Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:34:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 [763] 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191718 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:49:45 PM

So just getting up to speed... SAFE forks KMD, doesn't really know what the code does by leaving notary keys in, pushes everything to master so it's public and on mainnet and then bitches when the KMD notaries that own the keys mine on easy difficulty? Then JL helps them and tries to salvage the mess they put themselves in, yet the dev team does not listen and then team safe decides to troll the KMD thread bitching about ethics and how KMD's lead dev is a scammer. That sound about right? Frankly the coins the notaries own are fair... it's the cost of releasing botchy code. The fact that JL decided to help you guys shows character. Most code edits and white hat vulnerability tests cost money to perform--JL effectively got paid to audit parts of your code.

Honestly, after seeing the continuation of this, I would sure hope JL mines the shit out of this causing the diff to spike to unimaginable levels.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:10:56 PM

So just getting up to speed... SAFE forks KMD, doesn't really know what the code does by leaving notary keys in, pushes everything to master so it's public and on mainnet and then bitches when the KMD notaries that own the keys mine on easy difficulty? Then JL helps them and tries to salvage the mess they put themselves in, yet the dev team does not listen and then team safe decides to troll the KMD thread bitching about ethics and how KMD's lead dev is a scammer. That sound about right? ....
Yes.  Undecided

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
gfigg42

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:22:39 PM

So just getting up to speed... SAFE forks KMD, doesn't really know what the code does by leaving notary keys in, pushes everything to master so it's public and on mainnet and then bitches when the KMD notaries that own the keys mine on easy difficulty? Then JL helps them and tries to salvage the mess they put themselves in, yet the dev team does not listen and then team safe decides to troll the KMD thread bitching about ethics and how KMD's lead dev is a scammer. That sound about right? Frankly the coins the notaries own are fair... it's the cost of releasing botchy code. The fact that JL decided to help you guys shows character. Most code edits and white hat vulnerability tests cost money to perform--JL effectively got paid to audit parts of your code.

Honestly, after seeing the continuation of this, I would sure hope JL mines the shit out of this causing the diff to spike to unimaginable levels.

His intentions were not noble. He's lying. I have screenshots of their conversations in slack to prove it. That is my main problem. We accept all responsibility for problems with our fork. Forgive us for not being 100% perfect in 6 weeks. We must be the first fork to ever have issues.

All his complaints about problems with our verbiage could have been easily handled. In fact we did make changes requested by him earlier. He simply saw an opportunity to get him some free coins so hey, why let ethics get in the way?

Once the screenshots are made public, he'll have done more damage to KMD than we ever could have. Then again it sure seems like a lot of people around here just don't give a shit. I wonder what kolo thinks about all of this? He seems to have some integrity. I quote:

"kolo 10:49am
Can someone explain why so much aggression to safecoin? Like none of us was a 12 yo kid "forking" some website, app, poem or whatever to learn how to create? I've seen them forked komodo, not copypasting and removing any fork mentions. Is that too bad? I thought forking was supposed to work this way"

Yes I thought so too.

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:32:30 PM

... He simply saw an opportunity to get him some free coins...
If I give you the $4 those coins are worth, will you go away?  Grin

Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:33:32 PM

His intentions were not noble. He's lying. I have screenshots of their conversations in slack to prove it. That is my main problem. We accept all responsibility for problems with our fork. Forgive us for not being 100% perfect in 6 weeks. We must be the first fork to ever have issues.

All his complaints about problems with our verbiage could have been easily handled. In fact we did make changes requested by him earlier. He simply saw an opportunity to get him some free coins so hey, why let ethics get in the way?

Once the screenshots are made public, he'll have done more damage to KMD than we ever could have. Then again it sure seems like a lot of people around here just don't give a shit. I wonder what kolo thinks about all of this? He seems to have some integrity. I quote:

"kolo 10:49am
Can someone explain why so much aggression to safecoin? Like none of us was a 12 yo kid "forking" some website, app, poem or whatever to learn how to create? I've seen them forked komodo, not copypasting and removing any fork mentions. Is that too bad? I thought forking was supposed to work this way"

Yes I thought so too.

What is the point of baiting screenshots and then only posting snip-its... if you have them, post them without posting fragments so people can see the context of what is being said. Cherry picking lines of "screenshots" is lame.

Lastly, you keep referring to ethics and free coins... he did nothing wrong with a public repo on mainnet. Just like anyone else that finds bugs in your code can take advantage of those flaws. In the past when DASH would turn off enforcement, miners would claim the entire block reward instead of giving the portion that belonged to the masternodes to them--that was them seeing an opportunity in the code to do such things. No different here.
wisnon

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:37:08 PM

Where you promote the project ?
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:42:40 PM

...In the past when DASH would turn off enforcement, miners would claim the entire block reward instead of giving the portion that belonged to the masternodes to them--that was them seeing an opportunity in the code to do such things. No different here.
Same with CROWN and others.

wisnon

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:48:26 PM

What is the uniqueness of your exchange, what are the
difference from Bitfinex and Bittrex?
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:54:46 PM

Confirmed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2838370.msg33070111#msg33070111

SAFE is rolling back their blockchain due to the small amount of coins that were notary mined. Integrity of the 4 million premined must be preserved at all costs, cant have that diluted by a few percent! The losses to miners who were mining after their rollback point is about the same as the number of coins that were notary mined.

At least the SAFE is a bit safer with the new changes, though it seems very likely other issues are still there. please be nice to SAFE since they are such nice people and please dont take advantage of the attack vectors they left in the code. it would be so wrong to do that to these nice people.

Too bad they are stealing all the coins that were properly notary mined. Seems a bit strange they accuse so loud of stealing when they are the onces in fact stealing coins from properly mined coins. I guess what can be expected from a fully centralized coin with giant premine and lots of stealth mining.

gfigg42

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:59:10 PM

Confirmed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2838370.msg33070111#msg33070111

SAFE is rolling back their blockchain due to the small amount of coins that were notary mined. Integrity of the 4 million premined must be preserved at all costs, cant have that diluted by a few percent! The losses to miners who were mining after their rollback point is about the same as the number of coins that were notary mined.

At least the SAFE is a bit safer with the new changes, though it seems very likely other issues are still there. please be nice to SAFE since they are such nice people and please dont take advantage of the attack vectors they left in the code. it would be so wrong to do that to these nice people.

Too bad they are stealing all the coins that were properly notary mined. Seems a bit strange they accuse so loud of stealing when they are the onces in fact stealing coins from properly mined coins. I guess what can be expected from a fully centralized coin with giant premine and lots of stealth mining.

You mad bro?
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:59:42 PM

So, SAFE coins aren't safe from random, non-consensus mutability; good to know that there's another coin out there I'll never use.

jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:02:21 PM

So, SAFE coins aren't safe from random, non-consensus mutability; good to know that there's another coin out there I'll never use.
correct. SAFE appears to be fully centralized and we will not be adding it to barterDEX.
SHBlizzard

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:12:02 PM

I must say that the last few pages of ANN have been pretty entertaining to read. Now I know to stay clear from (un)SAFE coin. Thank you

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Decker

Activity: 119
Merit: 61

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:22:30 PM

When the KMD dev sees a flaw in our code and chooses to exploit it, it's a problem. Do you think we intended for Komodo genesis notaries to be able to mine free coins? Was that our mistake, hell yes it was and it was a damn bad one because it turns out the KMD devs are not to be trusted.
Why do you so sure that was KMD dev team members mined your coin? Believe me, i wish your project only bright future and if you will implement in it something new and useful to the community, for example, new tech or another interest solution - it will be great. But, unfortunatelly, currently SAFE coin looks like scam. Why i think so? Let's look:

1. If it was serious long time project - devs never release this code with KMD notaries public keys inside. Have you heard anything about the stages of the software development life cycle? Before release every software should going through many checks, tests and this is months of hard work.
2. Unfortunatelly, we don't see any work here. SAFE coin devs just forked (i wish to call it "copy & paste", like in middle school) KMD sources, changed KMD strings on SAFE and tried to introduce it as new project. Do you think it's seriously? Will you deny that no one of devs has even tried to understand the essence of how this works? From side look like "devs" of SAFE don't tried to clarify for itselfs too much moments inside a code. Otherwise, they would have created their own notary.
3. Ok. Let's explain that SAFE is not one-day project, not scam ... what we have? Only copy & pasted sources and few screenshots in SAFE thread, which can be drawn in maximum per hour. Whitepaper? No. Official site - doesn't work. Explorer? Haven't.

What SAFE have you may asked? Only topic on this forum with a few screenshots, copy & pasted code, and ambitious statements and charges. Nothing more (currently).

p.s. About mining. Everybody could start safe coin daemon with one of notaries public key and mine SAFE. Also, everybody could start mining with all notaries_elected pubkeys. Why? For example, to show people this project is not serious, even if its developers do not understand how it works. Of course, if somebody mined SAFE with komodo's notaries pubkeys - he can't spent it without privkeys, but in order to show the incompetence of developers - this is enough.

dollux

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:29:10 PM

You mad bro?

I am nobody, not Dev or even a simple C programmer, on technical issues I know very little but I do know this:

You gfigg42 have done a great job of making sure I never go any where near MaidSafe - Safecoin, thank you very much for the heads up.
gfigg42

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:33:03 PM

When the KMD dev sees a flaw in our code and chooses to exploit it, it's a problem. Do you think we intended for Komodo genesis notaries to be able to mine free coins? Was that our mistake, hell yes it was and it was a damn bad one because it turns out the KMD devs are not to be trusted.
Why do you so sure that was KMD dev team members mined your coin?

Simple really. I have screen shots of their slack channel that prove it.
gfigg42

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:34:49 PM

You mad bro?

I am nobody, not Dev or even a simple C programmer, on technical issues I know very little but I do know this:

You gfigg42 have done a great job of making sure I never go any where near MaidSafe - Safecoin, thank you very much for the heads up.

Thanks. Coming from someone not even bright enough to know Maidsafe and SAFEcoin are unrelated projects, it means a lot. Also Maidsafe is a dead coin.
SlickRick

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:11:27 PM

Why do you so sure that was KMD dev team members mined your coin? Believe me, i wish your project only bright future and if you will implement in it something new and useful to the community, for example, new tech or another interest solution - it will be great. But, unfortunatelly, currently SAFE coin looks like scam. Why i think so? Let's look:

1. If it was serious long time project - devs never release this code with KMD notaries public keys inside. Have you heard anything about the stages of the software development life cycle? Before release every software should going through many checks, tests and this is months of hard work.
2. Unfortunatelly, we don't see any work here. SAFE coin devs just forked (i wish to call it "copy & paste", like in middle school) KMD sources, changed KMD strings on SAFE and tried to introduce it as new project. Do you think it's seriously? Will you deny that no one of devs has even tried to understand the essence of how this works? From side look like "devs" of SAFE don't tried to clarify for itselfs too much moments inside a code. Otherwise, they would have created their own notary.
3. Ok. Let's explain that SAFE is not one-day project, not scam ... what we have? Only copy & pasted sources and few screenshots in SAFE thread, which can be drawn in maximum per hour. Whitepaper? No. Official site - doesn't work. Explorer? Haven't.

What SAFE have you may asked? Only topic on this forum with a few screenshots, copy & pasted code, and ambitious statements and charges. Nothing more (currently).

p.s. About mining. Everybody could start safe coin daemon with one of notaries public key and mine SAFE. Also, everybody could start mining with all notaries_elected pubkeys. Why? For example, to show people this project is not serious, even if its developers do not understand how it works. Of course, if somebody mined SAFE with komodo's notaries pubkeys - he can't spent it without privkeys, but in order to show the incompetence of developers - this is enough.

1. Notaries were planned for a later stage, and yes the harmfulness of leaving those in the code, was overseen and your dev gladly used this error to snatch some coins - however he screwed that up and for the SAFE community it looked like a deliberate attack first (until clarification that is was meant to be 'only' a little coin grabbing activity)
2. SAFE is about 2 month old, how much new feastures do you expect in that short time frame from a small group of part-time devs? Please be realistic
3. There is a website (safecoin.org) , please check it out, there were two block explorers (before the fork) and overall the community was quite happy with the progress until your Dev fucked it all up during his lil' raid.
SHossainKMD

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:22:10 PM

1. Notaries were planned for a later stage, and yes the harmfulness of leaving those in the code, was overseen and your dev gladly used this error to snatch some coins - however he screwed that up and for the SAFE community it looked like a deliberate attack first (until clarification that is was meant to be 'only' a little coin grabbing activity)
2. SAFE is about 2 month old, how much new feastures do you expect in that short time frame from a small group of part-time devs? Please be realistic
3. There is a website (safecoin.org) , please check it out, there were two block explorers (before the fork) and overall the community was quite happy with the progress until your Dev fucked it all up during his lil' raid.

Safecoin is a scam coin. Created only for pump and dump. What kind of delusional brain deaded people blame others for their own mistake. What kind of idiot copy and paste source code and release without checking? Safecoin says it's dPOW, where is the proof?

Just go away you mean ill-minded trolls.
SlickRick

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:24:12 PM

Safecoin is a scam coin. Created only for pump and dump. What kind of delusional brain deaded people blame others for their own mistake. What kind of idiot copy and paste source code and release without checking? Safecoin says it's dPOW, where is the proof?

Just go away you mean ill-minded trolls.

So, how they scammed anyone? There was not even one offer to buy or sell coins.
Please inform yourself before making any accusations. Thanks.
Pages: « 1 ... 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 [763] 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: