Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:04:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 [762] 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191718 times)
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:45:10 PM

I'm not trolling. I'm giving you a chance to come clean for your orchestrated attack on our network encouraged and directed by jl777. It's up to you if you want to continue the charade.

We have an active lead dev and community that has been working non-stop the last 2 days trying to fix this mess you created all in an attempt to fill your pockets with safecoin.

1. Releasing the sources of (un)SAFE coin with public keys of Komodo's notaries in sources was a big mistake from a beginning and complete misunderstanding of sources.
2. Active lead dev who two days in a row tried to understand what is Notary Node and comment pubkeys in copy&pasted sources?
3. "Safecoin - zCash Privacy Secured by Bitcoin" - really? Without notaries and dPOW? Smiley

So if the bank leaves the vault open it's ok to go in and take what you want? Got it.
This is crypto, so yes if you are posting your privkey publicly and you have funds in it, guaranteed it will be taken.

This is a case that is of similar nature, but maybe it was meant as a way to reward the original notaries. All we can go by is what is in the code. I guess now you make it clear you feel the KMD notaries are somehow at fault for your dev copy and pasting their pubkeys.

If the crypto isnt secure, then what is the point for it? If you cant make a secure crypto, dont go crying that it isnt secure. And considering the hostility your community exhibits towards all this, it is not any wonder that the KMD notaries dont feel much need to be compassionate for your $50 dollars of lost mining revenues.

You're a thief. Plain and simple. Did pondsea ever get those 35 VM's running he was going to use to notary mine with? Your plan was to steal coins for as long as possible without being caught. You fucked up your little plan due to your own incompetence and got caught. Now you're blaming us just to cover your own ass. You've even got the nerve to act like you did use a favor. Just wait until everyone sees the glee in which you and your cohorts hatched your plot to steal safecoins. Our bad for think KMD devs actually had any ethics. Pathetic.
The fact that it was possible to run 35 VMs and notary mine by anybody should show you how insecure SAFE is. That would have been possible, but what actually happened was 60,000 SAFE was notary mined and then stopped.

this is 1.5% of the 4 million SAFE premine, it is such a big deal? We can donate these coins back if you value them so much. We dont care about your unSAFE coins, it has no value as it is. But since your dev will be rolling back the chain to protect your miner's losses (about $1000?) it seems there is no lost coins at all.

If you want I could fastmine to block 82000 and then have millions of SAFE to donate. Of course the diff would be in the billions or trillions. You just have no comprehension of the restraint that has been exercised so far.

A thank you for restraining your thievery and malicious attacks must be in order!

You don't get it. I've got screen shots from what you thought was a private slack channel showing your motives. It was nothing good. Soon everyone will see what you are, if they haven't figured it out already. Not one of you is man enough to admit it. But please, keep digging. This look familiar?

"jl777 10:53am the more forks a coin has, the stronger that coin becomes:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2838370.msg32889035#msg32889035

i don't have anything against an honest fork and in fact encourage it maybe they will make some useful gizmo someday. maybe it just gets the word about komodo out, after all if it was worth forking, there must be a lot of value originally

the first fork tends to get about 1% the value of the original, so that could mean a few million marketcap for SAFE. Unfortunately it is only a source code fork and the infrastructure is not in place, so I would say the actual value should be sub-million dollars. then again BTCD is more than $100 mil marketcap so who knows. SAFE might end up being worth more than KMD. I know I will mine it just cuz I can at easy diff"

How about this:

"jl777 9:59 am https://github.com/Fair-Exchange/safecoin this is the first komodo fork and the original 35 notaries appear to have easy mining for a while until the block 180000 when the elected notaries will kick in. of course they might change this and we might end up on a fork, but if a few notaries get the 128 coin blocks, it should not create a fork. or maybe we get a safecoin classic"

Maybe this rings a bell:

"jl777 10:30am their chain is running in pre-180000 block mode, so we need to get the ratification tx in their chain"

So please call us scammers some more. I have better things to do now like clean up the mess your greed left us in. Enjoy your safecoin classic.

Sure, we admit we like free coins. who doesnt. Isnt that why you made a 4 million premine? and stealth mining 6 million more.

If liking free/cheap coins is a crime, we are all criminals.

There is no mess, the network diff is where it was before the other day, GPU miners are getting blocks. Though I guess having someone outside the inner circle having coins is messing up your pump and dump plans? Now I understand why the reaction to the $1000 in lost mining is provoking such a loud reaction. This really does mess up your pump and dump plan, doesnt it?

I think having some external party with enough coins to prevent a pump and dump scheme is not such a bad idea and I am proud to do so.
gfigg42

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:54:09 PM

[/quote]
Sure, we admit we like free coins. who doesnt. Isnt that why you made a 4 million premine? and stealth mining 6 million more.

There is no mess, the network diff is where it was before the other day, GPU miners are getting blocks. Though I guess having someone outside the inner circle having coins is messing up your pump and dump plans? Now I understand why the reaction to the $1000 in lost mining is provoking such a loud reaction. This really does mess up your pump and dump plan, doesnt it?

I think having some external party with enough coins to prevent a pump and dump scheme is not such a bad idea and I am proud to do so.
[/quote]

Is this who you want leading your team KMD investors?
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:16:27 PM

Yes, I want jl777, one of the most talented and proven developers in crypto, leading the Komodo project.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:29:52 PM

Why am I stuck reading pages of bullshit that all started with some random post about some random blog post from some random jagoff from 4 years ago?

A random jagoff who, not coincidentally, cryptographically signed a post on this very forum bragging about how great what he later bashed in the blog was. When he was making money it was "the shit" and when he wasn't it was "all shit".  Undecided

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Decker

Activity: 119
Merit: 61

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:35:39 PM

So if the bank leaves the vault open it's ok to go in and take what you want? Got it.
If the huge sign "We are open! Please, come in!" hangs over the entrance to the vault, yes i will go and take what i want. Because it's open and has a corresponding sign. Publishing sources on GitHub means for everybody - it's ready, you can use it as you want, isn't it?

gfigg42

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:41:17 PM

If the huge sign "We are open! Please, come in!" hangs over the entrance to the vault, yes i will go and take what i want. Because it's open and has a corresponding sign. Publishing sources on GitHub means for everybody - it's ready, you can use it as you want, isn't it?

I notice your sign didn't say: "Please steal out money"

We did use it how we wanted, however James wasn't pleased about it. He still felt like SAFE had enough value to hatch a scheme to steal as much as he could without being caught. Such an amazing dev. Forgot about one of his own bug fixes though and got busted.

I also find it just a bit ironic he's busting our balls about security when he couldn't even secure a slack channel. Next time he should buy burner phones.
Decker

Activity: 119
Merit: 61

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:49:41 PM

I think that "mining coins" != "steal money", if previous version of SAFE allowed GPU miners and notaries mining with low diff - it can be mined both ways. And if somebody found a way how to mine it easier - this is not a reason to blame him.

p.s. I'm fully agree with polycryptoblog - jl777 is a very talented and versed in cryptography developer. If he found that SAFE has unchanged notaries public keys and told about it in any way (forum, chat channel, irc, slack, ... etc), it is his freedom. Description of opportunities - is not an attempt to steal something. And if somebody decided to mine SAFE using existing pubkeys - I see this as an attempt to demonstrate SAFE developers completely didn't understand forked sources, but not an attempt to steal something.

utrum.io

Activity: 320
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 02:57:00 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dude, who asked you to fork KMD in the first place?

Why did you rant at JL777 if you can't make a proper fork?

How is SAFE coin better than KMD except you want to make quick money.

Stop coming to KMD thread. We are happy with JL777 and don't bother us.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:58:06 PM

...We did use it how we wanted, however James wasn't pleased about it...
Yes, I'm sure that his displeasure came from it being forked and not such things like...
Calling a chain checkpoint:
//(57731, uint256S("0x00000070e091feaa8c995c68a31254afa8fb12dc15c28382d345f11f515f172f")),   //malicious komodo attack
commits with titles like:
patch malicious komodo dev team hack
final removal of malicious KMD notary nodes

Or you general delusional, right-wing dickishness.

Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
gfigg42

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:06:38 PM

I think that "mining coins" != "steal money", if previous version of SAFE allowed GPU miners and notaries mining with low diff - it can be mined both ways. And if somebody found a way how to mine it easier - this is not a reason to blame him.

When the KMD dev sees a flaw in our code and chooses to exploit it, it's a problem. Do you think we intended for Komodo genesis notaries to be able to mine free coins? Was that our mistake, hell yes it was and it was a damn bad one because it turns out the KMD devs are not to be trusted.

All coins go through a development phase where certain features are not yet activated. This coin is less than 6 weeks old. Are we expected to have a perfect code base and all infrastructure developed from day one? An ethical dev would have notified us of the problem, not hatched a scheme to stealth mine as many coins as possible just in case they're worth something one day. Now when caught he continues to blame us and call us the scammers when the only verified scammers in this idiocy are him and his merry band of cohorts. Pondsea was really quite excited by the prospects, it's a sight to behold. This is really indefensible behavior. Greed is a hell of a drug.

cctap

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:12:14 PM

I have 110% trust in jl777.

And at this point, I wish he Would leave un-safechain at 1 trillion difficulty.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:12:44 PM

...All coins go through a development phase where certain features are not yet activated...
The larger problem is that you still don't understand your own issues. It was activated and you don't like that you activated it.
I have a word for you that, perhaps, you should goggle and would solve many of your problems:

testnet

jl777B

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:16:57 PM

When the KMD dev sees a flaw in our code and chooses to exploit it, it's a problem. Do you think we intended for Komodo genesis notaries to be able to mine free coins? Was that our mistake, hell yes it was and it was a damn bad one because it turns out the KMD devs are not to be trusted.

All coins go through a development phase where certain features are not yet activated. This coin is less than 6 weeks old. Are we expected to have a perfect code base and all infrastructure developed from day one? An ethical dev would have notified us of the problem, not hatched a scheme to stealth mine as many coins as possible just in case they're worth something one day. Now when caught he continues to blame us and call us the scammers when the only verified scammers in this idiocy are him and his merry band of cohorts. Pondsea was really quite excited by the prospects, it's a sight to behold. This is really indefensible behavior. Greed is a hell of a drug.

Dont claim you improved dPoW then. Why did you do that? Why do you even claim you have dPoW when you have no notaries?

I know $50 is a lot of money for you so you wont believe me when I say that the $600 value of the 60000 SAFE is not of any concern to me. (maybe a penny each is being too generous)

My concern is that there isnt some half baked coin claiming to be a KMD fork when anybody can destroy the network. It looks like maybe the latest fixes might have a chance, but I only glanced at it and it feels some stuff is missing.

Let me know when you feel it is fixed and I will do some free pen testing for you. I promise to donate any of the SAFE I get so it is clear it is not any attempt to get free coins. Clearly you dont feel anything is owed to the creator of the coin you forked and that is your right, but it does seem a bit extreme to rollback the chain over a fraction of the premine.
taggartd

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:19:11 PM

I'd like to vote but in agama i have not my vote2018... It's a strange thing because i don't see vote2018 if i enter with my passphrase neither if i put the wif private key.

In the agama wallet of course i had kmd during the snapshot.

Any suggestion?

It seems you need to activate VOTE2018, either before entering your passpharse by using the "Activate Coin" button, or form within the wallet once you are signed in (the "ACTIVATE COIN" button is at the top-right corner of the app).
Thanks, i solved with an help from Kolo
gfigg42

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:20:03 PM

...All coins go through a development phase where certain features are not yet activated...
The larger problem is that you still don't understand your own issues. It was activated and you don't like that you activated it.
I have a word for you that, perhaps, you should goggle and would solve many of your problems:

testnet

Here's one that would be even better:

ETHICAL KMD DEVS

Sad part is we would have loved to work with KMD on testnet. Even James acknowledged the benefit to KMD of having a full fork to test KMD only features with on testnet.

He's blown that now as I don't see how we can trust him again in any way. All for a few coins he calls worthless. Nice job.
jl777B

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:24:09 PM

testnet

ETHICAL KMD DEVS

Sad part is we would have loved to work with KMD on testnet. Even James acknowledged the benefit to KMD of having a full fork to test KMD only features with on testnet.

He's blown that now as I don't see how we can trust him again in any way. All for a few coins he calls worthless. Nice job.
you can fully trust me to call you out on any more bogus claims you make.

polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:39:54 PM

testnet

ETHICAL KMD DEVS

You have no grounds to talk about ethics.   You claim to be doing delayed proof of work, yet have no notaries or btc funds to do such. 

Karasugoi

Activity: 113
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:40:50 PM

YOU DON'T GET IT.   It isn't a flaw or bug in the code.  It is fundamental for dPOW, notaries secure the chains. SafeCoin copied komodo code, as is, without comprehension nor consultation, and invited people to mine it.   SafeCoin DEV claimed SAFE is dPOW, just like Komodo.  If you put a coin out for real use, and keep a massive premine, and expect people to attach value to it because it is like Komodo, when it isn't anything of the sort, that is unethical and reeks of scam. 

It is not ethical to announce your coin as being protected by BTC when it isn't.  That is fraud. 

The evidence of this is plain to see in the coins thread title :    

Re: [ANN][SAFE][dPOW] Safecoin - Komodo Fork - zCash Privacy Secured by Bitcoin   

Until this blatant lie is removed or fixed by dPOWing to BTC,  SafeCoin dev is lying to and cheating the SAFE community and is reflecting badly on komodo causing harm to both.  You are pissed off at the wrong people. 

| S U P E R N E T 's BarterDEX | DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE |
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |
wisnon

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:41:34 PM

Why does it ask for priv key on the dashboard?
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:47:56 PM

Why does it ask for priv key on the dashboard?
"it"?

Pages: « 1 ... 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 [762] 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: