Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:10:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 [701] 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191718 times)
~ErMaK~

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:17:41 AM

Hi there,

could some one help me out? I wonder, why does it say approx 50 KMD for  1 BTCD, what does this approx depend on?

Also, how does the swap actually works? on the website there is a manual how to do it via the wallet, but also there is a website which is currently down but will be working later. Are those 2 separate methods? I am just wondering as I have my BTCD on Bittrex and i am constantly reading that the network is slow - dont wanna miss the swap due to loooong waiting time for confimations  Huh

Thanks for your help!
Cheers and a Happy Cryptic New Year!
yorklab

Activity: 223
Merit: 105

Utrum OOT

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:43:21 PM

Everyone should read the latest AMA on reddit. Looks like the marketing team is really ramping up for next year! Also, the dICO is ready, they are just tying up some loose ends.

https://www.reddit.com/r/komodoplatform/comments/7kwgif/komodos_third_monthly_ama_of_december/

★   utrum   ★   Your Crypto Playbook   ★   Got an opinion? Get paid for it!   ★
●  ●  WHITE PAPER   |   EXCHANGES   |   ANN THREAD  ●  ●
TWITTER   ▬   FACEBOOK   ▬   LINKEDIN   ▬   GITHUB   ▬   YOUTUBE
yorklab

Activity: 223
Merit: 105

Utrum OOT

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:58:31 PM

KMD now on hitbtc!

https://hitbtc.com/KMD-to-BTC
https://hitbtc.com/KMD-to-USD

★   utrum   ★   Your Crypto Playbook   ★   Got an opinion? Get paid for it!   ★
●  ●  WHITE PAPER   |   EXCHANGES   |   ANN THREAD  ●  ●
TWITTER   ▬   FACEBOOK   ▬   LINKEDIN   ▬   GITHUB   ▬   YOUTUBE
Nadika

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:18:54 PM

I invested when KMD was $2.61 now $9.31 no complains

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:13:49 PM

Im a pickle Morty

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:53:38 PM

This makes me so happy. Excellent roadmap post. Happy New Year you guys!

KomodoPlatformNoobTrader • 5h
A little background context to provide an answer regarding marketing-related questions.

The Komodo blockchain itself is barely more than a year old. It began as a project spearheaded largely by developers, with no experienced marketing team.

Around September of this year, after the announcement of our dICO capabilities, several new members joined our team in marketing-related capacities. Over the last few months, these new members have learned many of the intricacies of the Komodo ecosystem. While in the learning process, they have simultaneously produced various milestones in Komodo’s marketing journey.

Notable marketing milestones over the last few months include:
Raising our social media presence and outreach

Increasing our Reddit subscribers from ~350 to ~3500
Increasing our Twitter followers from ~1000 to ~10000
Increasing our Slack channel members to ~3500
Increasing our newsletter subscribers from ~500 to ~5000
The establishment of a temporary, “placeholder” website while we consider long-term brand decisions

Launching an exchange outreach program.

Assisting in the successful listing of KMD on Binance, HitBTC, and UpBit.
Launching a YouTuber influencer outreach program, and establishing relationships with key influencers which we will work with in the coordination of future Komodo product launches.

Providing a temporary update to the r/KomodoPlatform subreddit’s visual appearance, as revealed this week

Creating a BarterDEX whitepaper for non-developer audiences (~25 pages)

Creating a Jumblr whitepaper for non-developer audiences (~20 pages)

Several Reddit AMAs

Providing +40 developed, official responses to community questions
Many blog posts, newsletters, meetings, graphics, and other messaging contributions

Attending four blockchain conferences to network with future ecosystem partners

Several extensive UX research initiatives and audits, both internal and external

Translating much of our existing material and documentation into multiple languages

Hiring several additional marketing team members who are completing behind-the-scenes marketing work that has yet to be publicly revealed

Most importantly: creating a long-term internal plan for Komodo marketing

Over the last few weeks, the marketing team has finally reached a stage where more pointed and coordinated endeavors are possible.

Going forward, we are considering strong changes to the Komodo brand image, which we will not yet publicly discuss.

On the other hand, we have several upcoming marketing-related milestones that can be publicly discussed.

Upcoming marketing milestones include:
The Monaize dICO

Our technology is essentially prepared and all is working smoothly. We are just tying up loose ends.
Come to the Slack channel if you would like to participate as an early adopter
Simplified explanations (infographics, potential animations, etc.) regarding atomic swaps, platform comparisons, and more

Several more foundational whitepapers and lightpapers, providing the necessary documentation for team members and volunteer community members to be empowered with an accurate description of the Komodo vision.

The Komodo Foundations Lightpaper (dPoW and the dICO Model explanation for non-developers) is nearly finished.
Interested readers can ask for the link to its current work-in-progress status in the Slack channel.
A Fiat-pegged Cryptocurrencies Lightpaper is on the immediate roadmap
A “Catch-all” Lightpaper is also on the immediate roadmap, which will cover many remaining topics.

A brief discussion of our smart-contract technology strategy
A brief description of all asset chains in the Komodo ecosystem
Any necessary remaining information, regarding notary nodes, etc.
All of the above whitepapers and lightpapers will be combined together into one master “Komodo Whitepaper” document, including a introductory short summary of the entire Komodo vision.

Note: Creating these whitepapers, and the accompanying master whitepaper, is not about producing “the most popular” format for discovering Komodo. The marketing team does not expect the average cryptocurrency user to read the full documentation.
Rather, this endeavor is about producing “a” format for capturing the Komodo vision. From this first accurate information, further simplified explanations are easier to make (infographics, animations, comparisons, etc.), as accurate and useful information can then be shared (both internally and externally) for a higher level of viral distribution.
We estimate that the page length for the master Komodo Whitepaper may be anywhere from 50 to 120 pages (current total of all pages is roughly ~85).
The thorough nature of the Komodo vision, while a challenge to map initially, is a long-term blessing for the marketing team. Now that the marketing team is able to accurately communicate it, Komodo’s marketing future is strong.

The marketing team is also in the process of establishing customer journey’s, personas, storyboards, more UX research initiatives, and more.

With the BarterDEX GUI apps live and running, the Monaize dICO just around the corner, and a knowledgeable marketing team, Komodo’s marketing future has never been brighter. A detailed announcement on the marketing plan for 2018 will be released in the coming weeks, stay tuned.

siddhartha-komodo • 4h
Here is the link to the work-in-progress version of the Komodo Foundations Lightpaper, for all who are curious.

Feedback is always welcome.
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:00:09 PM

I just installed the Komodo wallet on my Ledger Nano S.  When I open it and go to the "receive" tab it crashes everytime.  Anyone know whats up with this?  I wanted to switch one of my rigs over to mining this and needed an address.
ptytrader

Activity: 466
Merit: 253

Imagine a world without banks.......

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 03:45:16 AM

I just installed the Komodo wallet on my Ledger Nano S.  When I open it and go to the "receive" tab it crashes everytime.  Anyone know whats up with this?  I wanted to switch one of my rigs over to mining this and needed an address.
Please write the ledger guys a support ticket. They are quick and should figure out if it's an issue on their end. I just checked and my ledger works fine. If you need an address you can also use our latest Agama wallet on lite mode.

|

▄
              █
             ▐█
            ▄██
 █▌          ▐█
 ██       █████
 ▐██▌      ████
  █████    ████
▐██████▌   ████
  ██████▌ █████
  █████████████
   ████████████
  ▐████████████
   ▐███████████
   ▐███████████
    ███████████
      █████████
       ████████
         ██████
           ▀███
             ▀▀

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀

in

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

BTC

█▌
█▌          ▐█
█████       ██
████      ▐██▌
████    █████
████   ▐██████▌
█████ ▐██████
█████████████
████████████
████████████▌
███████████▌
███████████▌
███████████
█████████
████████
██████
███▀
▀▀
rusbalt

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:26:43 PM

Hello! Maybe someone has a video instruction how to install a purse and make exchanges?
cyberdeath

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:57:14 PM

Why https://ico.komodoplatform.com/does not work?
mrziuu

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:14:20 PM

Already added Komodo in my portfolio...looking forward for new updates... Wink
jspook16

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:43:00 PM

Is BarterDex offline? It is no longer working for me (v0.7.4-beta on linux). I also noticed the releases were not available at https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/BarterDEX/. Did I miss something?
SafeCoins

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 10:25:21 PM

Hi there,

I'm putting together an evaluation matrix of all notable Anonymous/Private cryptocurrencies, and could use your help clarifyiing Komodo.    Feedback including reference to something official (website, whitepaper etc) or Dev comments (or devs themselves) would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2669844.0

BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:37:12 PM

I am not sure but there was an overview where you could see how much dividend a given asset has in the Supernet ecosystem. Especally, I would like to know which assets a Supernet asset contains in particular. As far as I've heard Supernet holds significant stakes of IOTA and Lisk, is that right?
bitkokos2

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:07:15 AM

jl777b what is the plan B for exchanging BTCD into KMD?
My BTCD are still stuck in staking

Thanks
bitkokos2

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:26:06 AM

It's hard to watch other coins pump while kmd stays relatively neutral. Its day will come, and those who remained patient and continue to show support for this path blazing technology will be rewarded, handsomely.   Cool
True, the coin that sold for pseudo $1.89 in Nov and was between pseudo $8.90-$12.50 in Dec hasn't moved upwards a bit.  Roll Eyes

people prefer x20 pump and dump and not x3 - x5 stable growth :[

in my opinion stable growth is much better because

1) in the long run the stable growth is a lot bigger most of the times
2) its more reliable for big investments

so remember lucky llama
KMD is reliable for big investments and keeps growing slowly and steady...
and if you find it funny that KMD didnt grow that much compare to other coins, you may not understand some basic stuff

Some people also forget KMD was going for $0.10 in February. We've had about a 100x increase in price this year. I'd say that's already pretty significant.  If KMD did the same thing in 2018, it'll be close to $1000 per coin.  Probably not likely, but if people were to expect the same performance or better, that's about where the price would have to be at end of 2018. Personally, I wouldn't mind a "humble" 5-10x increase in 2018, which is more likely.

Your calculation is wrong. The increase of KMD is calculated in relation to BTC and not to USD. In February BTC was $1000 so that is what made the huge progress. Actually kmd is x7 up and not x100 up since February.
RichardT

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:39:50 AM

It's hard to watch other coins pump while kmd stays relatively neutral. Its day will come, and those who remained patient and continue to show support for this path blazing technology will be rewarded, handsomely.   Cool
True, the coin that sold for pseudo $1.89 in Nov and was between pseudo $8.90-$12.50 in Dec hasn't moved upwards a bit.  Roll Eyes

so remember lucky llama
and if you find it funny that KMD didnt grow that much compare to other coins, you may not understand some basic stuff

Some people also forget KMD was going for $0.10 in February. We've had about a 100x increase in price this year. I'd say that's already pretty significant.  If KMD did the same thing in 2018, it'll be close to $1000 per coin.  Probably not likely, but if people were to expect the same performance or better, that's about where the price would have to be at end of 2018. Personally, I wouldn't mind a "humble" 5-10x increase in 2018, which is more likely.

Your calculation is wrong. The increase of KMD is calculated in relation to BTC and not to USD. In February BTC was $1000 so that is what made the huge progress. Actually kmd is x7 up and not x100 up since February.

Sure, if you'd rather think in terms of BTC then it's about a 5-7x increase. Not sure what your point is. A lot of people also like to think in terms of USD. So I'm not sure if you can really say that one way is right or wrong.

Like you pointed out, BTC also went up about 14x since February.   To be able to go up 7x against BTC while BTC is going up 14x is pretty impressive.  My point is that KMD price has been up to par with pretty much anything else out there, and some people don't give it enough credit.
bitkokos2

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:49:46 AM

so remember lucky llama

Sure, if you'd rather think in terms of BTC then it's about a 5-7x increase. Not sure what your point is. A lot of people also like to think in terms of USD. So I'm not sure if you can really say that one way is right or wrong.

Like you pointed out, BTC also went up about 14x since February.   To be able to go up 7x against BTC while BTC is going up 14x is pretty impressive.  My point is that KMD price has been up to par with pretty much anything else out there, and some people don't give it enough credit.

I agree with that, but, some other cryptos are being advertised a lot. KMD is mostly kept between us. I think dev team should contact many crypto websites and advertise there with banners etc. I remember I told people on a website to check about KMD, some of them said thanks for letting them know. Next day the price went up by x3. I am not sure if it was them who raised the price.
ptytrader

Activity: 466
Merit: 253

Imagine a world without banks.......

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 02:59:24 AM

so remember lucky llama

I agree with that, but, some other cryptos are being advertised a lot. KMD is mostly kept between us. I think dev team should contact many crypto websites and advertise there with banners etc. I remember I told people on a website to check about KMD, some of them said thanks for letting them know. Next day the price went up by x3. I am not sure if it was them who raised the price.
We are focusing on bringing real technology to the cryptosphere. Our marketing team has grown and is more polished than ever. We start this year our being the leaders in atomic swap technology and once the dICO is finalized the project will have completed another important milestone. I see projects in the top 30 that have very little tech compared to us. That shows me that the current marketcaps are not a reflection of the true value of the project. Let's not worry about short lived credit and worry about spearheading innovation for the years ahead.

|

▄
              █
             ▐█
            ▄██
 █▌          ▐█
 ██       █████
 ▐██▌      ████
  █████    ████
▐██████▌   ████
  ██████▌ █████
  █████████████
   ████████████
  ▐████████████
   ▐███████████
   ▐███████████
    ███████████
      █████████
       ████████
         ██████
           ▀███
             ▀▀

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀

in

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

BTC

█▌
█▌          ▐█
█████       ██
████      ▐██▌
████    █████
████   ▐██████▌
█████ ▐██████
█████████████
████████████
████████████▌
███████████▌
███████████▌
███████████
█████████
████████
██████
███▀
▀▀
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:09:33 AM

Tentatively we are scheduling notary elections in March. However this requires a few things to be done before then, so it is possible it can slip a bit.

The top performing notaries (as evidenced by the number of their notarizations) will be automatically selected for the next set of notaries, unless they decide they dont want to anymore.

That means 32 spots are up for election.

Each notary is mining approx 1500 KMD per month and an estimated $500 out of pocket costs for the notary node. For the upcoming year, it will also be a requirement for a notary operator to be able to scale up the number of physical nodes they run in order to properly notarize all the new assetchains we will be adding. I estimate every 50 to 100 new assetchains will require a new server.

Since we are at about 20 actively notarized assetchains for now, probably wont need the second server for a while.

Pages: « 1 ... 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 [701] 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: