Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:30:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 [705] 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191718 times)
bitkokos2

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:49:18 PM

Ho to swap BTCD to KMD? Because https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ don't work!

It is supposed to open in a few days. Just wait a bit.

I don't think they will fix it before the deadline.

Why do you think they won't?

I like how you dishonestly use the word "swap" to imply a 1-to-1 trade of BTCD for Komodo, when in fact what actually happening is massive dilution of BTCD bagholders' equity.

First, a swap doesn't necessarily mean 1-to-1.
Second, even if it did, that would mean they dishonestly make you think you'll get 1 KMD for 1 BTCD instead of ~50 KMD for 1 BTCD, indeed they are fooling you big time (sarcasm in case you don't get it).
Third, do you even know what dilution means? If anything could happen here it would be the complete opposite. If we assume that something like 2% isn't swapped in time, that would mean that 98% of the BTCD supply will be locked/burned/whatevs making BTCD as scarce as it gets. Assuming it is still exchangeable for whatever reason, this could create room for crazy high prices. (I'm not encouraging anyone to speculate on this.)

Keep in mind that our BTCD are stuck in staking and the blockchain is not moving. Just 2-4 blocks every 2 days. Mine are stuck for 20 days and there are just 35/110 confirmations. I won't be able to swap. Don't ask me why I opened the wallet for staking. My intention was to send them to bittrex and while the wallet was locked, i entered the password for sending and it gave me stake. More than 200 btcd are stuck, probably for ever. The only thing I can say is if it is possible to send the wallet.dat to the kmd team so they send me the kmd or get a 6 months extention for the swap. Otherwise I am screwed. I do not think I am the only one.
yorklab

Activity: 223
Merit: 105

Utrum OOT

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:39:49 PM

Agama can support any Bitcoin compatible. That means dash, litecoin, zcash, and so forth. To see other tokens, you can launch Agama, click settings, and toggle experimental features. Close the wallet fully, relaunch and you will see the other coins on lite mode. You don't even have to download the full blockchain anymore since we have lite wallets for all of them.

XMR could be supported in the future. We are open to collaboration with non-bitcoin compatibles to add their tokens.

BarterDEX is a complex beast and our priority is to have a stable wallet for Komodo users. Integration with BDEX will come at a later date.

I know BarterDEX is focused on atomic swaps which I absolutely love, but has any thought been given to adding some proxy tokens for other non-bitcoin compatible coins, even as a temporary measure?

The community has many trusted individuals, and while not as risk free as atomic swaps, having the ability to trade ETH, XMR,  ERC20 tokens etc via some gateway proxy tokens would still be better than traditional exchanges, and it would make BarterDEX the industry go-to exchange in a matter of months.

If a trusted person issued some major non-bitcoin compatible proxy tokens as an asset chain I think they would be popular. Just an idea, maybe keeping BarterDEX proxy token free and atomic swap only is a good selling point, but lack of other tokens is a worry for me.

What an interesting idea. I wonder if a a sharp developer out there could create their own asset chain and do something like this.

★   utrum   ★   Your Crypto Playbook   ★   Got an opinion? Get paid for it!   ★
●  ●  WHITE PAPER   |   EXCHANGES   |   ANN THREAD  ●  ●
TWITTER   ▬   FACEBOOK   ▬   LINKEDIN   ▬   GITHUB   ▬   YOUTUBE
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:57:23 PM

Agama can support any Bitcoin compatible. That means dash, litecoin, zcash, and so forth. To see other tokens, you can launch Agama, click settings, and toggle experimental features. Close the wallet fully, relaunch and you will see the other coins on lite mode. You don't even have to download the full blockchain anymore since we have lite wallets for all of them.

XMR could be supported in the future. We are open to collaboration with non-bitcoin compatibles to add their tokens.

BarterDEX is a complex beast and our priority is to have a stable wallet for Komodo users. Integration with BDEX will come at a later date.

I know BarterDEX is focused on atomic swaps which I absolutely love, but has any thought been given to adding some proxy tokens for other non-bitcoin compatible coins, even as a temporary measure?

The community has many trusted individuals, and while not as risk free as atomic swaps, having the ability to trade ETH, XMR,  ERC20 tokens etc via some gateway proxy tokens would still be better than traditional exchanges, and it would make BarterDEX the industry go-to exchange in a matter of months.

If a trusted person issued some major non-bitcoin compatible proxy tokens as an asset chain I think they would be popular. Just an idea, maybe keeping BarterDEX proxy token free and atomic swap only is a good selling point, but lack of other tokens is a worry for me.
indeed that would be a stopgap solution that would allow support for a proxy token for proxy tokens...

I cannot rule out an ETH/ERC20 solution for barterDEX, but it will need to wait until v2 if it is even possible to do in a reliable fashion

My attitude is if I trust Komodo/SuperNET to buy KMD and SN assets, then I would trust proxy ETH/XMR/ERC20 tokens issued by Komodo/SuperNET to the same degree, which is infinitely higher than either bittrex and poloniex, especially after they've gotten so hairy chested demanding KYC selfies with piddley withdrawal limits etc

I can't trade ETH/XMR anymore now that bittrex/poloniex have become unusable.
DinglikeRiri

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:15:32 AM

I like how you dishonestly use the word "swap" to imply a 1-to-1 trade of BTCD for Komodo, when in fact what actually happening is massive dilution of BTCD bagholders' equity.

Second, even if it did, that would mean they dishonestly make you think you'll get 1 KMD for 1 BTCD instead of ~50 KMD for 1 BTCD, indeed they are fooling you big time (sarcasm in case you don't get it).
Third, do you even know what dilution means? If anything could happen here it would be the complete opposite. If we assume that something like 2% isn't swapped in time, that would mean that 98% of the BTCD supply will be locked/burned/whatevs making BTCD as scarce as it gets. Assuming it is still exchangeable for whatever reason, this could create room for crazy high prices. (I'm not encouraging anyone to speculate on this.)

Keep in mind that our BTCD are stuck in staking and the blockchain is not moving. Just 2-4 blocks every 2 days. Mine are stuck for 20 days and there are just 35/110 confirmations. I won't be able to swap. Don't ask me why I opened the wallet for staking. My intention was to send them to bittrex and while the wallet was locked, i entered the password for sending and it gave me stake. More than 200 btcd are stuck, probably for ever. The only thing I can say is if it is possible to send the wallet.dat to the kmd team so they send me the kmd or get a 6 months extention for the swap. Otherwise I am screwed. I do not think I am the only one.
A lot of people sold their kmd to buy btcd and do the swap. Idk if you are one of them but damn that is a shitty move to make. Imo I hope everyone who did this the last month gets rekt.
jspook16

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:40:58 AM

A lot of people sold their kmd to buy btcd and do the swap. Idk if you are one of them but damn that is a shitty move to make. Imo I hope everyone who did this the last month gets rekt.

Chances are they will at this rate. But the swap event has been on going for almost a year I think. Perhaps folks were holding until the end to let the value go up....but now they may be stuck.
gulachov

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:06:00 AM

Please stop speculating with this nonsense.

Every current holder of BTCD coins must have no doubts Komodo-team will do everything right.
Just hold your coins in your wallets and let them decide what to do. Not on the exchange.
There are numerous ways to swap, including privkeydumps, wallets.dat sending, making new wallets, whatever they decide to do, I am pretty sure everyone will get their KMD.
(except of those missing deadline of cause)

sorry, I just had to say that last one.
Toxteth OGrady

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:51:52 AM

My attitude is if I trust Komodo/SuperNET to buy KMD and SN assets, then I would trust proxy ETH/XMR/ERC20 tokens issued by Komodo/SuperNET to the same degree, which is infinitely higher than either bittrex and poloniex, especially after they've gotten so hairy chested demanding KYC selfies with piddley withdrawal limits etc

+1
No way am I uploading my KYC details to any exchange for crypto::crypto trading, not going to risk a rogue employee selling my details to gangsters who come and find me, rape my wife in front of me, then threaten to kill both of us if I don't pass over my keys. If you hand over your IRL details then you're a target for Pavel Lerner treatment if you've done well out of this bull run.

I KYC'd to one exchange only for fiat exit point, and only using an old address. I don't mind paying my taxes, but I'm not stupid enough to risk getting robbed by balaclava clad thugs with a contacts at bittrex and poloniex.

I'll only trade anonymously, so it's chinese exchanges from here on, so proxy tokens on barterDEX is a great idea!
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:52:43 AM

Komodo dipped, good buying opportunity. Looking forward to dICOs, it will be a game changer with ICO regulations limiting some people.
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:00:01 AM

+1
No way am I uploading my KYC details to any exchange for crypto::crypto trading, not going to risk a rogue employee selling my details to gangsters who come and find me, rape my wife in front of me, then threaten to kill both of us if I don't pass over my keys. If you hand over your IRL details then you're a target for Pavel Lerner treatment if you've done well out of this bull run.

I KYC'd to one exchange only for fiat exit point, and only using an old address. I don't mind paying my taxes, but I'm not stupid enough to risk getting robbed by balaclava clad thugs with a contacts at bittrex and poloniex.

I'll only trade anonymously, so it's chinese exchanges from here on, so proxy tokens on barterDEX is a great idea!

Couldn't agree more! I stay anonymous to avoid crimes against me, not to commit them!
bitkokos2

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:23:25 AM

No, I am not one of those. I just saw there were too many people having problems with KMD wallets and I wanted to wait till last 2 months when I started facing slow blockchain problems. All the KMD I bought are still in Bittrex for months because I do not wish to experiment with wallets. I know keeping them in the exchange is not a good option but a wallet with problems is much worse.
Scrotum

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:54:56 AM

afaik anyone is free to create an asset chain on BaterDEX, so if it's possible to create proxy tokens for ETH and erc20 coins we should expect them eventually.

jl777 has enough on his plate already, so an opportunity for others with sufficient credibility and trust.
heova.ga

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:54:39 AM

@bitkokos2
Why don't you use the paper wallet.
I am using paper wallet and it is perfect.
You only need to keep your private key safe. Whenever you want to spend your KMD, you only need to open Agama wallet in lite mode, then enter you private key, and you can send KMD instantly.
There is a toturial here: https://support.supernet.org/support/solutions/articles/29000014243-generate-offline-komodo-paper-wallet
mamatrader

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:41:03 PM

what do I do with my btcd which are on the exchange?
Franticcrypto

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:01:51 PM

Withdraw to wallet and exchange on the site.
mamatrader

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:29:31 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 01:45:35 PM by mamatrader

link on site please
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:34:37 PM

Time to increased my stake on KMD. This is a rare opportunity. Better stock UP, or FOMO. Waiting for monaize to be launched on komodo platform . It Will certainly put komodo on the elite pedestal OF p2p blockchain platform.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:09:58 PM

From https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg26851472#msg26851472:

Or you can just wait til it is unstuck and swaps are enabled again.

They seem to have plans to make things work before the last swap and I don't doubt the deadline will be extended if they can't manage to solve that issue in time.

A lot of people sold their kmd to buy btcd and do the swap.

Why would anyone do that? It doesn't make any sense, or am I missing something?

Coinr88

Activity: 283
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:11:02 PM

link on site please

Ico.komodoplatform.com

The site is offline but the team is working hard to get it back online

Coinr88

Activity: 283
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:21:50 PM

From https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg26851472#msg26851472:

Or you can just wait til it is unstuck and swaps are enabled again.

They seem to have plans to make things work before the last swap and I don't doubt the deadline will be extended if they can't manage to solve that issue in time.

To take advantage of the price difference

kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:46:41 PM

To take advantage of the price difference

What price difference are you referring to? The prices of btcd and kmd have generally always matched the conversion ratio, apart from some punctual btcd unexplained rises that probably noone with no insider info could have expected ... So, if one sells kmd and then buys btcd to swap it later for kmd they actually could get less kmd if they don't stake the btcd (because the ratio goes down with time to adjust with the staking).

Pages: « 1 ... 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 [705] 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: