Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:06:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223286 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:59:48 AM

The most worrying aspect of the whole setup, is why does VMC, and ultimately Ken, benefit 90% from hardware sales that AMC (read, US) invested in and funded.

I think if Ken were to change this aspect, it would greatly improve the investment in AMC for everyone, and new investors would come onboard instead of being worried about this strange aspect.

Do what ASICMINER is doing ... use the funds ... create the hardware ... use it to build a mining aspect, and sell the rest of the hardware.

THAT, makes sense.

And further, if Ken did do this, he shouldn't feel like he is backing down or will be looked upon badly, quite the opposite! It would add credibility for listening to shareholders and shows that he is truly looking after the shareholders interests. Which is his number 1 duty.

+1 Just have to throw in my support for this post.
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:08:03 AM

Having caught up with the recent activity on this thread, I have to say I'm really impressed with the concerted attempt to undermine confidence in AMC.

I knew it was coming but didn't expect it to have quite the effect it had.

I just glad it's now over and we can enjoy the share price recovery.  It's a shame for those who panicked and will lose out.

It's interesting to see the top share holders buy up more shares.  I did the same and am feeling quite smug right now.

Here's to Ken and the team and an exciting few months ahead!   Grin

No doubt.  I've seen more trolling on here this afternoon than I have in the BTC-e trollbox.  No matter.  I took advantage of the weak hands and nearly doubled my shares today.  The next few months are going to be a fun ride!  Wink

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:21:45 AM

Can't login to Bitfunder. What is up with that?
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:37:04 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2013, 03:55:33 AM by chsados

We need an AMC blog or something like that, because the FUD here is just insane. Even when I try to answer questions being raised, it'll be lost on all that gets thrown around.

The questions about the number of shares have been asked and answered over and over again, simply because they get lost in here.

What the HELL are you talking about? Everything is just fine here - move on.

Vbs is just starting to get tired of his own fanboyism damage control.  He attempts to answer legitimate questions with no substance other than "you'll get reimbursed later, don't worry about it - RDE RDE RDE!!"
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:57:54 AM

I don't like this whole VMC/AMC structure. Why are we risking everything to fund VMC's hardware project? Wouldn't it be better for VMC/AMC to be one entity and manufacture hardware and mine just like ASICMINER? I've been reading this thread since day 1 and there is so much drama, confusion and lack of transparency. Why can't we just keep it simple? Wouldn't it make more sense to have VMC/AMC operate under one roof. AMC can manufacture hardware and mine. AMC can use the hardware to mine or sell it if it will generate additional income on the side just like ASICMINER. With the mining revenue and hardware sales it will to back to the shareholders in dividends. The 20m in growth and expansion fund will then be used to continue manufacturing and selling more hardware. If more shares need to be released to raise funds for more growth and expansion then those shares can be released at the market price at that time. What do you guys think? Isn't this more easier to work with? Then AMC will be able to take in profits from mining and hardware sales and the investors will be happy and it will give the company more value.

I 100% agree with this.

The most worrying aspect of the whole setup, is why does VMC, and ultimately Ken, benefit 90% from hardware sales that AMC (read, US) invested in and funded.

I think if Ken were to change this aspect, it would greatly improve the investment in AMC for everyone, and new investors would come onboard instead of being worried about this strange aspect.

Do what ASICMINER is doing ... use the funds ... create the hardware ... use it to build a mining aspect, and sell the rest of the hardware.

THAT, makes sense.

And further, if Ken did do this, he shouldn't feel like he is backing down or will be looked upon badly, quite the opposite! It would add credibility for listening to shareholders and shows that he is truly looking after the shareholders interests. Which is his number 1 duty.

Can we get a response to this Ken? This would really give investors more confidence and transparency to what they are investing into. Possible investors would be less confused as well. ASICMINER has a good plan and business model and it works.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:02:51 AM

Ken, dhenson has already posted the link: https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-22

I have some options that expire in just over an hour and as it stands right now I don't know if I'm going to put any more money towards this project.

Please re-assure me and the other investors that your claims are genuine by posting additional evidence.

Thanks for that!

So, each Jupiter will use 4x100GH/s chips at <=1000W, each chip using a 55x55 package.

Each chip is thus 250W, so I will expect them to use a cooler the size of a graphics card, per chip.

On 250W, we can fit about 16.667 of AMC's chips (let's say 15W each), for a rated performance of 16.667x16=266.667 GH/s.

You know, like someone said, "the devil is in the details" Grin

You must be sniffing glue or something. KNC has delivery date of sept/oct and AMC is aiming for what, early spring of 2014.. Who cares how awesome the chips are when diff increases 20% ever 10 days you will still be stuck with a fantastic toaster by mid 2014 no matter what density or package.

I'm still trying to understand the financial logic that allows AMC to sell avalon clones for $6000 in December, can you explain?
TheSwede75

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:05:17 AM

Having caught up with the recent activity on this thread, I have to say I'm really impressed with the concerted attempt to undermine confidence in AMC.

I just glad it's now over and we can enjoy the share price recovery.  It's a shame for those who panicked and will lose out.

It's interesting to see the top share holders buy up more shares.  I did the same and am feeling quite smug right now.

It's financials, not religion. If the math does not add up people will sell no matter the flavor of the cool aid.
TheSwede75

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:07:28 AM

The address is posted on the btct.co asset details page.

Office Address:

Active Mining Corporation
95 Wilton Road
Suite 3
London
SW1V 1BZ
United Kingdom
Fax: +44 (0)20 3004 1756

umm... lol?

In their defense, it doesn't take a damn genius to read up and realize they are registered outside of the US for tax reasons, operate out of Springfield, MO and just run a mailbox from that address.
TheSwede75

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:14:02 AM

We need an AMC blog or something like that, because the FUD here is just insane. Even when I try to answer questions being raised, it'll be lost on all that gets thrown around.

The questions about the number of shares have been asked and answered over and over again, simply because they get lost in here.

Vbs, looking at the latest share holder list, what is your feeling for what has transpired today? Is the total number of investors down? Have any share holders grown their position? Is there anything else that can be guessed/inferred from the figures?

Long-term inverstors kept their shares, even with the possibility of jumping ship. That says alot.

The fact the thread has been filled with so much FUD for the last 24h makes me believe there's been a huge effort to take the price down, making unexperienced investors sell their shares as cheaply as possible. This is a great deal for manipulators, as the can buy into AMC at a low price, while the unexperienced have already paid the .0025, helping fund the NRE.

Anyone that bought from Ken at .0025 and already sold, just gave away that opportunity.

So, basically AMC delivers very exciting news, but the price goes all the way down? Yeah, right!!! Roll Eyes

THIS is the very root of the problem with the overheated market in bitcoin stocks these days. What the hell are you talking about? You have absolutely no idea of who is selling or buying. This whole "all you need to do is believe" mentality is just pure insanity.

What the hell is wrong with investors that purchased high risk stock at 0.0005 and are selling it at 0.0015? Have you ever owned a single share of anything? 350% in a few weeks is absolutely crazy and you would have to be a village idiot not to take at least some profit.

Wow, the Tweens here really blow my mind.
TheSwede75

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:16:48 AM

The fact the thread has been filled with so much FUD for the last 24h makes me believe there's been a huge effort to take the price down, making unexperienced investors sell their shares as cheaply as possible. This is a great deal for manipulators, as the can buy into AMC at a low price,

If that's the case why is no-one buying at 0.001? It's almost pre-news bargain price. I think no conspiracy just lack of confidence.

I'm sure the FUD on this thread being 99% speculation and 1% only for discussing the actual news and projections for AMC has a huge part in that.

People are scared. It will pass.

I can only assume that you will be investing heavily in the December batch of the Avalon clones at $6k a pop. By the way, if you want some for the "Bargain price" of $5.500 I will sell you as many as you want. Absolutely no limit.  PM me for any quantity!
TheSwede75

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:25:12 AM

For the record. At around 0.0008 - 0.001 I consider AMC worth a high risk investment. Not based on profit projections from the Avalon clones (that I consider 100% outrageous) but based on the fact that I dont think Ken is trying to scam anyone, he just does not understand how diff increase, hash rate and financing works.

hamiltino

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:11:19 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2013, 05:53:04 AM by hamiltino

I've been an early investor bought below 0.0008BTC and cashed out at 0.0025BTC

Why the sudden change of heart? ken is his whole operation gets shadier everyday. It may seem like all is going well with his active posts/and few Avalon rigs running for dust dividends, but it looks more and more like a scam to me.

But this is bitcoin stocks and we have seen in the past, elaborate scams aren't new. This may be the biggest one yet.

Go read the share information and contract over and over, investor's benefits very little and I honestly don't know how you can justify selling your newer issued shares at 0.0025. I understand if there are significantly less shares before you introduced 4million shares at 0.0025. But no, that's not the case... 10TIMES the amount of shares has already been present and issued. You honestly think you can just increase your stock by 310%+ by issuing another 4 million at that price claiming early bird investment?

You just tripled your money and you are still complaining?

My worry as a potential investor is the opposite. Despite tripling his money the guy has nothing good to say about the operation. There are lots of people in this thread with similar views. I went through 380 pages of ASICMINER discussions and believe me, its 99% praise. Here its 50/50, makes me vary wary as potential investor.

Hey mate, you are correct. If theres 40 million shares on issue at lets say at the rate of 0.0025  a share. 40m x 0.0025 = 100k in BTC. There is no way this company is worth 100 thousand in bitcoins LOL. Did i miss something here? I can't see this going up.

Update: They  actually have 100 million shares, that makes the company worth 250k BTC @ 0.0025. Which is 1/84 of all bitcoins (21 million) or at current prices worth 25 million dollars, This is plain ridicules. And a drop in value is sure to come. This is mostly speculative hype. A bullish rush to buy that it way more emotional than rational.

stacking coin
auto2nr1

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:19:11 AM

Would it make sense to cap the total amount of shares to become available at 40,000,000? Rather than the 100,000,000? Is the 100m shares really necessary? Wouldn't keeping it at 40m give the shares more value for the company and the investors?
TheSwede75

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:36:58 AM

Would it make sense to cap the total amount of shares to become available at 40,000,000? Rather than the 100,000,000? Is the 100m shares really necessary? Wouldn't keeping it at 40m give the shares more value for the company and the investors?

What would be the possible reason for Ken to give away a massive amount of what right now is about $18.000.000?
auto2nr1

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:38:30 AM

You are confusing value for investors and value for Ken.

The 100M shares exist so that Ken can keep control, and the lions share of profits for himself.  In exchange he contributes no capital, and skims all the IP rights off to his personal company AMC.

This is what is really unfair about this investment. Investors are putting up all the money for VMC's hardware development taking all risks. I think AMC should be putting up investors money for it's own hardware development and AMC investors should be paid in dividends for mining and hardware sales. Why should VMC benefit a majority of the income from hardware sales that AMC investors funded? AMC should keep all IP rights. Shares should be capped at a reasonable amount which could be 40m (20m to investors/shares & 20m growth and expansion). I think 50% of revenue put back in for growth is reasonable and i am sure other investors would be happy with something like this as well. Then we wouldn't have pages of talk in regards to the shady business plan, people bad mouthing Ken and this would give people more confidence in this security. We would then move forward from here and grow AMC into a security with a promising future. Just my thoughts.
Smidge

Activity: 218

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:46:59 AM

For the record. At around 0.0008 - 0.001 I consider AMC worth a high risk investment. Not based on profit projections from the Avalon clones (that I consider 100% outrageous) but based on the fact that I dont think Ken is trying to scam anyone, he just does not understand how diff increase, hash rate and financing works.

I've been chomping at the 0.0025 "wall" with a very little investment sum. I won't buy "cheap" now and hope that confidence is restored along the way.

I'd rather buy again when I see 0.0030 happening. I'd love to double up before reaching that point, but not at any price...

BTC: 19dB148YewttZRVwF7WF8ZuT7uqnnjibkC
LTC: LPBi1LPqs1MY1tQKQ4wGG6gjwrcszFek6s
vlaoou321

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:29:47 AM

RentalStarter : IPO!
Posted: 2013-06-27 13:13:23 - Written by RentalStarter
 ( Click to Hide ) 

We are finally ready to issue all available shares.

Written by: RentalStarte

@kslaughter is this true ?

Reputation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198808.new#new
Tip: 1CtNCGTyhVkp6AzRwhTsqjkWgwCqk1vSjA
mandroid

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:42:25 AM

RentalStarter : IPO!
Posted: 2013-06-27 13:13:23 - Written by RentalStarter
 ( Click to Hide ) 

We are finally ready to issue all available shares.

Written by: RentalStarte

@kslaughter is this true ?

What does RentalStarter have to do with AMC (or kslaughter), exactly?
vlaoou321

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:50:53 AM

I'm sorry, I was wrong

Reputation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198808.new#new
Tip: 1CtNCGTyhVkp6AzRwhTsqjkWgwCqk1vSjA
John818

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 09:24:32 AM

It's financials, not religion. If the math does not add up people will sell no matter the flavor of the cool aid.

Gotta love this guy.  Not content with showing up on a thread in a timely manner to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt for his own greedy gains, he tries to drag people into childish arguments while throwing insults and profanities around as if they were as abundant as AMC shares.

While tempted, I'm not going to respond to your 'religion' comment rather I thought I'd quote you and allow others the opportunity to decide on how big a pinch of salt to use.

"What the hell are you talking about, you must be sniffing glue or something.  It doesn't take a damn genius to read up village idiot!"

There is a definite theme running through Swede's posts, that of village idiots. My favourite is Tiff Tannen from Back to The Future, "Think McFly!". Proof that I was right to assume he share's his DNA with a root vegetable.

Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: