Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:30:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chess Game that Used Bitcoin?  (Read 5286 times)
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 06:29:30 PM

I think it will be good if someone create a chess game with pvp using bitcoin. should design a tournament for hearthstone too

The reason there isn't one is that people can create bots that are almost undefeatable, and you never know who is the player on the other side, if its a bot or an actual player.

So its only good on the free sites which already have chess for pvp without money.
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 06:43:39 PM

hello there i just want to ask if you know a gambling site that offers a PVP chess game? I want to play some chess and at the same time earn some profit, Cheesy
I'm tired on playing with bot at my computer. Thanks in advance for future responds.  Wink

You can try bella coin it rewards you bella which is a cryptocurrency for playing. But it is not worth much that is what is the problem. The payout is very bad, I am not sure how many people play online.

Most games like this won't pay you out much, as it is easy to use a bot for chess. Searching "chess bot" on google give many suggestions, and there even is a chrome extension that will help you decide on the smartest next move. For these reasons, I doubt that there will ever be a chess game for bitcoins.

As a chess player i think this would be nice where you can bet your btc that would really depend on your own skill. Calibration i think is necessary to avoid mismatches. and i dont think there is a bot like cheats in playing chess. if possible it can search for real players not bots.

Unfortunately, there is no such technology yet where it only searches for real players and not bots. You could put a lot of captchas, but someone could just watch the bot's progress and fill out captcha's as needed. A chess game is simply not viable.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 06:54:53 PM

hello there i just want to ask if you know a gambling site that offers a PVP chess game? I want to play some chess and at the same time earn some profit, Cheesy
I'm tired on playing with bot at my computer. Thanks in advance for future responds.  Wink

Why there aren't many of these PvPs is because you won't know if you are playing with a bot.

For example
I take black, you take white.
I run a PvE chess game at maximum difficulty on my PC. (I take white)
You make your move.
I make the same move in the PvE game, wait for it to make the smartest move, and make the same move in the real game. Wait and repeat.

There was a whole movie about using this tactics, long before computers got widespread. The plot was built around some trickster who separately challenged two chess champions which hated each other. They agreed to play against him as well as lose substantially more than win since they innocently believed they could easily smash to pieces their insolent opponent. While in fact they turned out to be playing against each other at the end of the day. I don't remember the movie title though. Anyone know?

I have heard this story too, but cannot seem to place it either.

All I get from Google is
Derren Brown (a magician) beats 9 chess players simultaneously. (using a similar trick) and

this from https://en.chessbase.com/post/derren-brown-s-che-trick-once-more-with-feeling
The trick is not new. Alekhine and his twice world championship challenger Bogoljubov are said to have been challenged separately to games of correspondence chess at money odds. In effect the opponent, who had little chess skill, was playing in neither game. He was simply passing on the moves of the players. Since he had received money odds he ended with a net profit whoever won the game.
I don't know how authentic this one is.
wibuindon

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 07:50:38 PM

I think chess is a horrible gambling game, I will not be ready to bet any real amount, because required skill and experience to win  Grin
CoolJakeB

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 08:51:37 PM

In the past, I have also looked for chess sites that offer real-money wagering but have had little to no luck finding them. I don't think there will be any chess games that use bitcoin or any other money currency in the near future because of all the possible cheating and bots. If there was somehow a way to ensure that play would be fair between two players with no computer assistance, that would be awesome. I am only a recreational chess player with a decent rating (1800 ELO) but it is one of my favorite hobbies.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2977

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 09:24:18 PM

I'm tired on playing with bot at my computer. Thanks in advance for future responds.  Wink

You can try bella coin it rewards you bella which is a cryptocurrency for playing. But it is not worth much that is what is the problem. The payout is very bad, I am not sure how many people play online.

Most games like this won't pay you out much, as it is easy to use a bot for chess. Searching "chess bot" on google give many suggestions, and there even is a chrome extension that will help you decide on the smartest next move. For these reasons, I doubt that there will ever be a chess game for bitcoins.

As a chess player i think this would be nice where you can bet your btc that would really depend on your own skill. Calibration i think is necessary to avoid mismatches. and i dont think there is a bot like cheats in playing chess. if possible it can search for real players not bots.

Unfortunately, there is no such technology yet where it only searches for real players and not bots. You could put a lot of captchas, but someone could just watch the bot's progress and fill out captcha's as needed. A chess game is simply not viable.
That is one of the good idea to verify that your enemy is bot or not.. every start to play chess it needs to verify first im not a robot.. before they can start play chess.. many people here before are requesting about that game but until now never seen any site here that you can play chess with bitcoin.. i heard somone developing chess before in development section but never heard the exact if they made it or not. because there still no any site that has chess game. maybe they dont want chess game because there is no profit if you made an arena for chess.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
anama

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 05:30:51 AM

i think is nothing site chess game
and winner can reward bitcoin
only chess game online is ready but not supported reward bitcoin
or batle user from user reward bitcoin not supported
only chess game online
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1162

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 06:25:25 AM

I think chess is a horrible gambling game, I will not be ready to bet any real amount, because required skill and experience to win  Grin
Also it will be difficult for you to win against programmed Robots
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 06:28:42 AM

I think it's really cool if there is a gambling game to chess, although I do not like gambling, I would like to see a fight serious about chess. Well, if you were playing chess and risking something then you would play seriously, and I would like to see a strategy which you have created for it. it will definitely be exciting

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 07:12:34 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2016, 08:13:31 AM by tee-rex

Yeah i think this also, it's easy to cheat in chess game, so If your not professional player in chess it's better to stay away in that.  But if your pro you can match those people who use bot to win the game.

How do we know that the OP is not going to do exactly the same? On the other hand, someone like Vladimir Kramnik or Vishy Anand could easily make fools of these bots and people behind them, if he ever wanted to, of course.
Let's face it. People with professional Chess background represent maybe 0.0001% of population probably less. 99.999% of other people would be easily crushed by good chess program.
You can't create service where only top of the tops pro prayers could play and win with Chess bots.
When money is on the line people will cheat for sure. So this is a reason we don't have now, and won't have in the future any pvp chess platform where you can win money.
Not even the best players would be able to win against the top chess algorithms. Stockfish (the newest one) has an estimated elo of 3447. Do you know what the world champion's elo is? 2857. Plus, the computers will analyze everything faster and more perfectly than any player (apart from memorization patterns)

This is just not realistic.

I'm still pro-human, as it were. Algorithms, even the newest ones, still need hardware to run on. If I remember correctly, every time a reigning world champion had been playing against a machine (for example Kasparov versus Deep Blue), the machine had been either a general-purpose top-of-the-notch supercomputer or a custom built device with massively parallel processing technology crafted specifically for playing chess and nothing else. And even in these cases the outcome was far from predetermined. I understand that today's regular computers are a lot faster and have a lot more memory than they were and had some twenty years ago. But I still think that they are not quite there yet to crush humiliatingly a grandmaster level chess player.

Besides, what is an estimated elo of a chess algorithm? Any chess match is time restricted, and would the algo show the same elo on some decrepit hardware given the time limitations for making a move? In my view, an estimated elo of such an algorithm is more hype than reality.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:21:38 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2016, 02:54:07 PM by ndnh

But I still think that they are not quite there yet to crush humiliatingly a grandmaster level chess player.

Besides, what is an estimated elo of a chess algorithm? Any chess match is time restricted, and would the algo show the same elo on some decrepit hardware given the time limitations for making a move? In my view, an estimated elo of such an algorithm is more hype than reality.

I'm not suggesting humans are inferior to machines or anything, well they are the ones designing the chess algorithm in the first place. You are totally underestimating these chess algorithms.

Can we even beat a calculator?
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:37:58 PM

It is not gambling at all. There is no luck element in it. All information is given to you and you have access to you at any time.
What I would like to see is chess variant with changed rules, maybe board will be covered at first and then revealed after X moves or something like that.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 01:10:46 PM

Also it will be difficult for you to win against programmed Robots

yeah I agree, bots will make chess a very hard gambling game to win. also not all people or gamblers that is are that much experienced in playing chess. so I think it's really not suitable to place bets on

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 01:39:10 PM

It would rather be a betting site. Betting on your own game is not gambling. Gambling is random and in the houses favour. This is not and in your favour providing you a good chess player.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 02:39:36 PM

I'm still pro-human, as it were. Algorithms, even the newest ones, still need hardware to run on. If I remember correctly, every time a reigning world champion had been playing against a machine (for example Kasparov versus Deep Blue), the machine had been either a general-purpose top-of-the-notch supercomputer or a custom built device with massively parallel processing technology crafted specifically for playing chess and nothing else. And even in these cases the outcome was far from predetermined. I understand that today's regular computers are a lot faster and have a lot more memory than they were and had some twenty years ago. But I still think that they are not quite there yet to crush humiliatingly a grandmaster level chess player.

Check out this video: Hikaru Nakamura vs Stockfish minus b-pawn

Here, a grandmaster was playing against Stockfish (back in 2014, so it must have been an earlier version) where he had a pawn advantage. And then proceeded to lose.

An estimated elo of 3447 doesn't mean that in reality it would be ~3000. No. For Stockfish 7, it's elo is 3339 +-16. Surely, they predetermined older algorithms' elo and then started basing newer ones off that, and it kept going until what we have now. The only way grandmasters are able to compete with the best chess algorithms is if the algorithms have a handicap. This is the reality of it. Do a little bit of research and you'll understand how powerful they truly are. No, we're not anywhere close to "solving" chess, but the analysis of these programs is pretty top-notch.

About Deep Blue, that was 20 years ago. Technology has advanced greatly since then. Now, I can load any old chess app on my phone, play the computer, and it'll probably be twice as good as Deep Blue.

Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 04:28:06 PM

they not yet develop it once its done we can should try to play and make some bets to make it more thrill you want that? i have a little knoledge about chess im playing at facebook with friends and it would be fun if they going to add it on gambling sites
arcanaaerobics

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 05:56:44 PM

I don't know a chess using bitcoin but you can try to play with Bella, it's a altcoin with a chess game, here's the thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437825.0
Have PVP and you can play with a bot, like a faucet...
DejanIvanov

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 08:57:27 PM

i think is nothing site chess game
and winner can reward bitcoin
only chess game online is ready but not supported reward bitcoin
or batle user from user reward bitcoin not supported
only chess game online

where link iam interest play cheese game online
advantage get reward bitcoin
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:22:23 AM

It is very unlikely that such a platform exists, chees is not a casino game, computers play at a superior level than humans now, so it will be very easy for someone to cheat using software, in fact that is a very big problem even in free platforms like chess.com.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:31:08 AM

It is very unlikely that such a platform exists, chees is not a casino game, computers play at a superior level than humans now, so it will be very easy for someone to cheat using software, in fact that is a very big problem even in free platforms like chess.com.

Well there is a full possibilities that they can use this application in there advantage but I think in doing this and if players would not win a game a single time many players would not play anymore and I think that if a chess gambling would be on full play there would be a demo play, computer vs or human to human play!

and yes chess is not a gambling game, but there are a mine craft game that needs bitcoin to play and would give bitcoin if you click the box without a bomb on it, and I think in this method if you win you can certainly win bitcoin as price! 
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: