Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:42:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191689 times)
imakone

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 11:04:25 PM

I am extremely troubled... for some reason I don't have the KomodoPlatform 2FA on my fone anymore.... how can I retrieve my account... any help ?  Cry

There are several solutions for this.
Check:
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185834?hl=en

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HK1509

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 11:24:31 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2017, 12:18:06 AM by HK1509

I am extremely troubled... for some reason I don't have the KomodoPlatform 2FA on my fone anymore.... how can I retrieve my account... any help ?  Cry

There are several solutions for this.
Check:
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185834?hl=en

Thanks... been trying it all day, it only speaks about 2FA for google accounts... I feel so helpless man
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 11:31:12 PM

I often hear from devs of different coins: we'll start marketing when the product is ready. But the thing is that a great product is never ready, it's always growing, developing, changing. Markets are like women, don't try to surprise them with something great. You'll lose. Better tell them you're going to do something great. Let them waiting for it. Vitalik is a perfect example. he started talking (and the world stated talking with him) about ETH years before he actually made something.

Supernet and other associated projects have been hyped for the last 2 yrs.......everyone has heard about it. The last 2 yrs have been just need to get the GUI finished. Just need to get the Windows wallet finished.

Just need to get Pangea finished......... so how about we wait until the cake is baked we all know that it's in the oven

Cheers Jon  Cool

https://wtf.jpg.wtf/c2/80/1485202315-c280f5699c0e7d527b90161f88e9107a.png

I don't think there is much correlation with the lack of coindesk articles. It's probs a good thing as coindesk is infamous for crappy click bait articles and apart from it's btc ticker, there isn't much to be taken from that channel.

I didn't know that. Their website so good and serious looking that I decided they are the most popular crypto news website.

KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 02:22:09 AM

Can someone please just tell me when we can trade Komodo? I haven't had the time to follow updates for a while.

Distribution is next Tuesday - 31.Jan - trading will be possible quicly then.
I am not 100% if DEX is available immediately- if so, distribution day is trading day.

The OP hasn't changed since the ICO and so where are download links to wallets?

We wanted to publish easy installers, but there's still a bug that is not fixed (for Windows). We realize that we cannot delay this forever, and thus we are now working on install instructions.

The wallets for windows/linux/OS X with instructions will be published shortly. The easy installers will be published as soon as that bug is finished.

I am extremely troubled... for some reason I don't have the KomodoPlatform 2FA on my fone anymore.... how can I retrieve my account... any help ?  Cry

Did you backup the code you got when you started using the 2FA? The app shows a backup code for each site when you first enable the 2FA.

As the token distribution to signature participants are coming closer, do we again need to send our payment info again or the info sent last month is good enough?

No, if you have sent it already then it's all good!

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 02:46:58 AM

Can someone please just tell me when we can trade Komodo? I haven't had the time to follow updates for a while.

Distribution is next Tuesday - 31.Jan - trading will be possible quicly then.
I am not 100% if DEX is available immediately- if so, distribution day is trading day.

The OP hasn't changed since the ICO and so where are download links to wallets?

We wanted to publish easy installers, but there's still a bug that is not fixed (for Windows). We realize that we cannot delay this forever, and thus we are now working on install instructions.

The wallets for windows/linux/OS X with instructions will be published shortly. The easy installers will be published as soon as that bug is finished.

Great news! Ignore what I just said, it looks like the team managed to fix the pm2 bug while I was sleeping.

Now we are working hard to get the easy installers ready, and then published with step by step instructions. Everyone will be welcome to join the beta test.  Grin

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 02:48:55 AM

Having hard time understanding how ChonoBank is aiming at 10k BTC and komodo received what? 1700 fresh BTC? I would really suggest you guys to start promotions ASAP even if the product is almost ready. Not so many people have even heard about KMD, look at the rate of thread post here and there. Don't be afraid to spend some of those funds, one of the goals to collect them was for promotions as I understand. Please do. I know the campaign will start soon, there is no need for "soon", do it now. Time is of the essence here.

P.S. Heat is out in 4 days, halfbaked, but aiming for a lot of similar goals.
I agree with that.

Dont make the same mistake as nxt in the first years. Great tech but without decent promotion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Nz8nHKY8Y

Andreas Antonopoulos : "If they try to stomp on bitcoin, they will discover that bitcoin was a little gecko technology, like Napster was the benign file sharing technology. When you stomp on the gecko, it becomes a Komodo dragon and then bites off your foot next time you try to stomp it"
I do not doubt the technology you create, the ambitions are there too. If all goes as planned, this could be the biggest coin after eth.
Grasshopper eats grass, gecko eats grasshopper, iguana eats grasshopper, komodo eats everything that moves, I understand that.

I was just suggesting to get as much media on-board not after komodo is ready, but rather now. It would only help in a long run.

What komodo needs is a massive influx of users and liquidity, otherwise the whole platform 'might' not work as advertised. We can put all efforts to achieve that goal under the umbrella of 'marketing', but some very effective options involve things other than media and advertising. The goal is viral growth, so studying how other projects have achieved that is useful for the community now. The tech will work as intended, I have no doubt about that, but ONLY after reaching the user::liquidity critical mass reqjired to make things work. I fear slow growth in users will stifle the tech, which will then be copied by someone else.

So, let's borrow ideas from other projects that achieved viral growth, how did they do it? If we fail to do this, komodo fails. Some coins can survive a long time without a lot of users and still 'work', but with komodo I don't think this is possible. The komodo 'magic' jl777 has created needs a large network to work, so imo this should be priority number one!

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 03:00:11 AM

Having hard time understanding how ChonoBank is aiming at 10k BTC and komodo received what? 1700 fresh BTC? I would really suggest you guys to start promotions ASAP even if the product is almost ready. Not so many people have even heard about KMD, look at the rate of thread post here and there. Don't be afraid to spend some of those funds, one of the goals to collect them was for promotions as I understand. Please do. I know the campaign will start soon, there is no need for "soon", do it now. Time is of the essence here.

I agree with that.

Dont make the same mistake as nxt in the first years. Great tech but without decent promotion.

Andreas Antonopoulos : "If they try to stomp on bitcoin, they will discover that bitcoin was a little gecko technology, like Napster was the benign file sharing technology. When you stomp on the gecko, it becomes a Komodo dragon and then bites off your foot next time you try to stomp it"
I do not doubt the technology you create, the ambitions are there too. If all goes as planned, this could be the biggest coin after eth.
Grasshopper eats grass, gecko eats grasshopper, iguana eats grasshopper, komodo eats everything that moves, I understand that.

I was just suggesting to get as much media on-board not after komodo is ready, but rather now. It would only help in a long run.

What komodo needs is a massive influx of users and liquidity, otherwise the whole platform 'might' not work as advertised. We can put all efforts to achieve that goal under the umbrella of 'marketing', but some very effective options involve things other than media and advertising. The goal is viral growth, so studying how other projects have achieved that is useful for the community now. The tech will work as intended, I have no doubt about that, but ONLY after reaching the user::liquidity critical mass reqjired to make things work. I fear slow growth in users will stifle the tech, which will then be copied by someone else.

So, let's borrow ideas from other projects that achieved viral growth, how did they do it? If we fail to do this, komodo fails. Some coins can survive a long time without a lot of users and still 'work', but with komodo I don't think this is possible. The komodo 'magic' jl777 has created needs a large network to work, so imo this should be priority number one!

Yes, marketing is important, we need to work hard to showcase our platform.

We need a liquid market for the KMD <-> BTC pair, because that is the gateway to PAX fiat assets. To sell or buy EUR, USD, etc. you will have to buy/sell KMD too (if you buy with BTC).

Our DEX however doesn't need mass influx of users in the same way a DEX based on proxy tokens would. We will have liquidity provider nodes that will bring us the liquidity from the central exchanges. A user can buy something through our DEX with zero counterparty risk, and the liquidity provider balances the trade through a central exchange, for a profit of course (market making). Thus the liquidity provider node takes the risk as it has to keep some funds on the central exchange.

Anyway, our solution is designed to make the decentralized exchange a reality. No exchange can succeed without liquidity and convenience, the zero counterparty risk feature is just a cherry on the top that people will appreciate if everything else works.

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 03:04:27 AM

Quote from: boogieman
Iguana Update #21 (daily)

Implementing periodic check for the setup requirements.
 - Investigated Supernet API Reference and created an error service for API checks.
 - Mockups are being developed in parallels.

Loading screen animation (Loader)
 - Modified the http-functional.
 - Modified both the functional part and style of the loader

Nightwatch UAT
 - Updated tests with exit workaround
 - Updated bash scripts
 - Code review

EasyDEX
Investigated if we may integrate EasyDEX as another cool DApp on Iguana platform using existing code and wrapping into Iguana stylish UI. Getting ready mockups and user stories to integrate, thoroughly test and release.

CryptoSporidium

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 03:21:23 AM

I agree with that.

Yes, marketing is important, we need to work hard to showcase our platform.

We need a liquid market for the KMD <-> BTC pair, because that is the gateway to PAX fiat assets. To sell or buy EUR, USD, etc. you will have to buy/sell KMD too (if you buy with BTC).

Our DEX however doesn't need mass influx of users in the same way a DEX based on proxy tokens would. We will have liquidity provider nodes that will bring us the liquidity from the central exchanges. A user can buy something through our DEX with zero counterparty risk, and the liquidity provider balances the trade through a central exchange, for a profit of course (market making). Thus the liquidity provider node takes the risk as it has to keep some funds on the central exchange.

Anyway, our solution is designed to make the decentralized exchange a reality. No exchange can succeed without liquidity and convenience, the zero counterparty risk feature is just a cherry on the top that people will appreciate if everything else works.

Yes, I mean liquidity for the KMD::BTC pair so the pegged fiat currencies work as intended, that's the jewel in the crown that can actually attract professional currency traders from outside the cryptosphere. The DEX is awesome, but it's preaching to the converted (I.e those already inside the cryptosphere), the PAX can open eyes to a whole new audience and have appeal to people who would not otherwise be interested in trading cryptos. My understanding is if pegged fiat currencies work, then other real world commodities could follow. I'm thinking BIG, much bigger than shapeshift on steroids.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 07:35:07 AM

we will run a house LP node to provide the critical KMD/BTC liquidity, another use of ICO funds. unfortunately we didnt raise enough to be able to provide liquidity across the board, but the KMD/BTC pair is critical and needs to be liquid.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
CryptoSporidium

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 08:07:12 AM

we will run a house LP node to provide the critical KMD/BTC liquidity, another use of ICO funds. unfortunately we didnt raise enough to be able to provide liquidity across the board, but the KMD/BTC pair is critical and needs to be liquid.

Good news, thanks jl777! The liquidity issue is a chicken::egg problem, so a big house LP node providing good liquidity can be the egg that brings in the first wave of trading chickens, great! I'm feeling better now, did not know about the house LP node.
HK1509

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 09:36:31 AM

Did you backup the code you got when you started using the 2FA? The app shows a backup code for each site when you first enable the 2FA.

I didn't... I feel very stupid now... Google advises that the website admin only can help
EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 12:28:25 PM

I'm sorry but you are all making it too complicated and convoluted, how will you attract non-technical users and 'normal' people? @jl777 complaining that you didn't raise enough? with 2600BTC+ = $2,300,000,-

Most coin project are able to release all sorts for less than that and then you talk about easy install wallets? Thats a given that you should be able to download a wallet for KMD that just installs and just works. There shouldn't be any need for any step by step instructions.

Soooooooon...............
CryptoSporidium

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 12:35:16 PM

I'm sorry but you are all making it too complicated and convoluted, how will you attract non-technical users and 'normal' people? @jl777 complaining that you didn't raise enough? with 2600BTC+ = $2,300,000,-

Most coin project are able to release all sorts for less than that and then you talk about easy install wallets? Thats a given that you should be able to download a wallet for KMD that just installs and just works. There shouldn't be any need for any step by step instructions.

My understanding is most of the ico bitcoins are funding the delayed PoW tx fees, and subsidising notary nodes. If you look at the details of what is planned, the bitcoins raised will fund things on the smell of the proverbial oily rag, just. Do some more home work.
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 12:56:35 PM

No one is complaining.

It is just a fact that with more funding you could do some extra things, but we will do well with what we have.

We are now testing the wallet. If you are interested join channel #iguana and help us out!

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 12:57:09 PM

I didn't... I feel very stupid now... Google advises that the website admin only can help

Ok, please contact @audo on SuperNET Slack and we will short it out.

bitcoinsay

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Presale starts on 28th of April!

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 01:52:56 PM

Do you have any btcd increase komodo positive ?

▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄██▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄██▄▄
▄████████▄     ▄████████▄
███████▀▀  ▄   ▄  ▀▀███████
██████▀  ▄█████████▄  ▀██████
██████  ▄█████████████▄  ██████
█████  █████████████████  █████
██████  █████████████████  ██████
█████  ███████████████████  █████
█████  ███████████████████  █████
████  ███████████████████  ████
▀▀█▀   ▀███████████████▀   ▀█▀▀
▄      ▀█████████████▀      ▄
█▄   ▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄   ▄█
▀  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████  ▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
               ▄▄▄
         ▄▄▄██████
   ▄▄▄███████▀████
▀█████████▀ ▄████
   ▀████▀ ▄██████
      ▀ ▄███████
        ██▀█████
        █   ▀██

▄▄▄▄
      ▄█████
      ███
    ▄▄███▄▄
    ███████
      ███
      ███
      ███
           ▄▄▄
 █▄       █████▄▀
 ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀
  ▀█████████████
   █████████████
    ▀██████████
    ▄████████
▄▄████████▀▀

██▄     ▄██▄
 ████▄  ▄█████
 ███████████ █
 ██████████ ██
 █████████ ███
 ████▀███ ████
 ████  ▀ █████
 ▀███     ▀▀██
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 02:14:01 PM

I wait is almost over, 7 days to KMD distribution. I know the team has not divulge much on where the tokens will be traded. Anyone hear any news about exchange from the grapevine.
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 05:53:27 PM

SuperNET Tuesday Update 24/01/2017

Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 07:11:30 PM

Is there a fix exchange-rate how much REV-Shares i get from my swapped BTCD, or is it flex how much BTCD where swapped at 15th  Jan?

....have you still caalculated the rate ? (And of course very interesting, how much REV's will be availibel, and how much are going to the BTCD-Swapper ?)  ...i know it still tales a few month till we get the Shares, ....so no hurry, i'm only interrested Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: