Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:40:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support the rebrand/renaming to move away from the bad connotations, difficulty to carry out business and the constant questions about Silk Road and the connection to the project?
Yes
No
Unsure

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebranded to Duality Blockchain Solutions  (Read 129226 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 07:43:00 PM

Deposit for the swap from Silkcoin to Silk is now closed on Bittrex.

Weaver will open on the 8th of September at 8pm EST for deposits to swap to the new SLK.

On the 17th of September, the DarkSilk ICO begins and Silk(SLK) will launch on Bittrex. This same day Bittrex will credit the depositors accounts with Silk(SLK), four weeks later on the 17th of October, DarkSilk(DSLK) will launch and the ICO will finish.

Bittrex Silkcoin->Silk swap deposit period has finished, payouts will be on the 17th of September
Silk Market opens on Bittrex & DarkSilk ICO starts - 17th September
DarkSilk ICO finishes and DarkSilk Market opens on Bittrex - 17th October

For those who need to download and sync the old Silkcoin wallet before swap, click here

All you gotta do is read page 1...

drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 08:21:46 PM

Will the DarkSilk marketplace release alongside the DarkSilk wallet release?

The marketplace will be in the DarkSilk wallet upon launch.

SWEET!  Will there be anything to buy on launch?  Or is that up to users only?

You can read all about the Weaver here :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8r2g16ls5ug7eop/Silk%20Network%20Whitepaper%20December%202015.pdf?dl=0

I've read the whitepaper. 

Basically, I see DSLK as a coin that has adopted many features developed for other coins. 

For potential investors, what sets DSLK/SLK apart?  What can your system do that others can't?

Is Weaver the main selling point of the project?  Is it your market stabilization algorithms? 

I own plenty of SLK, but I'd like to see, in a few sentences, a good sales pitch from the dev team.

I'm not a member of the team but what sets this apart is its the first system to use 2 coins and a marketplace to create a stabilized economy of its own...

Currency, asset, marketplace...  DRKSLK, SLK, Weaver

There is nothing else like it.

ttoroie

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 11:26:25 PM

I'm not a member of the team but what sets this apart is its the first system to use 2 coins and a marketplace to create a stabilized economy of its own...

Currency, asset, marketplace...  DRKSLK, SLK, Weaver

True
but what also sets it apart is the team behind this
Thanks guys

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 11:55:42 PM

True
but what also sets it apart is the team behind this
Thanks guys

Agreed...  That too...

Delita Heiral

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 12:06:39 AM

Also every silk comes with candy

and pokemon
hankman

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 12:16:55 AM

I've SILK on poloniex. Is this the same thing?

You need to download and sync the old Silkcoin wallet and move your coins from Poloniex, click here. Once Weaver opens for deposit register an account and send them there.

Why can't I sent it directly from poloniex to... weaver? Is that like some online wallet?

You should be able to...  Reason people keep saying get your coins off Poloniex is you don't know when they are going to permanently take the wallet offline.  Once that happens your coins are gone forever.  They aren't supporting SILK since the delist.  My recommendation, move your stuff ASAP...

You coins won't be gone forever but you might have to email poloniex and say you will be filing a complaint with the SEC if they don't give you your coins.
yell4george

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 12:25:49 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2016, 12:40:25 AM by yell4george

Will the DarkSilk marketplace release alongside the DarkSilk wallet release?

The marketplace will be in the DarkSilk wallet upon launch.

SWEET!  Will there be anything to buy on launch?  Or is that up to users only?

You can read all about the Weaver here :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8r2g16ls5ug7eop/Silk%20Network%20Whitepaper%20December%202015.pdf?dl=0

I've read the whitepaper.  

Basically, I see DSLK as a coin that has adopted many features developed for other coins.  

For potential investors, what sets DSLK/SLK apart?  What can your system do that others can't?

Is Weaver the main selling point of the project?  Is it your market stabilization algorithms?  

I own plenty of SLK, but I'd like to see, in a few sentences, a good sales pitch from the dev team.

The biggest thing I see is the stabilization method. The fact that SilkNetwork has come up with a way to stabilize a cryptocurrency is truly revolutionary. A usable currency needs to be stable. Yes, even bitcoin is flawed.  Think of it like this, say you loan your friend 1btc and he promises to pay you back in 30 days. What amount does he pay you back? 1btc? What will the price of 1btc be in 30days? You see the problem? We're still tied to fiat. We have to peg btc to the dollar and say ok, 1btc is worth $630 right now so you need to pay me back $630 in 30days. We're forced to peg btc to the dollar (a stable currency) so we know what one loaf of bread will cost in 30days!

So what does SilkNet do? They come in with a fresh new idea of a binary coin system that creates a stable and usable currency DSLK by allowing SLK to absorb all the price fluctuations and create an exciting investment opportunity. I personally think SilkNetwork has fixed a major problem with cryptocurrencies. They have developed a way to make a usable, stable form of digital money.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 12:27:16 AM

A buddy of mine is experiencing a problem right now. He sent his Silkcoins to Bittrex and as soon as he did the wallet went into maintenance so he just wanted me to ask if they will fix that problem and his coins will be safe and he will still have them on Bittrex? If someone could help me out with that I would really appreciate it and so would he Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

yell4george

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 12:37:17 AM

A buddy of mine is experiencing a problem right now. He sent his Silkcoins to Bittrex and as soon as he did the wallet went into maintenance so he just wanted me to ask if they will fix that problem and his coins will be safe and he will still have them on Bittrex? If someone could help me out with that I would really appreciate it and so would he Smiley Cheers

Does it show his balance in the SC wallet on trex? I moved coins there from polo before they froze the wallet and I can see my balance but can not deposit or withdrawal
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 12:45:48 AM

Does it show his balance in the SC wallet on trex? I moved coins there from polo before they froze the wallet and I can see my balance but can not deposit or withdrawal
I don't know I'll have to ask him but I know we demo tested 1 coin first that worked then I got a message from him saying he sent the rest of his coins and he never got them and the wallet is in maintenance but I'll double check with him. Thanks mate Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

SilkNetwork (OP)

Activity: 238

Tripartite of Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 12:51:47 AM

I don't know I'll have to ask him but I know we demo tested 1 coin first that worked then I got a message from him saying he sent the rest of his coins and he never got them and the wallet is in maintenance but I'll double check with him. Thanks mate Smiley

Also confirm his walletaddress on the blockchain: http://silkexplorer.silknetwork.org/
If coins are there but not on the wallet try running 'repairwallet' command on the console.
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 01:59:37 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2016, 03:23:22 AM by SilkNetwork

Weaver registration will begin shortly, deposit for Silkcoin(SILK/SC) will begin within 24 hours of registrations opening.

We wish to apologise for the wait you are all experiencing during this transitional period.

During this time we recommend users pull funds to an external/local/cold/paper wallet.

Thank you.
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 04:06:23 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2016, 04:16:28 AM by AltcoinScamfinder

So is there a wallet to withdraw to at all? I still have Silk @ Poloniex since Bitcointalk was down, and not Bittrex won't accept deposits?
Yes I tried the google drive link in a VM of Win 10 x64 and it crashes with DB error.

Edit: Nevermind, go the wallet to 'work' enough to create an address. I guess I can use that one to withdraw to even if the wallet isn't synced since it's private key deterministic I assume.

FOR RENT.
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 04:45:36 AM

So is there a wallet to withdraw to at all? I still have Silk @ Poloniex since Bitcointalk was down, and not Bittrex won't accept deposits?
Yes I tried the google drive link in a VM of Win 10 x64 and it crashes with DB error.

Edit: Nevermind, go the wallet to 'work' enough to create an address. I guess I can use that one to withdraw to even if the wallet isn't synced since it's private key deterministic I assume.

Yes, recover the privkey and wait for full sync and the funds will appear.
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 05:04:43 AM

Yep, figured. Withdrawn. Sucks for some other though, the Poloniex Silk wallet has 600K+ in it still visible from the change transactions. Nice for the rest when they get destroyed through I guess.

FOR RENT.
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 05:07:31 AM

Would be even better if there is a 'import and swap' function in the new wallet that would just allow you to import a SILK dat-file and sweep it to new SLK/Weaver.

FOR RENT.
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 05:47:49 AM

Would be even better if there is a 'import and swap' function in the new wallet that would just allow you to import a SILK dat-file and sweep it to new SLK/Weaver.

Silk(SLK) is a new chain, different ticker and different base58 addresses, so sadly this is not possible even if we wanted to.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 06:18:20 AM

I will miss the camel running relentlessly on the Silkcoin wallet. I hope you will put it somewhere (like a doodle, easter egg, whatever)
He has been such a loyal friend for so long Cheesy

By the way, waiting for the weaver to come.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 08:58:48 AM

I will miss the camel running relentlessly on the Silkcoin wallet. I hope you will put it somewhere (like a doodle, easter egg, whatever)
He has been such a loyal friend for so long Cheesy

By the way, waiting for the weaver to come.

+1 for the camel, and i wouldnt mind my logo i created live forever in some sort of easter egg in the wallet also Wink

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 11:52:47 AM

It's not the 8th any more guys.  How can you expect anyone to give you ICO money when you can't even keep simple commitments.

Where is Weaver?  Why no update when it didn't open for registration as stated?

Think about it.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: