Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:13:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support the rebrand/renaming to move away from the bad connotations, difficulty to carry out business and the constant questions about Silk Road and the connection to the project?
Yes
No
Unsure

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebranded to Duality Blockchain Solutions  (Read 129226 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 04:44:52 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2016, 05:04:29 AM by SLievensDRKSLK

This is the Weaver wallet?

ST9JQLfesyfuaRKCNJVaatgC9t7BeFixmK

Anyway to get a listing of transactions? Doesn't seem to go past two transactions and says 0 have been sent.

I assume the other big one is bittrex?  Or is this in reverse?

How do I find the Weaver transactions?

Don't quote me on this but I believe a reserve and a premine are the same thing. If there is a difference let me know maybe I misunderstand something.

I believe the bigger amount on the 'Top 100' addresses is Weaver and the next biggest is Bittrex. However I am unsure without properly looking. I will ask Matthew for the main wallet address for Weaver to confirm if ST9JQLfesyfuaRKCNJVaatgC9t7BeFixmK is indeed the correct address.

Once all the swaps are completed and the ICO finishes we will get together what exactly was invested into the ICO and what exactly was swapped from Silkcoin to Silk.

For you to trace all the transactions in Weaver alone would be difficult, not impossible. It would require a lot of time to go through the block explorer and working out what went where. We will release as much information as possible once it is correlated.

The available coins are the coins that are not reserved or not staking in peoples wallets, it has nothing to do whatsoever with a premine of coins. You are mistaken, otherwise the available supply would be just 62,196SLK as the instamine (not premine) held 44,000,000SLK in block 1.

The available supply is not what silkcoins have been swapped to silk? The rest is the reserve no? (Instamine Balance after swaps)

No.

I have explained EXACTLY how it is. But you seem to be transfixed on the instamine which enabled us to swap users from the old Silkcoin to the new Silk.

It seems you are just interested to see how much is held on Weaver, which to be honest, is something we are reluctant to share as we believe in protecting the information of our users of Weaver as much as possible. Not to mention that we shouldn't have to, as there is a public ledger and explorer that is provided for this exact purpose.

Weaver Main Addresses:

SNNnTJnbQ5d8Zr2rgnfX4MTJ3zbVgizMAj - instamine swap sent to here, balance now 0
Sg7vcPcDZH8EST7t5vLWpHi16uRz49YasP - swap funds merged here and paid out from here, balance now 0
ST9JQLfesyfuaRKCNJVaatgC9t7BeFixmK - final main weaver address, balance 16160949.62932754SLK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dontigua

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 05:27:44 AM

Anyway to get a listing of transactions? Doesn't seem to go past two transactions and says 0 have been sent.

Don't quote me on this but I believe a reserve and a premine are the same thing. If there is a difference let me know maybe I misunderstand something.

I believe the bigger amount on the 'Top 100' addresses is Weaver and the next biggest is Bittrex. However I am unsure without properly looking. I will ask Matthew for the main wallet address for Weaver to confirm if ST9JQLfesyfuaRKCNJVaatgC9t7BeFixmK is indeed the correct address.

Once all the swaps are completed and the ICO finishes we will get together what exactly was invested into the ICO and what exactly was swapped from Silkcoin to Silk.

For you to trace all the transactions in Weaver alone would be difficult, not impossible. It would require a lot of time to go through the block explorer and working out what went where. We will release as much information as possible once it is correlated.

The available coins are the coins that are not reserved or not staking in peoples wallets, it has nothing to do whatsoever with a premine of coins. You are mistaken, otherwise the available supply would be just 62,196SLK as the instamine (not premine) held 44,000,000SLK in block 1.

The available supply is not what silkcoins have been swapped to silk? The rest is the reserve no? (Instamine Balance after swaps)

No.

I have explained EXACTLY how it is. But you seem to be transfixed on the instamine which enabled us to swap users from the old Silkcoin to the new Silk.

It seems you are just interested to see how much is held on Weaver, which to be honest, is something we are reluctant to share as we believe in protecting the information of our users of Weaver as much as possible. Not to mention that we shouldn't have to, as there is a public ledger and explorer that is provided for this exact purpose.

Weaver Main Addresses:

Sg7vcPcDZH8EST7t5vLWpHi16uRz49YasP - swap funds merged here and paid out from here, balance now 0
ST9JQLfesyfuaRKCNJVaatgC9t7BeFixmK - final main weaver address, balance 16160949.62932754SLK

Yes you explained it.. which is the same as total supply = available supply + reserved (instamine + stakers)

Don't get pissy because I'm asking to see if the numbers balance.  As an investor I have a right to know how the premine is being handled and how it adds up.

This is the basis of nearly 100℅ of all coins with instamines and premine to insure developer credibility.. and of course transparency as this project said it was.

Currently invested in both silk and Darksilk... Which are going to be changed to something else after the fact.. and you're saying that 30℅ of total supply held by Weaver and all the transactions of the swap are not my concern?

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 05:35:46 AM

No.

Weaver Main Addresses:

Yes you explained it.. which is the same as total supply = available supply + reserved (instamine + stakers)

Don't get pissy because I'm asking to see if the numbers balance.  As an investor I have a right to know how the premine is being handled and how it adds up.

This is the basis of nearly 100℅ of all coins with instamines and premine to insure developer credibility.. and of course transparency as this project said it was.

Currently invested in both silk and Darksilk... Which are going to be changed to something else after the fact.. and you're saying that 30℅ of total supply held by Weaver and all the transactions of the swap are not my concern?

I am not getting "pissy" as you put it, I am simply calling it as I see it.

What I am saying is that the 30% of Silk held on Weaver is not owned solely by us, but the user base of the Silk Network and because of that fact we will not release every single address associated with Weaver and thusly divulge users funds upon the platform.

We have however shown how much in total is held on the platform which is transparent enough. We have then gone further than this by releasing the three main addresses associated with Weaver.

There is a block explorer provided by us and provided for the public to use.

Not once did I say it is not your concern, each time I have pointed you towards the explorer and said that all the transactions can be traced from block 1.

What EXACTLY is the issue here? I am unsure as to what it is you want answering? Are you questioning our credibility or trust?

If so, I am sorry but that all comes in time, and to be honest, I have been working for over 2 years and I would like to think that my trust has been built with the community. If you still are having trust issues after this length of time, well, that isn't my issue.
dontigua

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 05:47:28 AM

No.

Weaver Main Addresses:

Don't get pissy because I'm asking to see if the numbers balance.  As an investor I have a right to know how the premine is being handled and how it adds up.

What I am saying is that the 30% of Silk held on Weaver is not owned solely by us, but the user base of the Silk Network and because of that fact we will not release every single address associated with Weaver and thusly divulging users funds upon the platform.

We have however shown how much in total is held on the platform which is transparent enough. We have then gone further than this by releasing the three main addresses associated with Weaver.

There is a block explorer provided by us and provided to the public to use.

Not once did I say it is not your concern, each time I have pointed you towards the explorer and said that all the transactions can be traced from block 1.

What EXACTLY is the issue here? I am unsure as to what it is you want answering? Are you questioning our credibility or trust?

If so, I am sorry but that all comes in time and to be honest, I have been working for over 2 years and I would like to think that my trust has been built with the community. If you still are having trust issues after this length of time, well, that isn't my issue.

Just trying to find out how much silk has been swapped.. the Weaver address at the top of the list is 30 percent with no transactions except for a deposit.

Why would there not be a single instamine address showing all the swaps of the Weaver?

Unfortunately if this isn't the case then someone invested could not insure the accountability of the Weaver and it's operators... You guys could just make up your own accounts and dump on the market and no one would be the wiser. 

I am NOT saying youre doing this.  I am simply saying hey man.. where's the paper trail here to insure everybody is keeping their hands out of the cookie jar.  Standard cryptocurrency practice when there is an instamine or premine.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 05:56:34 AM

No.

Weaver Main Addresses:

What I am saying is that the 30% of Silk held on Weaver is not owned solely by us, but the user base of the Silk Network and because of that fact we will not release every single address associated with Weaver and thusly divulging users funds upon the platform.

If so, I am sorry but that all comes in time and to be honest, I have been working for over 2 years and I would like to think that my trust has been built with the community. If you still are having trust issues after this length of time, well, that isn't my issue.

Just trying to find out how much silk has been swapped.. the Weaver address at the top of the list is 30 percent with no transactions except for a deposit.

Why would there not be a single instamine address showing all the swaps of the Weaver?

Unfortunately if this isn't the case then someone invested could not insure the accountability of the Weaver and it's operators... You guys could just make up your own accounts and dump on the market and no one would be the wiser.  

I am NOT saying youre doing this.  I am simply saying hey man.. where's the paper trail here to insure everybody is keeping their hands out of the cookie jar.  Standard cryptocurrency practice when there is an instamine or premine.

This whole issue is down to non-understanding of how addresses actually work. Do you understand that one address can contain multiple inputs? Do you understand that that 30% address is not actually just one address?

It is not your job to ensure that people are keeping their hands out of the "cookie jar", it is mine and my teams job to do this.

If we constantly state that we believe that every previous "hack" was an inside job, do you really think that we will steal from the funds on Weaver?

Ye of little faith.

Anyway I have been up all night working, it is 6.57am and I am going to bed. So if you respond, you won't get a reply from myself personally for around 6-8 hours.

Night all.
dontigua

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 06:15:12 AM

No.

Weaver Main Addresses:

I am NOT saying youre doing this.  I am simply saying hey man.. where's the paper trail here to insure everybody is keeping their hands out of the cookie jar.  Standard cryptocurrency practice when there is an instamine or premine.

This whole issue is down to non-understanding of how addresses actually work. Do you understand that one address can contain multiple inputs? Do you understand that that 30% address is not actually just one address?

It is not your job to ensure that people are keeping their hands out of the "cookie jar", it is mine and my teams job to do this.

If we constantly state that we believe that every previous "hack" was an inside job, do you really think that we will steal from the funds on Weaver?

Ye of little faith.

Anyway I have been up all night working, it is 6.57am and I am going to bed. So if you respond, you won't get a reply from myself personally for around 6-8 hours.

Night all.

Yes I guess it is your job and why I am asking you?

And when playing with public money, the public has the right to know where it's going as this project promises.  Personally I would say providing this after the ico and a name change; probably isn't the best plan of action as of course it would seem that your corporation would be dissolved/liquidated.. leaving no responsibility legally for anything amiss..

Please dont bite my head off, this is standard investor protection.  Not sure why it seems to bother you.
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:22:22 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2016, 08:33:11 AM by Orestes

So let me break down the 44Million to you all.

16.44M are in user-wallets
   11.44M Staking
    5.0M   non-Staking (of which at least 1.8M is ICO receivables)

11.4M is at the Bittrex exchange

16.16M is at Weaver
    this is Silkcoin collateral or
    SLK collateral for future use.

This means that 63% is converted Silkcoin
of which 41% is actually staking.

Your SLK amount /
11.44M Staking competition *
Yearly increase 986,175 SLK = ...
Your projected yearly increase.

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:44:41 AM

So let me break down the 44Million to you all.

16.44M are in user-wallets
   11.44M Staking
    5.0M   non-Staking (of which at least 1.8M is ICO receivables)

11.4M is at the Bittrex exchange

16.16M is at Weaver
    this is Silkcoin collateral or
    SLK collateral for future use.

This means that 63% is converted Silkcoin
of which 41% is actually staking.

Your SLK amount /
11.44M Staking competition *
Yearly increase 986,175 SLK = ...
Your projected yearly increase.

Ok, perfect. That explains it better. I think there has never been an ICO with such "accountability" if we could use this term. This is a great plus towards you guys. Any news about the rebranding?
pescadorloco69

Activity: 105

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 10:36:14 AM

Go on then, change the name. Darkcoin did it, others did it already. The Market has short memory so this will not even be remembered one day. That's a pity though: I personally started to like the camel.

Yes the market has short memory people will forget about silkroaddrugs.

silkroad was also involved in selling murder for hire and human trafficking, not just illegal drugs.  I like the camel and silk/desert theme but, with a movie being made, it will take some time to forget. Who want to live with that stain for years?  It was difficult for me to argue to keep the name when I constantly need to explain that this project has nothing to do with the darknet and/or illegal markets.  It is bad for business.

The names have been decided upon and the company name, project, coins and platform will be rebranded/renamed.

The direction and focus of the project are held up with the new presentation/appearence of the new branding/names.

The final logos are being created currently and paperwork will be released, followed by a new site/domain and the eventual rebranding finishing in 2017.

I think the re branding is a good move and fully behind the team on this decision.

Glad the team are looking ahead to the future of this project.

MCDev

Activity: 680
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 01:15:40 PM

Go on then, change the name. Darkcoin did it, others did it already. The Market has short memory so this will not even be remembered one day. That's a pity though: I personally started to like the camel.

silkroad was also involved in selling murder for hire and human trafficking, not just illegal drugs.  I like the camel and silk/desert theme but, with a movie being made, it will take some time to forget. Who want to live with that stain for years?  It was difficult for me to argue to keep the name when I constantly need to explain that this project has nothing to do with the darknet and/or illegal markets.  It is bad for business.

I couldn't agree with you more.  I think the majority of the community is behind the rebranding 100% based on the responses from community members who have been around these forums for a while.  I've gotten burned by a number of altcoins in the past 3+ years and to be honest, I haven't had this level of comfort with a coin before.  When I look back at the effort that Spencer, you, and the rest of the team expended on what was a tainted coin for 2+ years, and that the team was investing in the future of the technology, it only adds to my comfort level.  Couple that with the transparency the project has offered both here and on SilkNetwork.org, the effort the team has made to ensure no one  is left out of the swap from the old Silkcoin to Silk, and the teams availability to quickly answer concerns, the comfort level I have with this project is through the roof.  So much so that I have been buying up like a mad man since the news of the rebranding came out.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
cryptodev2014

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

I Love CryptoDAO.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 02:40:31 PM

Silk(SLK), DarkSilk(DSLK) and Weavern all are same crypto or separate

CRYPTODAO ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ CRYPTODAO
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
PRO WEBTRADE   CRYPTO LOAN
Bannedseller

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:31:32 PM

silkroad was also involved in selling murder for hire and human trafficking, not just illegal drugs.  I like the camel and silk/desert theme but, with a movie being made, it will take some time to forget. Who want to live with that stain for years?  It was difficult for me to argue to keep the name when I constantly need to explain that this project has nothing to do with the darknet and/or illegal markets.  It is bad for business.

I couldn't agree with you more.  I think the majority of the community is behind the rebranding 100% based on the responses from community members who have been around these forums for a while.  I've gotten burned by a number of altcoins in the past 3+ years and to be honest, I haven't had this level of comfort with a coin before.  When I look back at the effort that Spencer, you, and the rest of the team expended on what was a tainted coin for 2+ years, and that the team was investing in the future of the technology, it only adds to my comfort level.  Couple that with the transparency the project has offered both here and on SilkNetwork.org, the effort the team has made to ensure no one  is left out of the swap from the old Silkcoin to Silk, and the teams availability to quickly answer concerns, the comfort level I have with this project is through the roof.  So much so that I have been buying up like a mad man since the news of the rebranding came out.

I really believe re branding is the best option. Many people outside crypto space know SILK as "selling murder for hire and human trafficking, not just illegal drugs"
Pr0metheus

Activity: 103

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:40:03 PM

Lets replace the camel for,

SilkNetwork (OP)

Activity: 238

Tripartite of Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 03:43:28 PM

The rebrand is obviously going to go ahead to excel the project and realise this teams potential.

However, we will open a poll to see user support. This poll isn't a vote whether we do or do not rebrand.

The poll is JUST to show user support.

Solero

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:47:03 PM

Can you make an objective pros and cons list so we know exactly what to consider in voting on the poll?
SilkNetwork (OP)

Activity: 238

Tripartite of Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 03:50:26 PM

Can you make an objective pros and cons list so we know exactly what to consider in voting on the poll?

We think it is quite obvious as to why the rebrand is happening.

Bad connotations, unable to carry out business, constant questions about Silk Road and the projects name.....

EDIT: We have spelled it out.
Orestes

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:04:25 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2016, 04:20:35 PM by Orestes

Bad connotations, unable to carry out business, constant questions about Silk Road and the projects name.....

The question is leading...

The pro's could be brand recognition, steadfastness in direction/vision or continuity (in a way that trancends team efforts).
Bad connotations could be overcome by proving the world wrong.
To me business should be secondary. Revolution is something of the people, by the people and for the people.

A less rigorous form of rebranding would've been preferable to me, so I voted no, i.e losing 'Dark', while maintaining 'Silk'.
The sense of urgency and haste don't resonate with me either.
MCDev

Activity: 680
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:30:00 PM

The question is leading...

The pro's could be brand recognition, steadfastness in direction/vision or continuity (in a way that trancends team efforts).
Bad connotations could be overcome by proving the world wrong.
To me business should be secondary. Revolution is something of the people, by the people and for the people.

A less rigorous form of rebranding would've been preferable to me, so I voted no, i.e losing 'Dark', while maintaining 'Silk'.
The sense of urgency and haste don't resonate with me either.

Well, I just voted and you all can guess where I put my vote. Hmmm, mine made it 60 / 40 in favor.  Yes, I agree with "Revolution is something of the people, by the people and for the people", however I disagree with "The sense of urgency and haste don't resonate with me either".  Blockchain technology is moving the fastest it has been for quite some time.  I can tell you very little from my day job, but it is being looked at and considered for many "official" adaptions.  The sense of urgency is there and any hesitation in action will be detrimental to the future of this project.

I also want to make it clear that I am not a member of the team, they are light years  ahead of me in what they are coding.  My only involvement is / was setting up and running some DNS seeders.  That and investing in the project because I truly believe they are taking it in the right direction.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Mimir

Activity: 106

Only a fool worries over what he can’t control.

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:34:28 PM

It's nice y'all did a poll but seriously it was always this weird symbolism hanging over the whole project the whole time, everyone knows it.

You lads solid and hard-working, that's plainly clear to anyone watching for longer than a week.
Consider hiring someone pro to do some serious branding for you, possibly for coin/equity. It's truly not going to be much in the end. Freelancer and odesk or whatever exists now. Think will be worth. My thoughts anyway.

Go strong lads.
Severed head out!

The wilderness has a mysterious tongue. Which teaches awful doubt, or faith so mild
Orestes

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:40:42 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2016, 04:53:48 PM by Orestes

Well, I just voted and you all can guess where I put my vote. Hmmm, mine made it 60 / 40 in favor.  Yes, I agree with "Revolution is something of the people, by the people and for the people", however I disagree with "The sense of urgency and haste don't resonate with me either".  Blockchain technology is moving the fastest it has been for quite some time.  I can tell you very little from my day job, but it is being looked at and considered for many "official" adaptions.  The sense of urgency is there and any hesitation in action will be detrimental to the future of this project.

I also want to make it clear that I am not a member of the team, they are light years  ahead of me in what they are coding.  My only involvement is / was setting up and running some DNS seeders.  That and investing in the project because I truly believe they are taking it in the right direction.

I wouldn't disagree with the fast paced environment, or the necessity of speed, they are. I also agree that hesitation in action is detrimental, therefor I can only wish the best for this new direction. But looking back, this decision was reactionary and not spontaneous, more based on fear of missing out then on the courage/desire to create. Personally I like to leave it at that, the focus should indeed be on the future.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: