Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:43:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 1188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  (Read 1253585 times)
arccoin

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 10:58:48 AM

Participating in all bounties.

Great project @Iconomi and @Cashila team.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:03:46 AM

as my previous question is not answered until now, all I can say is that it is becoming common trend for project to "invent a new platform on the blockchain to make money for investors, trading opportunities, dividends" plus other fancy keywords without any explanation of what exactly they will do. You want to get 1m USD funding with words? Not even an idea? I am also surprised (but if you quote Einstein it's obvious) that people come here and comment "wow interesting". What is?

Its the usual scam these days. some of them don't even use escrow like Opair ICO. The rest push through even after the ICO and seem to turn out to be legit. This ICONOMI however will return the funds if they don't achieve 2000btc. Not sure if i can believe that but we'll see later what will happen.

I believe that they will return the funds once they will not achieve their target of 2000 Bitcoin, They have a good team on board in ICONOMI. As an investor that's the risk we are willing to take when we are investing in any kind projects.
ICONOMI (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:41:28 AM

as my previous question is not answered until now, all I can say is that it is becoming common trend for project to "invent a new platform on the blockchain to make money for investors, trading opportunities, dividends" plus other fancy keywords without any explanation of what exactly they will do. You want to get 1m USD funding with words? Not even an idea? I am also surprised (but if you quote Einstein it's obvious) that people come here and comment "wow interesting". What is?

Its the usual scam these days. some of them don't even use escrow like Opair ICO. The rest push through even after the ICO and seem to turn out to be legit. This ICONOMI however will return the funds if they don't achieve 2000btc. Not sure if i can believe that but we'll see later what will happen.
the amount which is targeted is quite big indeed but it's still have the possibilities,getting refunded if can't reach the target seems pretty good deal as long there's no cut off on investment,but only 5 week just seems quite short time to be honest

A blog post about escrow and the way money will be returned will be published later today. I can confirm that in case of not reaching 2k BTC funds will be returned in full. All 100%.

We wanted to have escrow partners that are known in the community or have their own projects. And they will not jeopardise their own projects for us. Max from LISK and Gasper from Xaurum would lost all the trust in their project if they don't deliver what is to delivered. Also Alexander, which is known in Ethereum communities in Vienna and Munchen.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 11:52:29 AM

I believe that they will return the funds once they will not achieve their target of 2000 Bitcoin, They have a good team on board in ICONOMI. As an investor that's the risk we are willing to take when we are investing in any kind projects.

So those who participate to have bounties won't get their bounties once this coin ICO don't get to have 2000btc?
How muxh have been gathered so far?

Its not as scammy as other ICO but then not reaching the targeted btc amount is going to be a problem.
ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:54:57 AM

So those who participate to have bounties won't get their bounties once this coin ICO don't get to have 2000btc?

Its not as scammy as other ICO but then not reaching the targeted btc amount is going to be a problem.

That is correct. ICO starts on 25th August.

To play the safe side you should wait till we reach 2k BTC. To be on more profitable, but slightly riskier (in case we don't raise 2k BTC) side you can start now.
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 12:07:37 PM

I see this good project rapping some other ICO.

They will learn how to make a financial success with ICONOMI!

Keep working guys!

Divorcion

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 12:35:11 PM

project looks fresh but a minimum amount of 2000 btc is not less.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 12:46:31 PM

lets see how this project works guys 2000 btc is really a good start to implement all the project that the dev wants to establish and develop
keep supporting will see results after.
ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:08:15 PM

ICONOMI tokens will be issued on the Ethereum platform as a smart contract. Initial distribution will be assigned to accounts participating in the ICO. After that, token will be easily transmittable to whichever private key you want or simply kept safely on ICONOMI platform. Token supply will not be increased and there won’t be any inflation of ICONOMI tokens.

ICN token supply: 100 mio
Crowdsale: 85 mio
Early stage marketing and bounties: 2 mio
Advisors: 2 mio
Team: 8 mio
Reserve for future team: 3 mio

1.That's all specs? Token supply will not be increased - 100 millions total max amount of supply tokens,right? If that right how you would be paid a stake part to every member of your startup hype you would be doing that manually from your dev fund,sending stake rewards to your clients,monitoring states of tweets RT,posts,re-posts.
2. If here we have a stake rewards,may be here would be used a PoS method of work after launch? If here would be use PoS,what about stake interest per year for ICONOMY?
3. Your Premine have same amount with max amount of total supply tokens,right? So here not available generating new tokens after launch,if you sell all ICO funds by your ICO campaign. In that case we must getting a static amount of tokens since launch right? Or you are simply not getting full info about that part of your specs? Can you getting more clear info about?
4. If you are want be based on Eth platform ,why you are plain to collect and hold a main part of you ICO fund in BTC? You are not believe in Eth future? But if you are want be build on ETH platform,work of your net fully depends from ETH,and price here depends too.
5. And really guys what you want to realize in the end( if all your plans not a simple bookmarks and empty noise) ? ICO centralization fund for decentralize cryptocurrencies? On that moment trading,using,mining crypto it's a crime in EU or anywhere else? Alternative decentralize economic have now ways for use it legal without ICONOMY centralize funds,without simply speculating interest what else you can present here? No any innovations,no new algo or technical features,no any new ideas(promises),Standart pump and dump OP with 2000 Btc lowest start level. Why not a 18 million of BTC guys? If you are collect it you are can control fully all market. Good luck. First investors catch profits here anyway. 2000 BTC not a problem after LISK,right guys?

Great questions!

1. More specs will come early next week. But as it will be issued on top of Ethereum there won't be any POS/POW etc. Contract for now will be issued on ETH chain. Token supply will be fixed at 100m. Twitter/FB bounties are done via API. We can't count that manually. Newsletter is straightforward. Signatures and translations have to be checked at first and will be counted at the end of campaign. Monitoring will be done asap as campaign starts on our ICO site.

2. On top of Ethereum. Why we don't run our own blockchain? Because value is elsewhere. Not on a blockchain itself. Kind of like why Xaurum migrated from their own blockchain on top of ETH chain.

3. Crowdsale will be for 85m tokens. 15m will be distributed and reserved for team and future use cases. The distinction here compared with other "coins" is that this is actually share of a company which will be generating value and providing "dividends" back to the token holders.

4. We'll be collecting funds in BTC / ETH / LSK. Only threshold is set up in BTC number. We could also say 1m USD or 100k ETH. It's just for perception.

5. To understand what we're doing you need to forget "coin" mentality. This is not just a coin. If you have time please do read our whitepaper. It's really well written. We'll create a product for the whales of this world don't want to go into hundred of different blockchain projects and cryptocurrencies, they often just want to invest into the broader picture. Blockchain - yes or no? And ICONOMI will offer them exactly that.
coinmenace

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:28:14 PM

Does the project already have a visual presentation of the ROADMAP? When will it be launched - right after ICO?

EDIT: Found it:

sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:29:32 PM

ICONOMI tokens will be issued on the Ethereum platform as a smart contract. Initial distribution will be assigned to accounts participating in the ICO. After that, token will be easily transmittable to whichever private key you want or simply kept safely on ICONOMI platform. Token supply will not be increased and there won’t be any inflation of ICONOMI tokens.

1.That's all specs? Token supply will not be increased - 100 millions total max amount of supply tokens,right? If that right how you would be paid a stake part to every member of your startup hype you would be doing that manually from your dev fund,sending stake rewards to your clients,monitoring states of tweets RT,posts,re-posts.
2. If here we have a stake rewards,may be here would be used a PoS method of work after launch? If here would be use PoS,what about stake interest per year for ICONOMY?
3. Your Premine have same amount with max amount of total supply tokens,right? So here not available generating new tokens after launch,if you sell all ICO funds by your ICO campaign. In that case we must getting a static amount of tokens since launch right? Or you are simply not getting full info about that part of your specs? Can you getting more clear info about?
4. If you are want be based on Eth platform ,why you are plain to collect and hold a main part of you ICO fund in BTC? You are not believe in Eth future? But if you are want be build on ETH platform,work of your net fully depends from ETH,and price here depends too.
5. And really guys what you want to realize in the end( if all your plans not a simple bookmarks and empty noise) ? ICO centralization fund for decentralize cryptocurrencies? On that moment trading,using,mining crypto it's a crime in EU or anywhere else? Alternative decentralize economic have now ways for use it legal without ICONOMY centralize funds,without simply speculating interest what else you can present here? No any innovations,no new algo or technical features,no any new ideas(promises),Standart pump and dump OP with 2000 Btc lowest start level. Why not a 18 million of BTC guys? If you are collect it you are can control fully all market. Good luck. First investors catch profits here anyway. 2000 BTC not a problem after LISK,right guys?

Great questions!

1. More specs will come early next week. But as it will be issued on top of Ethereum there won't be any POS/POW etc. Contract for now will be issued on ETH chain. Token supply will be fixed at 100m. Twitter/FB bounties are done via API. We can't count that manually. Newsletter is straightforward. Signatures and translations have to be checked at first and will be counted at the end of campaign. Monitoring will be done asap as campaign starts on our ICO site.

2. On top of Ethereum. Why we don't run our own blockchain? Because value is elsewhere. Not on a blockchain itself. Kind of like why Xaurum migrated from their own blockchain on top of ETH chain.

3. Crowdsale will be for 85m tokens. 15m will be distributed and reserved for team and future use cases. The distinction here compared with other "coins" is that this is actually share of a company which will be generating value and providing "dividends" back to the token holders.

4. We'll be collecting funds in BTC / ETH / LSK. Only threshold is set up in BTC number. We could also say 1m USD or 100k ETH. It's just for perception.

5. To understand what we're doing you need to forget "coin" mentality. This is not just a coin. If you have time please do read our whitepaper. It's really well written. We'll create a product for the whales of this world don't want to go into hundred of different blockchain projects and cryptocurrencies, they often just want to invest into the broader picture. Blockchain - yes or no? And ICONOMI will offer them exactly that.

Just to be clear the 8 mln your claiming for the Team will be your salaries ? U wont be dipping into the 2k + Btc  u hope to raise to pay yourselves ?
How will those 8 mln be distributed to the team ? not all at once I hope.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
mike77777

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:46:32 PM

Polish translation
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1590499.msg15972329#msg15972329
roguetrader

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 02:50:44 PM

My thoughts on the whitepaper :

What attracts me the most is the Transparent Open Fund Management (OFM) platform, the idea of individuals creating their own investments funds is really powerful, in the old economy although possible it is prohibitively expensive to do so and to attract investors is impossible. For investors into the funds the transparency is another differential and also powerful.
But do i think the platform will disrupt the asset management industry ? Unfortunately in my opinion not while the platform allow just position on coins, if at any point in time in the future i am also able to buy other assets through the platform, example i have a portfolio which is short ETH, long S&P500 and short USDJPY, then this have a real potential of disrupting the industry, but i imagine we are far away from this reality at this point, because of regulation.
But still it is an idea that i want be in from the start because the successful paths that the platform can take are many, even if the OFM doesn't fly on the short/middle term. Also can't wait to open my own crypto quantitative fund ! Grin Grin Grin Grin
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 03:06:59 PM

That is correct. ICO starts on 25th August.

To play the safe side you should wait till we reach 2k BTC. To be on more profitable, but slightly riskier (in case we don't raise 2k BTC) side you can start now.

I can see that your project is very clear in all expects and you are very clear that after reaching the target only all other process will be done, then it is really riskier for all bountiers who have joined for translation and twitter bounty their all work will be get ruined if the target is not achieved, so i think it is better to wait till the ico is finished or else if they can take risk then they can submit their bounty and hope that the project get fully success.

I am having hope that 2k will not be problem for your project to clear in the first phase of ICO as your picture is very clear, 
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 03:43:08 PM

i'm still a little afraid of this but i'll join the bounties.
in the mean time i'll think more about join the ICO too.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 04:09:29 PM

Since the previous ICO I've watched (LIR) turned to be, well somehow, fishy, I'm still treading alight on this new ICO (which on the OP is a little interesting, I might say). I might chuck in something if more reputable members of the community give some positive comments to this but for now, I'd stay on the bounties and see what I can offer for this coin.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 04:48:34 PM

I read op and watched presentation on YouTube (very formulaic, I must say) and I see that your main goal and target is to bring people who are totally new to cryptoworld to invest in your project.
But you are not giving out any serious vibe, and saying something like: 'we can make you rich with no problem, without risk' is not something that seasoned investor of 'old economy' will believe in easily.

Gathering 2000 BTC is not easy task either. Will you abandon this project if you fail to do so? Or will try to find alternative sources of founding?
ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:31:04 PM

Great questions!

Just to be clear the 8 mln your claiming for the Team will be your salaries ? U wont be dipping into the 2k + Btc  u hope to raise to pay yourselves ?
How will those 8 mln be distributed to the team ? not all at once I hope.

8m will be distributed to the team in the same way Ethereum did. This is for the team. We'll publish blog post about that as well. Addresses will be public and distribution will also be publicly known. And we'll set a rule that we can not sell anything before certain conditions are met. That way, you can be sure team members won't be dumping anything.

2k+ BTC will be used for funding. So yes, of course we'll be spending this. While we'll have this amounts we'll also be distributing 100% of profits to token holders. That way, ICN token holders will get 100% of our profits as dividends.
ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:44:26 PM

What attracts me the most is the Transparent Open Fund Management (OFM) platform, the idea of individuals creating their own investments funds is really powerful, in the old economy although possible it is prohibitively expensive to do so and to attract investors is impossible. For investors into the funds the transparency is another differential and also powerful.
But do i think the platform will disrupt the asset management industry ? Unfortunately in my opinion not while the platform allow just position on coins, if at any point in time in the future i am also able to buy other assets through the platform, example i have a portfolio which is short ETH, long S&P500 and short USDJPY, then this have a real potential of disrupting the industry, but i imagine we are far away from this reality at this point, because of regulation.
But still it is an idea that i want be in from the start because the successful paths that the platform can take are many, even if the OFM doesn't fly on the short/middle term. Also can't wait to open my own crypto quantitative fund ! Grin Grin Grin Grin

You are right. It will be very hard to disrupt classic asset management from the old economy. Regulations, rules and everything. And this world of ours is moving way too fast for the old one to follow at the same pace.
roguetrader

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:51:11 PM

You are right. It will be very hard to disrupt classic asset management from the old economy. Regulations, rules and everything. And this world of ours is moving way too fast for the old one to follow at the same pace.

Is there any possible situation that my initial stake in the platform gets diluted by any management action ? Like a second round of tokens issue, creation of another form of stake in the platform. If not, how this is guarantee ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 1188 »
  Print  

Jump to: