Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:14:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][COS] COSMOS, internet of blockchains  (Read 59751 times)
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 5914

Meh.

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:03:39 PM

Is this on exchanges? Did not see it on CMC.

You apparently did not read this thread either.  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mimar

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:21:28 PM

synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 03:02:49 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2018, 03:27:11 PM by synechist

Having read your whitepaper, there's no question of your copying the Blocknet's technical approach. You're using DPoS and sidechains/sharding; we're using an inter-chain network overlay, a blockchain router, p2p messaging and atomic protocols.

However, when it comes to how you represent/market yourselves, there's a striking similarity in both concept and wording.
Consider, for example, the third paragraph of your whitepaper: this echoes, almost verbatim, the following:
- a sentence in the second paragraph of our last blog post
- a sentence in our last radio interview
- many other instances, over the course of at least the past year, in which we've described our goal as preserving the security properties of
blockchains in inter-chain scenarios.

Can you please paste the sentence from the second paragraph of your last blog post that you find strikingly similar?  I just want to make sure we're talking about the same parts.

Sure: "The Blocknet is an inter-blockchain application platform, devoted to creating solutions to inter-chain interoperability without sacrificing the security properties of blockchains."

I can't - and I'm not trying to - stop you from using "internet of blockchains" or phrases about "preserving security properties."
I'm not accusing you of plagiarism either.
But I request, as a matter of prior art, that you both (a) find equivalent but different ways of describing your project, and (b) that consider acknowledging - where relevant - that we precede you in pursuing the vision of inter-chain interoperability and were the first in carving out the concepts that you've arrived at.

I have no qualms changing the phrase.  "Network of blockchains"?  We'll take that then Smiley

Nice one. Sounds good :-)

I didn't pursue any vision of blockchains until early 2014.  Well, even before then, if you count the fact that since 2013 I had developed exchange software for a crypto-crypto exchange to compete with Cryptsy.  I abandoned that (https://github.com/jaekwon/ftnox-backend) and started working on Tendermint because it is what enables secure PoS.  And we have to get away from PoW in order for the security of many chains to be independent of each other.

http://tendermint.com/blog/security-of-cryptocurrency-protocols/

Looking at BlockNet's vision, it seems like we're fully aligned.  We're not even competing, we're both developing toward a shared system from different angles.  To call us plagiarizing is a stretch... we've created and proposed solutions to longstanding problems in the crypto space.

Absolutely. I'm explicitly not accusing you of plagiarism.

Here, I've changed our tagline.  We'll update them on our website too.  I acknowledge that jl777 has had great ideas, inevitable ideas.  I'd like for us to take part in the journey.  The internet of blockchains will not be centralized, or hierarchical.  Like the WorldWideWeb that preceded it, it is connected in every possible way.

Onward to a decentralised internet! For the record though, jl777 has nothing to do with the Blocknet. He's behind that SuperNET thing, right?
Anyway, yes, it's great that there are a few projects working toward "web 3.0".

All the best with the project,

Arlyn

Hi folks :-)

Arlyn here from the Blocknet.

A while back I chatted with Jaekwon (see above) about Cosmos's use of "internet of blockchains" and we mutually agreed that Cosmos would use "network of blockchains" instead.

I'd like to ask whether this project would mind changing "internet of blockchains" to "network of blockchains" on the following pages:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/cosmos
- Cosmos website: https://cosmos.network/
- Github: https://github.com/cosmos/cosmos

Thanks very much, and best of luck networking blockchains together!

Arlyn

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
sazn866666

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:45:13 PM

What can cosmos do? Cross-block chain value exchange, what other features?
rezon

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:56:01 AM

When  can I  buy ATOM tokens?
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:13:26 AM

I see that those Kuende guys are offering an airdrop for COS holders.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
bananafana

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:34:52 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 05:40:08 PM by bananafana

I'm in on it. They have some bonuses in both their token and ATOM if you invest in them https://ico.kuende.com/airdrop/
MarkThief

Activity: 193

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:55:25 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 05:55:29 PM by MarkThief

I'm in on it. They have some bonuses in both their token and ATOM if you invest in them https://ico.kuende.com/airdrop/

Any way I can pick up some ATOM for owning Kuende? lol
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:35:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up about Kuende!

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:39:48 PM

How am I just now hearing about this?
bignice

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:46:09 PM

How am I just now hearing about this?
It would be very nice, airdrop helps to attract investor interest and help a lot of people who want to get the token without having to pay, excellent Marketing Strategy.
r1d1

Activity: 957
Merit: 766

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 01:46:40 AM

As I understand, it's a bonus for tokensale participants, not an airdrop. Airdrop will be for SRN/BNT/CVC/STX/IPSX owners.

Wink
joblessminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:17:51 PM

As I understand, it's a bonus for tokensale participants, not an airdrop. Airdrop will be for SRN/BNT/CVC/STX/IPSX owners.

Thanks for your insight. Do you know what the main difference is? You buy 1 ATOM and you get a bonus .01 Kuende or something?
Pavel-Kuende

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:39:13 PM

Thanks for your insight. Do you know what the main difference is? You buy 1 ATOM and you get a bonus .01 Kuende or something?

Hello there!

Easier than that! For any 1 ETH you contribute, you receive a free ATOM Smiley
2l84aa

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:48:04 PM

Hello there!

I'm guessing this isn't the same ATOM? https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/atomic-coin/
joblessminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:56:24 AM

I see that those Kuende guys are offering an airdrop for ATOM holders.

Hello there!

Very cool of you Kuende dudes to bring this partnership that is going to benefit so many holders here.
MarkThief

Activity: 193

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 03:02:05 PM

Hello there!

Very cool of you Kuende dudes to bring this partnership that is going to benefit so many holders here.

What makes you think it was Kuende's idea? It could have been a condition of Cosmos for them to partner.
TheROBER

Activity: 116

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 03:15:56 PM

Hello there!

What makes you think it was Kuende's idea? It could have been a condition of Cosmos for them to partner.

I don't really care either way. I'll take as many free tokens from Kuende or Cosmos, as they will hand out. Both are solid projects.
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:42:59 PM

Hello there!

I don't really care either way. I'll take as many free tokens from Kuende or Cosmos, as they will hand out. Both are solid projects.

Where do you go to claim it?
kazzy

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:48:12 PM

Hello there!

Where do you go to claim it?

https://ico.kuende.com/airdrop/ from what I read.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: