Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:51:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 1188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  (Read 1253581 times)
ICONOMI (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:44:37 PM

In white paper, you have CTF, CMF, I guess those correspond to ICONOMI.INDEX FUND and  ICONOMI.PERFORMANCE FUND. I am not a financial expert, I think there are too many terms and they are not consistent.

Also ICN tokens work as company shares, I am a little confused by the relationship between CTF, CMF. Those are two completely different thing, right? Only majority adopt the idea and invest CTF, CMF, the value of ICN will increase. Am I on the right track?

Lastly, can you explain a little about future in your mind, say in 5 years, what is best and worst scenarios for the ICONOMI?

ICONOMI.INDEX is one of CTF (crypto traded fund) products. There will be more crypto traded funds. There could be ICONOMI.INDEX.storage or ICONOMI.INDEX.media. But all will be same class of CTF.

CMF is coin managed fund. There can be more coin managed funds as well.

CTFs and CMFs will be products under ICONOMI.

The more profit they will create the better will be for ICN (ICONOMI token hodlers) as profit will be given to ICN holders as dividends.

In 5y. Worst is that we don't create any profit any value goes down to zero. In best case, we can own 10% of each future token and value of ICN goes up accordingly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptobart

Activity: 160

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:47:28 PM

In white paper, you have CTF, CMF, I guess those correspond to ICONOMI.INDEX FUND and  ICONOMI.PERFORMANCE FUND. I am not a financial expert, I think there are too many terms and they are not consistent.

Also ICN tokens work as company shares, I am a little confused by the relationship between CTF, CMF. Those are two completely different thing, right? Only majority adopt the idea and invest CTF, CMF, the value of ICN will increase. Am I on the right track?

Lastly, can you explain a little about future in your mind, say in 5 years, what is best and worst scenarios for the ICONOMI?

ICONOMI.INDEX is one of CTF (crypto traded fund) products. There will be more crypto traded funds. There could be ICONOMI.INDEX.storage or ICONOMI.INDEX.media. But all will be same class of CTF.

CMF is coin managed fund. There can be more coin managed funds as well.

CTFs and CMFs will be products under ICONOMI.

The more profit they will create the better will be for ICN (ICONOMI token hodlers) as profit will be given to ICN holders as dividends.

In 5y. Worst is that we don't create any profit any value goes down to zero. In best case, we can own 10% of each future token and value of ICN goes up accordingly.

Well explained, thanks!

ICONOMI — Fund Management Platform ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:48:21 PM

SEEMS like decent idea for coin but sorry looks like usual ICO crap coin.  Until devs prove otherwise still shady.

Also sorry I NO LONGER BUY ANY ICO COIN FROM RUSSIAN OR EASTERN EURO DEVS!  To many scam and bullshit from them!

WAVES was only last option LOL.
"looks like" doesn't mean it's a shit coin like others. No need to sorry, because there are still a lot of people who gonna buying this ICO. Just wait and see what's will happens with this ICO.
Nioc-Tib

Activity: 98
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:49:05 PM

It`s a good idee and it sounds good, I will invest smart.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 10:53:30 PM

SEEMS like decent idea for coin but sorry looks like usual ICO crap coin.  Until devs prove otherwise still shady.

Also sorry I NO LONGER BUY ANY ICO COIN FROM RUSSIAN OR EASTERN EURO DEVS!  To many scam and bullshit from them!

WAVES was only last option LOL.
Why stereotype a team of a crypto-project? Seriously, if you have problem with some group that you need to put an all-caps complaint about them, just stay away from the thread. Not too hard, right Smiley

A lot of projects are all about implementation and business, not just technology. Technically they are all copied from Bitcoin, so perhaps you should stay away from crypto in general. Devs are not guilty until proven innocent.
ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:12:27 PM

So for me it is still not understable. When can I got my tokens and when can I trade with them on exchanges? Any ETA time?

Tokens will be distributed within one month after ICO. And that's when they become tradable on exchanges. We think that is optimal time for investment of this kind to go live on exchanges.

Also, at the time when this hit exchanges we will be given funds from ICO. Because we use escrow and that's the rule we set. So it is in everyone's interest that tokens are distributed asap and consequently hit exchanges asap as well.
Free_Crypto

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:45:03 PM

this is will be big project trolls are here from page 2 and the same was with lisk waves and all good icos )
ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:59:12 PM

My thoughts on the whitepaper :

What attracts me the most is the Transparent Open Fund Management (OFM) platform, the idea of individuals creating their own investments funds is really powerful, in the old economy although possible it is prohibitively expensive to do so and to attract investors is impossible. For investors into the funds the transparency is another differential and also powerful.
But do i think the platform will disrupt the asset management industry ? Unfortunately in my opinion not while the platform allow just position on coins, if at any point in time in the future i am also able to buy other assets through the platform, example i have a portfolio which is short ETH, long S&P500 and short USDJPY, then this have a real potential of disrupting the industry, but i imagine we are far away from this reality at this point, because of regulation.
But still it is an idea that i want be in from the start because the successful paths that the platform can take are many, even if the OFM doesn't fly on the short/middle term. Also can't wait to open my own crypto quantitative fund ! Grin Grin Grin Grin

You are right. It will be very hard to disrupt classic asset management from the old economy. Regulations, rules and everything. And this world of ours is moving way too fast for the old one to follow at the same pace.

Is there any possible situation that my initial stake in the platform gets diluted by any management action ? Like a second round of tokens issue, creation of another form of stake in the platform. If not, how this is guarantee ?

It will be baked in the contract. 100m is the coin cap.

Let me ask 2 questions following this answer:

- You gonna distribute 85% capital of the platform on a 1 round of funding ? Wouldn't be more advisable to let some of the coins to future funding if needed ?  What happens in the future, for example if you are reaching some milestones, doing well, but you need more "capital" to take the platform further ?

- The team keeps 15% of the coins and the market has 85% ?Isn't possible to someone who is very interested on the platform in the future to make an "hostile takeover", buying 51% of the coins in the market, what would happen in this situation ? 

If we would need/want more capital we would trigger voting. And if 75% would agree to issue more tokens and gain more value for all then this is what would happen. But that would only be possible with sufficient voting.

With regarding to previous answer, 75% would be needed. Probably hard to get that much. Plus... price would get up accordingly by a lot. So it would be pure gain for ICN holders. And then the one doing takeover would replace us as operators. I actually think it's not likely scenario unless we would really start messing up, but is technically possible.
roguetrader

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 12:34:33 AM

My thoughts on the whitepaper :

What attracts me the most is the Transparent Open Fund Management (OFM) platform, the idea of individuals creating their own investments funds is really powerful, in the old economy although possible it is prohibitively expensive to do so and to attract investors is impossible. For investors into the funds the transparency is another differential and also powerful.
But do i think the platform will disrupt the asset management industry ? Unfortunately in my opinion not while the platform allow just position on coins, if at any point in time in the future i am also able to buy other assets through the platform, example i have a portfolio which is short ETH, long S&P500 and short USDJPY, then this have a real potential of disrupting the industry, but i imagine we are far away from this reality at this point, because of regulation.
But still it is an idea that i want be in from the start because the successful paths that the platform can take are many, even if the OFM doesn't fly on the short/middle term. Also can't wait to open my own crypto quantitative fund ! Grin Grin Grin Grin

You are right. It will be very hard to disrupt classic asset management from the old economy. Regulations, rules and everything. And this world of ours is moving way too fast for the old one to follow at the same pace.

Is there any possible situation that my initial stake in the platform gets diluted by any management action ? Like a second round of tokens issue, creation of another form of stake in the platform. If not, how this is guarantee ?

It will be baked in the contract. 100m is the coin cap.

Let me ask 2 questions following this answer:

- You gonna distribute 85% capital of the platform on a 1 round of funding ? Wouldn't be more advisable to let some of the coins to future funding if needed ?  What happens in the future, for example if you are reaching some milestones, doing well, but you need more "capital" to take the platform further ?

- The team keeps 15% of the coins and the market has 85% ?Isn't possible to someone who is very interested on the platform in the future to make an "hostile takeover", buying 51% of the coins in the market, what would happen in this situation ? 

If we would need/want more capital we would trigger voting. And if 75% would agree to issue more tokens and gain more value for all then this is what would happen. But that would only be possible with sufficient voting.

With regarding to previous answer, 75% would be needed. Probably hard to get that much. Plus... price would get up accordingly by a lot. So it would be pure gain for ICN holders. And then the one doing takeover would replace us as operators. I actually think it's not likely scenario unless we would really start messing up, but is technically possible.

Got it, thanks ! It is important to know that we have this option open.
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 12:48:09 AM

As far I understand Iconomi token holders can have a vote on some decisions but all the hard work about investing in crypto currencies and other ICO projects will be done by core team, the investing platform will be offered to classic investors which have no real knowledge of crypto world and blockchain

Then the success or fall will be mainly due bad or good investments from a core team

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 12:53:25 AM

As far I understand Iconomi token holders can have a vote on some decisions but all the hard work about investing in crypto currencies and other ICO projects will be done by core team, the investing platform will be offered to classic investors which have no real knowledge of crypto world and blockchain

Then the success or fall will be mainly due bad or good investments from a core team

Exactly. To classic investors that are in need of easy solutions for crypto investing.

Success... pretty much yes. If we do good work then this project will be huge success. But if we fail at delivering good job, then you will have a mechanism to vote and replace us. Just not before 24months. That is the moratorium that will start with first product launch.
virusasog

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 04:19:16 AM

We have most btc investments are going under scams but this seems to be good for investors and nice platform for who can joined in bitcoin adopt in this business with investment.
operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 04:56:21 AM

2 days again Cool
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 05:39:46 AM

2 days again Cool
Yes, just 50 more hours as per the clock in https://ico.iconomi.net. I am so excited to get into first round of ICO itself to enjoy the massive 15% bonus. Many times I have regretted many time for not buying earlier in other ICOs to get maximum benefits. I believe this time I will not miss this biggest opportunity thanks to signature campaign.
rphk

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 05:55:57 AM

two days more  Smiley, this is an best opportunity on crowdfunding .i believe this project is an legit one compared to any other investment sites on bitcoin. i wish this site will achieve targets and will be fruitful for investors . once it is popular achieving target for 2000BTC will be easier.

_____________________EBCOIN_____________________      █ █   WHITEPAPER  █ █     JOIN TOKEN SALE  >  Feb 1st, 2018 - Feb 14th, 2018
The Best Gift for Travelers           ◢◢      Your Gateway to a $60 Billion Dollar Global Market      ◤◤
▬▬▬▬                FACEBOOK                 TWITTER                 SLACK                 MEDIUM                 TELEGRAM               ▬▬▬▬
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 06:05:03 AM

2 days to go, with more than 2000BTC to raise, I think this is one of the viable ICO project around presently. Looking at the success of Antshares ICO though they have Chinese market which is good, ICONOMI should be able to reach 5000BTC if they got the marketing aspect right sure 2000BTC is doable

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
operabit
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:08:40 AM

2 days again Cool
Yes, just 50 more hours as per the clock in https://ico.iconomi.net. I am so excited to get into first round of ICO itself to enjoy the massive 15% bonus. Many times I have regretted many time for not buying earlier in other ICOs to get maximum benefits. I believe this time I will not miss this biggest opportunity thanks to signature campaign.

All ICO project will be successful if they pay attention to all the communities that already support. Hopefully iconomi see my writing.
operabit
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:09:52 AM

two days more  Smiley, this is an best opportunity on crowdfunding .i believe this project is an legit one compared to any other investment sites on bitcoin. i wish this site will achieve targets and will be fruitful for investors . once it is popular achieving target for 2000BTC will be easier.

Yeah should be 2000 BTC, otherwise the money will be returned as it says at the beginning of the thread. Hopefully not disappoint.
operabit
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:12:33 AM

2 days to go, with more than 2000BTC to raise, I think this is one of the viable ICO project around presently. Looking at the success of Antshares ICO though they have Chinese market which is good, ICONOMI should be able to reach 5000BTC if they got the marketing aspect right sure 2000BTC is doable

Yes antshares 4400 BTC deserve more because they are in China and one of the largest. iconomi be more than that!
Mallampue

Activity: 765
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:16:59 AM

Yes antshares 4400 BTC deserve more because they are in China and one of the largest. iconomi be more than that!

maybe antshares is a big community in china. So.. its easy to get over 4400 btc

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 1188 »
  Print  

Jump to: