Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 08:36:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223288 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:00:35 PM

the wall on btctc is being chomped quite nicely at the moment, over 100k down since I last looked

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:09:21 PM

Perhaps instead of one seemingly insurmountable wall Ken should drop 5k shares every day or so at the current ask, so as not to scare investors into selling?
Thoughts?

I actually don't mind the wall. It will prevent a blow off top which is of benefit to medium-to-long term investors. The last thing we need is for the price to go from 0.0025 -> 0.01 -> 0.0020 in a few hours.

Remember the walls are there to raise funds for the NRE. Short term flippers don't like walls because it limits their upside ie they need to hold for much longer than they like to make a quick buck. With dividends increasing and good news to come out over the next few weeks, the walls will be eaten away. It might frustrate the flippers but it is good for the health of the company.

Uhh, dude.. the benefit of eating that wall is that Ken gets his funding.  That's the whole point. 

lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:11:15 PM

Uhh, dude.. the benefit of eating that wall is that Ken gets his funding.  That's the whole point. 

Uh huh.

I'm thinking of selling mine too for this very reason. 

And yet...
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:20:32 PM

Uh huh.

And yet...

Yep lol... the wall is going down, but it isn't going to happen in one night

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:32:23 PM

Uh huh.

And yet...

I didn't really contradict myself as you are implying.  I acknowledge that shares need to sell at .0025 for the funding, but I am doubting my patience to stick around for that when there's such a big wall.  I could sell my shares, invest back into asicminer, and wait until the wall is thinned out to jump back in.  I'm probably not the only one thinking of doing this. 

Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:35:52 PM

Uh huh.

And yet...

I didn't really contradict myself as you are implying.  I acknowledge that shares need to sell at .0025 for the funding, but I am doubting my patience to stick around for that when there's such a big wall.  I could sell my shares, invest back into asicminer, and wait until the wall is thinned out to jump back in.  I'm probably not the only one thinking of doing this. 

I am sure there are others with this sentiment

Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:50:28 PM

I am still planning to visit Springfield this Saturday.  I am awaiting a response from SoylentCreek. 

We should build a list of important points to address at the meeting.

What information do you guys want to see?  Questions, pictures, etc...

I'll post this in the AM thread as well.

-babefoot

Really pleased to see this visit is happening.

-I would definitely like to see some pictures of anything you can show bearing in mind security issues - so don't take photos of the inside of external doors/shutters for example or the entire stock on the premises.

-Now that the issue of company structure has been successfully addressed I would like to know that Ken is taking physical security of AM assets very seriously. The unit should be secure obviously but any employees Ken might be taking on needs to be trustworthy. I would also say that with the high value of the miners soon to be assembled that employees should not be allowed to work alone or unsupervised. A single employee could easily walk out with a 400k machine under their arm and I don't think any single person should be given that opportunity - so atleast two staff on site at any one time or none atall and everything locked up with Ken holding the master key/code. Anything else is asking for trouble.

-Security also for Kens PC network. If someone breaks in and takes his PCs what impact would that have on the company? So are his personal computers secure?

-I would like to hear more on the Board structure and how the voting will be carried out. I would also like to know how board members will be selected to stand for the voter elections.

-How far will Ken take the company? In other words would he consider accepting a buy out offer ie selling the company to a major interested party for Xmillions? If he would consider that how would that effect the share holder value and would we be consulted before any decision is made?

-Kens other businesses - Ken seems to have other businesses so is he giving his entire attention to AM/AMC or does he have other commitments?

-Delegating workload. What plans does Ken have in place for future sharing of workload? What positions is he going to appoint and from where will he source individuals with relevant experience.

-Will a full breakdown of the company costs that effect dividend payments be made? So will we see the figures for staff costs, labour costs, premises hire, Ken's wages etc. This is to do with shareholder value, does Ken promise to do everything he can to keep essential costs down to a minimum and therefore maximize shareholders dividend payments?

Stuartuk

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:54:15 PM

I could sell my shares, invest back into asicminer, and wait until the wall is thinned out to jump back in.  I'm probably not the only one thinking of doing this.  

I can't see how this would be of any benifit. What if ASICMINER shares dip while you are in them and before you sell at a loss to get back into AMC price hits .0029? There are no guarantees on short term price moves here and I think your strategy would therefore be risky. If you think AMC are on the way up medium to long term then the safest thing to do it just hold.
CoinBomb

Activity: 179

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 11:00:38 PM

hold and you definitely get nothing until the wall gets eaten away. (IF..)

if that wall takes a month to get eaten away, thats 4 asicminer dividends, and a trading month lost.

Promote our site for no risk BTC / LTC profit! 1% gross profit, LTC/BTC payments weekly. Click through for more details.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:05:08 PM

I could sell my shares, invest back into asicminer, and wait until the wall is thinned out to jump back in.  I'm probably not the only one thinking of doing this.  

I can't see how this would be of any benifit. What if ASICMINER shares dip while you are in them and before you sell at a loss to get back into AMC price hits .0029? There are no guarantees on short term price moves here and I think your strategy would therefore be risky. If you think AMC are on the way up medium to long term then the safest thing to do it just hold.

The price isn't going to hit .0029 while the wall at .0025 is in the millions.  If I see the wall getting eaten up down to half a million, I would jump back in.  As far as ASICMINER goes, the price is just as likely to go up as it is to go down, so share price isn't a factor -- but the dividends are.  
Wow you're making me talk myself into this..  Tongue

Stuartuk

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:08:44 PM

hold and you definitely get nothing until the wall gets eaten away. (IF..)

if that wall takes a month to get eaten away, thats 4 asicminer dividends, and a trading month lost.

Last time I checked AMC and AM were paying dividends.
Stuartuk

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:13:24 PM

As far as ASICMINER goes, the price is just as likely to go up as it is to go down, so share price isn't a factor -- but the dividends are.  

One of the most absurd comments I've ever read on here. No offence but what position will you be in if asciminer shares drops to 2.5 after you buy at 4.4?
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:23:03 PM

As far as ASICMINER goes, the price is just as likely to go up as it is to go down, so share price isn't a factor -- but the dividends are.  

One of the most absurd comments I've ever read on here. No offence but what position will you be in if asciminer shares drops to 2.5 after you buy at 4.4?

Not sure why you find it so absurd.  There is no reason to believe that Asicminer is more likely to take a plunge than it is to go up again, and so I view the two possibilities as equal, therefore as far as risk assessment goes, I am assuming a neutral share price.  Add some nice dividends on top of that, and this equates to less risk than holding onto shares with a multi-million share wall in front of you (in which case the share price can only go DOWN).  You can go on and on with "what if", but Asicminer has shown far more uptrends than downtrends since its IPO.  The sell walls with asicminer are minimal, and that is why people may become uninterested in Activemining

oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:00:53 AM

Not sure why you find it so absurd.  There is no reason to believe that Asicminer is more likely to take a plunge than it is to go up again, and so I view the two possibilities as equal, therefore as far as risk assessment goes, I am assuming a neutral share price.  Add some nice dividends on top of that, and this equates to less risk than holding onto shares with a multi-million share wall in front of you (in which case the share price can only go DOWN).  You can go on and on with "what if", but Asicminer has shown far more uptrends than downtrends since its IPO.  The sell walls with asicminer are minimal, and that is why people may become uninterested in Activemining

The ASICMINER math isn't that compelling.  They're now below 15% of the network and show no signs of picking up steam.  There are a fixed amount of coins available every week, so the dividends have a ceiling IMHO.  The last 3 weeks have been .02/share.  It's expensive to add Th with their technology.  Their hardware sales don't look that appealing to buyers with all the more efficient competitors coming seemingly "in 2 weeks".  In a couple of weeks, you'll have earned maybe 1%.  Roll the dice if you wish, but keep your eyes open.

lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:40:50 AM

The prototype is being made and they need money to build the miners. How was this not made clear?
ArcticWolf

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:47:09 AM

Also some forum members are going to Springfield to see Ken and the base of operations. You can ask them to get some pics of the prototype if you like.
A lot of those questions seemed a little aggressive so I'm not surprised they got removed.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:47:40 AM

The prototype is being made and they need money to build the miners. How was this not made clear?

From where you got your information? In the thread where my posts were deleted i haven't seen such information. I did ask about it and i got my posts deleted.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:49:16 AM

Also some forum members are going to Springfield to see Ken and the base of operations. You can ask them to get some pics of the prototype if you like.
A lot of those questions seemed a little aggressive so I'm not surprised they got removed.

Have you seen my deleted posts? I don't think i was aggressive. I have asked about a prototype and got no reply. I'm so bored of the so many ASIC scams so i couldn't take him seriously since he gave no technical info on his mining hardware thread.

ArcticWolf

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:52:04 AM

Have you seen my deleted posts? I don't think i was aggressive. I have asked about a prototype and got no reply. I'm so bored of the so many ASIC scams so i couldn't take him seriously since he gave no technical info on his mining hardware thread.

A lot of that info is still under NDA with eAsic so he can't reveal it, but there is a bit of info in the main post about the chip and the plans for them.

kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 12:53:37 AM

EMail from our engineers today:

Hi Gerald,

We expect to have the prototype boards completed by July 23^rd . We would be
    ready for your visit / prototype verification, the week of the 29^th .
    Please let me know when you plan to be here. Will you send us cable sets,
    boxes, power supplies etc? We can verify there are no issues that will slow
    us down once you get here.

Best regards,

Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: