Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:58:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 [722] 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191689 times)
WildBill51

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:41:34 AM

So many warnings in the claiming instructions...
How it is more risky to use the private key from Ledger Nano S in Agama, than using some other private key in Agama ??

"[Note: You can also use only with 1 Ledger Nano S for this purpose. But, you have to leave your funds exposed(!) for longer. Not recommended.]" ... Exposed to whom, where, how ??
I get the impression that there is some added danger there contrary to using only Agama without any hardwarewallet in the first place.

I'm reasoning that it must be a wrong impression because: Generating private key from the Nano S seed is done offline, logging in to Agama is done offline too (local signing) and resetting the Nano S is also done offline, so the seed/private key is not going anywhere from my PC. That means the only risk is stepping down from hardware-level security to software-level security only momentarily. If you don't have keyloggers, compromised wallet etc. it is not that big of a risk at all.
Is my reasoning reasonable ?
seems pretty reasonable.
Most people maybe are not as astute and have a blackbox "hardware wallet" which they trust is the most secure. By downshifting to where the seed is input into live systems it is less secure than leaving it in the hardware.

that being said by quickly transferring to a new hardware protected address, then it is indeed a short temporary degradation of security level.

another aspect is that by spending from that address, the pubkey will be published on the blockchain, so it loses its cold address security against Quantum Computers from the future

Why all of a sudden does the AgamaApp-0.2.0.25c-beta-windows-installer.exe that I had installed show 0 balance when it did show my 6 Komodo coins 3 weeks ago.
Also when I now try to re-install on my Window 7 computer this exe it says it can't find the file...which is what I'm double clicking on to install it.... It worked initially np.

So now after uninstalling the previous Agama AgamaApp-0.2.0.25c-beta-windows-installer.exe.
It showed the 6 coins a few weeks ago but now nothing.
The latest Agama wallet 2.0.26c says me previous wallet address key has incorrect WIF format.

The latest Agama wallet 2.0.26d won't even install because it says it can't find the file that I just clicked on....wth

Any help would be appreciated.
Thx!

1. Were you running the initial installation of Agama in Native or Lite mode?
2. I would look in the komodo blockchain explorer and check your address, if it shows your balance correctly then the coins are still there. If there is no balance then the coins might be on another address (which could be the case if you ran Agama in Native and made transactions)
3. If you ran Native, did you backup/save your wallet.dat file somewhere else?
Thanks for the reply.
No I initially ran Agama in the Lite mode and it showed 0.
Then I downloaded the latest and tried in the Native mode, still shows 0.
No I didn't backup my wallet.dat, I read that it doesn't keep your wallet.dat where the install is so I shouldn't of have to back it up...

But now when I go back to install any of the Agama wallets it says it can't find the .exe file that I'm clicking on.
Not sure then how to install the Agama if my download says it can't even find the file I'm clicking on...

I would first verify you have your KMD in your address. Go here and enter your address and see what your balance is. If you're KMD are there, and you have your original passphrase you are in business.

As for the installation, I would delete your old installation files, redownload the latest and run it from a console to see what other clues you can get.

I meant go here .. https://kmd.explorer.supernet.org/
Ok thanks I do see it in there...thank you!! :-)
So not sure if by trying to run in Native mode that I messed something up...I usually ran in Lite mode and it initially showed the 6 KMD using the 2.0.25c.exe.

Then when uninstalled and setup the 2.0.26c.exe I ran in Native mode, showing 0.  I then uninstalled that and tried to reinstall the 2.0.25c.exe that's when I noticed it doesn't see the .exe file I'm clicking on....oh well.

Maybe there's another way to get your KMD's back into a wallet...from this - https://kmd.explorer.supernet.org/  ?
Not sure if there is.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jspook16

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:58:07 AM

How it is more risky to use the private key from Ledger Nano S in Agama, than using some other private key in Agama ??

"[Note: You can also use only with 1 Ledger Nano S for this purpose. But, you have to leave your funds exposed(!) for longer. Not recommended.]" ... Exposed to whom, where, how ??
I get the impression that there is some added danger there contrary to using only Agama without any hardwarewallet in the first place.

I'm reasoning that it must be a wrong impression because: Generating private key from the Nano S seed is done offline, logging in to Agama is done offline too (local signing) and resetting the Nano S is also done offline, so the seed/private key is not going anywhere from my PC. That means the only risk is stepping down from hardware-level security to software-level security only momentarily. If you don't have keyloggers, compromised wallet etc. it is not that big of a risk at all.
seems pretty reasonable.
Most people maybe are not as astute and have a blackbox "hardware wallet" which they trust is the most secure. By downshifting to where the seed is input into live systems it is less secure than leaving it in the hardware.

that being said by quickly transferring to a new hardware protected address, then it is indeed a short temporary degradation of security level.

another aspect is that by spending from that address, the pubkey will be published on the blockchain, so it loses its cold address security against Quantum Computers from the future

Why all of a sudden does the AgamaApp-0.2.0.25c-beta-windows-installer.exe that I had installed show 0 balance when it did show my 6 Komodo coins 3 weeks ago.
Also when I now try to re-install on my Window 7 computer this exe it says it can't find the file...which is what I'm double clicking on to install it.... It worked initially np.

So now after uninstalling the previous Agama AgamaApp-0.2.0.25c-beta-windows-installer.exe.
The latest Agama wallet 2.0.26c says me previous wallet address key has incorrect WIF format.

The latest Agama wallet 2.0.26d won't even install because it says it can't find the file that I just clicked on....wth

Thx!

2. I would look in the komodo blockchain explorer and check your address, if it shows your balance correctly then the coins are still there. If there is no balance then the coins might be on another address (which could be the case if you ran Agama in Native and made transactions)
Thanks for the reply.
No I didn't backup my wallet.dat, I read that it doesn't keep your wallet.dat where the install is so I shouldn't of have to back it up...

But now when I go back to install any of the Agama wallets it says it can't find the .exe file that I'm clicking on.
Not sure then how to install the Agama if my download says it can't even find the file I'm clicking on...

I would first verify you have your KMD in your address. Go here and enter your address and see what your balance is. If you're KMD are there, and you have your original passphrase you are in business.

As for the installation, I would delete your old installation files, redownload the latest and run it from a console to see what other clues you can get.

So not sure if by trying to run in Native mode that I messed something up...I usually ran in Lite mode and it initially showed the 6 KMD using the 2.0.25c.exe.

Then when uninstalled and setup the 2.0.26c.exe I ran in Native mode, showing 0.  I then uninstalled that and tried to reinstall the 2.0.25c.exe that's when I noticed it doesn't see the .exe file I'm clicking on....oh well.

Maybe there's another way to get your KMD's back into a wallet...from this - https://kmd.explorer.supernet.org/  ?
Not sure if there is.

Keep in mind that in native mode you have to wait for the block chain to down which could take a while before you see your balance. I would keep trying to install Agama and only use it in lite mode if you get it running. In lite mode you should see your balance right away.
WildBill51

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:39:34 AM

seems pretty reasonable.

Thx!

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure if there is.

Keep in mind that in native mode you have to wait for the block chain to down which could take a while before you see your balance. I would keep trying to install Agama and only use it in lite mode if you get it running. In lite mode you should see your balance right away.
Ok will do.
I usually did run it in Lite mode and it did show my 6 KMD coins right away, but this last time it didn't.
Not sure why I can't even install the .exe since it says it can't find the file I just clicked on...
dairi

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:48:53 AM

Great project looking forward good job and and good luck devs
boba02

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:16:10 AM

Koinbi.com would like to welcome Komodo to its service!

Koinbi welcomes Komodo to its family of crypto currencies and has opened the order books for Komodo to be traded!
Our mission at Koinbi is to provide you, the user and trader with a clean, fast and secure platform to trade your crypto currencies.

URL: https://koinbi.com
Trade: https://koinbi.com/markets/kmdbtc
API: https://koinbi.com/api_v2

Thank you,
James and the team at Koinbi.com

Our free BTC promotion for new users ends soon so register quick or you may miss out!

2 Hours to go! - Free BTC will be added in two hours when the promotion ends, so make sure you have registered and made atleast one trade!

Promotion is now over and free BTC will be added to the eligible accounts over the next few hours, thank you to all the new traders who have joined us!

Do not deposit any money to Koinbi!

You won't be able to withdraw!

Koinbi is a SCAM!!!

Beware of scam:
- Koinbi.com exchange. Fake exchange rates, withdrawals don't work, no way to contact support.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:37:37 AM

Thank you for the warning with regards to koinbi. The way it trades Komodo @ 0.003 btc really makes me temp to deposit on that exchange. It was really too good to be true. You could have imagine how much the difference it had compared to more popular and legit exchanges.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:23:13 PM

Agama Mobile v0.0.7 Update!!

Melody Jelly

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:26:56 PM

could anyone help me. On the ico.komodoplatform.com it says here is KMD adress, dont use it for depositing BTCD. on the swap page there is only qr code. I dont understand where do i get the BTCD deposit address for a swap?
tomsmith26

Activity: 1148
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:35:49 PM

Wow. Thank you for your notice and it's interesting to see this new updates  . I will try this wallet version and show how good it is later.
I really like this KMD platform and always keep it for staking for long time and I feel that KMD is very worth investing more than many coins at this time and I am waiting for first ICO Monaize using this platform .
Fabriz

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:05:29 PM

For using BarterDex is necessary use Agama wallet?
Norainvn

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:02:03 PM

my agama wallet loading data too slow, what can i do

getinfo
CLI response:
error code: -28
error message:
Loading block index...
Saytan

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:45:33 PM

This bitcoin drop makes me sick, any news for kmd for January? BarterDex is rdy, why price is so low? ...
okie dokie

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:20:08 PM

This bitcoin drop makes me sick, any news for kmd for January? BarterDex is rdy, why price is so low? ...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-21/bitcoin-futures-traders-add-shorts-short-squeeze-imminent

Or the new south korea taxes.

Seems now adays that most of the cryptos are moving insync. Though komodo should be ranked at around #33 not #43. That would put komodo back at $9-10. Bottom line seems to be the unwillingness of the team to push marketing to hard so as not to induce a pump n dump. Probably a good strategy, however there is always the beta vs vhs argument. Komodo, being beta in this example, has superior tech, could always lose due to lack of adoption. Any time you have to "educate" the public about a product vs a product that is simple you have an uphill battle.

Personally, I think it would make alot of sense for the team to engage with their community to explore various marketing strategies, competitions, ideas, etc.

(Props to the marketing team though, I can tell you Are ramping up material. Maybe by the end of the year or sooner it will have hit a critical mass)

Outlook bullish still.
Zeehenk

Activity: 399
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:32:10 PM

Koinbi.com would like to welcome Komodo to its service!

Koinbi welcomes Komodo to its family of crypto currencies and has opened the order books for Komodo to be traded!
Our mission at Koinbi is to provide you, the user and trader with a clean, fast and secure platform to trade your crypto currencies.

URL: https://koinbi.com
Trade: https://koinbi.com/markets/kmdbtc
API: https://koinbi.com/api_v2

Thank you,
James and the team at Koinbi.com

Our free BTC promotion for new users ends soon so register quick or you may miss out!

Do not deposit any money to Koinbi!

You won't be able to withdraw!

Koinbi is a SCAM!!!

Just leaving this here again...

dollux

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:12:13 PM

@jl777B

This below excludes me from slack because I do not own or intend to own a mobile tracking device.

https://komodo-platform.slack.com/messages

"Two-factor authentication has been activated for your team."

"Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring an authentication code from your phone whenever you sign in. It's quick and easy to do."

Surely this is not the best of ideas?

I do not want to lose my ability to access slack but I do not own such tracking devices for good reason.

Plus I am sure I seen a message a little while back that this BTC thread was going to be closed so how will I keep up to date with stuff having no access to slack or BCT forum?

layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 09:55:30 PM

@jl777B

This below excludes me from slack because I do not own or intend to own a mobile tracking device.

"Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring an authentication code from your phone whenever you sign in. It's quick and easy to do."

I do not want to lose my ability to access slack but I do not own such tracking devices for good reason.

Plus I am sure I seen a message a little while back that this BTC thread was going to be closed so how will I keep up to date with stuff having no access to slack or BCT forum?

if you have no tracking device but want to use 2FA maybe you could try this: https://gauth.apps.gbraad.nl/
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:30:37 PM

if you have no tracking device but want to use 2FA maybe you could try this...
The "tracking device" is the "phone", not the app.

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
dollux

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:36:07 PM

@jl777B

if you have no tracking device but want to use 2FA maybe you could try this: https://gauth.apps.gbraad.nl/

Thanks
dollux

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:37:28 PM

if you have no tracking device but want to use 2FA maybe you could try this...
The "tracking device" is the "phone", not the app.

Yup the device is the tracker.
mamatrader

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:47:56 PM

you can find out the approximate time frame for the first dICO Monaize, 2.5 months have passed and less news.
Pages: « 1 ... 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 [722] 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: