Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:57:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 [687] 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191687 times)
Nadika

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:18:15 AM

KOOO MOOO DOOOOO Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maceneter

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:53:15 PM

4,75$🚀 Just the start
JL777 ... you are my personal nakamoto
Sincere_

Activity: 716
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:08:40 PM

What's up with the price of Komodo? It's going wild.

It may be because of this post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/7juc9i/first_of_many_bch_kmd_atomic_swap_via_barterdex/

I'm also starting to see posts like this:
https://twitter.com/jessecouch/status/941606430137769985

That guy on twitter has over 25k followers.

The power of crypto social media that's big for Komodo. Crypto  is starting to get a lot of attention from everyone now and it will benefit all alts but Komodo to me is on the top of the list.
Maceneter

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:41:49 PM

One area where Komodo is different than many other platforms are the asset chains. I’m going to steal a conversation from a team member in Slack explaining how Komodo is different (superior) from some other platforms. It was explained that a Whitepaper/Lightpaper is in the works.

“ERC20 tokens are not actual coins. They are smart contracts, and they are locked to the Ethereum platform.
Komodo asset chains are unique, individual coins, fully capable of leaving anytime the developer desires.
This tech takes longer to build, but provides more freedom in the long run for developers.
To secure these individual coins, we basically insert "backups" into the Bitcoin (or any other) blockchain, which the Komodo parent chain can then use to rebuild the entire network, in the event of an attack.
This gives any project in the Komodo ecosystem Bitcoin-level security,  but a fraction of the cost.
We're in the process of releasing our first non-KMD-built asset chain now, Monaize. You can already buy some MNZ tokens on our decentralized exchange, The BarterDEX, and more should be coming at the official launch date.
Komodo assetchains are independent chains their consensus does not depend on the parent chain. Like in eth ardor and waves
In the ardor model, a bundled must be willing to exchange his ardor for your childchain token.  In order for the childchain to write its data in the blockchain.
Assetchain doesn't need to use DPoW.   It is regular proof of work consensus. (Except with on demand blocks)
Childchain *needs* to pay the bundler to confirm child chain tx
In eth model, ether is used to keep contract running.  In neo model.  A separate coin "gas" was created to handle that.
In waves it is paid in its own token to the stakers
5 different models right there for blockchain ecosystem. The differences are crucial and I believe Komodo is the best path.  Develop on your own chain, don't worry about arbitrary decisions by parent chain developers”

So, if KMD is superior to Ethereum, and Ethereum is worth $700, how much should Komodo be worth if it can prove itself with dICOs, BarterDEX, etc. working as advertised next year?

Anything is possible.
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:43:50 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/7juc9i/first_of_many_bch_kmd_atomic_swap_via_barterdex/

The power of crypto social media that's big for Komodo. Crypto  is starting to get a lot of attention from everyone now and it will benefit all alts but Komodo to me is on the top of the list.
Our marketing efforts is getting us close to 40,000 followers from what I hear and KMD is many times in the top most mentioned cryptos

So for everyone that has been criticizing KMD marketing, maybe it is time to give some credit where credit is due?

tomsmith26

Activity: 1148
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:19:45 PM

One area where Komodo is different than many other platforms are the asset chains. I’m going to steal a conversation from a team member in Slack explaining how Komodo is different (superior) from some other platforms. It was explained that a Whitepaper/Lightpaper is in the works.

“ERC20 tokens are not actual coins. They are smart contracts, and they are locked to the Ethereum platform.
Komodo asset chains are unique, individual coins, fully capable of leaving anytime the developer desires.
This tech takes longer to build, but provides more freedom in the long run for developers.
To secure these individual coins, we basically insert "backups" into the Bitcoin (or any other) blockchain, which the Komodo parent chain can then use to rebuild the entire network, in the event of an attack.
This gives any project in the Komodo ecosystem Bitcoin-level security,  but a fraction of the cost.
We're in the process of releasing our first non-KMD-built asset chain now, Monaize. You can already buy some MNZ tokens on our decentralized exchange, The BarterDEX, and more should be coming at the official launch date.
Komodo assetchains are independent chains their consensus does not depend on the parent chain. Like in eth ardor and waves
In the ardor model, a bundled must be willing to exchange his ardor for your childchain token.  In order for the childchain to write its data in the blockchain.
Assetchain doesn't need to use DPoW.   It is regular proof of work consensus. (Except with on demand blocks)
Childchain *needs* to pay the bundler to confirm child chain tx
In eth model, ether is used to keep contract running.  In neo model.  A separate coin "gas" was created to handle that.
In waves it is paid in its own token to the stakers
5 different models right there for blockchain ecosystem. The differences are crucial and I believe Komodo is the best path.  Develop on your own chain, don't worry about arbitrary decisions by parent chain developers”

So, if KMD is superior to Ethereum, and Ethereum is worth $700, how much should Komodo be worth if it can prove itself with dICOs, BarterDEX, etc. working as advertised next year?

Anything is possible.

Wow, it's a very interesting post about KMD platform and I really like the last sentence saying "So, if KMD is superior to Ethereum, and Ethereum is worth $700, how much should Komodo be worth if it can prove itself with dICOs, BarterDEX, etc. working as advertised next year?"
Yes , I can guess this coin is worth 100$ next year  and maybe it's much higher than 100$ as well.
Jerry5

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:55:07 PM

I've tried BarterDEX build from github on ubuntu 16.04 - look like it works properly. Nevertheless Agama build from branch pkg_automation_electrum is not working. It starts splash screen and when I'm selecting KMD lite (probably similar for other buttons) it just showing white screen - looks like htlm was not loaded??  Huh  Any idea?

Running through 'npm start'. Same for release version from website.

Thanks
Maceneter

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:49:58 PM

@QtumOfficial @QtumNews $qtum supports atomic swaps and will be integrated in next release of BarterDex $qtum $kmd $dex $atomicswaps
jspook16

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:58:26 PM

I try to update Agama on Debian, but the run file won't do anything when I try to execute it. It has the right permissions.
Could anyone please help me? Thanks.

I'm going to make an assumption. When you say run the file I guess you mean the installer file.

I had to install the dependencies..
sudo apt-get install build-essential pkg-config libcurl3-gnutls-dev libc6-dev libevent-dev m4 g++-multilib autoconf libtool ncurses-dev unzip git python zlib1g-dev wget bsdmainutils automake libboost-all-dev libssl-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libqt4-dev libqrencode-dev libdb++-dev ntp ntpdate

then I ran the installer file as root. (I had to run it twice...it got hung up the first time)

Let me know if that helps. What linux version are you running?
jspook16

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:07:46 PM

I've tried BarterDEX build from github on ubuntu 16.04 - look like it works properly. Nevertheless Agama build from branch pkg_automation_electrum is not working. It starts splash screen and when I'm selecting KMD lite (probably similar for other buttons) it just showing white screen - looks like htlm was not loaded??  Huh  Any idea?

Thanks

Are you getting any output when you run it from a terminal?
Jerry5

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:57:42 PM

Thanks

It looks like normal log:

Code:
 npm start

> agama-app@0.2.24 start /home/ubu/code/agama
> electron .

agama dir: /home/ubu/.agama
--------------------------
komodo dir: /home/ubu/code/agama/assets/bin/linux64/komodod
komodo bin: /home/ubu/.komodo
agama folder already exists
agama/shepherd folder already exists
shepherd/pin folder already exists
zcashparams folder already exists
app config set from local file
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
app info: Agama version=0.2.0.25e
sys info:
arch: x64
platform: linux
os_release: 4.10.0-42-generic
os_type: Linux
app started in dev mode
zcashparams exist
komodo conf exists
chips conf exists
guiapp and sockets.io are listening on port 17777
default KMD electrum server electrum1.cipig.net:10001
random KMD electrum server electrum1.cipig.net:10001

I've removed some unnecessary data Smiley.

Thanks for helping.
jspook16

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:18:12 PM

Thanks

It looks like normal log:

Code:
 npm start

> agama-app@0.2.24 start /home/ubu/code/agama
> electron .

agama dir: /home/ubu/.agama
--------------------------
komodo dir: /home/ubu/code/agama/assets/bin/linux64/komodod
komodo bin: /home/ubu/.komodo
agama folder already exists
agama/shepherd folder already exists
shepherd/pin folder already exists
zcashparams folder already exists
app config set from local file
app info: Agama version=0.2.0.25e
sys info:
arch: x64
platform: linux
os_release: 4.10.0-42-generic
os_type: Linux
app started in dev mode
zcashparams exist
komodo conf exists
chips conf exists
guiapp and sockets.io are listening on port 17777
default KMD electrum server electrum1.cipig.net:10001
random KMD electrum server electrum1.cipig.net:10001

I've removed some unnecessary data Smiley.

Thanks for helping.

I didnt notice anything that stood out. I would verify komodod is running and if so I would look at the debug.log file in your .komodo directory. That might give you some insight as to what is happening.
extravirgin

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:19:14 PM

Just read about the barterdex atomic swap on reddit. Am kinda surprised this coin is priced so low. I thought the price will be much higher.
okie dokie

Activity: 63

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:55:23 PM

Just read about the barterdex atomic swap on reddit. Am kinda surprised this coin is priced so low. I thought the price will be much higher.

Yeah it's a real head scratcher. So many projects with a much higher valuation that just have a bunch of fancy words in their description. Take for example
Cardano  $9,628,225,061 USD marketcap

Here is the description from the website. Makes me shake my head. This is the same bs that is on fine wine, fine chocolate, a fine martini

Cardano is a blockchain platform with more advanced features than any protocol yet developed, and the first to evolve out of a scientific philosophy. Our large team of expert engineers and researchers drawn from around the world started by deconstructing the concept of a cryptocurrency. Then, incorporating our groundbreaking Proof of Stake algorithm, Ouroboros, the IOHK team employed a first principles approach driven by peer reviewed academic research to build Cardano from the ground up.

This uniquely collaborative effort steadily constructed the most precisely engineered cryptocurrency yet, a product that brings together such disciplines as distributed systems, mechanism design and cryptography.

With a few words replaced

Cardano is a WINE with more advanced FLAVORS than any WINE yet developed, and the first to evolve out of a scientific philosophy. Our large team of expert engineers and researchers drawn from around the world started by deconstructing the concept of a WINE. Then, incorporating our groundbreaking Proof of Stake FLAVOR, Ouroboros, the IOHK team employed a first principles approach driven by peer reviewed academic research to build Cardano from the ground up.

This uniquely collaborative effort steadily constructed the most precisely engineered WINE yet, a product that brings together such disciplines as distributed systems, mechanism design and FLAVOR.
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:09:28 PM

Yeah it's a real head scratcher. So many projects with a much higher valuation that just have a bunch of fancy words in their description. Take for example
Cardano  $9,628,225,061 USD marketcap

Here is the description from the website. Makes me shake my head. This is the same bs that is on fine wine, fine chocolate, a fine martini

Cardano is a blockchain platform with more advanced features than any protocol yet developed, and the first to evolve out of a scientific philosophy. Our large team of expert engineers and researchers drawn from around the world started by deconstructing the concept of a cryptocurrency. Then, incorporating our groundbreaking Proof of Stake algorithm, Ouroboros, the IOHK team employed a first principles approach driven by peer reviewed academic research to build Cardano from the ground up.

This uniquely collaborative effort steadily constructed the most precisely engineered cryptocurrency yet, a product that brings together such disciplines as distributed systems, mechanism design and cryptography.

With a few words replaced

Cardano is a WINE with more advanced FLAVORS than any WINE yet developed, and the first to evolve out of a scientific philosophy. Our large team of expert engineers and researchers drawn from around the world started by deconstructing the concept of a WINE. Then, incorporating our groundbreaking Proof of Stake FLAVOR, Ouroboros, the IOHK team employed a first principles approach driven by peer reviewed academic research to build Cardano from the ground up.

This uniquely collaborative effort steadily constructed the most precisely engineered WINE yet, a product that brings together such disciplines as distributed systems, mechanism design and FLAVOR.

LOL - well said. No doubt the current value is a bit low because of some missed dates and a few marketing mistakes, but the current price is silly low looking at the quality and use case of this project. I sense a change in the air and think things are looking up!
michatriptych

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:15:28 PM

I try to update Agama on Debian, but the run file won't do anything when I try to execute it. It has the right permissions.

I'm going to make an assumption. When you say run the file I guess you mean the installer file.

sudo apt-get install build-essential pkg-config libcurl3-gnutls-dev libc6-dev libevent-dev m4 g++-multilib autoconf libtool ncurses-dev unzip git python zlib1g-dev wget bsdmainutils automake libboost-all-dev libssl-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libqt4-dev libqrencode-dev libdb++-dev ntp ntpdate

then I ran the installer file as root. (I had to run it twice...it got hung up the first time)

Yes, I meant the installer file. The file ends with '.run', so I called it a 'run file' (I should have used quotation marks). I installed the dependencies and I was able to run the installer file. I also had to run it twice. Thanks! I am running Debian Stretch, 4.9.0-4-amd64. The first time I ran the program it didn't recognize the already downloaded zkSNARK parameters. After restarting the program it did.
jspook16

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:01:29 PM

Yes, I meant the installer file. The file ends with '.run', so I called it a 'run file' (I should have used quotation marks). I installed the dependencies and I was able to run the installer file. I also had to run it twice. Thanks! I am running Debian Stretch, 4.9.0-4-amd64. The first time I ran the program it didn't recognize the already downloaded zkSNARK parameters. After restarting the program it did.

Glad it worked for you
yorklab

Activity: 223
Merit: 105

Utrum OOT

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:54:53 AM

Our marketing efforts is getting us close to 40,000 followers from what I hear and KMD is many times in the top most mentioned cryptos

So for everyone that has been criticizing KMD marketing, maybe it is time to give some credit where credit is due?

Agree. I think your post on Reddit started it all. I was one who was a bit critical early on, but later retracted when I realized Komodo just wasn't ready yet. Looks like Komodo is closer to being ready. Great post on Reddit by the way.

★   utrum   ★   Your Crypto Playbook   ★   Got an opinion? Get paid for it!   ★
●  ●  WHITE PAPER   |   EXCHANGES   |   ANN THREAD  ●  ●
TWITTER   ▬   FACEBOOK   ▬   LINKEDIN   ▬   GITHUB   ▬   YOUTUBE
bengsabeng

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:52:28 AM

I would like to reserve the Klingo translation  Grin

Klingo what???  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Never heard of such a language before  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

lemme Duckduckgo it...
this looks very silly I have never seen this before. You said you want to order a klingo translation? this sounds very weird enough to make me laugh. can you tell me where the klingo language came from?

▀■ ■ ▀▄      ▀ ▀ ▄ ▄██      ► C P L A Y - IDO       ██▄ ▄ ▀ ▀▀      ▄▀ ■ ■▀
ONE ECOSYSTEM FOR ALL YOUR CRYPTO NEEDS
|        App Store        |           Wallet           |        Adstation        |        2FA Shield        |
jspook16

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:22:52 AM

I am running Agama v0.2.0.23a-beta in native mode (I understand not to use the claim interest button if I have run barterdex. I have not claimed interest since I got barterdex running but I have made deposits to barterdex). I currently have 6 Receive addresses and was in the middle of dumping the private keys for them before I upgrade wallets. However, one of the addresses comes back with an error.

[dumpprivkey RNdqHx26GWy9bk8MtmH1UiXjQcXE4RKK2P]

[CLI response:
error code: -4
error message:
Private key for address RNdqHx26GWy9bk8MtmH1UiXjQcXE4RKK2P is not known]

The address shows it having an amount of 462.00796843999996 KMD in my wallet but on the public kmd explorer it shows 21307.76528716 KMD (at the time of this message). Did my KMD end up somewhere else?

FYI I was able to retrieve the other 5 private keys.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.
Pages: « 1 ... 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 [687] 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: