Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:31:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 [768] 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191684 times)
libscott

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:21:18 PM

Hi all!

Since some of you may still be wondering who to vote for, I'd like to present an option that should have appeal to voters who prioritize the growth of the platform.

I'm a programmer working on the core code of Komodo, a Bitcoin fork. Originally the architects of Komodo were looking for someone to implement Interledger Crypto-Conditions into the platform; I'd written an implementation in Haskell (while working at BigchainDB), and now for Komodo have done one in C. All my work is open source, and on Github.

These days, we are using Crypto-Conditions to help in developing cross chain smart contracts; that is, you want to stake some units of a reserve currency, and get paid in the reserve currency, while the smart contract is executed on another, smaller (or even transient) chain with a modified virtual machine. The key to doing this turns out to be the group of notaries; the notaries are a coordinated, identified group who we trust. I'm a believer that notaries or caretakers are the best way to make a scalable blockchain system, and Komodo with it's election system is doing a good job of tackling this head-on.

I work mainly on komodod, the modified bitcoin/zcash fork that Komodo runs on. I've done work on the script interpreter to implement a new opcode OP_CHECKCRYPTOCONDITION, and am now working on cross-chain payouts.

I am running as a notary candidate, and I'd like to encourage people to consider me for their vote(s), based on the above Smiley. Below is a link to my proposal. If you have any questions, please reply here or send me a PM!

proposal: https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/NotaryNodes/tree/master/proposals/libscott
private: zcCXFao1EMQoYzsM1pugvvSG23LoGJJpS8KaAVstd1WdSdUpgmiW8NTs9TUmcXGZuV3WhM2FNL7DGYB 1Mp7fsMvYAv44YPY
EU (preferred): RVMtoPmL8SiHCXSceMmxwpScAhDgsVvTZc

Thanks!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 05:26:36 PM

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
pbca26

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:42:38 PM

Hi, some of you might not even know me or saw on Slack but have no idea what am I doing at SuperNET Smiley.

I've been working the past several days on adding new coins to dev version of Agama wallet which is also a part of my notary node election proposal. Making Agama a "wallet to hodl them all" became my top priority since October last year. As you all know, our wallet is open source, totally free of charge to use or integrate any new coins, and already offers about 25 coins (exc. Supernet coins). There are not many of such open source wallets out there.

I’ve added 34 new coins which could be potentially enabled for everyone to use in lite mode. However, there is a blocker on an infrastructure side that depends on a 3rd-party agreement. Out of 34 new coins 14 can also be added to BarterDEX's lite trading mode. This most certainly will help to get larger adoption in future.

I would like to emphasise once again how crucial it is for us to significantly raise awareness about Komodo Platform through any channel available. One of them would be integrating more coins to the wallet and BarterDEX, reaching out to other communities, bringing coin devs to our Slack and submitting pull requests. To set in motion this initiative I am planning to use up to 400 KMD monthly for bounties as a starting point to get more people involved in the development. If you feel generous enough perhaps together we could setup a dev fund for this purpose.

Large number of electrum servers/marketmaker nodes certainly requires substantial funds to get things going. I know that team Meshbits and cipi share similar thoughts to widen our outreach and help with infrastructure growth.

Cast your votes!
Each of your votes can actually contribute and make a difference!

My proposal: https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/NotaryNodes/tree/master/proposals/pbca26
Team Meshbits proposal: https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/NotaryNodes/tree/master/proposals/meshbits
emmanux

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:42:32 PM

Grin YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin
http://beer.komodochainz.info/tx/71349d59a2da815b0013fd501c4bd9e675ccabd8a046ee98d931cd712b34242b
First notarization transaction on a fully containerized, bug-free, iguana!!! (iguana's the core of Komodo Platform.)

No workarounds, only proper patches to C code.
And at full speed.  Cool

https://github.com/Emmanux/kmdplatform/blob/master/iguana/docker/Dockerfile

Please be sure to vote for emmanux and patchkez, the Dragon Riders Team.
Code:
RWLe6SPYRGthPfZrUBPT29fFRNmaiqybaU
RAnvcMmra8sUqjQoUZ4kGGPypdaHhfvnkY

As you can see, we don't make promises. We work. We solve scaling issues, as only good DevOps can do.
If you want to put Komodo right on the moon, then, seriously, VOTE FOR US

Fast_cris

Activity: 185

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:17:11 AM

Komo have a web wallet ?
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:23:07 AM

With voting comes to an end on April 1, elected notaries will reestablish themselves for securing the Komodo platform network via dPoW . The first dICO will start two weeks after it and so much going around Komodo ecosystem.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:17:42 AM

Looks like candidates that shares the most of their mining-rewards MadMax (40%), Dwy (30%), Goldenman (22,3%), Ptyx (20%) are not passing in EU region.
Most people vote for their own region and Europeans are such a rich mofos, they don't need more coins, i guess    Grin   Grin   Grin

I think overall nearly every candidate offering revenue share is either currently in at least one 'winning' position, or very close. Still a lot of VOTES to come in, but with only a couple of days to go the rev share candidates are all highly competitive, which is what I expected, and makes me regret the lost opportunity for a community pool even more than before.

Edit, most rev share candidates are first timers, so it makes sense that they need to offer something to stand out over established guys with reputation
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:44:22 AM

I'm impressed by the amount of progress the team has made in the past few months, KMD is definitely a pioneer of its own kind. The only issue I have are the notary nodes - I always have an issue whenever voting is involved in any platform. You are signifying trust at that point (which is the completely opposite of what the basis of bitcoin was meant to serve, a trust-less service), and if there were to be a group large enough it would essentially become somewhat centralized. We can see a clear example of this by looking at Lisk.

Lisk has let this issue run rampant and now they have to deal with hiring a full "science" team to amend the issue, this seems like a greater feat in itself (rather than the javascript protocol).

None the less it's not like centralization really matters in the cryptocurrency market. Even BTC has ended up being severely centralized and people still use it. It seems in the end people tend to care more of the application or use. If that ends up being the case KMD is in my opinion a sleeper.
I think you might be assuming that notaries have some exclusive power to create blocks, which is what I think LISK and other dPoS systems have.

In KMD, the notaries can notarize, but all notarizations are validated by the other nodes, so there is no power to create false notarizations. There is no monopoly on creating blocks that the notaries have. In fact about one third of blocks are created by GPU miners.

So the notaries are stake voted into place and their notarizations are NOT trusted, but all are verified. Not so sure that this is any where near the centralizing issue that you seem to be assuming it is. True, notaries have the power to not notarize.
Thanks for the clarification. That makes more sense, how ever i question the integrity of notary nodes in a longterm situation, Since voting is involved. As you said, I under stand that they can't falsify blocks, but the majority of new kmd will be held by notary nodes, can't that lead to manipulation when it comes to voting (self voting and bribery).
virtual_miner

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:47:40 AM

This week I installed AGAMA WALLET to my windows 64 Pc.

I started to download komodo blockchain. I left my pc for several hours.

When I returned back I SAW that I used 30 GB of network data !!!!

Windows >> network statistics, >> file statistics >> komodo.exe 30 GB !!!

But chain data under appdata foldor komodo was only 2 gb !!!!

Please inform what was this is ?
Big Naturals

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:53:25 AM

Thanks for the clarification. That makes more sense, how ever i question the integrity of notary nodes in a longterm situation, Since voting is involved. As you said, I under stand that they can't falsify blocks, but the majority of new kmd will be held by notary nodes, can't that lead to manipulation when it comes to voting (self voting and bribery).

Most new KMD comes from 5% accrued to ALL KMD, the notaries share of new supply by comparison is rather small.

The optimum strategy though is for whales to compound their stacks over the next few years to maximise their VOTE power, but that'll just create mega HODL, which is good for price rise for everyone, and whales have an incentive to pick notaries wisely.
emmanux

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:19:29 AM

Most new KMD comes from 5% accrued to ALL KMD, the notaries share of new supply by comparison is rather small.

The optimum strategy though is for whales to compound their stacks over the next few years to maximise their VOTE power, but that'll just create mega HODL, which is good for price rise for everyone, and whales have an incentive to pick notaries wisely.

Centralization is still a bad thing among notaries.
Centralized notaries are less compelled to innovation, competitiveness and professionalism. They're basically leaches (at notarization activity). Sad truth.
Vote for independents!

https://dragonRiders.team ---> the real deal

Big Naturals

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:52:23 AM

Centralization is still a bad thing among notaries.
Centralized notaries are less compelled to innovation, competitiveness and professionalism. They're basically leaches (at notarization activity). Sad truth.
Vote for independents!

https://dragonRiders.team ---> the real deal

I agree centralization is a bad thing, and i expect most whales will spread their vote around multiple candidates and favor those running in only one region, and those who didn't run last time. Some of those candidates happen to be offering rev shares too, so it's a win win for the whales - they get a rev share by supporting more independent candidates.

Obviously some whales will have private deals we'll never know about, and some whales are also notaries and will vote themselves in. Overall the competition for places is much higher this year than I expected, which is great!

zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:33:17 AM

Was trying to perform atomic swaps. I sent KMD from Agama wallet to BarterDex KMD Electrum wallet address. Also sent some ZEC from my JAX wallet to the BarterDex ZEC wallet address. The software received them both and displayed them fine in the dashboard. UTXO never changed from inventory 0 so was never able to actually complete an atomic swap. Suddenly the software shows a 0 balance for both of these coins. any help?
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:02:47 AM

SHossainKMD

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:49:53 AM

Dear KMD stake holders who haven't voted yet: There has been a lot of active and repetitive campaigning by a few notary node candidates, with many of those offering a shared payout to attract voters. In contrast, there are also candidates who got little attention so far but are of extreme value for the Komodo Platform. Komodo pays out only about 1.5% per year of its market cap to notary nodes, but gives 5% to each hodler in KMD. That is totally different from some other projects like Lisk, Ark etc., where node operation accounts to 1x% per year. Thereby, getting a tiny share of a Komodo notary node revenue adds close to nothing for a KMD investment. What makes a difference with a view to a KMD stake is supporting those candidates who make an outstanding contribution to the success of Komodo in order that they can dedicate themselves full time and stay highly motivated and loyal. There are excellent worker proposals by programmers, some of those are new since last year, but also many who are with Komodo for some time. As a voter please take the time and actually read the proposals rather than just going for the highest payout. Many from the Komodo community have endorsed candidates. I would like to bring attention to Libscott, https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/NotaryNodes/tree/master/proposals/libscott . What he is doing is spectacular. It brings smart contract and application development capabilities to Komodo, and it has to do with the recent Komodo 2.0 announcement for advanced notarization features. Komodo is rapidly progressing in that area thanks to Scott. While many candidates were campaigning he was busy with programming and world class system development. As the elections come to an end some candidates need more votes than others to secure a spot. There is also SHossain https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/NotaryNodes/tree/master/proposals/shossain who was continuously active for Komodo and contributed to a lot of things, he deserves as well more votes.

Thanks nn_fullmoon  Smiley

Hello everyone! VOTE2018 tokens has been airdropped and election is nearly finishing. It is now time to Vote for Notary Node Election 2018.

I am a dedicated and very highly skilled notary node operator who is leading the test team. I was the first to setup a node and wrote a guide for other candidates on how start using the notary testnet. I also write guide about how to install and use BarterDEX CL, GUI and many other things. I intend to run 2 very high capacity nodes in EU & AR region. Also, would like to setup electrum servers for BarterDEX. Your votes are very valuable for me.

Checkout my node's performance stat here: https://dexstats.info/notarizations.php
My proposal: https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/NotaryNodes/blob/master/proposals/shossain

Vote details:

EU Vote Address:
Code:
RSUMqZFwz7yPzTmyzEtH9VzH7LBoD7twSB

AR Vote Address:
Code:
RFUN8XezmmZt47pzVmoz7aN5LtFNV9pyuj

Private Vote Address:
Code:
zcYTkJTZteZDsjq56qsYY1WNzy5m1VYkjKpm651b7ZhUgewYe2PBRFFeZUciNQ6iBaPvELbuEGUGKHKBW2XHEm1F2yeYdhe

Thank you for reading my proposal.
Acura3600
Legendary

Activity: 2959
Merit: 1243

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:54:20 AM

Komo have a web wallet ?

https://www.atomicexplorer.com/wallet/#/

Understand the risks in using Agama web wallet
Decker

Activity: 119
Merit: 61

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:47:09 PM

Komodo blockchain's size currently is ~3.9 Gb, but, yes, you are right, syncing from scratch can use 30 or 60 Gb of network traffic. Some overhead.

Decker

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:49:26 PM

Decker's 2018 Notary Proposal: https://deckersu.github.io/

Who am i?

I am an IT expert and systems engineer. I’ve formed part of the Komodo team since 2017. During which time I contributed to Komodo in the form of development towards the KomodoQT (KomodoOcean) wallet - the world's first GUI wallet for a zero knowledge fork that supports KMD and all its parallel chains. Additionally I assist the team in testing and development of new dapps.

Why Vote for Decker?

In addition to the wallet development I took part in the creation of the first CHIPS wallet, building BarterDEX core for Windows. Active member of the community with plans to support the platform in the long term. Notary node funds will increase my resources to improve Komodo dapps.

Proven Skills

• I can handle a wide spectrum of the Komodo infrastructure.
  • Deployment and support fail-safe work of KMD and parallel chain explorers, hosted on my own VDS servers.
  • Software testing, software programming.
  • Making blockchain snapshots, writing and translate documentations for users.

I’ve decided to become a candidate for the European / Asia and Russia regions and I count on your support!

How to Vote?

VOTE address:
Code:
RARcozaVAMZaXJaL6KWMSw297xTYzbDwa3
zVOTE address:
Code:
zc9re8upRd4zZQ7Zs1qm1BnsXtEQ8yhQm3UeWkAugto5FwfgH6NoKTGqKM47K2QNus3CV5h3Kd3wUfzzjctZvj5S3EDFZqH

virtual_miner

Activity: 475

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:14:29 PM

Komodo blockchain's size currently is ~3.9 Gb, but, yes, you are right, syncing from scratch can use 30 or 60 Gb of network traffic. Some overhead.

Too bad..I was hoping to INVEST...

Any chain download options ? Like XVG gives from its official site every 3 days.
Decker

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:46:46 PM

Too bad..I was hoping to INVEST...

Any chain download options ? Like XVG gives from its official site every 3 days.
How overhead via donwloading blockchain prevents you to invest, don't understand? For example, Bitcoin have some overhead via downloading blocks too, and ZCash also. And what? Also to use KMD and assets you don't need to download anything, just use Agama in Electrum (SPV) mode. In this case it doesn't need to download anything.

Pages: « 1 ... 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 [768] 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: