Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:20:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support the rebrand/renaming to move away from the bad connotations, difficulty to carry out business and the constant questions about Silk Road and the connection to the project?
Yes
No
Unsure

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebranded to Duality Blockchain Solutions  (Read 129226 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pavicalo

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 11:40:51 PM

Hi
On 13/10 I withdraw my silks from Poloniex to silknetwork.org wallet.
The withdraw status on Poloniex is complete.
But I don't know why my balance is 0 yet.
Someone can help me?
Thks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 11:47:23 PM

In response to the dump, thank you whoever that was, you just helped distribute more coins amongst users Cheesy

How much was dumped? 100k, 200k? a million?

between 200 and 450K but feels like dumping in own hands as the distribution didnt change much.
Feels like scare tactic. Remember this coin still needs to prove itself over time untill then these tactics
will occure.

to "Quote, warren buffet", not exact lines.. invest in a company/group that you feel good by, and ask where you
see them in the next 10/20 years, if you feel good about it and see the potential go hard and deep.

This mindset will burn a part of your bankroll a few times, but the times you are right will be worth it and cover the loses
you made before.

Like i said in other thread and will repeat again, SLK will hit 50k and beyond over time, would you then still sell it? Or take the stakes
to periodically cash out for what ever stupid luxury you need?

Short term thinking for profit will result in chasing wich will result in loss. Be a visionair and invest where YOU believe in long time
1-20yrs.

Silk is a major brand on itself, the name has great opportunity's. Sure people of the first hour will compare it with the darknet. but this stigma has no fundament. The original Silkroad from the ancient times is what we have to keep in mind, where cultural interaction from different regions made smart deals. This is what this project stands for. Freedom of trade freedom of choice.

Let's never forget this, we gonna rebuild the fundament from ancient times in the modern world and make a big finger to regulation and control.

my 2 SLKs

Lets keep on marching camels

I agree, just remember that the branding alone was making silkcoin successful back in 2014 before the devs abandoned the project.

I for myself cant believe they decided to just walk away from the whole thing.

But that doesnt matter anymore, because we have a fresh start this time round Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
MCDev

Activity: 680
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 11:50:27 PM

Hi
Someone can help me?
Thks.

Have you checked your address in the explorer?  There is a link a few pages back.  If the transaction is in the explorer, you should be good.  It take a bit but has gotten a lot faster.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
SilkNetwork (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Tripartite of Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 12:18:17 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2016, 01:00:11 AM by SilkNetwork

IMPORTANT NEWS - 15th Oct 2016

After the work completed on Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver over the course of the last two years, it has become apparent that no matter the quality of our codebase, technology or team, the bad connotations tied to the name Silk and the image of the Camel are hugely detrimental and are simply holding any progression from happening in the business world or with other projects.

Many businesses and investors have shown a real interest in the vision and aims of the team and the possibilities we have presented them with the two independent blockchains and platform, however, when the word Silk is mentioned the deal is off and they no longer wish to invest or show further interest due to the fear of having their reputation or company associated with the name.

To advance this project and complete business deals, partnerships and attain contracts to provide blockchain solutions, it is required there is a rebrand to match the professional and focused direction the team wishes to take this project.

We as a team believe the community would want to see this two-coin system succeed and have invested into this project not just for the name it holds, but the team behind the project itself.

The original technology promised will remain with just one change to the decentralised marketplace, it is not being removed but being adapted to function within the focused direction we are heading, Stormnodes will be available and the ICO will also payout as promised.
ttoroie

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:03:37 AM

After the work completed on Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver over the course of the last two years, it has become apparent that no matter the quality of our codebase, technology or team, the bad connotations tied to the name Silk and the image of the camel are hugely detrimental and are simply holding any progression from happening in the business world or with other projects.

Many businesses and investors have shown a real interest in the vision and aims of the team and the possibilities we have presented them with the two independent blockchains and platform, however, when the word Silk is mentioned the deal is off and they no longer wish to invest or show further interest due to the fear of having their reputation or company associated with the name.

To advance this project and complete business deals, partnerships and attain contracts to provide blockchain solutions, it is required there is a rebrand to match the professional and focused direction the team wishes to take this project.

We as a team believe the community would want to see this two-coin system succeed and have invested into this project not just for the name it holds, but the team behind the project itself.

The original technology promised will remain with just one change to the decentralised marketplace, it is not being removed but being adapted to function within the focused direction we are heading, Stormnodes will be available and the ICO will also payout as promised.

Wow!!! Big one
Pity
I used to love the camel, but in our world trust is everything
If the "Silk" name draws back the whole project then we should move on
Any thoughts on the rebrand thing?

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 01:29:25 AM

Remember that these are but names...  If the future of SLK/DSLK is determined by changing to other names, so be it!

The vision of the team for the future of this project is what separates this from any other crypto ever created, regardless of whatever the project is to be called going forward.

SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 01:29:59 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2016, 02:06:53 AM by SilkNetwork

After the work completed on Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver over the course of the last two years, it has become apparent that no matter the quality of our codebase, technology or team, the bad connotations tied to the name Silk and the image of the camel are hugely detrimental and are simply holding any progression from happening in the business world or with other projects.

Wow!!! Big one
Pity
I used to love the camel, but in our world trust is everything
If the "Silk" name draws back the whole project then we should move on
Any thoughts on the rebrand thing?

The entire project has been already constructed with the rebranding and appropriate names.

The new branding is public and approachable and most importantly, it's about the project as a whole, as a complete package.

This will not require a base58 address change nor hardfork and both coins will still have names that begin with the letters S and D.

The vision that we have and the solutions we want to solve using blockchain technologies cannot be done with the name we currently have.

Investors are interested in our algo, methodology, incentivised nodes, DAO platform, Weaver, stability and privacy/anon functions.

But there are bigger plans and solutions we have which simply will not be invested into with the current name. This will be the main focus of the rebranded project name, to pursue these said solutions.
AleScamHole

Activity: 504

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:53:44 AM

whoa, that IS a big one.

tho it's totally understandable the reasoning, silk is what it is, if it were family feud the top answer would be "road", it's what people associate right away :/

in that regards, will you offer those who maybe RESPECTFULLY choose NOT to pursue their investments due to this rather large change a full refund b4 ICO end?

Best Wishes, as far as i'm concerned a camel moving forward by any other name....

Grin 
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 01:59:01 AM

whoa, that IS a big one.

tho it's totally understandable the reasoning, silk is what it is, if it were family feud the top answer would be "road", it's what people associate right away :/

in that regards, will you offer those who maybe RESPECTFULLY choose NOT to pursue their investments due to this rather large change a full refund b4 ICO end?

Best Wishes, as far as i'm concerned a camel moving forward by any other name....

Grin 

We believe that people who have invested into the ICO have invested into the team and overall vision and not the name itself. The ICO investment and what it delivers, will be delivered upon.

DarkSilk will launch on November 5th, Stormnodes will be available, markets will open and everything will go ahead as normal.

The rebrand is planned out thoroughly and with a lot of control and professional management. Marketing for the new project will begin and information released well before the wallets, platform and websites undergo any namechange.
pavicalo

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:26:53 AM

Hi
Someone can help me?
Thks.

Have you checked your address in the explorer?  There is a link a few pages back.  If the transaction is in the explorer, you should be good.  It take a bit but has gotten a lot faster.

Yeah, I can see the transaction in explorer...the hash...
Maybe it's only a little slow...
MCDev

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:02:29 AM

Hi
Someone can help me?
Thks.

Yeah, I can see the transaction in explorer...the hash...
Maybe it's only a little slow...

You should be good then.  Give it a little more time.  They do verify the original coins and that takes a little time, but for us, it's worth it.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
oneyesoneno

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:25:38 AM

guys.. i had just come to notice that Darksilk is going to be a stable coin...
so in this term "Stable": is it stable as it wont be volatile? or stable as it will be fix in certain price?

And also... if i send darksilk without the weaver application.. will it still in "stealth mode" because.. i read : in other to get the stealth function, we need to pay for monthly subscription.
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 04:33:58 AM

so in this term "Stable": is it stable as it wont be volatile? or stable as it will be fix in certain price?

And also... if i send darksilk without the weaver application.. will it still in "stealth mode" because.. i read : in other to get the stealth function, we need to pay for monthly subscription.

Indeed, non-volatile and stabilised, but not fixed/capped.

The standalone DarkSilk wallet will have the ability to utilise "Stealth Addresses".
oneyesoneno

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:11:21 AM

The standalone DarkSilk wallet will have the ability to utilise "Stealth Addresses".

thx for the quick reply...
i had another question...

there will be 90 million darksilk in total supply...
while only 4million darksilk is instamined where 1.528.000 came from the ICO...

soo.. where rest 86million darksilk came from?
ty
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 05:13:37 AM

ty

Your confusing total supply ever to be produced with available supply in circulation.
MCDev

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:18:17 AM

whoa, that IS a big one.

Grin  

We believe that people who have invested into the ICO have invested into the team and overall vision and not the name itself. The ICO investment and what it delivers, will be delivered upon.

DarkSilk will launch on November 5th, Stormnodes will be available, markets will open and everything will go ahead as normal.

The rebrand is planned out thoroughly and with a lot of control and professional management. Marketing for the new project will begin and information released well before the wallets, platform and websites undergo any namechange.

I agree with you 100%.  

The ability to attract investors and business contracts supersedes loyalty to the name or the Camel (but I like the Camel too).  
I have no plans to change my investment in Silk/DSilk going through the rebrand.  Once I had transferred my coins from Poloniex to Weaver and they were swapped to the new Silk, I could have sold at breakeven or a profit the whole time.  I have 100% of the swapped Silk sitting here staking.  My original plan when I found out about the swap was to swap the coins and then sell them.

After reading all the information available, I decided to hold, and I continue to hold because of the technology and the team behind it.  I did not hold and I am not buying what I am buying because of the name of the coin.  That would pretty much be ridiculous.  You buy (or you should be buying), or better yet invest in the technology and features that are behind the coin.  As far as I’m concerned the coin and coin name is merely a transfer medium.  On a consumer level it may be nice to have a cool name, on a business level where integrity and reputation matters,  you cannot bring any baggage with you and you have to face it; Silk / DarkSilk had baggage in the public eye from a legitimacy point of view.

Look at the Chime project for example… millions of patient id’s…. you’re a director or CTO for a medical facility; are you going to even entertain the thought of using technology related to a cytpro-currency  even remotely associated, if only name similarity to secure patient Id’s?  I wouldn’t.

Again, I agree with the rebranding.  It will only add to the value and legitimacy of the technology and a much wider acceptance.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
oneyesoneno

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:47:21 AM

ty

Your confusing total supply ever to be produced with available supply in circulation.

oh i see i get what u mean.. so 90darksilk is the total supply ever to be produced..

If i am not mistaken as i had just register: to participated in the ICO.. we can either deposit in Bitcoin or Silk right?
so what is the different if i deposit in Bitcoin or Silk (which i could buy using Bitcoin)?

and the 71BTC collected so far which is display on the ICO page, is the total amount of people invested in Bitcoin alone or both (Btc+Silk) somehow? IF not...  how to know how much total Silk, people had invested?
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:06:35 AM

Go on then, change the name. Darkcoin did it, others did it already. The Market has short memory so this will not even be remembered one day. That's a pity though: I personally started to like the camel.
Yoshinori

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 10:14:23 AM

Go on then, change the name. Darkcoin did it, others did it already. The Market has short memory so this will not even be remembered one day. That's a pity though: I personally started to like the camel.

Who won't miss this guy   http://img.wallpaperfolder.com/f/77033890ED37/camel-desert-vehicle-camels-free.jpg

I know i sure will. However, as the world evolves we have to Adapt and Evolve too, and this is one of the many things that we have to Change in order to continue the Journey and not Drown standing, if it'll be something else instead of camels, then so be it!
dontigua

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:17:52 PM

After the work completed on Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver over the course of the last two years, it has become apparent that no matter the quality of our codebase, technology or team, the bad connotations tied to the name Silk and the image of the Camel are hugely detrimental and are simply holding any progression from happening in the business world or with other projects.

This is a joke right? You guys should fix your mobile site before rebranding..  baby steps kids.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: