Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:30:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][COS] COSMOS, internet of blockchains  (Read 59751 times)
2l84aa

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:52:07 PM

I see that those Kuende guys are offering an airdrop for ATOM holders.

As I understand, it's a bonus for tokensale participants, not an airdrop. Airdrop will be for SRN/BNT/CVC/STX/IPSX owners.

Thanks for your insight. Do you know what the main difference is? You buy 1 ATOM and you get a bonus .01 Kuende or something?

Hello there!

Easier than that! For any 1 ETH you contribute, you receive a free ATOM Smiley

Very cool of you Kuende dudes to bring this partnership that is going to benefit so many holders here.

What makes you think it was Kuende's idea? It could have been a condition of Cosmos for them to partner.

I don't really care either way. I'll take as many free tokens from Kuende or Cosmos, as they will hand out. Both are solid projects.

Where do you go to claim it?

https://ico.kuende.com/airdrop/ from what I read.

Thanks so much for sharing that here!
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NamoCoin

Activity: 88

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:12:33 AM

Sure are a lot of people getting in on the Kuende action. What do they do anyway?
Shoesouse

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:16:41 AM

Sure are a lot of people getting in on the Kuende action. What do they do anyway?

They made the biggest decentralized social media platform. Definitely worth your time to check them out.
kimdung1709

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:40:47 AM

Hello, can you give me link wallet?
Kruncha

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:14:03 PM

Zmanian explains how the Cosmos SDK helps you build application-specific blockchains at the @web3foundation Summit last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO8ZSAfh0Jo&feature=youtu.be
petushka

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 08:58:40 PM

I Love your concept and solution but haven't learned deeply about it yet. Could you pls refer the most and brief informative docs? Also as far as I see you do not have telegram chat, I've joined one by accident.
fulled

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 03:33:10 AM

cosmos concept is the best concept that i love, i just cant wait to buy this coin when launching, also i hope main net will be launching on target
petushka

Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 03:56:30 PM

cosmos concept is the best concept that i love, i just cant wait to buy this coin when launching, also i hope main net will be launching on target
You seem to be aware about this. What stage of development the project is at? Maybe you can refer some interesting discussion/interview/overview on tech and its benefits?
zerkalisz

Activity: 349

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 04:11:23 PM

Launch Manifest — December Mission Update
https://blog.cosmos.network/launch-manifest-81e9205b3248

Corey031

Activity: 648
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:03:59 PM

COSMOS has been listed on wings.ai and is available for forecasting. How much will raise from its token sale? Please show your support for COSMOS and submit your forecast! To learn more: bit.ly/2UvL6lW
sMerit

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 10:47:22 AM

Buy you Atom Cosmos tokens, me need seed phrase - i will buy that
i will buy not more tokens -
Telegram @BuyAlts
 https://t.me/BuyAlts
AlloM

Activity: 798
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 11:41:16 AM

Where I can store my coins I bought right now but didn't find the link to store my coins. Anybody can suggest me which is best way to store this coin safely.
filsid

TOKPIE

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 11:56:54 AM

Blastoff — The Cosmos Hub Mainnet is Live
Announcing the Mainnet Launch of the Cosmos Hub https://blog.cosmos.network/blastoff-the-cosmos-hub-mainnet-is-live-41a7c749e0d0

Meladon

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 06:22:25 PM

I'm a bit confused with regulators and validators, i have here a mnemonic seed (12 words) from the ICO,
is it sufficient or have i to do additional steps?

thanks in advance
Kuende
Copper Member

Activity: 170

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 11:26:04 AM

Hello to all the Cosmonauts,

We are excited to announce that together with some key members of Kuende’s development team, we have built and launched our Cosmos Validator (Vali the Thor | Kuende) and we are open for delegations!

A couple of facts we would like to mention
  • We are also building our own Cosmos Network zone
  • We were backed by Dokia Capital in our ICO
  • We are the first ever project that Airdropped ATOMs to their community

We would like to thank the great community that formed around this emerging change. It was a pleasure to be able to validate concepts and details, ranging from the simplest to the most "abstract" ones with such great people. Some of the ones that invested their time in helping us make sure we are not missing any detail are, in no particular order: Jack Zampolin & Zaki Manian (Tendermint), H. Yung (B-Harvest), Kwun Yeung (Forbole), Adrian Brink (Cryptium Labs), Florian Liss (Staking Facilities), George Bunea (syncnode), Hendrik & Leo (Certus One) and Aurel Iancu (Dokia Capital).

Let’s Connect!

Chat On Telegram
Validator Website
Read Our Blog
Follow Us On Twitter

Best of wishes,
Daniel (Hertz)
Validator Co-founder & CISO Kuende

synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 03:15:08 PM

Having read your whitepaper, there's no question of your copying the Blocknet's technical approach. You're using DPoS and sidechains/sharding; we're using an inter-chain network overlay, a blockchain router, p2p messaging and atomic protocols.

However, when it comes to how you represent/market yourselves, there's a striking similarity in both concept and wording.
Consider, for example, the third paragraph of your whitepaper: this echoes, almost verbatim, the following:
- a sentence in the second paragraph of our last blog post
- a sentence in our last radio interview
- many other instances, over the course of at least the past year, in which we've described our goal as preserving the security properties of
blockchains in inter-chain scenarios.

Can you please paste the sentence from the second paragraph of your last blog post that you find strikingly similar?  I just want to make sure we're talking about the same parts.

Sure: "The Blocknet is an inter-blockchain application platform, devoted to creating solutions to inter-chain interoperability without sacrificing the security properties of blockchains."

I can't - and I'm not trying to - stop you from using "internet of blockchains" or phrases about "preserving security properties."
I'm not accusing you of plagiarism either.
But I request, as a matter of prior art, that you both (a) find equivalent but different ways of describing your project, and (b) that consider acknowledging - where relevant - that we precede you in pursuing the vision of inter-chain interoperability and were the first in carving out the concepts that you've arrived at.

I have no qualms changing the phrase.  "Network of blockchains"?  We'll take that then Smiley

Nice one. Sounds good :-)

I didn't pursue any vision of blockchains until early 2014.  Well, even before then, if you count the fact that since 2013 I had developed exchange software for a crypto-crypto exchange to compete with Cryptsy.  I abandoned that (https://github.com/jaekwon/ftnox-backend) and started working on Tendermint because it is what enables secure PoS.  And we have to get away from PoW in order for the security of many chains to be independent of each other.

http://tendermint.com/blog/security-of-cryptocurrency-protocols/

Looking at BlockNet's vision, it seems like we're fully aligned.  We're not even competing, we're both developing toward a shared system from different angles.  To call us plagiarizing is a stretch... we've created and proposed solutions to longstanding problems in the crypto space.

Absolutely. I'm explicitly not accusing you of plagiarism.

Here, I've changed our tagline.  We'll update them on our website too.  I acknowledge that jl777 has had great ideas, inevitable ideas.  I'd like for us to take part in the journey.  The internet of blockchains will not be centralized, or hierarchical.  Like the WorldWideWeb that preceded it, it is connected in every possible way.

Onward to a decentralised internet! For the record though, jl777 has nothing to do with the Blocknet. He's behind that SuperNET thing, right?
Anyway, yes, it's great that there are a few projects working toward "web 3.0".

All the best with the project,

Arlyn

Hi folks :-)

Arlyn here from the Blocknet.

A while back I chatted with Jaekwon (see above) about Cosmos's use of "internet of blockchains" and we mutually agreed that Cosmos would use "network of blockchains" instead.

I'd like to ask whether this project would mind changing "internet of blockchains" to "network of blockchains" on the following pages:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/cosmos
- Cosmos website: https://cosmos.network/
- Github: https://github.com/cosmos/cosmos

Thanks very much, and best of luck networking blockchains together!

Arlyn

Re-posting because it got lost.

Awaiting your response (or to its duplicate on the Cosmos forum, or to the few requests on Twitter).

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
gartmah

Activity: 735
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 11:48:28 AM

Phase II Initiated—Cosmos ATOM Transfers Enabled by Governance
For nearly six weeks, the main network of the Cosmos Hub has run smoothly, demonstrating strong stability—having had no network halts—with exceptionally high availability.  https://blog.cosmos.network/phase-ii-initiated-cosmos-atom-transfers-enabled-by-governance-831a7e555ab6
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 12:12:53 PM

I'am interested but i have a problem to find a way how to get a Cosmos/Atom adresses.

On the webpage it says Lunie Wallet, but than you either need a Ledger Nano or allready have an adress to sign in.

The question is still, how to get an adress at all after i can't see any references to a desktop, web or whatever other wallet?

I'am more than willing to buy a bunch of Cosmos at kraken, but without being able to generate an adress where to send them
from kraken?

What do i miss? Huh
serhanni

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 07:48:33 PM

I'am interested but i have a problem to find a way how to get a Cosmos/Atom adresses.

On the webpage it says Lunie Wallet, but than you either need a Ledger Nano or allready have an adress to sign in.

The question is still, how to get an adress at all after i can't see any references to a desktop, web or whatever other wallet?

I'am more than willing to buy a bunch of Cosmos at kraken, but without being able to generate an adress where to send them
from kraken?

What do i miss? Huh
I'm using cosmostation. You can download from https://www.cosmostation.io/ if you are using ios or android
filsid

TOKPIE

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 02:16:28 PM

Orbital Communications—April Community Update
by All in Bits (Tendermint Inc) https://blog.cosmos.network/orbital-communications-april-community-update-f07552af5255

-Dev Update
-Community
-Wallets & User Apps
-In the Media
-Ecosystem
-In Closing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: