUID HWMonitor tool/software. I can monitor GPU cores with GPU-z and such.

But here is my point:

Monitoring the temperatures of memory chips is unheard of as far as I know ?!

My hardware is old though.

Can your hardware and software monitor your memory chip temperatures ?!?!??!?!?!??!???!?!!!!?!?!?!?

If so please backup any claims with screenshots as proof !!!!! Smiley)

Note:

I have been through the experience of having a RAM memory chip develop 1 single bit error probably due to heat, static discharge can also not completely be ruled out.

This was a very scary experience which lead to file to file copy corruption and zip corruption and cd/dvd burning corruption at the time... very scary.

I would definetly not like to go through something like that again.

So this is a big worry right now.

Nobody really knows what kind of HEAT and STRESS RandomHash will cause on main RAM memory chips.

Perhaps this very shitty german laptop is a very fortunate thing to happen... without it... this potential issue may have remained hidden for some time... until much later... when better ventilated systems might also start showing damage because of this. Now the issue was immediately detected by this shitty german hp laptop with intel hardware/cpu in it.

I have used my current main system for 12 years and I am pretty confident it can handle all kinds of memory stress/loads cause god knows I have stressed the shit out of it with all kinds of softwares lol and test programs.

However RandomHash might be something totally different/something totally new that may tax RAM chips like never before ?! So I am slightly worried about this.

It seems to only use 1 or 2 MB of RAM or so from these chips (according to pip/documents, not evaluated via monitoring tools yet), but this specific section will probably become pretty damn hot !

Now imagine running this for 24 hours non-stop ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

You may be risking damage to your RAM chip ! So consider yourself warned.

I hope to god that I am wrong... cause it would be cool if I was wrong... but this laptop shutting down might be a sign of things to come...

For your information: This laptop was used to run a pretty hot game: "Master of Orion"...

Hopefully the shutdown is not related to heat... but I am pretty damn sure it was... because the FANS started spinning up like crazy.

First miner: it was like ok... little bit of fan spin.

Second miner: wow... much more fan spin...

Third miner: fans going super load/max for a laptop...  few seconds later... BAM laptop shuts down...

This was an i3 core laptop 2 real cores 2 logical cores.... so this thing has hyper threading...  maybe it was a hyper threading bug but I don't think so... maybe the laptop has special overheat protection software or maybe it's just the CPU inside forcing the shutdown... or perhaps some motherboard sensors near memory chips shutting this thing down. Pretty sure it's heat related though. (So I don't know exactly what happened cause I don't know this fucking laptop that well lol... but it was pretty damn scary ! it rarely or almost never did this during master of orion... not that I can clearly remember... maybe one time or so... maybe two times... but then I shutdown many services... currently it has some services which may not be necessary but nothing to bad... before running the software the system was pretty idle... so I don't think these services are contributing to much to heat... though I could try and shut some down... I don't think it will matter measure... and the overheat/shutdown result will probably be the same. Perhaps because this enclosure is so small... the heat from the memory chips reaches cpu sensors... ofcourse I could be completely off the mark... and perhaps it's the CPU itself that is totally overheating... that could be and would be very funny as well... then intel's/hp products truely crap then again one might consider this some abnormal heat/load detection by advanced software and shutting it down out of precaution... though it more seems like some shitty overheat situation which is simply bad product design... your mileage may vary... very interested in hearing about any other systems shutting down because of overheat ! Wink)

Here is my question for you:

"How the fuck are you going to measure your RAM chips temperatures ?!" Would love it if somebody could actually do this ? =D

Bye for now,
  Skybuck.
tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 07:05:33 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2018, 07:45:22 AM by tlaskows

Heya Folks,

Today is the first time I saw RandomHash in action, it was quite amuzing (why is secret for now). Unfortunately my main CPU is probably a bit too slow to compete with modern CPUs though with a bit of luck maybe some mining can be done, or maybe some parts of the randomhash can be executed on gpu Tongue though I am not yet sure if there will be CPU-mining pools I would guess so which might make mining with a single CPU useless anyway.

However that is not the main reason I am writing this.

The main reason is this:

I just tested the new miner on a very shitty german laptop which I got for free from somebody... I ran multiple miners on it... and after only a few minutes the laptop shut off... it probably got to warm.

This is a little bit alarming really ! Cause this laptop was able to game, but somehow it shuts off... I did kinda let the laptop fall while setting it down near a candy carnval shop not sure if that has anything to do with it and it also has driver/IRQ blue screen issues probably cause I stopped some services or maybe there is some other damage... not sure though...

Hover this shutdown seemed different... total black screen and simply power down.

What I am concerned about... even on my main system ! is this:

RandomHash alledgedly uses some "memory algorithm" which is supposedly hard to run on a GPU and it's memory chips, so now instead it will run on CPU/MAIN RAM right ?! (The gpu option of the pascalminer is not to be used... ?! instead cpu option !)

!!! SO THE ISSUE/WARNING ALERT IS THIS: !!!

RandomHash will make your memory chips RUN HOT !!!!

!!! Probably/maybe much hotter than normal !!!

And at least on my hardware there is no way to check the MEMORY TEMPERATURE OF MAIN RAM ?!?!?!?!?!?!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So as far as I am concerned this is a very bad and dangerous situation.

I can monitor CPU core temperatures fine with CPUID HWMonitor tool/software. I can monitor GPU cores with GPU-z and such.

But here is my point:

Monitoring the temperatures of memory chips is unheard of as far as I know ?!

My hardware is old though.

Can your hardware and software monitor your memory chip temperatures ?!?!??!?!?!??!???!?!!!!?!?!?!?

If so please backup any claims with screenshots as proof !!!!! Smiley)

Note:

I have been through the experience of having a RAM memory chip develop 1 single bit error probably due to heat, static discharge can also not completely be ruled out.

This was a very scary experience which lead to file to file copy corruption and zip corruption and cd/dvd burning corruption at the time... very scary.

I would definetly not like to go through something like that again.

So this is a big worry right now.

Nobody really knows what kind of HEAT and STRESS RandomHash will cause on main RAM memory chips.

Perhaps this very shitty german laptop is a very fortunate thing to happen... without it... this potential issue may have remained hidden for some time... until much later... when better ventilated systems might also start showing damage because of this. Now the issue was immediately detected by this shitty german hp laptop with intel hardware/cpu in it.

I have used my current main system for 12 years and I am pretty confident it can handle all kinds of memory stress/loads cause god knows I have stressed the shit out of it with all kinds of softwares lol and test programs.

However RandomHash might be something totally different/something totally new that may tax RAM chips like never before ?! So I am slightly worried about this.

It seems to only use 1 or 2 MB of RAM or so from these chips (according to pip/documents, not evaluated via monitoring tools yet), but this specific section will probably become pretty damn hot !

Now imagine running this for 24 hours non-stop ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

You may be risking damage to your RAM chip ! So consider yourself warned.

I hope to god that I am wrong... cause it would be cool if I was wrong... but this laptop shutting down might be a sign of things to come...

For your information: This laptop was used to run a pretty hot game: "Master of Orion"...

Hopefully the shutdown is not related to heat... but I am pretty damn sure it was... because the FANS started spinning up like crazy.

First miner: it was like ok... little bit of fan spin.

Second miner: wow... much more fan spin...

Third miner: fans going super load/max for a laptop...  few seconds later... BAM laptop shuts down...

This was an i3 core laptop 2 real cores 2 logical cores.... so this thing has hyper threading...  maybe it was a hyper threading bug but I don't think so... maybe the laptop has special overheat protection software or maybe it's just the CPU inside forcing the shutdown... or perhaps some motherboard sensors near memory chips shutting this thing down. Pretty sure it's heat related though. (So I don't know exactly what happened cause I don't know this fucking laptop that well lol... but it was pretty damn scary ! it rarely or almost never did this during master of orion... not that I can clearly remember... maybe one time or so... maybe two times... but then I shutdown many services... currently it has some services which may not be necessary but nothing to bad... before running the software the system was pretty idle... so I don't think these services are contributing to much to heat... though I could try and shut some down... I don't think it will matter measure... and the overheat/shutdown result will probably be the same. Perhaps because this enclosure is so small... the heat from the memory chips reaches cpu sensors... ofcourse I could be completely off the mark... and perhaps it's the CPU itself that is totally overheating... that could be and would be very funny as well... then intel's/hp products truely crap then again one might consider this some abnormal heat/load detection by advanced software and shutting it down out of precaution... though it more seems like some shitty overheat situation which is simply bad product design... your mileage may vary... very interested in hearing about any other systems shutting down because of overheat ! Wink)

Here is my question for you:

"How the fuck are you going to measure your RAM chips temperatures ?!" Would love it if somebody could actually do this ? =D

Bye for now,
  Skybuck.

RandomHash is CPU biased.  Implementation for GPUs is possible, but it will never be efficient (by design).

It uses as much CPU as you let it.  I have been running it 24/7 on an overclocked 4770k @ 4.5 GH/z (7 year old CPU) w 1 stick of value ram (no heatsinks).

I have a water cooler on it.  It gets up to 70 degrees with 100% load on all cores @ 4.5GHz.

Don't mine on a laptop.  I tested it on an old MacBook Pro running Kali (core i7 quad).  It can run stable 24/7 (with 3 cores loaded) and that laptop is the worst design ever in terms of thermal.

Systems do shutdown if they are not stable or overheat.  It's to protect your hardware.  It's normal behavior.  There are 1000s of settings in the BIOS.  You can change that.

I put 2 volts into the vcore of my i7-4770k for few minutes because I missed a decimal point in the BIOS.  It didn't shut down, but the CPU boiled to 100 degrees.

thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:14:04 PM

PASC is going back to CPU only mining? Shocked

Go Big or Go Home.
wangmidi

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:18:27 PM

Pascal Coin project technology team is strong, technology and marketing capabilities are first-class, the future development is worth investor's optimism.
tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 01:54:34 PM

PASC is going back to CPU only mining? Shocked

No.  GPUs and ASICs will still work.
It's a hard fork, but it doesn't mean the original PascalCoin hash algorithm is being "abandoned" for those who can afford tens of thousands in hardware.  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 »
  Print  

Jump to: