Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:31:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191689 times)
ngdias

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 05:53:50 PM

Take note, anyone running Komodod and KMD-nomp, can setup their own mining pool.

The guide has it setup to run locally for the miners, and the payment processing is off because there are bugs. But someone could fix it  Smiley

https://github.com/xRobeSx/kmd-nomp

Payment processing is off, ok, but if you find a block the coins have to go somewhere, and that is a a main address you set up in the NOMP pool or an address generated by the wallet created by komodod? Either way if you're solo mining, payouts feature doesn't matter as long as blocks rewards go to an address you control, correct?

1% of KMD not sure how much that amounts to. How many blocks is that in 24h on average and roughly how many coins for the same period?

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 05:58:56 PM

Take note, anyone running Komodod and KMD-nomp, can setup their own mining pool.

The guide has it setup to run locally for the miners, and the payment processing is off because there are bugs. But someone could fix it  Smiley

Payment processing is off, ok, but if you find a block the coins have to go somewhere, and that is a a main address you set up in the NOMP pool or an address generated by the wallet created by komodod? Either way if you're solo mining, payouts feature doesn't matter as long as blocks rewards go to an address you control, correct?

1% of KMD not sure how much that amounts to. How many blocks is that in 24h on average and roughly how many coins for the same period?

Thanks.
ave blocktime 1 min -> 1440 per day -> 1% about 14 per day
block reward 3 KMD -> ~40 KMD per day

not sure what the cost for GPU is per day, but if you only pay for electricity,then it should do quite well

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 06:00:26 PM

How exactly is the REVS asset working? i'll get some KMD and Revs from the ICO site. will this all be in the iguana wallet?
yes and you will be able to DEX trade REVS against BTC, KMD, pax USD, etc.

xrobesx

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:02:13 PM

Thanks.

in the setup guide you find a spot to insert addresses. you would generate the addresses in Komodod and then place them in the config file. only the first one is need though with payment processing disabled. so then all of your mining would go to that address, you control it with komodod.

the payment processing allows it automatically send to the private address, then send to a transparent address, and then send to workers.
bazsy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:08:15 PM

How to run gpuminer?
Komodo windows wallet?
Please tutorial!
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 06:14:31 PM

How to run gpuminer?
Komodo windows wallet?
Please tutorial!
mining is only on unix

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 06:14:53 PM

I will start processing the next batch in about an hour

kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:25:26 PM

We recommend you use either 'Full Mode' or 'Basilisk Mode'.

Apparently there is some bug on windows when using full mode, but according to yassin the Basilisk mode works nicely.

Was wondering what the differences between these two modes are. Is Basilisk an equivalent to a light mode? Or is there a light mode? I assume I would discover that when installing but just wanted to get the info before that. Thx.

xrobesx

Activity: 335

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:30:10 PM

Apparently there is some bug on windows when using full mode, but according to yassin the Basilisk mode works nicely.

Was wondering what the differences between these two modes are. Is Basilisk an equivalent to a light mode? Or is there a light mode? I assume I would discover that when installing but just wanted to get the info before that. Thx.

Basilisk is lite mode. You do not download the blockchain, but simply connect to notary nodes.
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:36:45 PM

Basilisk is a mode similar to a "Lite" mode  but  with several important key differences.   Traditional Lite Clients  connect to a CENTRAL SERVER and execute transactions FROM THAT SERVER.

Basilisk mode  connects to ELIGIBLE IGUANA FULL NODES  and sign transactions   LOCALLY.

These key differences mean  that unlike traditional lite clients   your coin is still kept on your system.  

Full nodes  are just that,  you sync a copy of the entire blockchain  and run as a normal node on the network.    
tortellino

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:37:59 PM

@jl777: downloaded the wallet, installed full mode, choosed KMD and entered my seed. Wallet is open with my verified KMD address where you send my KMD in the first batch but it shows 0 balance?? When i use atomic explorer it also shows 0 balance, on kpx.io my balance is shown right. Refreshed it several times and waited a lot but no success.

Edit: tried in basilik mode and balance is there with nearly 4000 confirmations, so whats wrong with full mode?

▄█████████████████▄▄▄
███████████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████  ▄▄▄▄
█████              ▀█████████▀
█████                ██████▀
█████             ▄██████▀
█████         ▄▄██████▓▀   
█████      ▄▄███████▀   ▄▓██
█████   ▄▄███████▓▀   ▄▓████
█████▄█████████▀   ▄▓██████▌
████████████▓▀   ▄▓████████
██████████▀   ▄▓██████████
████████▀   ▄███████████▀
 ▀███▓▀   ▄▓███████▀▀▀┘
.DEVAULT.     
  ●   

.COMMUNITYE
.GOVERNANCE.
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
  .ICOEE
PREMINE
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 06:39:41 PM

@jl777: downloaded the wallet, installed full mode, choosed KMD and entered my seed. Wallet is open with my verified KMD address where you send my KMD in the first batch but it shows 0 balance?? When i use atomic explorer it also shows 0 balance, on kpx.io my balance is shown right. Refreshed it several times and waited a lot but no success.
If on windows, basilisk mode should be used, there are some sync issues still in full mode on windows.

tortellino

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:43:01 PM

so how to backup the wallet or is not needed as long as i have my seed?

▄█████████████████▄▄▄
███████████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████  ▄▄▄▄
█████              ▀█████████▀
█████                ██████▀
█████             ▄██████▀
█████         ▄▄██████▓▀   
█████      ▄▄███████▀   ▄▓██
█████   ▄▄███████▓▀   ▄▓████
█████▄█████████▀   ▄▓██████▌
████████████▓▀   ▄▓████████
██████████▀   ▄▓██████████
████████▀   ▄███████████▀
 ▀███▓▀   ▄▓███████▀▀▀┘
.DEVAULT.     
  ●   

.COMMUNITYE
.GOVERNANCE.
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
  .ICOEE
PREMINE
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:45:48 PM

Basilisk is lite mode. You do not download the blockchain, but simply connect to notary nodes.

Basilisk is a mode similar to a "Lite" mode  but  with several important key differences.   Traditional Lite Clients  connect to a CENTRAL SERVER and execute transactions FROM THAT SERVER.

Basilisk mode  connects to ELIGIBLE IGUANA FULL NODES  and sign transactions   LOCALLY.

These key differences mean  that unlike traditional lite clients   your coin is still kept on your system.       

Thank you guys for the fast replies. I think I'll be going with Basilisk for the time being especially since I'm going to install it on Windows and that there seem to be syncing issues:

If on windows, basilisk mode should be used, there are some sync issues still in full mode on windows.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 06:58:00 PM

What is Basilisk mode?

Finally I see questions about this and since it is yet another new tech in komodo, it isnt quite like anything else.

Having 64 high performance nodes that are PoS elected provides the infrastructure that enables basilisk mode. Namely 64 servers each with the same set of full nodes running for all of the following coins:

["KMD", "BTC", "USD", "EUR", "JPY", "GBP", "AUD", "CAD", "CHF", "NZD", "CNY", "RUB", "MXN", "BRL", "INR", "HKD", "TRY", "ZAR", "PLN", "NOK", "SEK", "DKK", "CZK", "HUF", "ILS", "KRW", "MYR", "PHP", "RON", "SGD", "THB", "BGN", "IDR", "HRK", "REVS", "SUPERNET", "DEX", "PANGEA", "JUMBLR", "BET", "CRYPTO", "HODL", "SHARK", "BOTS", "MGW", "MVP", "WIRELESS", "KV", "CEAL", "MESH"]

Since all the notary nodes are running all these chains anyway and additionally they are in a position of having some trust, it does not increase the trust exposure to rely on them for blockchain data.

the basilisk client does all of the wallet management, signing, rawtx construction and anything that directly affects your funds. At no point does any notary node obtain any sensitive information. Rather, the notary nodes are providing data that is available to any node with the current blockchain.

If you analyze this as a system, you will find that there is only one way that a basilisk client can lose money and it is of a vandalism nature. Since each basilisk is signing its own transaction and it knows how much is being paid, the only exposure is if a utxo is believed to be smaller than it actually is. Notice that it cant be represented to be larger than it actually is, as that would create an invalid transaction. However, if a basilisk node is fooled into thinking a utxo has a value that is smaller, then it would end up creating a giant txfee.

Since the mining is randomized, an evil notary node cant know that it will get the oversized txfee. Additionally, I have capped txfee to 1 KMD, so even after all the work to fool a basilisk node to over spend and to be lucky and get the block with the overspend, it needs to be less than 1 KMD. Seems a lot of work for very small gain. Also, all basilisk packets are signed by a notary's privkey and can be traced to the specific provider. Any evil notary node will quickly be identified and lose notary status.

A big risk for the 1 KMD "windfall"

However, I added a threeway validation for each utxo lookup. That means three random notaries all need to return the identical data for each utxo that is used in rawtx construction. Ultimately, the client GUI can track each utxo and its value and we can store this locally so we dont need to rely on the notary nodes for utxo lookup. However, to get the data needed to know what the tx value is, requires relying on the notaries, so I dont see it as a big priority to get this implemented. It would speed up the tx creation process though so after the must have functions are there, something like this could be scheduled.

For bitcoind experts, you will be saying, "utxo lookups are all nice and good, but you cant do listunspent for addresses that are not in the notary server's wallet" and a basilisk node's address wont be in the wallet, right?

With recent bitcoin versions, the support for watch only addresses was added and the komodo notary nodes utilizes this so it can keep track of transactions for addresses not directly in its wallet. One reason why it takes me so long to do the payouts is because I trigger an importaddress for all the notary nodes for all destination addresses. Also, the GUI does a network importaddress on wallet creation. this way, all transactions after a new wallet is created will have a watch only address and thus listunspent and listtransaction will work.

However, keep in mind that it is possible that sometimes a specific server wont have a certain address being watched for all the time after it is created and there could be occasional intermittent errors when creating basilisk transactions. So far, we are not seeing much of this, but it is a theoretical possibility.

I hope this explains basilisk mode well enough for people to understand.

The atomic explorer also uses the notary nodes for displaying the blockexplorer level data. Also, if you notice the notarychains array has BTC as one of the coins, so it means that you can do BTC basilisk transactions too.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 06:59:29 PM

so how to backup the wallet or is not needed as long as i have my seed?
if you are not creating new addresses, all you need is the seed.

however if you do create new addresses, its high entropy privkey is added to the encrypted wallet file in the SuperNET/iguana/confs directory

then again, if you are creating new addresses (via RPC), you can do dumpprivkey and backupwallet calls

St.Stephan

Activity: 281

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 07:20:12 PM

trolling

Supernet is moving forward as before and the asset will receive the revenues as planned. Nothing has changed for investors. KomodPlatform is saying that in origin there were some third-party coins that were in partnership with SN (so they were called "core coins") but they're no longer part

Yea thanks for re-writing of his post but no, that's not what he said. he said supernet not part of the core concept moving forward.

And my question  was to the dev, not you. So STFU.

Waiting on a specific answer from the OP.

demented troll creeping over here from WAVES thread.
you got your answer, now crawl back under your stone.

suck me lorre. you might not give a shit about how Supernet has gone off the rails and disappeared into la-la investment land but some people do.
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 07:29:14 PM

Download Iguana Desktop Application from the new SuperNET website!

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 07:34:50 PM

trolling

Supernet is moving forward as before and the asset will receive the revenues as planned. Nothing has changed for investors. KomodPlatform is saying that in origin there were some third-party coins that were in partnership with SN (so they were called "core coins") but they're no longer part

Yea thanks for re-writing of his post but no, that's not what he said. he said supernet not part of the core concept moving forward.

And my question  was to the dev, not you. So STFU.

Waiting on a specific answer from the OP.

demented troll creeping over here from WAVES thread.
you got your answer, now crawl back under your stone.

suck me lorre. you might not give a shit about how Supernet has gone off the rails and disappeared into la-la investment land but some people do.
komodo is part of SuperNET. what part of that do you not understand?

SuperNET is now worth about 80% of its ICO price, which isnt great but a lot better than a lot of others over the same timeframe.

Next month we will migrate NXT assets to komodo ecosystem and then we will be able to start issuing dividends.

Having one of the larger ICO's and actively bringing project online is not exactly "off the rails and disappeared". We certainly havent disappeared and I do not understand what you mean by of the rails. I write the code in C, not ruby on rails, so maybe you are right, SuperNET is not using rails.

RoHoss

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 07:40:48 PM

Is this final version or beta?
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: