Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:23:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223286 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:22:52 PM

I understand. I did not know that is not supported by BitFunder. Maybe we can ask exchange owner Ukyo to take a look into this and make some changes? I know it's a long shot but if we can get this implemented where only sold shares would get dividends it would be great.

Yes. That would be the best choice. The current workaround is to only create those shares in small batches as they are being bought, so a minimum amount of "unissued" shares exist.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
auto2nr1

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:26:25 PM

I understand. I did not know that is not supported by BitFunder. Maybe we can ask exchange owner Ukyo to take a look into this and make some changes? I know it's a long shot but if we can get this implemented where only sold shares would get dividends it would be great.

Yes. That would be the best choice. The current workaround is to only create those shares in small batches as they are being bought, so a minimum amount of "unissued" shares exist.

Looks like that is the only way. Ken can put up small walls at a fixed price and as those shares start to disappear he can make more available until he feels enough capital has been raised. Thanks for the explanation VBS.
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:30:21 PM

Looks like that is the only way. Ken can put up small walls at a fixed price and as those shares start to disappear he can make more available until he feels enough capital has been raised. Thanks for the explanation VBS.

Np. I'm welcoming the feeling of typing anything here and it not disappearing behind 3 pages, just 5 minutes later! Grin
Thalum

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:33:23 PM

Phew, so I'm not mad then! And yes, I think it would be best that Uyko be approached and asked to implement something like this. So it seem that unsold shares receiving dividends seems to be a product of bitfunder's architecture, but I think that it needs to be dealt with. I'm not sure whether making small batches of shares available is the right way to go though. Companies should know roughly how much money it needs for various expenses. As such, it would be good to know from Ken what the company's accounts look like: how much has been raised thus far, what the total assets are, future outgoings, etc etc etc, so we get a fuller idea of where we need to be heading in the future.

Look at this eh? Crowd-sourced business enterprises!
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:55:53 PM

I wonder if there should be somewhere in the contract that states that VMC cannot issue new shares to the market at a certain percentage above current market value.  Many investors, myself included, were facepalming really hard when Ken dropped 2,000,000 shares out there at three times the value of what they were currently going for.  Thoughts?

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:59:55 PM

Look I'm no rocket scientist but what sort of company holding lots of peoples money has it's structure organized and formulated by some random strangers on an internet thread?

Think about it - your money is in the hands of a company with NO CLUE.

If they can't sort out their own share structure (and have already F-ed up bigtime once already) HOW THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE MILLIONS WITH INCREDIBLY COMPLEX ASIC MACHINES? BLF has a team of complete experts yet look at the trouble, the delays, the let downs. How do you think one guy from Springfield who used to run a web hosting server in his garage do? If he's no scammer then he is a very very naive and incompetent businessman. If you want to invest in success you need to invest in talent. I don't see any here.

You are vastly overstating BFL's competence.  But you are on the edge of an important question for evaluating an investment.

The real question to ask is:

If someone with as few qualifications as Ken can deliver ASICs, how many others will have custom chips available?
lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:06:27 PM

I wonder if there should be somewhere in the contract that states that VMC cannot issue new shares to the market at a certain percentage above current market value.  Many investors, myself included, were facepalming really hard when Ken dropped 2,000,000 shares out there at three times the value of what they were currently going for.  Thoughts?

Enacting a board will go a long way in stamping peculiarities out.
Thalum

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:12:55 PM

+1

It also spreads the load somewhat.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 07:22:34 PM

+1

When we put out the 2M shares, the price was above our ask.
matuszed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:28:47 PM

+1

True.  The market was a little under .0040 before the ask wall went up.

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." -Keynes
lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:38:08 PM

I wonder if there should be somewhere in the contract that states that VMC cannot issue new shares to the market at a certain percentage above current market value.  Many investors, myself included, were facepalming really hard when Ken dropped 2,000,000 shares out there at three times the value of what they were currently going for.  Thoughts?

+1

I think in hindsight though, a lot of energy(money) was wasted to move the price from .008 to .04 then back to .0025. AMC didn't catch any of that (all profits went to flippers). Once AMC released the shares, they then had to fight tooth and nail against everyone to bought between .0008 and .0025.
lolstate

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:41:04 PM

If someone with as few qualifications as Ken can deliver ASICs, how many others will have custom chips available?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You're back Entropy? I assumed after you deleted your earlier spam posts on this thread, you had gone for good. You can't pretend it never happened, plenty of people read them and remember your FUD.  Grin

Next up: Entropy sees the light, starts pumping AMC to increase the value of his holdings  Wink.
lolstate

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:10:51 PM

I'm winging it here, so dismiss this idea if you think it is a stupid. Does BitFunder allow private sales of shares from one person (ie Ken) to another (aka 'the buyer')? You know about a Dutch Auction? Ken could ask 'who wants to buy x shares at y price' (example: 10k @ 0.005) then reduces the price in 0.0001 increments until someone bites? This technique would only be used to issue new shares into the market. Obviously once bought, they trade on the exchange as you'd expect. The main benefit is it removes the need for large walls, and allows Ken to test the market in a fair way, ie everyone sees the first high Ask and is welcome to grab the offer when the price is reduced to the level they find acceptable?

Like I say, this could be an insane suggestion, but remember the Facebook IPO? They couldn't even get that right with the 'smartest' brains in Wall Street, the price went all over the place on launch.
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:14:06 PM

I'm winging it here, so dismiss this idea if you think it is a stupid. Does BitFunder allow private sales of shares from one person (ie Ken) to another (aka 'the buyer')? You know about a Dutch Auction? Ken could ask 'who wants to buy x shares at y price' (example: 10k @ 0.005) then reduces the price in 0.0001 increments until someone bites? This technique would only be used to issue new shares into the market. Obviously once bought, they trade on the exchange as you'd expect. The main benefit is it removes the need for large walls, and allows Ken to test the market in a fair way, ie everyone sees the first high Ask and is welcome to grab the offer when the price is reduced to the level they find acceptable?

Like I say, this could be an insane suggestion, but remember the Facebook IPO? They couldn't even get that right with the 'smartest' brains in Wall Street, the price went all over the place on launch.

1. Bitfunder allows transfers between accounts, you could just sell them here. 

2. If VMC (gotta get used to that name) wants to do a Dutch auction on this site, shouldn't be a problem.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 08:45:33 PM

2. If VMC (gotta get used to that name) wants to do a Dutch auction on this site, shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, this is a good idea, I will keep it in mind.
auto2nr1

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:26:40 PM

When do you think you can share the terms and agreement for the new business model? Looking forward to see how much of what we talked about here is incorporated into that draft. I think we've covered alot of the major issues that were concerning shareholders and potential investors. I am looking forward to the new agreement. On a side note AMC's stock looks a lot better than where we were at a before you starting responding Ken. A little bit of communication goes a long day. Thanks for reaching out to all of us.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 10:31:44 PM

When do you think you can share the terms and agreement for the new business model? Looking forward to see how much of what we talked about here is incorporated into that draft. I think we've covered alot of the major issues that were concerning shareholders and potential investors. I am looking forward to the new agreement. On a side note AMC's stock looks a lot better than where we were at a before you starting responding Ken. A little bit of communication goes a long day. Thanks for reaching out to all of us.

It will be as soon as I can get everything put together.  However, I am going to take a few days off for the 4th.  Going down to Branson for a few days.  It will still be a working vacation as there are few details we will have to wrap up on Friday concerning our Avalon clone prototypes.
lolstate

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:41:45 PM

It will be as soon as I can get everything put together.  However, I am going to take a few days off for the 4th.  Going down to Branson for a few days.  It will still be a working vacation as there are few details we will have to wrap up on Friday concerning our Avalon clone prototypes.

Ken, maximise your downtime, don't feel obliged to work on VMC 24/7 when holidays are calling. We all appreciate what you have done so far, it is very impressive.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 10:48:29 PM

It will be as soon as I can get everything put together.  However, I am going to take a few days off for the 4th.  Going down to Branson for a few days.  It will still be a working vacation as there are few details we will have to wrap up on Friday concerning our Avalon clone prototypes.

Ken, maximise your downtime, don't feel obliged to work on VMC 24/7 when holidays are calling. We all appreciate what you have done so far, it is very impressive.

Thanks!  Grin Grin Grin
auto2nr1

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:57:46 PM

It will be as soon as I can get everything put together.  However, I am going to take a few days off for the 4th.  Going down to Branson for a few days.  It will still be a working vacation as there are few details we will have to wrap up on Friday concerning our Avalon clone prototypes.

That sounds great. We all need to take a break and enjoy the 4th. I think we all deserve a much needed getaway. It's time to relax and enjoy time with our friends and family. Enjoy your time off and we hope to hear back from you after the weekend. Once again just want to mention that we've made great progress with the help of Ken as well as other shareholders and potential investors that put their thoughts into what will soon be our game plan. Can't wait to get things set in stone and throw some more coins into the venture.
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: